shape
carat
color
clarity

Rainbow sapphire bracelet project

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
It will be 16cms. I have small wrists.

The stones in the inspiration bracelet are each over 3 carats a piece. My stones are between 1 and 3ct. Hence the different spacing. Over 40ct total weight.

I will certainly be sprinkling some diamonds through it.

Will be taking it into the designer just before Christmas so expect CADs early Jan.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fun project! I really like the inspiration photos. The colors of your sapphires are great! Keep us updated.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I’m so excited for this!

Beagles

Shiny_Rock
Your stones are so gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing the finished bracelet!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow oh wow, I can’t wait to see this!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Your projects are all so exciting! Pls post lots of pics. How long do you think the bench will take?

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Now I look at it I feel like I need one more orange and one more green....

This bracelet is going to end up 20 inches long :roll:

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Your projects are all so exciting! Pls post lots of pics. How long do you think the bench will take?

The emerald bracelet was sent in to the designer in November. I think. And will not be done until end March. So these kind of projects do take some time.

It’s because every stone is totally different in size and colour so both the design process and the making of all the settings by hand takes a long time.

If I get the stones to the designer next week it’ll probably take two or three weeks for a drawing. Then maybe another 6 or so for a CAD. Then 6 weeks for the gold settings to be made and joined - it’s the joins which are the most tricky to ensure the bracelet flexes properly and is fluid on the wrist. Then maybe another month for setting the stones. This will probably be done by end June.

I love the process though and seeing each stage. Very satisfying.

But I have to have my “little” projects each month to keep me going while the big ones are in progress!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What an amazing project, your bracelet will be a knockout! I cannot wait to see it

Snow White

Rough_Rock
It will be amazingly beautiful! I can’t wait To see it on your arm .

Laurainthesky

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!!!! And each little stone has its own unique origin.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
OMG how am i so excited when it's not even my own project?! We can't wait to see! this is going to be phenomenal!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Now I look at it I feel like I need one more orange and one more green....

This bracelet is going to end up 20 inches long :roll:

Mmm, a necklace then? :kiss2:

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
This looks like it's going to be a fabulous culmination of the significant amount of time you've spent collecting these stones. And I'm sure you have arranged and re-arranged your stones a gazillion times and spent hours coming up with the arrangement you like. So feel free to completely ignore this thought.

I was wondering if you had tried swapping the very first stone (very light purple, almost white I think, hard to tell from the pictures) with the last stone (orange) as laid out in your last picture from today 2/25/21 at 7:24 am. I feel like the right end of the arrangement reads a little darker and the left end reads a little lighter and wonder if swapping those stones might balance that out. Just a thought. Can't wait to see the finished bracelet as it is going to be a stunner.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I can not wait to see this bracelet! It will be a piece of art! Also, I reminds me of the Bulgari multi color sapphire earrings I'm obsessed with.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I was wondering if you had tried swapping the very first stone (very light purple, almost white I think, hard to tell from the pictures) with the last stone (orange) as laid out in your last picture from today 2/25/21 at 7:24 am. I feel like the right end of the arrangement reads a little darker and the left end reads a little lighter and wonder if swapping those stones might balance that out. Just a thought. Can't wait to see the finished bracelet as it is going to be a stunner.

You are quite right I thought the same myself. The layout actually changes every time I get them out and add more stones!

Ultimately I will give these to my designer with some snapshots to give her the idea of what I’ve been playing with and she will come up with the final iteration. If it was left to me I’d still be moving stones around with tweezers in 2025 :lol:

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Shall follow & watch this thread very closely, how exciting :)

blingbae

Shiny_Rock
Wow! What a collection. Can’t wait for updates :love:

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the colors!

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
So pretty! I have been dreaming about this kind of bracelet for years, can't wait to see how yours turns out!

Last two. Probably.

E1AEC8DE-404C-4B9A-9F30-79A0AA4AC32C.jpeg EC9501F2-E713-43EF-94B6-832DC991FB1D.jpeg D02C1988-0A35-4C31-A514-E8AFB78ECE01.jpeg

Seriously, this bracelet project just keeps getting better and better. Can't wait to see what the final design will look like!! Have you given your jeweler the go ahead to start planning out the design?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results