shape
carat
color
clarity

Ragdoll "parents" -- this thread''s for you! Brag and post photos here!

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
OMG sap, that picture is FANTASTIC.
36.gif
36.gif
We like to dress Coltrane up too, and he usually looks about as happy about it as poor Squeaky (see below, hanging his head in shame).
9.gif

And Prudential, what a beautiful new baby! I know their eyes can be so hard to catch in photos, but she looks stunning!

PoorBeeColtrane.jpg

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, AG...it''s nice to be ready for one, too. It is definitely time.

I did find a rescue called Spunky''s Rescue Ranch in Lincoln, and it appears she has some MC''s and Ragdolls. She has a MC listed on Petfinder:

"He is a large, beautiful Maine Coon mix who was given up by his owner when she moved out of state. Pictures will be posted soon. He is buff and white, with a huge white ruff around his neck, ear tufts and tips, and tufts between his toes. Skeeter is somewhat vocal, but we think he''s just telling us how much he yearns for his own home and a mom or dad to love him. "

He is declawed, which I wouldn''t do myself, but I am open to adopting a declawed cat. Unfortunately, she is leaving for L.A. as her father is ill, so I''ll have to wait for her to get back. Unfortunately, she''s in such a rush there are no pictures, but maybe no one else will get to see him before I do! Ha ha!

DH is in NO hurry for me to get a furbabym but he knows it''s inevitable and has accepted it! I only have to work until the 19th, so I''m hoping to get one while I''m on my Winter Break...I''ll have until the beginning of January to get to know a new kitty!

I''m off to check out the link you sent over...thanks so much for your help!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Harleigh - glad you found at least one prospect. Do take a look at that site as well, and let me know what you think - last I checked they had a really pretty bicolor seal-point Raggie boy
30.gif

That other MC sounds like a lover too though - I''m sure whatever kitty you end up with you will bond beautifully with over the break
1.gif

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/8/2008 11:04:55 PM
Author: BigDiamonds
36.gif
36.gif
We like to dress Coltrane up too, and he usually looks about as happy about it as poor Squeaky (see below, hanging his head in shame).
9.gif

And Prudential, what a beautiful new baby! I know their eyes can be so hard to catch in photos, but she looks stunning!
I've just spent a better part of 2 days looking at this entire thread and I have to say I WANT A RAGGIE!! LOL I have a gorgeous seal-point siamese (who is definitely a lap cat and a cuddler and the love of my life!! I would love to show him to you, if it's okay? He looks like a lot of the seal point raggies, just short haired
38.gif
) and a very adorable shorthair (who was rescued as a baby and had taken a LONG time to stop being so scared, but he's doing awesome now!)...so another kitty is NOT an option, but one day! :)

Anyway, I've been wanting to ask: where in the world do you get these costumes for the cats?? I mainly ask because last year I found the CUTEST sweater...but it was for a dog. Well, I got it anyway...and when I put it on my cats, the leg position was ALL wrong. It's like, cats' paws are a little farther forward than a dogs, so it didn't fit. And I've never seen anything specifically for a cat. PLEEEEEEEASE share??!! I'm not really looking for a costume as much as a shirt or sweater!! It'd be ADORABLE! :)

I LOOOVE these photos and I LOVE seeing them as they've grown up!!!

Also, BD, what color raggie is Coltraine?

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/8/2008 6:38:01 PM
Author: MissPrudential
Another picture... her eyes are impossible to capture. They''re a vivid blue and never come out in photos.
Miss Pru, I LOOOVE your new kitty!! What kind is she? I mean, what are her points?? She''s to die for! I absolutely love her!! Have you decided on a name yet?? I know someone else on PS tested out names with their new kitty just by calling to them saying various names, and on the one where he actually came, that was his name!! You could try that?! :) Let us know what you decide!!

