shape
carat
color
clarity

Question: What are you buying for your SO this holiday season?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 3:29:29 AM
Author: Samantha Red
One of the gifts for my bloke is a Title. You can buy Lordships on the Net and it will suit him so well. It is only going to cost about 15 pounds but he will love the novelty value of it.
Those things drive me crazy.
29.gif

You get these total nutters who buy one and then have all their bank cards etc changed and start calling themselves Lord X - I spend hours every year on the phone to Debretts having them checked out and then the people get angry when we won''t call them Lord X on things.

A load of them also think they are entitled to sit in the House of Lords and drive security up the wall...

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Oh - I forgot another one...DH had a Mr.Beer on our registry and never got it. I''m thinking about maybe getting it for him, just because he never, ever buys himself useless goofy toys. I''m sure the beer is horrible, but I think he''d have fun being a brewer.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Perfect timing for this thread! I am stressin a little.

One of BFs friends is an artist, and BF is always saying he wants to get some of his work. So I went to his DeviantArt page and ordered a print to have framed. I am really excited about that one. I am also getting him one of the seasons of Doug on DVD. I still need something else though.

He totally spoiled me on my bday and I want to think of something good! Neither of us is into saying what we want, much more fun to think of stuff on our own.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A cup of coffee - if he behaves himself.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I''m getting my husband Guitar Hero and Rosetta Stone - Italian.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We arent buying for each other this year, money is really tight, we would rather spend what we have on our boys.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brown.Eyed.Girl, thank you for starting this thread. i have already started my xmas shopping and i am stuck on ideas for a few people... this has got the juices flowing!

trillionaire.... THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!!!! oh my goodness, your omaha steak idea is FANTASTIC!! we never know what to get a particular relative. he loves steak but he''s pretty cheap, so this is perfect (i think, i hope. you never know with him). woohoo!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Happy to help Rainy!
35.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NOTHING !! she wants a diamond pendant but she ain''t getting one.
9.gif

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 1:42:57 PM
Author: Pandora II

Date: 11/18/2008 3:29:29 AM
Author: Samantha Red
One of the gifts for my bloke is a Title. You can buy Lordships on the Net and it will suit him so well. It is only going to cost about 15 pounds but he will love the novelty value of it.
Those things drive me crazy.
29.gif

You get these total nutters who buy one and then have all their bank cards etc changed and start calling themselves Lord X - I spend hours every year on the phone to Debretts having them checked out and then the people get angry when we won''t call them Lord X on things.

A load of them also think they are entitled to sit in the House of Lords and drive security up the wall...
Oops sorry Pandora, I can issue you there will none of that going on in our house

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Trillionaire you are the B.E.S.T!!! All of your ideas were fantastic! I''m not trying to figure out who I can give the Omaha Steaks thing to. Their stuff is pretty tasty.

I now want to find a pic good enough to use for that art reproduction thing to hang out our bedroom!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2008 7:13:12 PM
Author: trillionaire
probably something from Omaha Steaks... or maybe I will send a gift package from Omaha Steaks to SO''s family...

this looks like a good deal and a nice gift!

This is also a cool idea if your guy is into art
36.gif
Act fast, I don''t know how long it takes them to process orders!

Here is another cool personalized gift For people who like soda/ Jones Soda!

I love finding unique gifts!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Also, I got my brother a Mr. Beer kit some years ago and he LOVED IT!!!!

Yea! Thanks for the link to the Omaha Steaks thing. I think that is PERFECT for the inlaws who are SOOO hard to shop for. I feel relieved to have found something I know they will like:)

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
We''re getting each other a new dutch oven because ours is on its last legs. I think we''re going to get a Staub!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
My hubby has been wanting a nice SLR camera so that is what he is getting.

I got my nephew a fun train set; in fact hubby and I can''t wait to see him open it for the holidays.
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a very hard to buy for guy too. This year I'm getting him golf lessons with a pro. He's been golfing since he was a kid, but he tore his left knee up really bad in a fall a couple years ago, and unfortunately he's screwed up his whole swing trying not to pivot that leg (affraid of what it might do). So hopefully this will help him get back in the swing of things.
25.gif

We also buy a gift for his brother every year as a thank you gift for doing us a big favor. The guy has everything, so it's tough to come up with stuff. I am considering this, as he and his wife love wine, and travel to Chicago often. Really cool looking winery. I wanna go.
9.gif

http://www.excitations.com/chicago/gourmet/?u=JmU9MjEyJjQ5

And the best part is, they can call and reserve any date they want, not locked in on a specific one.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know
6.gif
, he is so hard to buy for.

The Wii fit is something I have to look into, that sounds like something he might like.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
You said he like sports - does he play sports? My SIL got my DH a soccer outfit (dri-fit shirt, shorts, and a matching warmup jacket) for his birthday last year and I thought it went over really well. He has started playing soccer every weekend with friends so it gets a lot of use!!

