shape
carat
color
clarity

Question: would you wear this as a daily or not?

joey_v

Shiny_Rock
Quick question… just to get a feel, would you feel comfortable to wear this as a daily or not? It will be on a solitaire setting. Wife is 5’. Very casual and not flashy lady.

6.75 D VS2

First pic on my hand.
Second pic against 1.5 J ACA RB
Third pic, hot glued to an Etsy band just to get a feel

F8C85AD5-9EA1-4191-94A9-D0086370E909.jpeg

Attachments

• E06B8C27-08C0-42E2-9589-B6772385C4ED.jpeg
    E06B8C27-08C0-42E2-9589-B6772385C4ED.jpeg
    167.3 KB · Views: 245
  • 422C1D5A-668A-417B-898B-3C422F84070D.jpeg
    422C1D5A-668A-417B-898B-3C422F84070D.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 246

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Personally, no, I would not. I would not want the attention that it would draw, which can also be dangerous sometimes. And if you're getting it for someone who has a casual style, it may not fit in with that either. Then again, I'm sure plenty of ladies would love to wear something like that daily so jmho.

Have you considered asking her about her preferences? Surprises are fun but when it's expensive, personally I'd much rather be consulted. Good luck with it!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Do you live in a flashier environment where stones like this or a little smaller are the norm?

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
Although it’s an amazing gesture to want to give your wife such a beautiful diamond,I would be uncomfortable wearing one of that size. Especially if she is casual, 5’ tall and not flashy, a smaller size may be the better direction.

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
I saw your other thread on purchasing the upgrade stones! Your wife is such a lucky lady.

Personally I wouldn't find myself able to wear the oval as an everyday ring, as I live in Europe and the largest diamonds on rings I see when out and about in the city are around half carat, if any (which is hard on me as I'd love to see more rocks lol). It would be lovely however for events - opening nights, opera etc.

But I'm guessing your locale differs so my experience likely isn't much use to you. Context is everything when it comes to bling size. Do you see many large diamonds in your area/communities? How does this size compare to what is the "norm"? If it's just a bit bigger than average, I think it could work out.

On an unrelated note, your 1.5ct original ring is gorgeous! I love an elegant fishtail setting and the size would attract much attention here. 8) Will you be keeping it?

joey_v

Shiny_Rock
Yes we will be keeping the original round

joey_v

Shiny_Rock
Regarding locale, we live in a middle class or upper middle class area. Maybe avg income $110,000/yr.

And no, I’ve never seen anyone with remotely anything this large, but it was never meant to be average.

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
I probably wouldn't wear it daily. I have a few labs that I alternate now, and I don't wear the biggest one as often as the others. Even though I don't have a very active lifestyle, I somehow manage to hit my rings on things constantly, so I wear lower profile rings for every day and the larger ones when we go out to dinner.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
No definitely wouldn’t wear that as a daily ring. I have a 2.2 lab oval “fun ring” and that gets in the way sometimes. This is just overkill. I’d be worried about being targeted for theft and it would just be impractical to do daily things with it on. I’d be worried about the stone getting damaged.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As beautiful as it is (!!), and with how much I’d love to say, “yes I’d rock it,” honestly, it would be too large for my lifestyle too. Do you think your wife would be comfortable rocking it? Is she the type to be flashy and not care what others think or might say?

You hot glued that diamond to a band?!?! :oops2:

joey_v

Shiny_Rock
As beautiful as it is (!!), and with how much I’d love to say, “yes I’d rock it,” honestly, it would be too large for my lifestyle too. Do you think your wife would be comfortable rocking it? Is she the type to be flashy and not care what others think or might say?

You hot glued that diamond to a band?!?! :oops2:

I'm not sure anyone would feel comfortable from the getgo, but I think you could get used to it.

Yeah... hot glued it... it can survive magma temps, it can survive hot glue. hahaha

I’ll be the odd man out - I’m really short and petite (5’2”), and I would definitely rock the big rock if I had one! Of course I would be mindful and not wear it if I was in an unsafe area, but if I had the option of a 6.75ct it would be on my hand all the time!!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Gosh I’m surprised at the responses. For me it’s a resounding YES. I have a 4ct round and work in academia (not a flashy environment). I don’t care if it doesn’t fit in bc I love gazing at the stone. :) It’s more for me than for others.

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
I would want to, but likely wouldn’t. I have a size 5.75 finger and even trying on a 5ct seemed like overkill to me. My current daily wear has a 3ct spread (it’s a 2.78 round), and I’m close to my comfort limit with that.

That said, it’s my opinion about what I would want to wear. However, if my husband gifted me an almost 7ct beautiful oval diamond, I’d definitely have to seriously reevaluate my comfort level because I’d want to want to wear it. (If that makes sense.)

_dracarys_

Shiny_Rock
If my husband gave me that, I would 100% wear it daily. I work from home, don't have a flashy lifestyle, work out a fair amount, but I would definitely wear it.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMHO, it would be way to flashy to be worn as a daily ring if your OH is a casual non-flashy kind of person.

Having said that, some peeps can get used to wearing flashier jewellery in no time, as it would be rude to say no to such generous gifts!

For me personally, I have a 0.47ct EC set East-West in a plain band for daily wear, and the larger 1.19ct EC comes out on dressier occasions as often as possible.

