clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

I am glad Goose is adjusting to life in your home, packrat. No matter how wonderful life with you is after a shelter, change is hard on an animal! missy, the kittens your parents rescued are precious. I have come to be able to appreciate how a purring cat sounds and feels recently, too, through my friend, Barbara. She has five cats under her roofs right now and her dogs are going from eight in number to nine when a rescue she has in quarantine in California comes in via transport in the next few days!

I was going to say more but my daughter came in from a date and I am using her computer since mine is out of the house being fixed. She doesn't share hers very well. What's hers is hers, although what's mine is hers, too.

Deb
;))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

packrat, I am glad that Goose is doing so well in her new forever home. There is always this deep breath I can finally take when a rescue animal adjusts to his/her new home and all the animals/humans living there. It's a traumatic time for all but especially for the newest furbaby addition. So happy for all of you!

Thanks Deb. I used to think people who had more than 2 cats or 2 dogs (or a cat and a dog) were crazy people but laughs on me haha. I have come to realize that isn't the case -at least from my (skewed/crazy?)- perspective lol. It's so easy to open your heart to animals in need. And thank goodness for that because there are just too many animals who need shelter/food/love. It breaks my heart. After what we went through last autumn with the feral cat we rescued at the beach (and found a home for on a horse rescue farm) though I just don't know how people do this full time but thank goodness for them. They are amazing and true heroes IMO.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

missy|1379898999|3525467 said:
packrat|1379898268|3525462 said:
Awww I love kitties so much. I like to hang out w/the nursing moms and watch the babies...it's so cute when they knead their paws on her tummy and purr!

I agree! It makes you forget all your troubles for just a little while and makes everything seem a bit better. A purring cat is delicious. We just have to get them socialized because right now they are feral but fortunately the kittens are young enough to become adoptable though there are 2 very tough ones. I held the most difficult kitty for about 2 hours today and he finally relaxed enough to close his eyes and sleep and seemed almost like he was enjoying being held. So fingers crossed they all become friendly.

They are adorable! And btw, nice fire shot in that first pic! :wink2:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy|1379935250|3525587 said:
Thanks Deb. I used to think people who had more than 2 cats or 2 dogs (or a cat and a dog) were crazy people but laughs on me haha. I have come to realize that isn't the case -at least from my (skewed/crazy?)- perspective lol. It's so easy to open your heart to animals in need. And thank goodness for that because there are just too many animals who need shelter/food/love. It breaks my heart. After what we went through last autumn with the feral cat we rescued at the beach (and found a home for on a horse rescue farm) though I just don't know how people do this full time but thank goodness for them. They are amazing and true heroes IMO.

I downloaded two photos yesterday from my e-mail to my daughter's computer (because mine was out of the house, being fixed) to show my friend's son with two animals: my big dog and a tiny kitten he rescued. I am hoping that I can now upload photos from where I am...my own computer! I am due to meet someone and have to get into the shower. Although I have posted photos of my dog on Pricescope, I haven't posted any in this thread. I wanted to show you all my dog in this thread and also wanted to show you this kitten. David rescued it and was very sad to be unable to rescue its sibling before a big thunderstorm. Its mother-his mother-is feral. The kitten needed expensive surgery to get rid of some dreadful parasites (they may have been some kind of maggot laid by flies) in its body. He is one of the five cats my best friend now has. His name is, "Blizzard". David is really a gentle giant, good with all animals, big and small.

Deb/AGBF
:wavey:

barbsphotosof8232013b.jpg

barbsphotoof8232013a.jpg

barbsphotoof82313.jpg

davidandblizzard.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

OMIGOSH Deb! What hilarious photos! I wasn't sure who or what was buried under Griffin in the first 2. He is SUCH a darling gorilla. I want to hug that boy -- Griffin, not David, though maybe him too :D -- & just love him up.

Good for David for rescuing the kitten -- pretty little character. What happened to the litter mate? Also glad you found him a home, which is the hard part around here -- so many feral cats, everybody has their offspring already.

--- Laurie

P.S. Did you see my answer to your post about Elaine, etc.? Message me on DB -- JF1407 -- if you want. I'd love it.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love looking at everyone's little babies!!! I just love my kitties! ^..^

So, here is my furbaby story...