I think I am going to get him a cashmere sweater this Christmas. My mom got him one 2 or 3 years ago and it is his favorite thing to wear, even years later.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m hoping to get D an Eileen Gray table. He''s always wanted one when he got a house and he hasn''t got one yet so I''m hoping to surprise him.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2008 5:19:27 PM
Author: FireGoddess
You said he like sports - does he play sports? My SIL got my DH a soccer outfit (dri-fit shirt, shorts, and a matching warmup jacket) for his birthday last year and I thought it went over really well. He has started playing soccer every weekend with friends so it gets a lot of use!!

I think I am going to get him a cashmere sweater this Christmas. My mom got him one 2 or 3 years ago and it is his favorite thing to wear, even years later.
My BF loves sports, but I dare not pick out his stuff...he is too picky.

I got a sweater last year I thought he wanted, he dosn't really wear it. He was looking at this other super expensive one which he told me was overpriced. Well it ended up going on sale so I got that for his B-day (1 mo later) and he loved that...wore that one every week.

I will have to make a best buy run and look at all the video game stuff, I am not doing clothes again unless he shows me exactly what he wants.

ETA: He has started wood working, anyone know any good standard tools for that????

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
DH is getting some golf lessons and a subscription to audible.com so he can listen to books in the car. He mentioned wanting golf lessons once but we haven''t talked about it since so I''m hoping he''s surprised!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
FI is getting:

Ipod Nano Red
Diesal fuel for life
New brand name work shirts
Ministry of sound CD
Clubbers guide 2008 CD
Zoolander DVD
Punisher, Hellboy & Ghostrider triple movie DVD
Forgetting Sarah Marshall DVD
Cloverfield DVD
Ticket to see Kings of Leon

When I write it down it looks like so much but I feel like I have hardly got him anything
4.gif

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
Well, we''re getting married on the 21st of December- so cost might be limited (although I doubt it-we tend to always over do Christmas haha)
Anyways I had a few ideas-
- Tennis Lessons for both of us (we have no idea how to play)
- Snowboard lessons/pass (we live in Calgary- an hour out of Banff)
- Curling lessons (although I think I''d like it more then he would so maybe not)
*side note, I would probably just get one of these or all of them and just the lessons.
- Iphone (maybe maybe maybe- although I think we''ll both get one and call it a wedding gift. haha)
- Massage together (he loves deep tissue massage and when we went down south, we had our first massage together..soo fun)
- Skates- but his feet are huge so I don''t know where to look

Other then the iphone, you can see the theme is about things we can do together- we have the big screen tv, the video games (he has the 360, ps3 and the wii haha) I MIGHT get him a game but he usually gets the or rents/beats them on his own. so we''ll see!

We like coloring together (like..crayons/markers/pencils) so yesterday, I found old cartoons we liked (charlie brown, scooby doo, simpsons, spiderman *the old one, mickey mouse, garfield, etc) in coloring book format- printed them and we colored last night- THAT could be a cute gift made personal (you could add notes on each page before printing) and presenting it..

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
Had some better ideas for lessons from the office- Fencing, and Archery. I think D will love the fact that we''ve never done either...so I will get those (fencing for winter, and Archery for summer- and possibly an additional class for us..I just haven''t decided)!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
You guys are awesome - I''ve gotten so many great ideas from this thread!

BF is getting 4 smaller gifts, I decided -

1) Boxers (practical, but he''s asked for them, lol)

2) Nice leather wallet from Coach (his current one is falling apart!)

3) A couple lambswool sweaters from JCrew - one in black and one in navy - BF prefers to layer rather than get a down jacket (and won''t let me get one for him!) and it''s freezing here in Chicago, so he needs more sweaters

4) Haven''t bought this yet - this will be either tix to a Bulls game (we haven''t been to one yet) or a gift certificate for a massage - what do you guys think? Which one should it be?

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
There''s one gift that I have to wait to get. If Alabama wins the SEC championship, I''m going to get Nate an Alabama sweatshirt. Of course, it looks like Florida is going to tear us to pieces, but I have a bit of faith.

Other than that, I got him a Royal Oak Offshore (watch) because he really like watches. I''m also going to get him some new ski/snowboarding gear for our trip. And then because he goes through pens so fast, I got him some really good pens.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red Alert 3
Leather Wallet
Several CDs
Renew Magazine Subscription

I''m trying to figure out what to get him. We don''t ever spend that much and both have expensive hobbies. What he really wants a nice sound system.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
We''re buying a GPS together this Christmas as our "big" gift to each other. We always do stockings for each other, and I think that is sooo much fun! So far I got a sweater and a new ipod car charger for in his stocking.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results