color
clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw my sweet Gordie take his last breath. I’ve been agonizing that I didn’t know he was at a place where I needed to help him pass on. He had been to the vet and had every test..but he went into a seizure and passed in front of me.
@JPie..You did the right thing for your fur baby. She’s at peace now. I’m sure the anesthetic made her calm and wasn’t frightened. <3

I am so sorry, Mamabean (Joanne). We all do the best we can for the animals we love so much.

Hugs,
Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She’s here! Haha I finally caved and signed up for Instagram so I could make her an account to dump all the photos into. Because man am I gonna take a lot of photos 42AAFDF8-A95D-4F28-B8EC-72A912A49523.jpeg C8C48332-665E-4D55-B712-3D02D86DBA99.jpeg DC07E23F-943B-444F-9736-05647C1E0841.jpeg

Wow! Belle is more amazing than anyone could have imagined! What a beautiful puppetta!!! Please start a thread for her here in Hangout, too, for those of us who do not have Instagram. Even if you do not post every photo to it, it will at least allow us to follow her!!!

Hugs,
Deb :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry, Mamabean (Joanne). We all do the best we can for the animals we love so much.

Hugs,
Deb
Thank you Deb...I lost Gordie a little over 10 years ago and I still mist up and my heart hurts thinking of his passing. It’s a video in my mind that I can’t erase...I now have Bailey who’s 10..going on 11 in November..I hope he lives many more years but I will be alert this time..to make sure I read the signs. :cry2:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG soooooo much sweet, furry cuteness since I last visited; I think is may be my favorite thread on PS! :love:

My gals had a date at the puppy spa yesterday.
F1679ADC-527F-40F6-B00F-0DF9DB6E2F71.jpeg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She’s here! Haha I finally caved and signed up for Instagram so I could make her an account to dump all the photos into. Because man am I gonna take a lot of photos 42AAFDF8-A95D-4F28-B8EC-72A912A49523.jpeg C8C48332-665E-4D55-B712-3D02D86DBA99.jpeg DC07E23F-943B-444F-9736-05647C1E0841.jpeg

Holy moly that is a cute puppy! I'm going to follow her on Insta!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending gentle (((Hugs))) and comforting thoughts your way. It's so freaking hard. There are no words that can take away the pain. Only time can dull it somewhat and yes with time we can remember the happy times without the acute and deep pain. But we are always missing our sweet furbabies and we will always love them. They are in our hearts forever. I am so very sorry @JPie.

Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 6.35.30 AM.png

So sorry for you both - @missy & @JPie - sending love to you both. I lost a dog in 2016, and I still cry when I look at his picture sometimes.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG soooooo much sweet, furry cuteness since I last visited; I think is may be my favorite thread on PS! :love:

My gals had a date at the puppy spa yesterday.
F1679ADC-527F-40F6-B00F-0DF9DB6E2F71.jpeg
Omg! They’re so adorable...I love her little teeth showing! So sweet!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a set of new fosters. They were on the two hour euthenesia list. Three weeks old and severely underweight, dehydrated, full of fleas- they have worms too, to be expected.

I saw the post on the way to our belated anniversary dinner.... After dinner we picked up kittens.

There were four. The fourth baby was 7.5 ounces at 3 weeks. I stayed up with him all Sunday night. I handed him off to a bottle feeder for hourly feedings yesterday morning. He didn't make it. He passed last night.

The other three have been gaining steadily, are more alert and active and are eating on their own. I nudge them to eat and mix up a lovely smelling concoction of warm chicken baby food, kitten formula and honey and they prefer that over water so far. As long as we are eating and getting liquid in. These are the kittens. I have not named anyone. I wanted to see if they lived first. I think we are going to be ok. I'm working remotely the rest of the week to be on hand. I'm glad I have that flexibility.

Everyone is under 1 pound and once we got a pound I will feel better. We started at about 9 to 12 oz each. We've has good steady gains.

IMG_20190702_101902514.jpg IMG_20190702_101848703.jpg IMG_20190702_101722766.jpg

@elizat, thank you from the bottom of my heart for saving these kitties' lives. You are amazing. I am so sorry one did not make it but thank you for trying; you did everything you could. I know this is rewarding but it's also a tremendous amount of work and hard emotionally and I admire you so much.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that underbite - they are SUPER cute!!!

Thank you; usually, it’s just one side of her teeth that show because one of her fang teeth is positioned further out than the other, and her lip catches on it, making her look mean, like she’s snarling or something. In reality, she’s a pussycat who just loves giving & receiving love. =)2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Hugs,
Deb
Thank you @AGBF Deb..It’s amazing that it can still hurt after all these years. I told everyone I wasn’t getting another dog after losing Gordie. Two years later I adopted my Bailey.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I'm going to introduce two of the three new fosters. I have a little girl that is struggling a bit, so I'm not going to introduce her formally because if she doesn't end up making it it will be hard to see her picture in the thread.

But these two guys from her litter are doing good!

We named them based upon personality.

First up is Reinhold. We named him after Reinhold Messner, because this guy climbs out of his baby play pans and scales the top of it and will climb anything like nobody's business. He's a tenth of an ounce shy of one pound.

IMG_20190706_080406750.jpg IMG_20190706_080405114.jpg

Next up is Amerigo. He was named after Amerigo Vespucci. We called him that because he is interested in everything and tries to run and explore it all.

He's 1.3 pounds. He's the largest.