DK ;)2

MightyDucks

Rough_Rock
I would be in awe if my husband gifted me such a beautiful big diamond and would never turn away such a generous and thoughtful gift. But personally for me I would not wear it daily. 3ct is my max size I would feel comfortable wearing day to day. Anything over that would be too much for me with kids and my line of profession. At the end of the day all that matters is how SHE feels about it! Congrats!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that you want to upgrade in such a big way. Most women on here would love that! That said, even if you went half that size, with her being a petite, non-flashy woman, maybe that would be better! Sometimes less really is more!! Beautiful stone though!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I'd find a way LOL! But seriously, I work in healthcare and often wear just a band or something very small at work, but I still would love a big, blingy ring to wear the rest of the time!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
100% I would, but I'm also fully aware that I'd likely be in the minority. I don't mind rocking jeans and a T-shirt with massive bling, as that's just kind of me.

But I'm also the person who wears my ballgowns or 1950s vintage attire to go yarn shopping, and has a cape for winter. *shrugs*

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends where you live and whether your wife would feel safe wearing it on a daily basis. Who cares what other people think?

For me, I would definitely wear it, even though at present the only places I go to are Home Depot and the supermarket. :D

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
PS I love her Tacori wedding ring! I have the same on in rose gold :)

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
One question comes to mind after reading that you don't live surrounded by the mega wealthy. How will your wife feel with people asking her if it's "real", assuming it's not "real", or explaining that it is a lab diamond? I ask because I live in a middle income area, have a very casual lifestyle (think yoga pants, tank tops, etc.) because I work for myself and have a 3.63 ct diamond I get asked about. When asked if it's "real" I have responded "it's real to me" as I'm fine with anyone assuming it's not. But an almost 7 ct stone in an oval is HUGE on anybody. She will definitely get some of this. Can she handle the attention? Just food for thought.

Last edited:

joey_v

Shiny_Rock
I saw your other thread on purchasing the upgrade stones! Your wife is such a lucky lady.

Personally I wouldn't find myself able to wear the oval as an everyday ring, as I live in Europe and the largest diamonds on rings I see when out and about in the city are around half carat, if any (which is hard on me as I'd love to see more rocks lol). It would be lovely however for events - opening nights, opera etc.

But I'm guessing your locale differs so my experience likely isn't much use to you. Context is everything when it comes to bling size. Do you see many large diamonds in your area/communities? How does this size compare to what is the "norm"? If it's just a bit bigger than average, I think it could work out.

On an unrelated note, your 1.5ct original ring is gorgeous! I love an elegant fishtail setting and the size would attract much attention here. 8) Will you be keeping it?
Thx!
I love my original build… it was a success!

I'd find a way LOL! But seriously, I work in healthcare and often wear just a band or something very small at work, but I still would love a big, blingy ring to wear the rest of the time!
She’s a pharmacist, I wouldn’t want her wearing the large oval.
That’s what the 3ct pear is for!

One question comes to mind after reading that you don't live surrounded by the mega wealthy. How will your wife feel with people asking her if it's "real", assuming it's not "real", or explaining that it is a lab diamond? I ask because I live in a middle income area, have a very casual lifestyle (think yoga pants, tank tops, etc.) because I work for myself and have a 3.63 ct diamond I get asked about. When asked if it's "real" I have responded "it's real to me" as I'm fine with anyone assuming it's not. But an almost 7 ct stone in an oval is HUGE on anybody. She will definitely get some of this. Can she handle the attention? Just food for thought.
I hear ya, I don’t care if people think it’s fake, the less likely it’ll be picklocketed

I gave her the option, do you want a egd or LGD, she said LGD. That ended that discussion. If people think it’s moissanite or cz… that’s ok . She’s a pharmacist, I’m a doctor, they can connect the dots if they want to.

To me, it’s real. It was not an easy purchase (not talking finances, but talking about sourcing and procuring the exact size/clarity/cut) and I think the build of the entire unit is just as important as the center stone itself. If I can get this ring forged in platinum by Leon Mege, it’s gonna be unreal and it’s as real as it gets short of spending the extra for a natural which she doesn’t want in the first place.

Last edited:

joey_v

Shiny_Rock
Some people asked.

Average house in the area is probably $800k. But no, I don’t see this kind of stone on anyone else ever. Maybe I’m hanging out with the wrong crowd.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
What are the dimensions of the 6.75 ct? And what is your wife’s ring size?

I’m 5’5” medium build and while I love my 7.6 ct round, I don’t wear it everywhere (like school functions). It’s nice to wear my engagement stone sometimes. Sounds like your wife is going to have some nice options to choose from daily!

joey_v

Shiny_Rock
What are the dimensions of the 6.75 ct? And what is your wife’s ring size?

I’m 5’5” medium build and while I love my 7.6 ct round, I don’t wear it everywhere (like school functions). It’s nice to wear my engagement stone sometimes. Sounds like your wife is going to have some nice options to choose from daily!

Dimensions are 14.87x10.7 iirc. Ring size 9 because of 3 pregnancies.

A 7.6ct round is massive!!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would wear it. It just depends on the person I guess . Frankly I doubt anyone would notice what I wear as far as jewelry goes. By and large most people are busy doing their own thing and will not pay attention to rings. As long as you live in a safe area and she can wear it with a smile then I would say - If she loves it that is all that matters.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have size 9.5 fingers so my 4 carat round is not big on me. I don’t think a diamond starts looking “big” on me until the 8-10 carat range fwiw.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results