Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

I'm really sorry about Bella LLC :((

Clem is a sweetie packrat! I love stretchy kitties!

Glad to hear the good news about Ava Enerchi!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

This pretty tortie is coming to us next Saturday.

JD is not enamored of my name choices, however, so luckily I have a week to decide. The kids and I were going to go meet her this morning but forgot it's the first day of that county fair, and there's like 10,000 extra people coming to town on the same main drag the shelter is on, so we rescheduled.

So, hopefully she likes us and it works out w/the other cats.

26508413-1-large.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Aw, she's a beauty packrat! :love:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Isn't she tho? The shelter lady said she's really sweet, and had been in the big room that has the most cats in it, which is the same room Clementine was in, but the kitty decided she wanted to join a few of the others as the official "hall" patrol, and greet people when they come in.

Ran my name list by JD and he hates them so I'm open to suggestions if anyone cares to think of some!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

woofmama|1357743749|3351233 said:
Okay I have to add a picture of two of my dogs. I'll try to get some additional fun shots up later but I only have this saved to my computer. It's incredibly difficult to take good pictures of black dogs.

Yes!!! I have a Newfie now. My last two were a Golden and then a yellow Lab. I never thought about it, but my daughter is always asking for pictures of her with the dog (I'll post one in this thread, which I am just reading, later tonight). I often cannot see the dog in the light she has chosen! You have put your finger on why! The darn boy is black and doesn't show up if it's dark!

Deb
:wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Somehow a stuffed animal was posted in this thread by mistake. I would keep it on my bed, though. I never saw one that was cuter!

astuffedanimal.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hey, Enerchi! You went into my past about five years and grabbed my dog and my plans for my next dog!!! Well, maybe a bit more than five years.... But my yellow Lab, when he was young, was a beautiful specimen like yours. (We had to euthanize him in 2008, which was five years ago, so that certainly wasn't his prime.) I had planned to get another yellow Lab or a chocolate Lab while I had him or after him. (I was, then, living in Virginia with 2 and 1/2 acres of property so I could have had two active dogs.) My big doggie had a big, soft bed like yours, too. Your beautiful doggies really bring back wonderful memories. I used to get down on the bed in the kitchen with my Lab and my husband used to yell at me for doing it. (He was European and didn't think people should lie down with dogs or on floors.)

I have a Newfoundland now, but he doesn't like fluffy beds the way my other dogs did. He wouldn't get "up" on them. I had to buy a flat pad and then he was willing to lie on it. It may have to do with his having been with the breeder-essentially in a kennel-for the first 16 years of his life. He wasn't a house pet. He now is willing to come in out of the rain (although not the snow.) If it starts to rain he often barks or scratches at the door on his own. If he doesn't-and it is summer-I yell, "Griffin, it's raining!". Eventually he moves and actually lumbers in. As my daughter always says, when he comes in ten minutes after first being called, "He's like a greyhound". ;))

Deb/AGBF

iwant.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I can't believe this thread. I have seen Murry and Pickle and Onyx as a puppy, the baby black Lab I would have died for...and then this!!! This is the position all my dogs get in. But when a BABY does it!!! You have to eat the baby up!!!

(I want to know if Onyx the Lab continued not chewing things. There are mellow Labs. My daughter's cello teacher had one. He was a totally different type of Lab from mine. Both were yellow, but there the similarity stopped. Everything else that could have been different in size and temperament was!)

livisfirstday.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

fabulousfindk|1357685282|3350663 said:
I LOVE this thread! I can't upload pictures because I'm at work 0_o But I always have stories! We joke all the time that our dogs are like Pinky and the Brain; the little pug is the mastermind and gets the big oaf of lab in trouble. Pickle (the pug) has somehow trained Onyx to get up on the counter, and rip just one paper towel at a time off the roll and then Pickle promptly rips it into tiny pieces. I've seen this happen with my own two eyes.

