clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

Sorry to hear the sadness happening in this thread. I'm no stranger to losing pets.

I wanted to jump in and say how awesome this thread is and that I can't believe I have never looked through or joined it! You guys are amazing!

I have a 10 month old daughter now, and a 6 year old red/white beagle named Daisy, who is the absolute light of my life. She gets along really well with our baby! LOL Of course we love the baby so much, but Daisy WAS here first and she still gets special attention. She's been SO good with the baby, and she's still such a love. Here's a pic of the two of them in the Midwest cold this month, just dying to get outside and play. Thanks for looking! I love looking at your beauties! :wavey:

_5132.jpg

jazzoboe

Shiny_Rock

Well, the new puppy is home! Introducing, Gatsby's baby boy, Bingley!

_5282.jpg

_5283.jpg

208.jpg

_5284.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

The cuteness!!!!!! Poooooopiiiiiee!!!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Oh my bejezzus heart attack! Toooo cute!!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh sweet mother of all cuteness, I love that puppy!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock

The story:
In 2005, Dh & I were walking for exercise. (We were friends then) I heard a odd noise and just passed it off as farm animals. A few moments later, he stops and asks of I hear that noise. We started walking towards the fence and and found this tiny ball of fur with legs. First reaction? Squeal. She was so...fluffy and stuffed animal like. I looked around for any sign of momma / siblings but found none. Picked her up and realized she was all fur and skeleton. We scrapped our walk and went to his place. Fed her some impromptu grounded chicken (cooked) mixed with carrots and gravy. Weird when I think of it now, but I knew I needed to get protein in the dog and wanted a pâté consistency.
The next morning we took her to the vet who pronounce her a very healthy albiet skinny puppy. Now there was a dilemna- who takes the dog? You see, Koreans eat dog and my pup looks exactly like the type they eat. Once we realized that, we realized there was no dilemna :)
Dh took her and his ex named her Dooly. She never liked the dog (stupid cow :nono: ) and never showed it love. Fast forward 4 years, I magically bump into my DH and I was ecstatic to find out Dooly was still with him!! It's been almost 4 years since she's been completely mine and I feel blessed everyday to know that I have such a faithful loving dog.

Really long story, sorry. Wouldn't offend me if you skip it and just awe the pics :)

_6455.jpg

_6456.jpg

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock

Now she looks like this

Smiling after a torturous bath

I walked out to see DH laying on the floor playing and she looked so guilty! She wouldn't look at me, it was hilarious.

And no BS, this is how she sleeps 90% of the time. My crazy crazy dog.

_6457.jpg

_6458.jpg

_6459.jpg

_6460.jpg

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

601180_10151482427689544_2143743193_n.jpg
Khoda sits on everyone, human, dog, cat. Everyone.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dragonfly: So cute! I love when they think every lap is theirs. :))

Kelinas: love the story, and especially love the ending! She is adorable - as a puppy and as a full grown cutie, even if she is caught messing around with your guy every once in a while... ;))

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

jazz - OMG SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

kelinas what an awesome story!! Baby fluffball Dooly turned into a pretty little lady :bigsmile:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

Kelinas - Your dog has such similar traits to my sister's dog, he's just darker than she is! Love her story!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Piggles got hurt on the weekend. Little sissy Emma decided to lay the wrath on her hiney. Now the area is shaved and disinfected and bandaged up.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1369148742.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YT: I'm so sorry! Glad that she is okay, I think? Does Emma seem concerned at all about her sis?

D

Deactivated member 42515

minousbijoux said:
YT: I'm so sorry! Glad that she is okay, I think? Does Emma seem concerned at all about her sis?
Thanks Minou! If anything Emma seems proud of herself. She keeps climbing over Livi and stepping on her wound. The little butt.

But her wound is looking much better. And she's still her bouncy self :)

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I finally have a somewhat decent picture of our cat, her name is Socks she was a stray who found a way into our hearts...she showed up one day and never left, that was in 2008.

p1000059.jpg

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock

diamondrnglover Socks is so cute! And the name totally fits!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is Obi Wan my furbaby buddy

Cute as a button when he was 6wks...

The he was 6months...

Now he is 124 lbs and 17months :))

baby1.jpg

_6597.jpg

baby4.jpg

obi_1.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ZestfullyBling|1369339598|3452624 said:
He looks sweet as sugar and I bet he's a great lap warmer.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata|1369340956|3452639 said:

He is the sweetest...my baby boy, loves to be right under me ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the time. He is way BIGGER than my lap but is a definite foot warmer 8) :)

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ZestfullyBling|1369342476|3452649 said:

He is the sweetest...my baby boy, loves to be right under me ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the time. He is way BIGGER than my lap but is a definite foot warmer 8) :)
My friend's mastiff insists on being a lap dog. I'm convinced he thinks he's a chihuahua. When he sits on my lap, circulation is immediately cut off and all I can see is a wall of fur. The only part of him that fits in my lap is his...err, well, dog bits, but he is oblivious and happy. I much prefer a bit of lap damage over his slobbery kisses.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Matata said:
ZestfullyBling|1369342476|3452649 said:

My friend's mastiff insists on being a lap dog. I'm convinced he thinks he's a chihuahua. When he sits on my lap, circulation is immediately cut off and all I can see is a wall of fur. The only part of him that fits in my lap is his...err, well, dog bits, but he is oblivious and happy. I much prefer a bit of lap damage over his slobbery kisses.
Oh my gahhhhhhhhhh, he's sooooo cute!!!!

