Re: Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

Hi, I'm sleepy :)

imageuploadedbytapatalk1385964336.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1385964362.jpg

SMC

Ideal_Rock

Awww!

Here's Phinney sleeping. She's gotten very cuddly.

The shelter told us she was a lab mix but it turns out that she has 0% lab or any retriever. We bought her supplies anticipating a 70 lb dog full grown. She's 9 months now, and tips the scales at 27 lbs - the vet has told us that she'll be in the low 30s full-grown. So now she has these huge food bowls and a crate that can fit 3 of her. :)

photo__16_6.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful puppy you have there, YT!!

Deb/AGBF
:wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sortmon|1386004465|3566105 said:
Awww!

Here's Phinney sleeping. She's gotten very cuddly.

The shelter told us she was a lab mix but it turns out that she has 0% lab or any retriever. We bought her supplies anticipating a 70 lb dog full grown. She's 9 months now, and tips the scales at 27 lbs - the vet has told us that she'll be in the low 30s full-grown. So now she has these huge food bowls and a crate that can fit 3 of her. :)

Well...the shelter can't always get it right! She looks like a miniature Lab! She's just adorable. 9 months is a great age. Young, but (sometimes) old enough to have stopped chewing up the furniture and the siding of the house!

Deb/AGBF

SMC

Ideal_Rock

AGBF|1386020300|3566258 said:
Well...the shelter can't always get it right! She looks like a miniature Lab! She's just adorable. 9 months is a great age. Young, but (sometimes) old enough to have stopped chewing up the furniture and the siding of the house!

Deb/AGBF
The good thing about her not being a lab is that she is very good about chewing only her toys. She hasn't yet gnawed on a single piece of furniture or destroyed a single pair of shoes. She's only unraveled one roll of toilet paper. She seems to understand what's hers and what's ours pretty well. Such a good puppy!

On the flip side, she's very "exuberant" (as our trainer puts it). She's desperate to greet any dog and person we meet on the street. It's kind of embarrassing because I have to watch her very carefully on walks or else she'll end up jumping all over a random stranger. Now she's also learned how to bark to get attention. :/

D

Deactivated member 42515

AGBF said:

Deb/AGBF
Thanks! He's actually my SIL and brother's dog. We are babysitting the baby while they are in Korea for 3 weeks.

Here's my babies.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1386030738.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YT|1386030746|3566351 said:
AGBF said:

Thanks! He's actually my SIL and brother's dog. We are babysitting the baby while they are in Korea for 3 weeks.

Here's my babies.

I actually saw those two earlier in the thread, YT, and would KILL to be able to cuddle with them! You would have to lock them up if I were ever in the vicinity! They are the most gorgeous, most cuddly dogs I have ever seen and I believe you had them since they were puppies, too! Are they Springer Spaniels? Can you repost puppy pictures? (I feel sure I saw some!)

Deb/AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sortmon|1386022264|3566279 said:
I have to watch her very carefully on walks or else she'll end up jumping all over a random stranger.

This, too, shall pass! Or at least it does with most dogs. There are exceptions...and the exceptions have to be a mixture of highly exuberant dog/very wired breed/very lax owner. Otherwise something kicks in. If the owner doesn't take charge, the animal eventually just grows calmer with age! ;))

Deb
:saint:

SMC

Ideal_Rock

Haha! She is highly exuberant. She's been through 2 series of training classes (puppy preschool and puppy kindergarten) but she got kicked out of puppy middle school for being too exuberant and disruptive towards the other dogs. The trainer told us to wait until the next series of classes when she's perhaps a bit more mellow. :) So now I have a middle school dropout on my hands. I'm working on her though! She just has a very low threshold - basically any eye contact with a stranger will give her the wiggles.

She has the cutest wag though. Her entire bottom half will move, not just the tail. We call it the "butt wiggles". Strangers have cracked up on the street because of it - though they sober up quickly once she gets her muddy paws on them.

Deb, your Newfie looks like an angel. He seems so calm.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sortmon|1386036404|3566390 said:
Haha! She is highly exuberant. She's been through 2 series of training classes (puppy preschool and puppy kindergarten) but she got kicked out of puppy middle school for being too exuberant and disruptive towards the other dogs. The trainer told us to wait until the next series of classes when she's perhaps a bit more mellow. :) So now I have a middle school dropout on my hands. I'm working on her though! She just has a very low threshold - basically any eye contact with a stranger will give her the wiggles.

She has the cutest wag though. Her entire bottom half will move, not just the tail. We call it the "butt wiggles". Strangers have cracked up on the street because of it - though they sober up quickly once she gets her muddy paws on them.