Yes, you said that Onyx is a Lab who doesn't get into trouble. Pickle led him into all the trouble. Right. ;))

Deb, longtime Lab-mother

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

JewelFreak|1357604785|3349958 said:
Gatsby is a good old-fashioned DARKER golden! YAAAAYYY!! That's how goldens looked historically -- so lovely to see one, a rarity now. We had one when I was a kid & he was the very best soul ever, smarter than I am too. Do you have Gatsby's pedigree? If so, look & tell me if there are any Tigathoe dogs in it, please?

Laurie-

I loved Gatsby when I saw him, of course, but I didn't notice what you said in your posting until now. I am rereading some of the beginning of this thread. The word, "Tigathoe" caught my attention because I didn't know why I recognized it. I have told you that I cannot call up words well anymore and, certainly could never in a million years have called that word up. I believe that it was on my Golden Retriever's pedigree. I don't have it here. And I don't know if that is the exact word. I recall that her sire was a name like "Tagithoes Hot Chili" or some such thing. (She was born in around 1978!)

Deb/AGBF

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Awe!! AGBF :wavey: come on over and have a cuddle with Lily and Ava at any time!!!! ANY.TIME!!! They would like and snuggle you to bits!!! Both girls are very cuddly, loving and adore human attention--- so if you find yourself in the wilds of Eastern Ontario .... know you are welcome any time!!! :bigsmile:

Zeus, the airedale, will probably lift his head to acknowledge you... at 11+ years old, that's the most action you can hope to see out of him! lol!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Enerchi|1378613686|3516597 said:
Awe!! AGBF :wavey: come on over and have a cuddle with Lily and Ava at any time!!!! ANY.TIME!!! They would like and snuggle you to bits!!! Both girls are very cuddly, loving and adore human attention--- so if you find yourself in the wilds of Eastern Ontario .... know you are welcome any time!!! :bigsmile:

Zeus, the airedale, will probably lift his head to acknowledge you... at 11+ years old, that's the most action you can hope to see out of him! lol!!

Thank you, Enerchi. I surely would drop in if I were in Ontario! And I would attempt to approach Zeus, too! I have a great regard for older doggies who have done their time working for their families and deserve to enjoy some good retirement time! He appears to be healthy and in good shape. I hope that that is the case!

I got waylaid from finishing this thread last night. I had planned to read all of it. But I ended up reading about Tigathoes Golden Retrievers on the Internet and joining a Golden Retrievers forum in order to get more information about them. I was up until 3 AM, but I found out what I wanted. I got my Golden's pedigree and she was a Tigathoes Golden Retriever. I will post more about her later.

Deb/AGBF

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So not our furbabies but I cannot resist posting these pics. While we were cycling at the shore these last few weekends we saw a few groups of newborn baby ducks. This breed of duck (I cannot remember the specific breed sorry) is very rare here and sadly it is unlikely most of them will survive to adulthood :(( but I snapped a few pics. All in all I counted 22 ducks over 3 different groups (teams I think they are called). They are so cute, so precious and I want to rescue them all but I know I cannot and must let nature take its course. However people are feeding them and giving them water so that is all good. Now if only those darn cars would actually read the signs and slow the heck down! :nono:
If all of you reading this could send good thoughts and healthy survival dust to the remaining babies I would be so appreciative, thanks!

babyducksinoceangrovesept2013.jpg

mommywithherteam.jpg

2differentteams.jpg

socutesept2013.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

They are lovely...and it makes me sad to think some will not survive. My best friend has many animals, many adopted from shelters when they were about to be euthanized. She said her son (age 24) came home the other night after being up for 24 hours at a concert and said he thought someone must have put something in his drink because he "saw" three Silkie chickens in front of their house.

It turned out that a female friend of his had seen three chickens in a parking lot and knew that his mother and he rescued animals. She had brought them over and left them in an enclosure. My friend just lost a pet chicken she had had for 16 years (Miss Peepers)*. She now has five cats; eight dogs; and three chickens! She once had a pet duck as a teenager.