IMG_20190706_080628269.jpg IMG_20190706_080617199.jpg

I have named the little white girl Leisel, like from The sound of music. She's a tiny lady and she doesn't really want to eat very much. we had to go to an emergency vet visit because we stopped eating and be force-fed for over 24 hours. We are now taking tiny dainty bites and not really gaining any weight, but maintaining right around 12.5 Oz. she is going to be transferred to a critical care foster likely tomorrow, to make sure that she is eating and growing properly, because she needs to be monitored every few hours. With my work schedule I just can't do it, but I will be taking her back once she is eating on her own full-time and has put on some weight.

@junebug17 thank you. ♥️ The baby that passed breaks my heart. I have been so worried about Leisel. I check her every 4 hours and monitor her so close. I wish I was able to keep her until she's passed the stage, but I work full-time and I took basically the last week off to be here at the house. practicing law full-time, with a heavy caseload makes it difficult for me to do the critical care babies. I am going to feel relieved when I am able to hand her off to a critical care foster to make sure that she gains the weight that she needs. Every time I walk in that room I'm afraid she's going to be gone.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have named the little white girl Leisel, like from The sound of music. She's a tiny lady and she doesn't really want to eat very much. we had to go to an emergency vet visit because we stopped eating and be force-fed for over 24 hours. We are now taking tiny dainty bites and not really gaining any weight, but maintaining right around 12.5 Oz. she is going to be transferred to a critical care foster likely tomorrow, to make sure that she is eating and growing properly, because she needs to be monitored every few hours. With my work schedule I just can't do it, but I will be taking her back once she is eating on her own full-time and has put on some weight.

@elizat how is Leisel doing? Hoping she is improving each day and becoming stronger and healthier.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meet Oliver. The newest member of our family. He has had a tough beginning and is dealing with a severe corneal ulcer. We do not know if we can save his eye but we are going to be doing everything possible for him.

He is a sweet purr baby.
oliverbarney.png

We have to keep a cone on him at all times (so he doesn't touch his right eye) with the exception of eating as he cannot eat with the cone on his neck.

oliverbarneyeye.png
We are keeping him isolated from the others for now as he needs to be kept quiet and still so he can hopefully heal.

We have a section of cones for him depending on his mood. Real boys can wear any color and wear it well.
Pink
Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 5.27.42 AM.png

Or blue.
Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 5.18.22 AM.png

He enjoys the iPad mouse game despite vision only in one eye at the moment.
Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 5.26.34 AM.png

oliverandipad.png

He is a sweet baby.
Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 5.30.03 AM.png

If you want to hear his purring turn up the volume. This is his default setting lol. Despite all he is going through he is a purring machine.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the new addition @missy ! He looks like a real sweetheart. I hope his eye heals.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the new addition @missy ! He looks like a real sweetheart. I hope his eye heals.

Thank you @JPie. Oliver is a sweetheart. He really is. And we hope we can save his vision. It is a very severe deep ulcer. His eye could perforate. We have been giving him 2 sets of drops hourly and starting today we are going to six times a day (two different drops each 6 times). The problem is the drops are toxic so while he needs them they can also have negative effects so we are tapering from hourly to six times a day and going back to the vet ophthalmologist Tuesday and hoping at that point we can start him on something for the profound conjunctival swelling. That inflammatory process itself can cause vision loss but because of the severe ulcer we cannot treat the conjunctival swelling yet. We must get the ulcer under control. It's scary because he is so little and his immune system not working fully yet and he is depending on us to save his vision. And we are just not sure we will be able to. We have been taking him back and forth to the vet ophthalmologist and are doing everything we can but it might not be enough. Fingers crossed we can save little Oliver's vision.:pray:

We have him on oral antibiotics, 2 different antibiotic drops, anti parasitics and then hopefully next week anti viral drops. If all goes well.

He is looooong.

oliverandscratchpost.png

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy he is very tall! Do you know how old he is?

I’m glad he’s with you, btw. If anyone can give him the love and care he deserves, it’s you and your husband!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy he is very tall! Do you know how old he is?

I’m glad he’s with you, btw. If anyone can give him the love and care he deserves, it’s you and your husband!

Thank you JPie! Not sure of his exact age...anywhere from about 9-11 weeks now I think. At the moment he is about 3 lbs. Maybe a little more. He has (knock wood) a good appetite. I don't remember how much kittens are supposed to eat and because he cannot eat with the cone on he only gets to eat when we remove it under supervision I am not sure how much to feed him. He keeps eating though until the plate is empty no matter how much I give him. I googled it but there seems to be no one right amount of food to feed a kitten. Right now he is eating a 5.5 oz can throughout the day and some hard food as well. Do you think that is enough?

We are feeding him the kitten food the rescue group recommended. Authority kitten food. I hope that is a decent quality food.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I wish I knew more about feeding kittens! I haven’t had one in over 15 years so I’m no help there. As for whether the brand of food is good enough, I’m not sure I believe it matters anymore. My cat was on a species-appropriate raw diet with human grade ingredients, but she died of cancer before she was ten. My coworker had a cat live until 24 on a generic supermarket brand. :confused:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy Oliver is adorable! He sounds like a little baby tiger! So sweet! :love:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
7C571FBF-2532-4ADD-8CBC-222BEEA77FFA.jpeg You’ve all “met” Arya, she is my Saluki girl (see left).
We now have another Saluki, Mica. Mica is Aryas full sister (same Mum and Dad) from the second litter.
Mica just turned 2.
Mica is the Breeders Show bitch who were are “minding” as Arya was lonely after we lost Miss Button (a Rescue racing greyhound).
In hindsight, perhaps Yin and Yang would have been more appropriate.
And yes, one is an Angel, the other a Devil and colour can be misleading :lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results