Also, where did you get her? From a breeder, or a rescue...or elsewhere? :)

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2008 4:25:21 PM
Author: newsboysgrl777

36.gif
36.gif
9.gif

I''ve just spent a better part of 2 days looking at this entire thread and I have to say I WANT A RAGGIE!! LOL I have a gorgeous seal-point siamese (who is definitely a lap cat and a cuddler and the love of my life!! I would love to show him to you, if it''s okay? He looks like a lot of the seal point raggies, just short haired
38.gif
) and a very adorable shorthair (who was rescued as a baby and had taken a LONG time to stop being so scared, but he''s doing awesome now!)...so another kitty is NOT an option, but one day! :)

Anyway, I''ve been wanting to ask: where in the world do you get these costumes for the cats?? I mainly ask because last year I found the CUTEST sweater...but it was for a dog. Well, I got it anyway...and when I put it on my cats, the leg position was ALL wrong. It''s like, cats'' paws are a little farther forward than a dogs, so it didn''t fit. And I''ve never seen anything specifically for a cat. PLEEEEEEEASE share??!! I''m not really looking for a costume as much as a shirt or sweater!! It''d be ADORABLE! :)

I LOOOVE these photos and I LOVE seeing them as they''ve grown up!!!

Also, BD, what color raggie is Coltraine?

newsboysgrl777,
Welcome to our thread! Absolutely it''s OK to show us some pictures of your beautiful Siamese baby! We have a few other beloved "honorary" Raggies here, too!
30.gif
I''m really partial to Siamese, too... my first cat (as an adult) was a beautiful seal-point Siamese we named Suki. She was the love of our loves, too. Now we have Boo, our Raggie... hmmmm, I''m seeing a common denominator here... dark ears and tail -- and blue eyes!!! OH, I love them!!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Lynn - we''d LOVE to see pics of your Siamese (and your other!) kitty here - we adore Raggies, but really, we are all softies for pretty much all kitties
30.gif
9.gif

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
Aww...thank you!! Well, I'll post just a few. :) Unfortunately, I had to reformat my computer a few months ago and still haven't gotten around to putting *any* pictures back onto it, so since I actually posted a couple of photos on another thread awhile back, I'll just copy and paste them here!

This is my Siamese DeLorean (nicknamed Little Bear, Bear, and Bear Claw. I also call him "snip snap" "little snip" and "shoo shoo" sometimes, and I don't know why! The names just come up with themselves!! LOL) He turned 7 in April and he is a complete and total mush and such a sweetie! We cuddle a lot and he even snuggles with me under the covers!! I had never had a cat who would do such a thing! Definitely a lap cat (and more!) :) Anyway, he was 22 pounds for awhile. A DEFINITE mistake. It happened because I didn't know you should introduce an addition slowly, so he got territorial and ate from his auto-feeder way too much. By the time I realized, it was 'too late.'
7.gif
NOW, however, he's been at 19 pounds for about a year or so! :) (Still too high; but better)

And without further ado...

dellydo.jpg

He was 'posing' on a mattress a few years ago that was next to a wall. I would estimate that he was probably around 5ish.

A great close-up of his blues!! (Usually I get red eye with him..so this was an awesome 'accident!')
beautifulblues.jpg

He actually SITS sometimes. Do any of your cats do this?? He does it quite often, actually, when cleaning. I have a feeling it's because he can't reach *blush*
Deloreansitting4.jpg

This is Bouncer (aka Bounce, Bouncy, Bounce-house, Bow-Bow, and whatever the name of the moment is. LOL) He is a sweetheart and SO smart!! He was found abandoned, so his previous owner says, so he was very skittish and not very social in the beginning. He's definitely a lot better when company comes over now, and he definitely loves his mom (and I love him!!) :) He's not a lap cat at all. As a matter of fact, if I want to pet him, he can't sit still while I do it..it's like he needs to move around to make sure my hand is petting 'the right spots.' LOL! Anyway, when I first got him, a vet estimated him to be at 2 years of age, so that would put him at 8 years old right now. He hovers between 11 and 11.25 pounds.

