carat
color
clarity

Rain rain

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go away. I am sick of you already.

Anybody have rainy day activities to share?

Now that I don't feel comfortable inside away from our house we are limited.
Greg just suggested Monster golf which is indoor mini golf and a lot of fun.
But nope I had to nix that. Inside with other people not good.

It's pouring so no thanks to taking a walk. Very windy and very nasty outside.

I don't feel like playing a game or cards.

I don't feel like reading.

The cats are all played out right now thanks to me :lol:

Already completed all our chores and working out and now just want to go out and do something fun.
Choices are limited due to the pandemic and the weather.
I have also been awake since 2:30AM this morning and I am tired.
So that may be playing a role in my indecision.

Any suggestions?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll share some rainy day activities during the pandemic that I have done in the past if it can give anyone some ideas.

Organizing and cleaning out my closets. I always get distracted doing this and end up trying everything on and debating should I keep it or not LOL.

Reading a good book.

Listening to some great music.

Watching a scary movie. I love scary movies when it is stormy outside. Going to do this in the evening however. Too light out now haha.

Working out.
Dancing with my DH in the house.

Dancing with the kitties. :)

Chatting with friends via phone.

Hanging out on PS.
Drooling over IG bling.

Snacking. LOL.

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
It's snowing here. Trying to work and not succeeding.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I feel you. I am heading out just to get outside and get some fresh air. Going to pick up some toys for the kitties. Long story though you might remember why they have no toys right now. I'll email you. Good luck getting into the work mode. Maybe do an hour and then call it a day...early weekend start?

:)

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
The ginormous shawl I'm knitting is a testament to my frustration with this rainy weather.

I'm stretching out my usual chores and beauty rituals to fill the time but there's only so much moisturizing one can do!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I miss rain! Send it our way!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
I feel you. I am heading out just to get outside and get some fresh air. Going to pick up some toys for the kitties. Long story though you might remember why they have no toys right now. I'll email you. Good luck getting into the work mode. Maybe do an hour and then call it a day...early weekend start?

:)

Good suggestion--got a good chunk of my paper done last week then deflated entirely. I am glad the kitties can have toys again!! I will look for your email.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Can’t help you much. I don’t remember the last time we had rain :(

The only thing I can think of is to cook something yummy and time consuming that fills the house with delicious smells because cooking and eating are my favorite things to do.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I miss rain! Send it our way!

If I could I promise I would! I am doing a little rain dance just for you @nala!

Good suggestion--got a good chunk of my paper done last week then deflated entirely. I am glad the kitties can have toys again!! I will look for your email.

I sent it right after I posted. I am not 100% confident about the toys but we are taking the chance. Fingers crossed.

Can’t help you much. I don’t remember the last time we had rain :(

The only thing I can think of is to cook something yummy and time consuming that fills the house with delicious smells because cooking and eating are my favorite things to do.

Ooh that's a great suggestion. Thank you @jaysonsmom. And I can think of just what food I want to smell and eat. :lickout:

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
Genealogy research?
That kept me occupied for many months.
But I had big family secrets to uncover...

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Do you sew or knit? I have made stuff to donate to various organizations (pouches for Australian wildlife devastated by the fires last year, masks for a bunch of groups this year, scarves/hats for the homeless)....that definitely keeps me busy and does some good too!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm jealous of you, @missy ! Rain has been a rare occurrence here for many years. When it does rain, it is a BIG deal and everyone gets all dramatic about it. :) Even the lightest sprinkle brings about breaking news alerts, people posting about it all over social media, traffic accidents (people here can't drive even in drizzle!), etc.

Rain, fog, and overcast conditions were always my absolute favorite while growing up in the Midwest. I miss thunderstorms the most!!! It's all so cozy. Nowadays I just play my favorite rain and thunderstorm videos on Youtube and play pretend :lol:

Some rainy day ideas:

- Baking
- Explore the world via Google Earth
- Research possible vacation destinations
- Browse Atlas Obscura
- Learn a simple dance routine
- Check out various live webcams: Wildlife, my old college campus, zoos/aquariums, cool cities around the world, etc.
- Find a penpal or write letters to military personnel stationed overseas
- Follow a "How to draw [X]" video on Youtube
- Set up birdfeeders in your yard, watch the birdies come!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, I love to bake on a rainy day! Or get a big pot of corn chowder or veggie chili going on the stove.

Also love to watch old favorite movies and read old favorite books.

Also love to stretch out on the couch or the bed and take a late morning or early afternoon short nap while listening to the rain.

Also love to pull out stored-away memorabilia, and go through it all and remember things and then re-box it all and put away again for another rainy day.

Also love to do mini dance parties (especially fun when alone).