AGBF

*I wrote about Miss Peepers in another thread on Pricescope. I will try to post a link to it.

Link to thread with Miss Peepers...[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-something-good-in-the-news.191388/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-something-good-in-the-news.191388/[/URL]

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF|1378608067|3516554 said:
JewelFreak|1357604785|3349958 said:
Gatsby is a good old-fashioned DARKER golden! YAAAAYYY!! That's how goldens looked historically -- so lovely to see one, a rarity now. We had one when I was a kid & he was the very best soul ever, smarter than I am too. Do you have Gatsby's pedigree? If so, look & tell me if there are any Tigathoe dogs in it, please?

I loved Gatsby when I saw him, of course, but I didn't notice what you said in your posting until now. I am rereading some of the beginning of this thread. The word, "Tigathoe" caught my attention because I didn't know why I recognized it. I have told you that I cannot call up words well anymore and, certainly could never in a million years have called that word up. I believe that it was on my Golden Retriever's pedigree. I don't have it here. And I don't know if that is the exact word. I recall that her sire was a name like "Tagithoes Hot Chili" or some such thing. (She was born in around 1978!)

I was able to find Brit's ancestry. Her sire was Tigathoes Redhead. He was descended directly from: Tigathoes's Hothead; Tigathoes Hot Chili, WC; Tigathoes Hot Tamale WC; and Tigathoes Nickotee. Another ancestor listed on the five degree pedigree was Am CH J's Teeko of Tigathoe.

Here is a picture of her taken September 1, 1992 at about age 12.

britonseptember1of1992.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Here's one of Zoe in one of her favorite places. Under my desk, usually lying on my feet. I think she's saying "Another photo Mom?? C'mon, I'm having a bad fur day!".....

zoe_sept_2013.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

oh Zoe, its okay... we *all* have bad fur days every now and then :D

Angel2013

Rough_Rock

Here is my curly haired shih tzu - his name is Belgarath but we call him Butter. It is very hard to take a pic of him as he always look like a hairy rug in poor lighting.

img_2399.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Angel2013|1378780523|3517663 said:
Here is my curly haired shih tzu - his name is Belgarath but we call him Butter. It is very hard to take a pic of him as he always look like a hairy rug in poor lighting.

Adorable. I'd kiss that little dog mouth if he were mine!

Deb
:saint:

Angel2013

Rough_Rock

Thanks Deb! I have always wanted a newfy like your Griffin but we can only have shih tzus (living in a tropical country, high rise building). Butter was the youngest of the litter of five, his mom was tri-color (white, brown and black) and his dad was gold, when he came out and he was black, I knew he was staying with us :D

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

Sleepy Neena makes me happy

wp_20130908_01020130908221845.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF|1378659306|3516819 said:
They are lovely...and it makes me sad to think some will not survive. My best friend has many animals, many adopted from shelters when they were about to be euthanized. She said her son (age 24) came home the other night after being up for 24 hours at a concert and said he thought someone must have put something in his drink because he "saw" three Silkie chickens in front of their house.

It turned out that a female friend of his had seen three chickens in a parking lot and knew that his mother and he rescued animals. She had brought them over and left them in an enclosure. My friend just lost a pet chicken she had had for 16 years (Miss Peepers)*. She now has five cats; eight dogs; and three chickens! She once had a pet duck as a teenager.

AGBF

*I wrote about Miss Peepers in another thread on Pricescope. I will try to post a link to it.

Link to thread with Miss Peepers...[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-something-good-in-the-news.191388/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-something-good-in-the-news.191388/[/URL]

Aww, thanks for the link to the thread about Miss Peepers-what a sweet beautiful chicken. And what a nice story Deb. It makes me very sad to think about most of those ducklings not surviving to live a full life. I am glad Miss Peepers had people loving and caring for her and that she was able to live a happy long life.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Davi|1378801204|3517774 said:

She looks very sweet, Davi. Don't you also have dogs? And are you in Buffalo? Or am I imagining that you went there from New Haven?

