shape
carat
color
clarity

Ragdoll "parents" -- this thread''s for you! Brag and post photos here!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Ms. Lorelei
9.gif
Ollie says *purr**purr* and *headbonk*
9.gif

Here he is being playful...

playingwscratcher99.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Here he is crouching on his claw sharpener...

crouchingonscratcher12.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And here he goes contemplating his own tuftitude...

contemplatingfeet13.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I hope no one''s getting sick of Mr. Ollie yet ''cause we''ve got a few to go yet...

oncouchback14.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I adore his little face that still doesn''t look grown up...

cuteblurryface15.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
In his full glory, dominating the back of the couch...

fullcatoncouch16.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HUH???? SICK OF OLLIE PICS????? Never Miss Amber! And more tufty feetie pics would be most acceptable also please.
16.gif

fullsprawl17.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And fully sprawled out on the floor...

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei - check out the tufties in that last shot - you have to look kind of closely, but its worth it
9.gif

I think this one is DARLING - he''s so not fierce
3.gif

attacktummystripe18.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Almost done - one more of the gorgeous blue eyes...

beautifulbluesbetter19.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And a final silly one - I''m really hoping someone can make a holiday avatar out of this - I posted it in the Holiday avatars thread, and I think its just adorable and ridiculous all at the same time
30.gif
9.gif

cuteoncouch21.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2008 3:38:31 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Lorelei - check out the tufties in that last shot - you have to look kind of closely, but its worth it
9.gif

I think this one is DARLING - he''s so not fierce
3.gif
Oh most DEFINITELY!!!! LOL!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
31.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OHMY, OHMY, OHMY!!!!
23.gif
30.gif
36.gif
23.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Thanks for the new photos, AG!!!

He is soooooooooooooooo gorgeous!!! He is getting all grown up, his color has come in so beautifully, but in his face he still looks like a sweet little baby... OHMY!!!! I love every picture, I have scrolled through them all several times! SOOOOOOO adorable!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

The last photo is adorable. precious and TIMELESS! One of my favorite pics ever, ever, ever! That oughtta be on the cover of Cat Fancy magazine! I''m tellin'' ya, there''s $$$ in that photo somewhere!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

I''m going back for another look!!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2008 3:29:42 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
and a close up of his adorable little face
30.gif

cutefaceclose77.jpg
Look at the resemblance between Ollie and Boo, AG!!!

MyBoo4.jpg

They are long-lost "cuzzins"!!! I swear!
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Puh-leeeez, you don't even have to look closely in those last shots to find the tufties - it's the first thing I noticed!!!!! He is such a handsome boy! I want to smoosh him. He looks completely smooshable, preferably done with my face in his fur.
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Lynn - I know isn''t the resemblance astonishing. I still come across photos of Boo sometimes and think that its Ollie
23.gif

I love his little baby face too - we tease him about it all the time, because its so funny looking on his giant furry self, but its really adorable too
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hehe - FG, he is EXTREMELY smooshable - I do it often. Irritates my allergies (and Mr. Ollie) every time, but so worth it
27.gif
31.gif
30.gif
You''re welcome to come over and try the smooshiness for yourself anytime
2.gif

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
LynnB had invited me a while ago to post a picture of Squeaky on here even though he''s a Himalyan and not a Ragdoll. I finally got around to uploading some of the pictures from my camera. So here''s a picture of Squeaky in his Halloween costume giving me a dirty look.

P.S. I love looking at all of the pictures of your babies.

squeaky1.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG sap - that picture is HILARIOUS - I love that expression!! What a gorgeous baby
30.gif

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
New kitty... name still to be determined. I''m thinking Eliose but have considered Bingham and Brighton. Any suggestions?

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man...I KNEW I shouldn''t come in here. I''ve stayed out forever, but got weak today. Drat.

The DH and I want a kitty, but it just isn''t the right time. Sigh. And of course HE loves the Russian Blue and I want a seal point Birman. But a Ragdoll would be just peachy too. (It''s those white feet. Just too darn cute!!) I''m sure whatever we end up with, our big black lab, Duke, will love him/her/them too.

OK...back to wistfully looking.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG Prudential - what a gorgeous baby
30.gif
30.gif
We definitely need more pictures!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
AG, your kitty is too cute for words! Love all the pics! hehe

Miss P, what a beautiful cat, like a snowball!