I love rainy days.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Do we have the same rain @missy ? Cold awful gale thing? I haven't been out all day. My heat just kicked in at 4pm today. It was so cold this morning. I was so bundled and covered in blankets that I only had 2 fingers out to type. I am wishing and sending this rain to all who needs or wants it. =)2

I haven't seen the sun all week! I guess on the bright side, it's washing away all the dog and horse poop.:roll2: And at least it's not snow or ice. Hmmm, wondering if I should move my mint plants from the windows now.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Send the rain here
its humid today and i had humidity as much as i hate being cold

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Raining here too and I can just never bring myself to curse it as it’s such a blessing to us in Oz. I’m curled up in bed, reading a book with a hot cuppa. Absolute bliss!

@missy
How about using the time to de-clutter cupboards? Tidy up filing papers, baking or cooking meals for the freezer? Have fun with your wardrobe - dress up session trying new combinations!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Turned to snow here too...and a week ago we didn't even need coat. With Covid, I may have to take up some of these rainy day activities to get through the winter.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Phew !I cleaned the windows today 16041253728421956264832.jpg
You know 3 hours ago i checked the forcast, then i put the washing on as there was no rain forcast
Hmmmm
now that its hung out on the line the Met service is saying thunder storns tonight
i would hate to be a farmer or a fisherman and be reliant on those forecasts :oops:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Should this not be in the Vent thread?! :lol-2:

Joking aside, yup, miserable weather across the pond too!

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To clear things up I LOVE the rain. Just not 5 days in a row.
Call me silly but I enjoy having some sun and dry weather in there too so we can cycle and just be outdoors without being wet and cold. :)

So yeah I love:
Walking in the rain
Especially on the beach hearing the waves roar in the ocean as the rain comes down.
Driving in the rain
Hearing the rain go pitter patter on the roof
Being comfy cozy by a warm fire as the torrential downpours are happening
Snuggling with our kitties inside and safe and dry and comfy
Watching a scary movie with my sweetie as the rain comes down in the dark night

All that good stuff.

And YAY! Finally the sun has come out. Made it's first appearance in 12? days yesterday at 3PM woohoo!
Don't get me wrong. It's not all roses and daisies. It's in the 30s F here. So it is COLD. Winter has arrived. A month and a half early. But that's OK. It is going to be sunny today and that brings me much joy and excitement.

Some still pics from a video I took during the storm yesterday. Doesn't convey the strength but best I could do.

Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 5.14.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 5.14.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 5.13.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 5.13.32 AM.png

And then suddenly it stopped after all those stormy days and the sun appeared. And it was wondrous. Except for all the seaweed that was now on our deck lol.

Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 5.15.06 AM.png

Hope everyone has a happy and safe (and dry) Halloween.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Send the rain here
its humid today and i had humidity as much as i hate being cold

Phew !I cleaned the windows today 16041253728421956264832.jpg
You know 3 hours ago i checked the forcast, then i put the washing on as there was no rain forcast
Hmmmm
now that its hung out on the line the Met service is saying thunder storns tonight
i would hate to be a farmer or a fisherman and be reliant on those forecasts :oops:

OK! Glad my little rain dance is working for you @Daisys and Diamonds and your rain wish might be coming true ;-)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Turned to snow here too...and a week ago we didn't even need coat. With Covid, I may have to take up some of these rainy day activities to get through the winter.

Yeah it went from 70s here to 30s seemingly overnight. I wore my winter coat here yesterday for the first time since last winter. The cold weather got here way too fast as far as I am concerned but I am prepared. Winter boots, winter coats and all that good warm stuff. Stay warm and enjoy some rainy/snowy day activities.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Should this not be in the Vent thread?! :lol-2:

Joking aside, yup, miserable weather across the pond too!

DK :))

Yeah I have spoken with my friends in the UK and it seems the wet cold weather is many places. Hope you are keeping busy and involved in something enjoyable.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Raining here too and I can just never bring myself to curse it as it’s such a blessing to us in Oz. I’m curled up in bed, reading a book with a hot cuppa. Absolute bliss!

@missy
How about using the time to de-clutter cupboards? Tidy up filing papers, baking or cooking meals for the freezer? Have fun with your wardrobe - dress up session trying new combinations!

I wish I had more motivation. I have been so lacking in energy to do things I know need to be done. I am embarrassed to admit this but I bought new sweaters (and coats) just because I didn't have the energy to look for sweaters and stuff I already have. Yah not proud of that. But what is done is done and yes I must do more organizing though the cupboards are Greg's area. I need to finish going through all my closets and drawers and get rid of things I don't wear anymore and find things I can wear that are missing.

Glad you enjoyed a nice hot cuppa and a good book. That is bliss on a rainy day if one is in the mood! And if it hadn't been raining here for a week straight I wouldn't have been sick of the rain. I love a good rainy day. One. Mixed in with lots of sunny bright days. LOL if we only could choose :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do we have the same rain @missy ? Cold awful gale thing? I haven't been out all day. My heat just kicked in at 4pm today. It was so cold this morning. I was so bundled and covered in blankets that I only had 2 fingers out to type. I am wishing and sending this rain to all who needs or wants it. =)2

I haven't seen the sun all week! I guess on the bright side, it's washing away all the dog and horse poop.:roll2: And at least it's not snow or ice. Hmmm, wondering if I should move my mint plants from the windows now.