Deb, your Newfie looks like an angel. He seems so calm.

Your middle school dropout does not appear to be headed towards juvenile delinquency!!! She is angelic.

Griffin is very, very calm...unless there is a thunderstorm. I am not used to that degree of calm since my last two dogs were a Lab and Golden Retriever, both very intelligent, vibrant animals who interacted quickly. Griffin is slow as molasses. My daughter always says, ironically, "like a greyhound". He often cannot get out of a room because he is too big to turn around, so he has to back up. My daughter and I call that maneuver, "The UPS Truck" because it looks as if we should start to hear some beeping as a big truck backs up. His bottom is HUGE.

This morning I woke up and came downstairs to find a lamp on an end table overturned. I thought for a moment that there might have been an earthquake during the night, although we don't get them frequently here on the East Coast. Then I realized that perhaps Griffin had been on the long couch and somehow managed to knock over a lamp. He very rarely gets on furniture and we are all in awe when he does it...but when he does he is a sight to behold! And he likes to do it when no one is watching, although no one has ever reproached him for getting up on the furniture! He really is a bull in a china shop. He can't move without his tail knocking over a glass of water on a table or his doing some sort of damage somewhere! He's a great big huge calm bear!

Deb/AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Griffin chewed through the cord to the lights on the fir tree in the middle of our front yard. It no longer lights up. Charlie, who put up the lights, was trying to figure out what had caused the short. He eventually did. Now we have to decide whether to go with only the other lights or try to Griffin-proof the lights to the Christmas tree. Meanwhile here is the latest of Griffin and his significant other. We are awaiting a snowstorm. Griffin will be happy.

Deb/AGBF

griffin120913.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Aww Deb, if Griffin and Tommy ever joined forces no Christmas tree would be safe LOL.

Here's a pic of what they like to do best. Especially on a cold almost winter morning... :bigsmile:

heyi_mrelaxinghere.jpg

photo_439.jpg

4catsinabed.jpeg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

We don't have a Christmas tree but we do have a cat tree decorated by Maliik. I don't know how he managed to fold it in half and drape it over the tree. At the end of last week, he'd shredded the whole thing into itty bitty pieces. And a pic of the boys cuddled up yesterday when outside temp was 5 degrees.

papertree.jpg

papertree_2.jpg

wintersnuggle.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

I love seeing your new pictures, Matata! The boys are beautiful!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

Missy, 4 cats?! They're so pretty!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Zoe|1386709933|3571473 said:
Thanks Zoe. They are currently "helping" the contractors who are making repairs to our sunroom. Up the ladder go the cats and bang, down to the floor go the tools. :lol:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

Matata|1386710559|3571479 said:
Zoe|1386709933|3571473 said:
Thanks Zoe. They are currently "helping" the contractors who are making repairs to our sunroom. Up the ladder go the cats and bang, down to the floor go the tools. :lol:

:lol: I can imagine. Our male cat gets into everything, too!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is the pic I took in 2008 that I have chosen to be my Christmas card for this year:

christmas2013.jpg

She hated the hat and it did not stay on her for long.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Zoe|1386710463|3571478 said:

Thanks Zoe. Yes, we have 4 LOL but they are all rescues and though we did not intend on ending up with more than 2 or 3 we just couldn't say no to our last addition Tommy 4 years ago this Christmas. He was kept as a mouser in the basement of the building I work in and when I found out about it I was basically a wreck. My dh and I used to visit him on weekends and feed him. The conditions he was living in were just horrible and it took a month or so but I convinced the super to let me take him and get him checked by a vet in our area and at that point I think the super had given up and just let me take him for good. We actually had a home lined up for him but I just didn't know the woman very well and in the end my dh and I couldn't part with him. He is such a sweetie but he does have his weird behavior quirks as do all our kitties. Rescues can sometimes be a handful as they have all been through so many hardships before we get them but they are so worth it. I only wish I could rescue them all. ::)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Awww dk, what a sweetie!

Matata, I think you know how much I love your kitties. They are some of the most beautiful cats I have ever seen. :love: I wish I could come and visit them because I know they have the personality to match!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy|1386722561|3571612 said:
Matata, I think you know how much I love your kitties. They are some of the most beautiful cats I have ever seen. :love: I wish I could come and visit them because I know they have the personality to match!

Awww thanks Missy. You're welcome to visit anytime. if you're not careful, I might give you one -- Taji, in particular, who is devil spawn. Sweet as sugar, but devil spawn.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata|1386726055|3571649 said:
missy|1386722561|3571612 said:

Awww thanks Missy. You're welcome to visit anytime. if you're not careful, I might give you one -- Taji, in particular, who is devil spawn. Sweet as sugar, but devil spawn.