I adopted my first kitty my second year of grad school after a bad breakup... I got him in my hometown in east TN and he was soooo tiny -- the shelter told me he was 6 weeks old, but my vet said that he was more like 3-4 weeks, since he was so small and didn't even know how to meow or eat from a dish. I took him home and it didn't take long until he was doing both -- a lot! :bigsmile:

So this is Punkin now. He is 12 years old and a healthy (read: fat) boy at 15 lbs! :bigsmile: He loves his mom, but that's about it as far as humans go! He doesn't like my husband, but we are working on being civil. ::) :halo:
punkin.png

Punkin needed a friend, so after a year of being the only child, I adopted a precious kitty who I named Abner. Abner was the best cat ever. I had him for 5 short years until I had to had him put down because of congestive heart failure. I had no idea he had it, and one day he just started screaming and couldn't walk. I thought he'd broken his leg and took him to the vet immediately. I was sooooo sad to hear of his diagnosis. The vet said that it was pretty rare in felines, and that you normally find out when they "have an episode" (when they throw a clot). Abner had thrown a clot in his little leg, but the vet said that it was only a matter of time until he would have one go to his lungs... and then he would suffer terribly. They kept him comfortable overnight, but he was growing weaker. It absolutely broke my heart to let him go. ;( :blackeye: Punkin was so confused and cried every day looking for his best friend. That was over 6 years ago, and I still get teary eyed when I talk about him to this day. I wish I had a photo to post, but only have snapshots at home. He was a buff/salmon colored kitty with the coolest markings -- he had a swirl on one side and a martini glass on the other! When he sat in the sun, he was pink. I really miss him. ::)

After a while, I thought it would be a good idea to get another kitty so Punkin would have a playmate. I adopted a brown and gray tabby from a local shelter. She was very sweet and got along with Punkin. I named her Lola.

About two months after I adopted Lola, my aunt (who runs a spay/neuter clinic in TN) sent out her weekly email showing the animals in the clinic for adoption... The moment I laid eyes on a little orange tabby, I knew I had to have her!! I emailed my aunt and told her I wanted to adopt this kitten. I was sad when my aunt told me that she was going to Nashville... I don't know what came over me, but I just cried about it all day (this has NEVER happened before)! I called my aunt and told her how upset I was and asked that she let me know if they happened to get another similar looking kitty in soon... She just laughed and said that the people were only fostering her, and that if I really wanted her, then she would meet me half way the next day! I was soooo happy!!!! :bigsmile: This sweet little orange kitty was the runt of her litter, she had a little apple head and the sweetest face -- and she was FEMALE!! (it's very rare to see a female orange tabby, just like it's rare to find a male calico...). I named her Peanut, and she is my sweet sweet baby doll kitty! Here are some photos of Lola (when she was little) and Miss Peanut... they loved each other!
lola_peanut_5.png lola_peanut_2.jpg lola_peanut_3.png lola_peanut_10.png lola_peanut_7.png peanut_1.png

After about 6 months, Lola became very unhappy, hiding under my bed, and only coming out for food and she was not using the litter box, but right beside it -- YIKES!! I took her to the vet to make sure she wasn't sick, but she was perfectly healthy -- so I knew it was behavioral. Peanut was starting to bully her and she seemed so unhappy... it made me sad. After a couple of years of this behavior, I sadly gave her to my aunt at the shelter. I felt so guilty, but I thought she deserved to be happy. My aunt was sure she could find her a home where she'd be the only kitty and very happy. It only took a month for my aunt to find Lola a forever home! She told the lady Lola's story, and stressed to her that if she decided they were not a good fit or if Lola seemed unhappy, that she wanted her returned, no matter how long it had been. The lady agree and off she went with my little Lola. When several months passed and my aunt hadn't heard back from the lady, she called her only to find out that Lola was perfectly happy and purring all day as she laid on her couch and slept with her in her bed at night. :praise: So, this turned out to be a great fit for Lola.

It's been Punkin and Peanut for several years now and they get along wonderfully! (even though Peanut seems to think she's the boss, weighing in at 6 lbs!!) :lol: This photo was taken recently...
punkin_peanut.png

I have so many better photos on my Instagram account, but no way to get them to my new iPhone!! UGH! Thanks for making it through my incredibly long story! Can you tell how much I love my kitties??!! :bigsmile:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

JewelFreak|1380038419|3526337 said:
OMIGOSH Deb! What hilarious photos! I wasn't sure who or what was buried under Griffin in the first 2. He is SUCH a darling gorilla. I want to hug that boy -- Griffin, not David, though maybe him too :D -- & just love him up.

Good for David for rescuing the kitten -- pretty little character. What happened to the litter mate? Also glad you found him a home, which is the hard part around here -- so many feral cats, everybody has their offspring already.

