color
clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dexter's first Christmas and I'm betting the last one for this tree! Think I'll get the kids to make some paper ornaments this year!

IMG_1529.JPG IMG_1535.JPG

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There should be a web page for this - altho maybe there already is! "Cats in Christmas trees!"

Love it, @StephanieLynn!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well... we didn't waste any time! We lost our old guy Marvin about 2 weeks ago, and shortly thereafter this little cutie popped up on my FB feed. He was born without fully functioning eyes, and is mostly blind. I inquired, as I just felt he was "right", and then went to visit him at his foster mom's. He was there with his siblings, all of whom were born with eye issues, but none of them are blind, just eyelid problems. Anyway - the foster had named him Stevie Wonder - and he knows his name! I brought him home, and he's doing just great with all the other cats. His distance vision is essentially non-existent, but I do believe he can see things that are moving very close to his face. He's so stinkin' cute! He knows what the sound of the canned food can being opened sounds like, and he turns in circles excitedly as he waits for his food. He's about 15-16 weeks old now, and he has the best purr-sonality!
Foster pics a.jpg Foster pics d.jpg Foster pics e.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ecf8503 Congratulations on your adorable new family member!:love: And how wonderful you are adopting such a special kitty.:appl: Lucky kitty!!!
:kiss2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ecf8503
Such a sweetie! And you are awesome for adopting him!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is doing so well - he knows his way around, always finds the litter box, etc. The only thing he isn't sure about is getting down from the cat trees, how to get back down the stairs, that kind of thing. He's just such a sweetie - I couldn't not adopt him!

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
@ecf8503 congratulations on the new addition!! Sounds like he is settling in nicely! You truly are amazing for adopting and cherishing this precious little kitty.

Any idea why the whole litter would have been born with eye/eyelid problems?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ecf8503 Congratulations on adopting this adorable baby. I have a feeling this little sweetheart is going to bring your family much happiness.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ecf8503-

I am so glad this special kitty will have a safe, forever home with you.

Deb/AGBF

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Well, it’s that time of year! The radio station has started to play exclusively Christmas music it seems, starting today.

So, in keeping with the holiday spirit, here is little Olaf decked out in some Christmas gear last year!

:kiss2:

DD865EF0-7F29-42AB-92E2-79EB9DCC2732.jpeg

C0C3BD3D-BFDB-462D-9E6E-85203B70DCE5.jpeg

E8D8D2E0-58BA-40B3-BA2F-EC90180D2314.jpeg

87BE4A32-2FBA-47C6-ADEF-CF81F6705683.jpeg

521091A3-F360-4AE9-9523-0D7398DD26F4.jpeg

09E42B78-782E-44E0-A19A-7B97FFAD9A90.jpeg

B13A9851-9F17-4A1A-A273-688F595E467A.jpeg

Attachments

• FC0ED3B6-D164-4407-895E-FDAF502EAAE5.jpeg
    FC0ED3B6-D164-4407-895E-FDAF502EAAE5.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 13

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it’s that time of year! The radio station has started to play exclusively Christmas music it seems, starting today.

So, in keeping with the holiday spirit, here is little Olaf decked out in some Christmas gear last year!

Olaf and his sister are absolutely adorable. Too cute for words!

Deb :))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matching PJs...how adorable!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ice empress adorable:kiss2:

Here's Francesca in the holiday mood...

frankieonblindswearingsantahat.jpg

:kiss:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha. How did she manage to make the blind into a hammock!? Too cute! :lol-2:

LOL this was when we first adopted her in 2009. She weighed almost nothing. Now she weighs probably around 10 lbs and would not be able to hang out on our wood blinds.:oops2: :lol:

Here she is on our paper mâché tiger...she could not do this now.:P2

queenofjungle.jpeg

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Olaf and his sister are absolutely adorable. Too cute for words!

Deb :))

@AGBF thanks! The little girl is actually my friend’s daughter, who thought it would be cute to dress them up in matching PJs! Well, she was right!. I couldn’t stop laughing at the overall adorableness of the whole thing!!

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@ecf8503, you and your family are so wonderful to give a home to such a special kittie. And he's so handsome!