These 2 pictures of him are when he was probably around 6 years old.

awwbounce.jpg

brighteyes2.jpg

I know he looks very young and very tiny here, but I think it's just the angle and that he's partially hidden. This was probably more like when he was 5ish!
bouncetree1.jpg

And a picture I took of them about 10 minutes ago!! :) They were actually laying together! A rare treat :) Unfortunately, 2 of them are blurry because I had it on night mode by accident, and then my camera battery died :|
dec%2010%2008_1b.jpg

And this is a cheater pic. I posed them. LOL! I was lucky I could even get one shot off before they moved!
dec%2010%2008_3b.jpg

I wish I could get a pic of Bouncer's long belly hair, but my dig camera just died
7.gif
It's one thing I love about him..unfortunately he doesn't like it touched. *POUT*

dec%2010%2008_5b.jpg

Thank you for putting up with me, guys!!! :) Love seeing your furbabies!! Can't wait to see more! :)

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH! Wonderful pictures!!! Your Bouncer is very good-looking! Looks like my DD''s wonderful kitty, Buster. He has long belly fur, too, and it''s just right for mooshing and squoooshing!
30.gif
And DeLorean is VERY handsome, as well! Thanks for sharing pictures of both of your beautiful babies!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful pics guys! This thread is the best!

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing pics of your babies newsboysgrl777! They are both gorgeous.
30.gif
And as Lynn and AG said, we love all kitties here, especially if they''re as cute and cuddly as yours!
31.gif

Coltrane''s costumes are actually dog costumes. The bumble bee is the first one that had arm holes, and it seemed to fit him fine. I''ve never tried a sweater or shirt on him, so I don''t know how those would fit. You may just need to try a few different brands - I have a friend with little rat terrier who has the broadest chest imaginable, so the arm holes always end up too far forward on her. I think she finally found a brand that fit, but it took some experimenting. I think Petsmart has a pretty generous return policy, so you could buy a few and try them out.
1.gif

To answer your question about his color, Coltrane is a blue mitted, which is basically the same as a colorpoint but with little white feeties. Here is a picture where you can see his body color, eye color, and little mitts pretty well.

Welcome to raggie-land!
9.gif

ColtraneChairPose.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG I love the pictures of Bouncer and his buddy - both kitties are so incredibly beautiful
30.gif
30.gif

Too funny about "posing" them for that cuddle picture - I can just see that one on LOLcats - the caption would be something like "wha?Huh?I don''t think I had that much to drink last night..."
3.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2008 2:26:14 PM
30.gif
And as Lynn and AG said, we love all kitties here, especially if they''re as cute and cuddly as yours!
31.gif

Coltrane''s costumes are actually dog costumes. The bumble bee is the first one that had arm holes, and it seemed to fit him fine. I''ve never tried a sweater or shirt on him, so I don''t know how those would fit. You may just need to try a few different brands - I have a friend with little rat terrier who has the broadest chest imaginable, so the arm holes always end up too far forward on her. I think she finally found a brand that fit, but it took some experimenting. I think Petsmart has a pretty generous return policy, so you could buy a few and try them out.
1.gif

To answer your question about his color, Coltrane is a blue mitted, which is basically the same as a colorpoint but with little white feeties. Here is a picture where you can see his body color, eye color, and little mitts pretty well.

Welcome to raggie-land!
9.gif

OMG BD - that picture is SO GORGEOUS
30.gif
30.gif
I must admit I think the blue points are just stunning, and Coltrane is a particularly beautiful example - just look at that handsome boy!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Oh thank you AG! We think he''s pretty cute too.
2.gif
FI calls him "Handsome" all the time like it''s his name. He''s even starting answering to it!
20.gif
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2008 2:16:53 PM
2.gif
FI calls him ''Handsome'' all the time like it''s his name. He''s even starting answering to it!
20.gif
9.gif

LOL - my DH does the same thing only not as flattering - Ollie will come to him for "stupid." While I love my ragdoll-wannabe boy dearly, I have to admit, DH kind of has a point on that one...
3.gif

