shape
carat
color
clarity

Rainbows - could it be moissanite replica?

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matthews1127, I saw that and thought WTH? If you want to sell something and someone asks about it you tell them everything right there, you don't tell them to go find it themselves. Or how about a link to the ring on their site? Poor customer service for a possible sale in the thousands.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matthews1127, I saw that and thought WTH? If you want to sell something and someone asks about it you tell them everything right there, you don't tell them to go find it themselves. Or how about a link to the ring on their site? Poor customer service for a possible sale in the thousands.

IKR?!?
Ligit, or not, that was not cool.

GlitterGal1234

Rough_Rock
@GlitterGal1234 Did you get this appraised? I'm so curious about that center stone.

No! Haven’t made a decision yet. The New York Antique Jewelry Showcase is happening this weekend and my s.o. and I have tickets... I’ll decide on the ring in this post once the show is over, if I don’t find an amazing piece there! Any experience with events like that?

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No! Haven’t made a decision yet. The New York Antique Jewelry Showcase is happening this weekend and my s.o. and I have tickets... I’ll decide on the ring in this post once the show is over, if I don’t find an amazing piece there! Any experience with events like that?
See if Old World Diamonds will be there (I’d be surprised if they’re not) and maybe Parks Fine Diamonds? They’re NY based and do good stones. Some of the other well known vendors are probably attending too like LoveAffair Diamonds or Jewels by Grace.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How fun to go to a show. Just remember it's caveat emptor. All the same caution and proof should be expected. Bring your own loupe,lite if possible. Respect vendors time and remember that they paid a lot for a booth and are a business making money, don't monopolize their time if you are not serious about something. Don't touch gems with your fingers and keep item above the table and in vendors sight at all times. Bring lots of water too...those places are hot!

Amphoteric

Rough_Rock

I think that ring is lovely and very unique. I'm very surprised that everyone thinks it's a stimulant because it doesn't conform to some specific cut definition. I thought that was the whole reason we liked antique stones and jewelry was that they could be totally unique. It's like someone combined an asscher and a Rose cut diamond. I've purchased from Pebble and Pebble before and I have only had very positive experiences and the fact that they don't want to explain in detail the historical aspects of the ring and instead ask you to email is not strange for instagram.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Amphoteric, I don't believe anyone stated they thought the diamond was a simulant or not a diamond as advertised, however the quality of the cut of said diamond is in question and it does have a certain glassy appearance and lacks depth. So yes, it is probably a diamond but not well cut and so maybe not worth the asking price. Also it does seem a bit strange that they couldn't provide the stats on this diamond without referring a prospective buyer to a website or asking them to email. What is so hard about providing cut, clarity, color information in a response on Instagram?

Personally, if I'm looking to spend several thousand dollars and am expected to do the work to find this information that the seller could readily provide, I am taking my business elsewhere.

GlitterGal1234

Rough_Rock
I think that ring is lovely and very unique. I'm very surprised that everyone thinks it's a stimulant because it doesn't conform to some specific cut definition. I thought that was the whole reason we liked antique stones and jewelry was that they could be totally unique. It's like someone combined an asscher and a Rose cut diamond. I've purchased from Pebble and Pebble before and I have only had very positive experiences and the fact that they don't want to explain in detail the historical aspects of the ring and instead ask you to email is not strange for instagram.

That's reassuring to hear! I'm curious if you got your pieces appraised after purchasing from them, and whether it was appraised at a higher, lower, or similar price?

Amphoteric

Rough_Rock
That's reassuring to hear! I'm curious if you got your pieces appraised after purchasing from them, and whether it was appraised at a higher, lower, or similar price?

I don't typically have antique pieces appraised unless they're very high value and that ps purely for insurance. I purchase for the charm and the whole package of history and beauty, the true "market value" of a piece isn't a strong interest of mine. Granted, if you're making a large purchase with a focus on the diamond, not the whole piece, I can understand wanting a certification or appraisal, but I don't think that is the true purpose of antique jewelry. They're worth more than the sum of their parts.