@ice empress, I love these - especially with the two of them together and the matching pjs!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL this was when we first adopted her in 2009. She weighed almost nothing. Now she weighs probably around 10 lbs and would not be able to hang out on our wood blinds.:oops2: :lol:

Here she is on our paper mâché tiger...she could not do this now.:P2

queenofjungle.jpeg

This is such a great pic @missy! So cute! :love:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
4CDD2236-A99D-4C73-A3E0-9714FAD0BC28.jpeg 737A1584-AA24-4490-88D5-BA3F36CC477D.jpeg 888E5FB3-D49D-449A-BB5B-F735A38A560D.jpeg I don’t think I have posted my baby’s picture in this thread yet. This is my 7 month old Noah. He is quickly replacing my human babies (both teens) as my favorite child. He is super quiet like a cat, and just has the most adorable loving temperament. Here are some pics of my handsome boy who had to wear a onesie when he was neutered last month.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Juba imitating a statue to avoid being found and scolded for knocking over my glass of wine. I don't know why the pic is loading sideways.

juba statue 11-27-2018.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Juba imitating a statue to avoid being found and scolded for knocking over my glass of wine. I don't know why the pic is loading sideways.

juba statue 11-27-2018.jpg

That's hilarious, and totally believable as a statue especially sideways!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is by far the wildest cat we have ever had. I walk into the bathroom and he is hanging and swinging around halfway up the shower curtain. On our way to get him neutered I grabbed the cardboard carrier (because it was more convenient than digging out the good one)and he chewed a hole throught it in the car and climbed out. He has also literally clawed a hole the size of a baseball on the wall behind my chair.

Damn good thing he is cute!

IMG_1742.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Hanukkah and wishing everyone a joyous and healthy holiday season!

tommyandhanukkah.jpg
Tommy eyeing the menorah...hmmm I've seen that before.

tommyandhanukkah.jpeg
Let me investigate...what no food?

tommyhanukkah.jpg
Hmm I wonder if these candles are made from sugar?

tommyandbobbyhanukkah.jpg
Bobby and Tommy are like OK light the candles already so we can eat please.

zenaraincoat.jpg
Yup, still raining. Beats snow.
1237400wqzwintuen.gif

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I’m a bad mommy that has been spoiling my puppy with human food! But I have found that he loves healthy, crunchy VEGGIES! His favorites are carrots, persian cucumber, green beans, spinach salad and coleslaw!!! He can eat a whole bowl of salad with some chicken, like a healthy low carb eating Californian pup. He also loves most fruit. I’ve read that dogs eat grass to aid digestion, and since we have artificial turf lawn, it is okay to give him lots of good greens. It is SO much easier to get Noah to eat veggies than my kids!

What are some unique foods that your furbabies eat ?

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
@jaysonsmom it's really good for pups to eat veggies. Unfortunately, they don't have amylase in their stomachs to aid in digestion, which means if they eat veggies raw, they can't absorb the nutrients in the veggies, but it does them no harm. However if you steam them and cut them into little pieces or stew them with a protein (basically pre-processing and breaking it down), then their digestive system can absorb the nutrients from the veggies. Fruits are also really good for them (except grapes and apple seeds).:mrgreen2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m a bad mommy that has been spoiling my puppy with human food! But I have found that he loves healthy, crunchy VEGGIES! His favorites are carrots, persian cucumber, green beans, spinach salad and coleslaw!!! He can eat a whole bowl of salad with some chicken, like a healthy low carb eating Californian pup. He also loves most fruit. I’ve read that dogs eat grass to aid digestion, and since we have artificial turf lawn, it is okay to give him lots of good greens. It is SO much easier to get Noah to eat veggies than my kids!

What are some unique foods that your furbabies eat ?

With our current fur baby crew we only feed them cat food but with our original crew Billy would love to lick the chocolate popsicle stick after I ate a popsicle. It was hysterical. My sister said it was ok since it was just a tiny bit left on the stick. Whenever I would eat a popsicle Billy would run up to me and patiently wait and then I'd hold the stick for him and he would lick it dry. It was the funniest thing. Oh and when we were visiting my parents with Billy he would run up to the table and grab food from my dad's fork. My dad apparently was the soft touch in the family as Billy never grabbed food from any of us but my dad. In later years when Billy was old and did not have much of an appetite we were feeding Billy turkey to tempt him to eat. He loved turkey.

@jaysonsmom so funny your puppy loves veggies more than your kids. He could do a commercial for eating veggies. You are probably too young to remember but there was a cereal commercial and on it there was a picky eater named Mikey and well it was a good commercial very catchy. The other kids were exclaiming Mikey likes it... He likes it. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results