shape
carat
color
clarity

Question: What are you buying for your SO this holiday season?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/22/2008 12:28:46 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
HE SAYS we''re doing a joint gift again this year. We''re planning to buy a Wii for the family and a couple of games to start. Should be fun :) What he doesnt know is that I''m buying him the blu ray... he needs a wallet desperately bad, too.. so I think that will come from his daughter.
2.gif
I''m BAD about NO GIFTS. LOL

Get the Wii!! Although, I must say, if you want one you better be on the prowl because they are still super hard to find. SDL, from what I''ve been reading/hearing, there is no point in buying a Blu-ray player. Instead just buy an upconverting DVD player.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Well, I decided to buy the Wii tonight as I was worried it would be hard to find after this week (although the news reports say it shouldn''t sell out this year). I looked online and the places I looked didn''t have it (or were overcharging for it). So I went to Best Buy and they had a stack. I know nothing about games, so I let the sales guy help me. Here''s what I walked out with.

The console
a second remote and nunchuck (I figure I want to play with him). The remote came with 9 basic games.
the charge station (the sales guy states the batteries burn quickly and that this will save money in the long run...than frowns and states he figured that out the hard way).

The whole thing was just under $400. I wasn''t planning on spending that much....so I hope he loves it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
A digital camera so that he can take pics of the new house we just did. We bought it from my parent's and did tons of work. He is so wanting to share his pics with friends and family. I think once he figures this out, there will be no stopping him.
5.gif

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
We cancelled our fancy gym membership recently and created a home gym, that''s our "Christmas" to each other this year. We''re really glad we did it too. We got an olympic weight bench, a double cable upper/lower pulley machine with different attachment handles, etc, both use Olympic weights. We also got an elliptical that has a power incline feature, and it all goes nicely with the treadmill he got from a co-worker this summer. It equals about 2 years of membership at the gym we were going too. Now we can do it anytime we want and not have to worry about other peoples'' sweat.
37.gif

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I am buying my DH a really nice coffee maker that has a one cup setting. We didn''t get it for our wedding and I don''t drink coffee, so it really is a gift for him that he really wants.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2008 6:47:57 PM
Author: bee*
I''m hoping to get D an Eileen Gray table. He''s always wanted one when he got a house and he hasn''t got one yet so I''m hoping to surprise him.

Scrap this-D decided that he doesn''t want the table and so we''re getting a nintendo wii between us.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
FFI is getting a checkers set with his fave teams football helmets....

an autographed football helmet from one of the line receivers from the Dolphins....

an old cancelled bank check from 1919...he collects currency and coin sets....

Anything else....no clue. He wants Madden 09 for the Wii...so I might get him that....Santa is bringing him some new towels...we desperately need some of those....its sad how ragged they are...

Oh if you all are getting Wii games, get Wii Carnival...so FUN!!!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/24/2008 11:46:38 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Well, I decided to buy the Wii tonight as I was worried it would be hard to find after this week (although the news reports say it shouldn''t sell out this year). I looked online and the places I looked didn''t have it (or were overcharging for it). So I went to Best Buy and they had a stack. I know nothing about games, so I let the sales guy help me. Here''s what I walked out with.

The console

a second remote and nunchuck (I figure I want to play with him). The remote came with 9 basic games.

the charge station (the sales guy states the batteries burn quickly and that this will save money in the long run...than frowns and states he figured that out the hard way).

The whole thing was just under $400. I wasn''t planning on spending that much....so I hope he loves it.

Yes, the batteries run out very fast. Having the charge station is a must.

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
DH is getting a Garmin GPS (becuase he won''t listen to me for directions, but will listen to a machine with a sexy voice...go figure)

Tools...every year, I don''t know what he does with them

Jeans...our dog jumped up on him yesterday and ripped the belt loop on his favorite pair

Santa also is bringing our entire family a Wii...I also got the extra nunchuck, controller and I got a driving game with 2 steering wheels but I may have to go back and get the charging station, didn''t know about that. I also got "Cooking Mama" for my daughters to play.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
cooking mama is really fun, the boys enjoy it!

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
E is getting a 5 disc collect set of one of his fav bands. we set a limit this year becuase i took a new job that pays significantly less than less year.

he''s also getting a marshmallow air gun :)

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought the leather wallet for him a couple of days ago. I didn''t think it''d be so expensive. I was going to give him a bit of money and a game that he wants, but now I''m just thinking about giving him the cash.

Christmas, his birthday, and our anniversary are all fairly close together. I find it difficult to shop for all three big gift giving ocassions that close. I start running out of ideas.

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
I love this vineyard and specifically, this wine (and no, my name is not Alexis!
3.gif
). Unfortunately, I live in a state where you cannot ship wines to
38.gif
or else I''d get it for myself
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results