Edit: that being said, I agree, $9,000 seems high even pricing for rarity, but when there's only one of something in existence, you can charge whatever you want.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Amphoteric, I don't believe anyone stated they thought the diamond was a simulant or not a diamond as advertised, however the quality of the cut of said diamond is in question and it does have a certain glassy appearance and lacks depth. So yes, it is probably a diamond but not well cut and so maybe not worth the asking price. Also it does seem a bit strange that they couldn't provide the stats on this diamond without referring a prospective buyer to a website or asking them to email. What is so hard about providing cut, clarity, color information in a response on Instagram?

Personally, if I'm looking to spend several thousand dollars and am expected to do the work to find this information that the seller could readily provide, I am taking my business elsewhere.

Agreed with all of the above.
I simply asked questions that, quite frankly, should be transparent. I’ve never seen a vendor NOT include the statistics of a diamond they are selling. The 4C’s are always listed, and made public. To inquire that BASIC info, and be directed to a website to get the answers is not normal practice.
The stone is different & unique, but that DOESN’T make it an antique.
I’d want more info, and proof of authenticity before touching it. Sorry, not sorry; I’m far too protective of my money.
If the vendor’s reputable, they should be more transparent in their advertising.

GlitterGal1234

Rough_Rock
Found an amazing vintage ring at the diamond expo. The EGL certificate was not with vendor at the venue, but they specified on the receipt a full refund if the certificate isn’t as they said. Can’t wait to officially get it and post once I confirm the certificate!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found an amazing vintage ring at the diamond expo. The EGL certificate was not with vendor at the venue, but they specified on the receipt a full refund if the certificate isn’t as they said. Can’t wait to officially get it and post once I confirm the certificate!
how exciting! Can’t wait to see what you’ve come across :appl:

GlitterGal1234

Rough_Rock
Here it is! One photo taken outside and one in terrible indoor lighting. Mid-century round diamond (L, SI2 but not noticeably included - just naturals near the edge) and natural untreated sapphires set in platinum! It’s being resized and my boyfriend has some secret proposal plan, so I don’t know when I’ll acrually be wearing it - but I couldn’t resist posting!!! It’s so sparkly, and faces up pretty white for an L!

02F505F4-261D-4AC8-835E-F9D3CF0E1C70.jpeg Two F29ACFB7-74DF-42A3-866A-1E18974F35DE.jpeg

Attachments

• 142A1764-E67B-47C0-AAAB-0A6DEACC2E70.jpeg
    142A1764-E67B-47C0-AAAB-0A6DEACC2E70.jpeg
    72.3 KB · Views: 17

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh I really like that round!!!! Very pretty!

I have a J and never see the color unless the lighting is just right and i see it from the side. I bet you will enjoy that beautiful diamond too!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! It looks like you’ve scored a larger stone and a very pretty one at that with generously sized sapphires. I would call that an upgrade from your original option! :clap:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! That is gorgeous and I like it better than the original ring you posted.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy moly she’s gorgeous :love: when you get her back full time, please post lots of closeups for us to enjoy. What a great find! What are her stats?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, THAT is a ring, beautiful!

GlitterGal1234

Rough_Rock
Holy moly she’s gorgeous :love: when you get her back full time, please post lots of closeups for us to enjoy. What a great find! What are her stats?

1.75 carat L SI2 (but eye-clean - and I could barely see the naturals with a loupe because of where they are near the girdle). It's maybe a bit of a spread cut, but when the vendor kindly took me outside into the sunlight it definitely did not seem to affect the fire or brilliance at all. It also looked good under terrible industrial lighting, so I'm not concerned.

I don't know the stats on the sapphires other than that they are natural and untreated. The setting is platinum.

I'm so excited!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.75 carat L SI2 (but eye-clean - and I could barely see the naturals with a loupe because of where they are near the girdle). It's maybe a bit of a spread cut, but when the vendor kindly took me outside into the sunlight it definitely did not seem to affect the fire or brilliance at all. It also looked good under terrible industrial lighting, so I'm not concerned.

I don't know the stats on the sapphires other than that they are natural and untreated. The setting is platinum.

I'm so excited!
you should be! What a gorgeous ring!:appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results