Oh yes. The winds are strong. 40/50 mph winds. We lost power momentarily as we always do when it rains with winds here. It's why we got a generator as we lose power on an almost weekly basis. It's crazy. And yes so cold. When we went out yesterday I wore a winter coat for the first time since last winter and I was still a bit cold. LOL. And yes may everyone who wants and hopes for rain get their wish to come true. I am doing a rain dance for everyone who needs some rain!

FWIW I have had the heat on here since the rainy weather started this past Monday. I keep it very warm in here as I cannot tolerate the cold anymore. Probably due to my low thyroid but it's 83 in here right now. LOL don't judge me please. The rain brought the cold but I am thankful it didn't bring snow! Not ready for that yet though my snow boots are ready and able. And I have been wearing them through the rain :)

Here are the snow boots that I have been wearing as rain boots all week. The red cheery color brightens up my day so I thought why not?

Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 5.27.15 AM.png

With my autumn leggings. The leaves are all falling and with the rain it is a wet mess. But pretty too.

Stay warm @dizzyakira and I am sending you big warm hugs. And may your heat be on as much as you want it to!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, I love to bake on a rainy day! Or get a big pot of corn chowder or veggie chili going on the stove.

Also love to watch old favorite movies and read old favorite books.

Also love to stretch out on the couch or the bed and take a late morning or early afternoon short nap while listening to the rain.

Also love to pull out stored-away memorabilia, and go through it all and remember things and then re-box it all and put away again for another rainy day.

Also love to do mini dance parties (especially fun when alone).

I love rainy days.

Yum, that all sounds delicious. And me too. I love rainy days. In moderation. One or two in a row at most would suit me best. I crave bright sunny days and when there is too many dark rainy days in a row I feel blue. Hope you get as many rainy days as your heart desires and enjoy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm jealous of you, @missy ! Rain has been a rare occurrence here for many years. When it does rain, it is a BIG deal and everyone gets all dramatic about it. :) Even the lightest sprinkle brings about breaking news alerts, people posting about it all over social media, traffic accidents (people here can't drive even in drizzle!), etc.

Rain, fog, and overcast conditions were always my absolute favorite while growing up in the Midwest. I miss thunderstorms the most!!! It's all so cozy. Nowadays I just play my favorite rain and thunderstorm videos on Youtube and play pretend :lol:

Some rainy day ideas:

- Baking
- Explore the world via Google Earth
- Research possible vacation destinations
- Browse Atlas Obscura
- Learn a simple dance routine
- Check out various live webcams: Wildlife, my old college campus, zoos/aquariums, cool cities around the world, etc.
- Find a penpal or write letters to military personnel stationed overseas
- Follow a "How to draw [X]" video on Youtube
- Set up birdfeeders in your yard, watch the birdies come!

Aww hi @KristyDarling, don't be jealous. When this pandemic is over you and @LLJsmom will visit and we will enjoy many rainy days here I am sure. It rains here more than I would like but I do appreciate if it didn't rain at all I would miss it. So would Greg. We love the change of seasons and the different flavors of each. Just too much rain and no sun for many days makes me feel a bit blue. I love the sun. It cheers me up. But I do appreciate we need rain and it is also a nice change sometimes. I hope you get the rain you crave. XO.

One amazing experience here when it rains and being by the sea are the dramatic changes in the ocean when it storms. It's beautiful and breathtaking and scary all at once. Greg enjoys it immensely and if I let myself not be scared I enjoy it too. I am holding my breath we don't lose power when it storms that intensely but it is a thing of beauty watching storms on the ocean. Truly breathtaking.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Genealogy research?
That kept me occupied for many months.
But I had big family secrets to uncover...

Ooh please share if you are willing. I love a good mystery and exciting adventures.
That definitely would keep one busy. I hope you found wonderful family members with whom you can build lifetime relationships Sally.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you sew or knit? I have made stuff to donate to various organizations (pouches for Australian wildlife devastated by the fires last year, masks for a bunch of groups this year, scarves/hats for the homeless)....that definitely keeps me busy and does some good too!

I don't. Greg does. Haha what doesn't he do. How wonderful you give back in that way @yennyfire. Sweet. If it weren't for the pandemic I would continue my rescue work with animals though we are kept pretty busy with our ferals so we are doing that and it does keep us occupied. It's always something with the ferals and/or our kitties. And we have tripled our donations to the rescue groups so that is our way of giving back until we can do something more up close and personal. I love that you are making all those items for people and animals in need. You're a wonderful person @yennyfire. (((Hugs))).

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pets went into the garden, and swiftly came back inside.

I don't mind the cold or even snow (until it melts and makes a mess), however, the wet stuff is not nice.

DK :roll2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results