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Angel2013|1378797847|3517768 said:
Thanks Deb! I have always wanted a newfy like your Griffin but we can only have shih tzus (living in a tropical country, high rise building). Butter was the youngest of the litter of five, his mom was tri-color (white, brown and black) and his dad was gold, when he came out and he was black, I knew he was staying with us :D

Well, Butter is a winner...but, where are you, Angel?

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Enerchi|1378746167|3517307 said:

I should have said how adorable Zoe is. I wish I could see more of her, but what woofmama said about photographing black dogs was prescient. You can't get good pictures of them in the dark...and they still want to do what other dogs do: go under furniture, go under covers, go between pieces of furniture, go under bushes, etcetera!

She's a cutie pie, yenny!

Deb

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

AGBF|1378809912|3517790 said:

I should have said how adorable Zoe is. I wish I could see more of her, but what woofmama said about photographing black dogs was prescient. You can't get good pictures of them in the dark...and they still want to do what other dogs do: go under furniture, go under covers, go between pieces of furniture, go under bushes, etcetera!

Deb

Thanks Deb! You're not kidding about black dogs being hard to photograph! We also have a problem at night when we're watching tv with the lights dimmed. I'll think I'm petting her upper back only to discover I've been rubbing her bum!! :lol:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yennyfire|1378813470|3517799 said:
AGBF|1378809912|3517790 said:

Thanks Deb! You're not kidding about black dogs being hard to photograph! We also have a problem at night when we're watching tv with the lights dimmed. I'll think I'm petting her upper back only to discover I've been rubbing her bum!! :lol:

Uh oh, yenny. I fear a major threadjack could be coming: the danger of black dogs in the dark! Then there's the matter of danger to black dogs in the dark! Each of these could be a thread in itself, a far as I am concerned!

One night my daughter came home from a date after midnight and didn't see Griffin on path in front of the house. She tripped over him and hit her chin on the cement front steps. She came in with her chin bleeding and her tooth broken off at the base. It had popped out of her mouth and she had caught it, then dropped it. Somehow in her hysteria over the fall-she was scraped up as well as losing the tooth-she thought she needed to save the tooth!

Then there was the time I fell onto Griffin when he was lying in the dark in the small center hall that leads to four different doors. He seems to favor that space. Now I keep that light on at all times. ALL times. (His reaction to my falling on him, by the way, was quite stoic. I don't think he even grunted. And I was completely down on him.)

And so it goes (as Kurt Vonnegut says).

Deb

SB621

Ideal_Rock

My shiba decided to jailbreak from the house today and spent several hours running- actually bounding through my neighborhood before I chased her down. I will not be going to the gym later.

As punishment we spent a good 20 minutes brushing out her coat as it was so mattied. She definitely had some sort of popcicle or sherbert melted on 1 side of her. I hate it to say it but I think my shiba stole from a child :shock: Poor kid probably didn't even see my Kedem coming!

kedem.jpg

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

AGBF|1378809226|3517786 said:
Davi|1378801204|3517774 said:

She looks very sweet, Davi. Don't you also have dogs? And are you in Buffalo? Or am I imagining that you went there from New Haven?

Deb

Hi Deb :D

Yes! We have two dogs. Neena and Mia. We moved to Buffalo from New Haven 2 years ago. Should be moving somewhere else in two years as well. It's the transient life for us :D Hope you, the family and the furry family are all fairing well :D

I also have a tendency to make the dog's pictures in black and white :D

Mia being coquettish

Neena in our garden

beforework_007__2_.jpg

65465.jpg

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

Khoda sang to me in the truck this morning. I had Sweetheart playing and he started howling and he kept on through the entire song... twice. LOL!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results