shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about taxes and duty on some jewellery

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
So I am not sure of this belongs here or shopping but I am shopping around for some coloured lab stones and I found a Canadian cutter I like alot. I am in the US for the next several months and then probably move to Europe so my dilemma wont change
If I purchased something from him about 260 how can I find out what my taxes and duty will be? I found 2 calculators. One from james allen and another one that both say different things. One says 0 taxes and duty and james allen says almost 50 bucks worth.
Has anyone purchased anything in that price range for jewellery from canada? What were your results for taxes and duty?

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would love to know who the Canadian cutter is! @MeowMeow I am usually the one wishing I lived in the US so I'd love to know who this Canadian gem is :)

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Would love to know who the Canadian cutter is! @MeowMeow I am usually the one wishing I lived in the US so I'd love to know who this Canadian gem is :)

Stag and Finch! I've been drooling over them for so long but taxes and duty of unknown amounts terrify me so I've not used them yet. I saw something about them moving though. I don't know if it means they left Canada or not though.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stag and Finch! I've been drooling over them for so long but taxes and duty of unknown amounts terrify me so I've not used them yet. I saw something about them moving though. I don't know if it means they left Canada or not though.

I’ll look into it! Thanks!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
It may depend on the category, but I buy jade (100-200) from Canada frequently and have yet to be hit with any import charges.

Russel

Rough_Rock
This is incredibly opaque and should not be so difficult to find out, but I believe the there is no custom charge for international shipments below $800:
Above that, a series of complicated calculation ensue, depending on how the good is classified and brokerage fees charged by the shipper. I have not shipped from Canada, but have found this to be true for packages from Europe.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results