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/14/2008 10:32:57 PM
Author: AmberGretchen

2.gif
FI calls him ''Handsome'' all the time like it''s his name. He''s even starting answering to it!
20.gif
9.gif

LOL - my DH does the same thing only not as flattering - Ollie will come to him for ''stupid.'' While I love my ragdoll-wannabe boy dearly, I have to admit, DH kind of has a point on that one...
3.gif
Oh no! LOL. Poor Ollie.
39.gif
I guess it''s a good thing he''s so darn good-looking, huh?
2.gif

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2008 2:26:14 PM
30.gif
31.gif

1.gif

Welcome to raggie-land!
9.gif
BigDiamonds, Coltrane is absolutely gorgeous! I just want to smother him with kisses! His bumble bee costume was priceless btw! I just love dressing the kitties up!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
9.gif
HOLY CR@P that is the funniest and cutest thing EVER!!!! Little kitty bee!!! I''m in love.
30.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2008 10:07:21 PM
Date: 12/14/2008 10:32:57 PM

Author: AmberGretchen

2.gif
20.gif
9.gif

LOL - my DH does the same thing only not as flattering - Ollie will come to him for ''stupid.'' While I love my ragdoll-wannabe boy dearly, I have to admit, DH kind of has a point on that one...
3.gif

Oh no! LOL. Poor Ollie.
39.gif
I guess it''s a good thing he''s so darn good-looking, huh?
2.gif

Haha - don''t feel too sorry for him, he doesn''t suffer at all in this house (except for occasional excessive snuggling when we''re overcome by his cuteness
3.gif
)

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s some Christmas pics of Chili Pepper the kitty from Toronto who found a new home with a member of my staff.

Chili''s new daddies -- Daniel & Jon

christmas (2).jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heyyyyy, that bulb matches my eyes!

lightbulb-2 (2).jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
the tree is MINE, the ornaments are MINE, the gifts are alllll MIIIIINE

Gift-3 (2).JPG

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh Matata!!! THANK YOU so much for the pictures of Chili and his new family! Please give Daniel and Jon my best. Chili is so beautiful, and he looks so happy, healthy (and spoiled!)
36.gif
Just like a kitty ought to be!

You made my day, and I am smiling from ear-to-ear! I am just so happy with how this whole story turned out!
16.gif

We do GOOD WORK, girlfriend!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ditto to everything Lynn said - so happy to see this holiday update on the handsome Mr. Chili - he just looks so gorgeous and adored, and so happy in his wonderful new home
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock

OK, I've got a new favorite picture of Boo!!!

30.gif

Here's the story: we are in the middle of The. Huge. Kitchen. Remodel

23.gif
, and the old kitchen is gutted and gone, along with the old floor covering and underlayment. There is a hole in the floor where the old sink plumbing was, and you can actually look down into the basement through the hole. Boo is fixated on that hole. I don't know WHAT he expects to come out of there???! He will crouch over it FOR HOURS, like he's on Super Mouse sentry duty!

Today my husband was working in the basement and looked up, and this is what he saw!!!

(ETA: That would be SAWDUST on his nose!!!)

Mouser_Boo.jpg

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
aww...what a sweet update on Chili.
12.gif
I''m so glad he found such a good home! Good work Lynn and Matata!
36.gif

And Lynn, what an AWESOME picture of Boo!! Too cute!
30.gif
30.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahhhhh, they are all so cute!!!!
30.gif
Love the pics
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG Lynn - that picture is TOO FUNNY! ROFL I love how he looks all confused too
30.gif
9.gif

disneybride

Shiny_Rock
My 1/8 part ragdoll Gus wanted to pop in and wish all you purebred raggies a very merry christmas and happy holiday!

1110082331.jpg

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
9.gif
Thank you Gus! A merry Christmas to you too!
12.gif
I hope you get lots of belly rubs.
3.gif
2.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results