color
clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My pretty girl went for a groom today, including pamper package. She smells gorgeous :lol:

F29EF821-BC03-4AB5-B1A1-84B4B7FE6B37.jpeg F01A958D-232C-456B-B664-38271F76FA4D.jpeg

Sorry, but it’s dark here by 4.30pm now :(2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It won’t last long @AGBF , she’ll probably find something stinky tomorrow :lol:

LOL tell me about it. Whoever said cats are clean is kooky. Or perhaps my cats are just special cases lol. Filthy creatures but we love them.:P2:lol::kiss2:

Dottie is a pretty pretty girl!:kiss2:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It won’t last long @AGBF , she’ll probably find something stinky tomorrow :lol:

I would still enjoy it while it lasted, Austina. That's one thing I miss about having a longhaired dog: being able to bury my face in the soft fur. (And having a Newfie I could bury my whole body in his soft fur!) I like being very close to my shorthaired "new" dog, Hero. He feels almost naked in my arms because there is so little between us when I hug him. So I feel close to him. I always call him, "Baby" which I never called Griffin, although Griffin was just as young as Hero is now when I got him. Hero seems like a baby to me, all sleek and vulnerable. Griffin was like a stuffed animal. :))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dottie has a Newfie friend called Ursa, and in the woods, she really looks like a black bear walking around :D

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
She is so adorable! I hope she smells nice and clean for a while! Does she shed?
My dog, Bailey, is white and cream and has long hair. His fur is beautiful but if I give him a good scratch and hug..there’s a hair nest on my dark floors when he walks away. It’s actually worse after his bath..He doesn’t stay nice smelling for long..;-)

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No @Mamabean , you’re not really supposed to clip Spinoni, but she doesn’t have a typical coat, which should be rough and wiry. They’re supposed to be hand stripped, but we’re pretty sure her previous owners had her spayed when she was only 6 months old, and this affected her coat :(2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
No @Mamabean , you’re not really supposed to clip Spinoni, but she doesn’t have a typical coat, which should be rough and wiry. They’re supposed to be hand stripped, but we’re pretty sure her previous owners had her spayed when she was only 6 months old, and this affected her coat :(2
She’s beautiful just like she is now! Perfect..:kiss2:

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock

My friend has a spinoni she used to show. It would take her 2 days to fully strip him by hand! Lovely boy though he weighs nearly as much as I do and has almost knocked me over many times. He likes to put his front paws on your shoulder and give kisses when he likes you. Big slobbery beardy kisses hahaha! Your girl looks beautiful even without the traditional coat :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Issy’s fall portrait, and a photo of her with her friend Wendy, wearing babushkas. 14566219_1129855903773038_6243346491951932716_o.jpg IMG_9466.jpg

Awwwww:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: what a beautiful fall portrait.:love:

And haha "Babushka" love that word. My nieces and nephew (my dh's brothers kids) call my MIL "Buscia" which shares the same roots I believe.

Hugs to Issy and to her friend Wendy too. Sweet sweet babies. :kiss:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gah! One of the dogs either ate or hid two persimmons, three apples, and an orange while I was getting dressed.

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Gah! One of the dogs either ate or hid two persimmons, three apples, and an orange while I was getting dressed.

Bahahaha. That’s too funny! They hid them in their bellies!! :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Better than them eating or hiding our diamonds.:P2
As long as the persimmons and apples and orange cannot hurt the dogs that is!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Better than them eating or hiding our diamonds.:P2
As long as the persimmons and apples and orange cannot hurt the dogs that is!

Persimmons are safe except the pits can be choking hazard or upset intestines. I was calling checking on that as soon as I saw them missing! Definitely a worst fear sort of moment.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bahahaha. That’s too funny! They hid them in their bellies!! :lol:

I suspect so but am also suspicious as they only had about 20 minutes and there is no hint of sticky fruit mess on them or around the house and no fruit smells. I am a bit worried about where they may have hidden them and finding them before they got.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Persimmons are safe except the pits can be choking hazard or upset intestines. I was calling checking on that as soon as I saw them missing! Definitely a worst fear sort of moment.

OMG yes. Been there ourselves. I will never forget the 2010 New Year's Day rush to the 24 hour emergency animal hospital with Bobby thinking he had swallowed Christmas ribbon. Oy. Then after the X-rays were inconclusive I had to call my sister and she met us at the Long Island vet hospital she works in (closed for New Year's Day) and she had to get a tech to come in help her and they did exploratory surgery on him. Good times.

Glad your fur babies are A OK. They sure can cause us lots of worry but life is never dull with them in it.::)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG yes. Been there ourselves. I will never forget the 2010 New Year's Day rush to the 24 hour emergency animal hospital with Bobby thinking he had swallowed Christmas ribbon. Oy. Then after the X-rays were inconclusive I had to call my sister and she met us at the Long Island vet hospital she works in (closed for New Year's Day) and she had to get a tech to come in help her and they did exploratory surgery on him. Good times.

Glad your fur babies are A OK. They sure can cause us lots of worry but life is never dull with them in it.::)

I can't imagine!

They do keep life interesting and make me get out of bed and smile even when I don't feel like it.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my cats' house rules is "if it's round and it it rolls, it's a toy" and that's why I spend meal prep time on my knees fetching veggies and fruits out from under the bed.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was looking out my front window today and saw what looked like a German Shepherd, only grey and shaggy, walking alone down the middle of my street today. Dogs do not walk alone here like that. It was completely fearless. Plus we have three Golden Retrievers on this street, no German Shepherds. It was bigger and fluffier than I had ever thought a coyote might be, but after staring and looking (standing on furniture, too), I went to the internet. One site said there are no coywolves, that all eastern coyotes are hybrids of dog, wolf, and coyote. I spoke to my friend in Maine who owns wolves; wolf-dog hybrids; and dogs. Like the internet, she said coyotes are smaller than what I saw. But I am betting this was a coyote. Two of my dogwalkers said they saw coyotes (and foxes) while walking my dog. I never had any fears about coyotes and my dog when I had a Newfoundland because he was huge and also had loose skin and two coats of fur that another animal would have to get through to try to get at his organs. But my current dog is only 78 pounds with a sleek coat. The dog I saw (or coyote) resembled a wolf. Wolves mind their own business, and we don't have them here anyway. Stray coyotes prey on cats and small dogs. Although I can't see one preying on my insane dog.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results