--- Laurie

P.S. Did you see my answer to your post about Elaine, etc.? Message me on DB -- JF1407 -- if you want. I'd love it.

Thank you, Laurie. I do love that big lug. I meant Griffin, but I love David, too, and he's also pretty big at about 6' 2" and well over 200 pounds! Griffin just puts him in perspective. ;))

I joined DB a few months ago, but never used it. Tonight I spent a long time there trying to find out how to send private messages, but couldn't figure it out. In the end I e-mailed the administration of the site because my daughter had gotten so impatient with me and wouldn't let me stay at the computer any longer. It would be easier for me if we e-mailed each other!

Deb

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

Deb, I thought that would be a way to give you my email address. Maybe you can only send messages if somebody has something up for sale -- I don't see any way otherwise either & I haven't put anything there yet.

I'm not on FB. Where can we exchange email addies? With a zillion unregistered folks on here, not a good idea. Any brilliant ideas?

Anybody else have thoughts?

-- Laurie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

JewelFreak|1380117172|3526994 said:
Deb, I thought that would be a way to give you my email address. Maybe you can only send messages if somebody has something up for sale -- I don't see any way otherwise either & I haven't put anything there yet.

I'm not on FB. Where can we exchange email addies? With a zillion unregistered folks on here, not a good idea. Any brilliant ideas?

Anybody else have thoughts?

I'm not on Facebook, either, so your being on it would not have helped. And DB got back to me and said exactly what you did: someone has to be selling something. Don't worry. I'll find you. diamondseeker is planning to come to this area-Greenwich as well as Long Island-soon. Could you join her? Could we do a sleepover? Where's Sharon?

Deb

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

We izz in da cabnets. Yea for kitchin renovashins.

p1010628.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

Matata said:
Matata!!! I've missed you!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

YT|1380672450|3530432 said:
Matata said:
Awwww, I've missed you too. Still have my number & email? I'm just a few keystrokes away. Hugs.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Matata said:
YT|1380672450|3530432 said:
Matata said:
Awwww, I've missed you too. Still have my number & email? I'm just a few keystrokes away. Hugs.
I do! I was actually thinking about you the other day and was gonna text you and see how you were doing! I was watching the news and something about where you live came up.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata|1380672334|3530431 said:

Excellent! :appl: Are they any help??

cheers--Sharon

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal|1380677329|3530481 said:

cheers--Sharon
Help!? :lol: :lol: :lol: All 3 of them should have their name changed to "Hindrance". The drawers and doors are being painted off site but when it comes time to paint the boxes, the cats will have to be confined to their catio to keep them from their favorite past time which is making a big mess.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata|1380678889|3530505 said:
canuk-gal|1380677329|3530481 said:

cheers--Sharon
Help!? :lol: :lol: :lol: All 3 of them should have their name changed to "Hindrance". The drawers and doors are being painted off site but when it comes time to paint the boxes, the cats will have to be confined to their catio to keep them from their favorite past time which is making a big mess.

Well they may be called hindrances' but at least they match the backsplash! :cheeky:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal|1380679500|3530513 said:
Well they may be called hindrances' but at least they match the backsplash! :cheeky:
Yep, designer cats through & through. ;))

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Msop04, your kitties are beautiful! :love:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

junebug17|1380737737|3530856 said:
Msop04, your kitties are beautiful! :love:

Yes, they are. They make me want to go to sleep with them. Cuddly, adorable, perfect peaches. Matata, yours are stunning!!! They belong on a runway.

Deb

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

And how! I love Matata's little gremlins.

--- Laurie

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock

Just had to share this little guy(Jaxon) is my shadow lol

_136.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Cluless|1383099696|3547173 said:
Just had to share this little guy(Jaxon) is my shadow lol

Aw, what a sweetie Cluless! :love: So cute!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've been meaning to share this story for awhile... I have some time now so here it is! It happened two or three months ago, and involves my parent's next-door neighbors. A bit of back-story to set the scene: my parents live in a semi-rural (for California) area in California's Gold country. Think 1-acre lots, hilly terrain, lots of mature trees and natural vegetation. My parents have known their neighbors, Hank and Diane, for many years, going back to the mid-sixties when both families lived in the Bay Area. Both couples are now in their 80's and dealing with health issues. For several years now Hank has been feeding two feral cats that live near his house, probably under the decking. They'd watch for him each morning, but wouldn't let him approach them. For the most part the cats stayed out of view and the rest of us saw them only rarely.