Sap, tooo cute!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, these pictures are just too precious!

I have decided that it is time to get a new furbaby myself...I am still partial to the Maine Coon''s, but these ragdolls are simply gorgeous! I am hoping to find a rescue kitty at one of the local shelters up here nere Sacramento, but it doesn''t appear that they get too many of these breeds in very often. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Thanks for sharing all of your furbabies with us, ladies...love them!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh oh oh!!! LOVE, LOVE LOVE all the new photos! Thanks everyone! This thread just gets better and better!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Another picture... her eyes are impossible to capture. They''re a vivid blue and never come out in photos.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2008 6:13:02 PM
Author: Harleigh

I have decided that it is time to get a new furbaby myself...I am still partial to the Maine Coon's, but these ragdolls are simply gorgeous! I am hoping to find a rescue kitty at one of the local shelters up here nere Sacramento, but it doesn't appear that they get too many of these breeds in very often. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Harleigh,

MCs are amazing cats - no doubt about it. The other "gentle giant" of the feline world (besides Raggies!) Friends of ours have two MCs, and they are wonderful. Just one piece of information that may be important to you. Our friend's cats' fur MATS. Baaaaaad. Those poor cats are always going around with 6 or 8 HUGE honkin' mats in their fur at any given time. They are not neglected, either!
2.gif
Grooming, brushing and combing cannot seem to prevent it. Raggies, on the other hand, are very UNLIKELY to get mats - their medium-long fur is very silky and easy to care for, and in general, does not mat. That's one big plus for a lot of people.

Anyway, you can't go wrong with either breed, and oh, a rescue would be wonderful! Here's a link to a Ragdoll rescue forum, you could keep an eye turned there and see what pops up! That's where I found out about Chili Pepper and Matata's friend took him - and that was a match made in heaven! (BTW, it's not entirely raggies, but mostly!)

Ragdoll Rescue

I know some people have found Ragdolls needing new homes on Petfinder, too.

Annnnnnnd -- I know of two WONDERFUL retired (female) breeder cats here in PA (one of them being Boo's mama!) who are going to be rehomed... if you are interested I could give you more information!

Lynn

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Lynn,

You are so sweet! My one and only cat who has been gone for just over a year was a Maine Coon, and I adored him for over 11 years, but he had been known to get the occasional mat or two, but I did shave him every summer and it worked out pretty well, but you''re right, they are a big fat pain, for me and for him!

Because of him I am partial to the breed, but I must admit I am fascinated by the Ragdoll''s simply from what I have seen here on PS! I honestly don''t know anyone with one, but their similarities to the MC''s appears to be very close.

Thanks so much for the link...I will check it out tonight. I have been looking on Petfinder, but I am in Northern California and several I have found on there are rescues and shelters sometimes 6-10 hours away, and that just seems like a long way to go to look at one animal and then not fit with it. I know my DH won''t go traipsing around looking for one with me, but my sweet brother will...he said that he will pay the rescue kitty fees as my birthday present (from way back in July) just to ensure I actually get another one as he knows DH is not the biggest cat lover, but I am just ready and would like to find a new kitty to love soon.

Your friends'' cats sound lovely...not sure how that would work from PA to CA, though!
2.gif

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
OMG....i just spend an hour looking through all the AMAZING kitty pictures in this thread.

I LUV kitties and had just wild ones growing up, but my half-siblings had a MC that I adored. I have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel that is my heart now, but I want a kitty too!

Ugh, BF is NOT a cat person and little Winston doesn''t know what to think of the few he has seen...mainly he barks at them....boo!

I think a big Ragdoll or MC would would put my little puppy in his place and they would be great friends. Hoping that I''ll get a kitty next year for christmas!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2008 6:13:02 PM
Author: Harleigh

I have decided that it is time to get a new furbaby myself...I am still partial to the Maine Coon''s, but these ragdolls are simply gorgeous! I am hoping to find a rescue kitty at one of the local shelters up here nere Sacramento, but it doesn''t appear that they get too many of these breeds in very often. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Harleigh honey - so glad to see you on here and to hear that you feel healed enough to welcome a new furbaby into your life - I''m sure whatever kitty you end up with will be extremely loved and treasured
1.gif

Up near Sacramento, I don''t know if you''ve seen their website, but Purebreds Plus rescue is not too far from you and they seem to get in new Raggies on a fairly regular basis - definitely worth checking out!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results