shape
carat
color
clarity

Rainbow sapphire bracelet project

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess one of the good things about middle age is that I now wear what I want and everyone is too nervous of the scary, eccentric, peri-menopausal woman to criticise, even if they wanted to!

You go girl.
Wear them jewels EVERYWHERE.

Me wearing my Art Deco diamond bracelet while walking the dogs.
Lovely dogs.
- Thank you.
Oh my, are those diamonds?
- Yes.
And you’re just out walking dogs?
- Yes
:dance::dance::dance:

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Truly a once in a lifetime piece! The range of colours is amazing and wonderful. May you enjoy wearing it everyday, all the time! And yes, it goes with everything. I wouldn’t worry about matching as your wrist is far from your body, it doesn’t have to go with an outfit like a necklace does.

NexivRed

Shiny_Rock
Amazing. I have such a soft spot for the greens amongst it. The jeweller spaced them out great.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely exquisite! I love it. So special and unlike anything I have seen.
off topic sorry lonysis
but Nancewbl, i gotta say i love your avitar pic
is there a thread somewhere where you have talked about it yet ?

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
@Ionysis did you find a dress/outfit to go with your bracelet for your new year's party? Would love to see some wrist/arm shots of you have any.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I guess one of the good things about middle age is that I now wear what I want and everyone is too nervous of the scary, eccentric, peri-menopausal woman to criticise, even if they wanted to!

Yes! a bonus for making it to middle age. The bracelet is STUNNING. I love the diamond accents and the scattered pattern of single diamonds that come together to add interest. Just beautiful!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did - I wore jeans and a white silk shirt LoL! Everything goes with that!

ETA luckily we were only at a BBQ at the golf club so didn’t need to dress fancy.

i think that beautiful bracleete will take you from brunch at a beach side cafe to coctails on a really flash expensive night out at the best place in town !

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
i think that beautiful bracleete will take you from brunch at a beach side cafe to coctails on a really flash expensive night out at the best place in town !

Thank you. Just need the covid numbers to start going down so I can attempt to re-start my social life - otherwise I will only be wearing it for PCR tests and to the co-op!

boxbits

Shiny_Rock
Oh my god, Ionysis, your bracelet is absolutely beautiful! What an incredible piece! If I were you, I'd be wearing it all the time for any reason at all. Grocery shopping, picking up the dry cleaning, cleaning the bathroom, etc. I would not be able to take it off such a gorgeous thing. Enjoy it in good health!

Nancewbl

Rough_Rock
off topic sorry lonysis
but Nancewbl, i gotta say i love your avitar pic
is there a thread somewhere where you have talked about it yet ?

Yes, here is the thread I started about it. Thank you for the compliment and I dont want to distract from this most excellent bracelet.

Nancewbl

Rough_Rock
Could you share who made the setting as it is really beautiful work.

Thanks,

Nancy

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Im going to wear the hell out of it. I reckon it goes with denim right? As long as I’m in jeans I think I can get away with this. Jeans, plain shirt, block colours, anything other than patterns.

Obvs will be better when I sort out the matching earrings in the new year :) Got to be done.

Denim and jeans and silk. Classic!!!! It’s stunning. Congratulations - wear it in good health!

MjK1

Shiny_Rock

Oh WOW!! This is just stunning! I love your placement of the stones and colours. So happy to see it completed!! Did you wear it over the holidays?

Beagles

Shiny_Rock
I'm so late to this thread but wow, your completed bracelet and the journey to collect the sapphires is wonderful!!! Enjoy wearing it all the time!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Late to this thread also, but congrats! In this instance, a picture is worth more than a thousand words!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
So finally I’ve got round to the matching earrings.

I was going to do four stones on each ear but I thought it might be overkill as my lobes aren’t very big. So I’ve gone for three only.

The stones aren’t a perfect match, but that’s the way I like it. This was my sketch for the bench.

156ACDB6-B76D-4DA2-BFC9-2182491FAAC3.jpeg

Just got the CADs this morning.

D326E577-E249-4D24-902C-45FBE958395C.jpeg

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So nice to be able to revisit this thread and the amazing bracelet!

I think they are lovely. As a "student" of these stones, you may perceive that they are funkily mismatched but to my eye at first, I thought they were well-matched. So if you are going for a semi-matched look, I think they are perfect -- and I like the design, too. OTOH, if you were going for some artful or playful asymmetry, they may be too close...? Also, I do not have a good sense of scale so maybe put a dime or penny in there...? (The earring wearers in my family -- all female so far -- prefer "danglies." EDIT: that is false -- the youngest wears a lot of studs and whatever else catches her eye.)

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
That’s a good idea. When I get them from the bench I will put something in the photo for perspective.

They are close enough to pass as matched I think, in shape / size, given they are earrings. I was going for that “estate” vibe where things aren’t 100% perfect (as if they’ve just come off a mass production line) but instead have been put together by hand and one of a kind. Otherwise I could have just bought pairs of identical stones and spilt them.

Am hoping to pick them up next week.

I just bought a new work jacket in rainbow tweed and I want to wear them to work!

6F661AB1-3F82-4FEF-AA41-7CBDBA5017D3.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That’s a good idea. When I get them from the bench I will put something in the photo for perspective.

They are close enough to pass as matched I think, in shape / size, given they are earrings. I was going for that “estate” vibe where things aren’t 100% perfect (as if they’ve just come off a mass production line) but instead have been put together by hand and one of a kind. Otherwise I could have just bought pairs of identical stones and spilt them.

Am hoping to pick them up next week.

I just bought a new work jacket in rainbow tweed and I want to wear them to work!

6F661AB1-3F82-4FEF-AA41-7CBDBA5017D3.jpeg

would it be too much to hope some kind of a brooch is also in the works .......?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results