I love mastiffs! They make amazing lap dogs! :)

SB621

Ideal_Rock

I got pizza for dinner tonight. DH went to pick up the kids (2 leggeds) from daycare. When they got here I ran out to help him get them out of their carseats. By the time we were back in the house my other kids (4 leggeds) ate both pizzas!!!!!!! :angryfire: Large bbq chicken pizza and a large veggie.

Now that itself's is pretty bad however, I know in several hours it will hit their rears and I will be cleaning up after them or letting them in the backyard every 30minutes. Probably starting around 1:30AM!!!!! arghhhhhhh

Only pic I have on my phone of our lab Maya Moose. She is a sweet girl but constantly getting into trouble...as you can tell by the trask can lid on her.

cimg0090.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

TOOOO funny Sarahbear!!

My dad calls Labs "a by product of a one night stand with a garbage can" :lol: and now that we have 2, I concur! Ava and Lily race thru their own dinners to see who can get to the other one's bowl fast enough to sneak some of their food. Its a complete DRAW everynight - neither is fast enough - they both eat at the speed of light!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Sarahbear621 said:
I got pizza for dinner tonight. DH went to pick up the kids (2 leggeds) from daycare. When they got here I ran out to help him get them out of their carseats. By the time we were back in the house my other kids (4 leggeds) ate both pizzas!!!!!!! :angryfire: Large bbq chicken pizza and a large veggie.

Now that itself's is pretty bad however, I know in several hours it will hit their rears and I will be cleaning up after them or letting them in the backyard every 30minutes. Probably starting around 1:30AM!!!!! arghhhhhhh

Only pic I have on my phone of our lab Maya Moose. She is a sweet girl but constantly getting into trouble...as you can tell by the trask can lid on her.
Hahahaha I am cracking up here!!! Hilarious!!!!

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock

MOAR goodness:
My old roommate was one of those people who thought she was a advocate for animals but couldn't quite understand that she wasn't helping. She had a cat that she couldn't find the time to spay. Lo & behold, kitty got preggos. She had 5 kittens but when. We got home, 2 had passed.
First kitty is Curious George

Then we had Bruiser (she got into a fight with her siblings and got a bruise on her eye)

Then there was Hook... He always flexed his claws :D

Then her dog. I loved this girl to death but damn she would get new pets with a blink of an eye. This was Moose, a fawn Bull mastiff.

_6616.jpg

_6618.jpg

_6619.jpg

_6620.jpg

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock

Cont

Getting tortured by playing dress up @ 5 months old

_6621.jpg

_6622.jpg

_6623.jpg

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock

Last but not least, the cat that pulled me out of depression and gave me many many scars
My Tico.

Got him at a no-kill cat shelter. Specifically asked which were the PITAs. Went for the meanest, unsocial one in the bunch. Brought him home, got about 500 scars getting him out of the carrier, another 500 just trying to feed him.
But this cat, once we got past the scratches, loved me. Always brought me gifts ( :errrr: :lol: ) and picked me up when I needed it. He's not with me anymore (he's now a mouser) but god I fuc*ing loved that cat. My husband always apologizes whenever Tico comes up in the convo. /sigh
My alltimefavoritepicture:

_6624.jpg

_6625.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock

YT so not funny!!!!!!! We are going to have to replace the carpet in our "library" room. It was horrible.

And then Maya got into bed with me and took up the majority of our bed. seriously DH and I were squished on 1 end with the 85lb heffer taking up 85% of it!!!!

SMC

Ideal_Rock

Phinney found a field lab during her walk and pounced on him (she does this to all dogs she meets - must work on this):

We try to make her sit before she gets anything:

She's a lab mix we officially adopted from the Seattle Humane Society. Our friends were the foster parents to the mom and her litter so we got to "reserve" one of the puppies. She's the only golden puppy in a very mixed looking litter of 8 (the rest are chocolate, black and white, or black with brown spots).
Here she is as a smaller baby with the rest of her litter:

8944641129_a05c4ce08f_z.jpg

8944811911_c7690199db_z.jpg

8681726375_2839a95793_z.jpg

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Here's my favorite baby picture of Herbie: (he still makes me laugh on a daily basis)

img_0154.jpg

He's sleeping on a pillow that came with his bed. It's his favorite toy. He's de-stuffed it but I'd feel bad if I threw it away.

073_0.jpg

He's not supposed to be on the sofa but he's trying to "cute" me into letting him stay.

032.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results