One morning Hank went out to get the mail as usual. His health has deteriorated quite a bit in the past year so the excursion down the steep driveway to the mailbox was probably his exercise for the day. He used to combine it with a daily walk next door to my parents' house to bring them the previous day's paper. ;-) My mother had asked him to stop the daily visits when he started showing signs of dementia or Alzheimer's, but he still came over occasionally... so DIane thought nothing of it when he didn't return to the house right away. But something strange happened when she opened her kitchen door to get something from the porch - the black outdoor cat rushed into the house and Diane, who uses a walker these days, wasn't able to keep it from coming in. This cat had never, ever been to the house, and had never tried to get into the house before. Once the cat was in the house she sat in front of Diane and meowed to get her attention. Then it seemed that she kept moving, with Diane following her, until both was in front of the other entrance to the house - the one closest to the ramp that had been installed after Diane started using the walker. Then the cat slowly led Diane down to a clump of trees alongside the driveway - where Hank was lying on the ground, unconscious.

Diane called my mother, my mother called an ambulance. The black cat sat on the deck, watching as the ambulance took his friend away. For the next few weeks, while Hank was in the hospital and/or care facility, we often saw the black cat on my parent's deck, always looking over at the neighbors' house.

Hank is back in his home now, though with in-home care. The cats still get fed every day.

SMC

Ideal_Rock

VRBeauty|1383231734|3548130 said:
I've been meaning to share this story for awhile... I have some time now so here it is! It happened two or three months ago, and involves my parent's next-door neighbors. A bit of back-story to set the scene: my parents live in a semi-rural (for California) area in California's Gold country. Think 1-acre lots, hilly terrain, lots of mature trees and natural vegetation. My parents have known their neighbors, Hank and Diane, for many years, going back to the mid-sixties when both families lived in the Bay Area. Both couples are now in their 80's and dealing with health issues. For several years now Hank has been feeding two feral cats that live near his house, probably under the decking. They'd watch for him each morning, but wouldn't let him approach them. For the most part the cats stayed out of view and the rest of us saw them only rarely.

One morning Hank went out to get the mail as usual. His health has deteriorated quite a bit in the past year so the excursion down the steep driveway to the mailbox was probably his exercise for the day. He used to combine it with a daily walk next door to my parents' house to bring them the previous day's paper. ;-) My mother had asked him to stop the daily visits when he started showing signs of dementia or Alzheimer's, but he still came over occasionally... so DIane thought nothing of it when he didn't return to the house right away. But something strange happened when she opened her kitchen door to get something from the porch - the black outdoor cat rushed into the house and Diane, who uses a walker these days, wasn't able to keep it from coming in. This cat had never, ever been to the house, and had never tried to get into the house before. Once the cat was in the house she sat in front of Diane and meowed to get her attention. Then it seemed that she kept moving, with Diane following her, until both was in front of the other entrance to the house - the one closest to the ramp that had been installed after Diane started using the walker. Then the cat slowly led Diane down to a clump of trees alongside the driveway - where Hank was lying on the ground, unconscious.

Diane called my mother, my mother called an ambulance. The black cat sat on the deck, watching as the ambulance took his friend away. For the next few weeks, while Hank was in the hospital and/or care facility, we often saw the black cat on my parent's deck, always looking over at the neighbors' house.

Hank is back in his home now, though with in-home care. The cats still get fed every day.

Wow, what an amazing and touching story! I'm glad that Hank is ok. Those cats are awesome.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SB - honestly, a Sheba sounds like my kind of dog. I'd go crazy with a dog who slobbered over me and followed me around all day... but a nice zen, somewhat aloof dog I might be able to live with!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow VR -- what an amazing story!!!

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock

Aw, what a sweetie Cluless! :love: So cute

Thanks junebug he truly is a sweetie he's the eldest of a litter of 3 ............. other 2 being girls let's just say he likes getting away from them and hanging out with momma lol

VR Wow there are no words just amazing!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My daughter just made me come to the computer to see this. I think she had her grandfather take the picture. It was taken two days ago on November 29. I liked the dog's size in it. Of course he is drooling. But Newfies' mouths are configured to keep out the waves, so they drool. Their swimming prowess is what makes them such wonderful lifeguards. ;))

AGBF
:saint:

november292013.jpg

isaku5

Ideal_Rock

That's a great picture of your beautiful daughter and Griffin :love: :love: :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your daughter is lovely Deb, and of course Griffin is as sweet as can be! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results