Haha, you can't scare me Matata. I'm the mother of 4 devil spawn. :bigsmile:
But I admit, I love (almost) every minute of it.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hey Missy, here's Taji. He promises that if he comes to live with you, he won't bully your other cats (like he does here), or chew the corners off your kitchen cabinets, or knock everything off the fireplace. He even took a selfie to show you how talented he is.

_12574.jpg

_12575.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, gals, I can't keep up! The cuteness is overwhelming! I am so glad that this thread is suddenly popping again! I feel as if I have a big old clodhopper when I hear about what your lithe cats get up to! (I guess I do.) Griffin can't get into much of anything. He's way too big! He can't leap or bound or any of that stuff!

Keep the stories and photos coming!

Deb

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata|1386707435|3571448 said:
We don't have a Christmas tree but we do have a cat tree decorated by Maliik. I don't know how he managed to fold it in half and drape it over the tree. At the end of last week, he'd shredded the whole thing into itty bitty pieces. And a pic of the boys cuddled up yesterday when outside temp was 5 degrees.

Matata... I love your kitties!!! Your really bad one sounds like our Cashmere. He's into everything. Digs the corks out of the glass bowl, pulls the stopper out of the sink, steals things and I did catch him chewing on the corner of the entertainment center :-o Crazy cat!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata|1386726589|3571654 said:
Hey Missy, here's Taji. He promises that if he comes to live with you, he won't bully your other cats (like he does here), or chew the corners off your kitchen cabinets, or knock everything off the fireplace. He even took a selfie to show you how talented he is.

OMG Matata, he's absolutely precious. Those eyes, those ears, that face! And just to show you how precocious he is he just texted me writing that he never did any of those things you accuse him of doing. 8)

And stop torturing me because I am already plotting how to get my dh let me adopt a 5th... hehehe.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF|1386726903|3571658 said:
I feel as if I have a big old clodhopper when I hear about what your lithe cats get up to! (I guess I do.) Griffin can't get into much of anything. He's way too big! He can't leap or bound or any of that stuff!
Deb

Celebrate your clodhopper!!! I love my cats but they can be a challenge. They have learned to turn on the kitchen and laundry room faucets. They love to play in water. Problem is, they don't turn the faucets off. And we have toggle light switches throughout the house. They'll turn the lights on and off to get our attention if they want to play and we don't. Oh, and anything resembling decor is stuck down with museum putty and gel. Even the art on the walls because if they can knock it over or knock it down (to test that gravity still works I guess), they will. I have an 80 lb granite and iron table in the living room that is stuck to the floor with museum putty because they kept knocking it over to see my reaction. Sometimes they are too smart for my own good :D

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Zoe|1386710463|3571478 said:

Zoe-

Do you have any furbabies?

Deb

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mayk|1386727036|3571660 said:
Matata|1386707435|3571448 said:
Matata... I love your kitties!!! Your really bad one sounds like our Cashmere. He's into everything. Digs the corks out of the glass bowl, pulls the stopper out of the sink, steals things and I did catch him chewing on the corner of the entertainment center :-o Crazy cat!
Maybe you should send him to Missy. My Taji and your Cashmere would definitely liven things up at her house. :Up_to_something:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata|1386727452|3571665 said:
AGBF|1386726903|3571658 said:
I feel as if I have a big old clodhopper when I hear about what your lithe cats get up to! (I guess I do.) Griffin can't get into much of anything. He's way too big! He can't leap or bound or any of that stuff!

Celebrate your clodhopper!!! I love my cats but they can be a challenge. They have learned to turn on the kitchen and laundry room faucets. They love to play in water. Problem is, they don't turn the faucets off. And we have toggle light switches throughout the house. They'll turn the lights on and off to get our attention if they want to play and we don't.

Matata...this is really hysterical!!! Griffin loves water, too, but as one might expect he has absolutely no finesse. Unlike your highly intelligent and mobile cats, he is earthbound and leaden in his approach to matters. When we first brought him home he was 16 months old and fully grown although not as heavy as he is now. (In other words, he was 125 pounds, not 150 pounds.) He was still strong as a bull with a massive head, however.

I told everyone to make sure that they kept the toilet seats closed because I noticed water splashed on the bathroom floors and I suspected that Griffin, who loved all water, was drinking from the toilet when he could.

But I kept hearing these thumps. So one day I investigated and found that Griffin was lifting the entire apparatus of the toilet-lid and seat-up with his giant head; drinking at will from the toilet; then letting the whole thing bang back down. Now we have to keep the bathroom door closed at all times.

Deb/AGBF

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results