shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about IDJ studs

BoubaFris

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I am in the market for a pair of studs with a budget of $2,000. Following this earlier thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/starter-diamond-studs.222498/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/starter-diamond-studs.222498/,,[/URL], I approached IDJ (thank you Queenie and all
Those PSers who recommended IDJ) for the same pair in 3 prong with the same budget and specs (1ctw, F/G, eye clean, PS quality).

Shulamit came back and advised that they can only do the same now for $2,495, a 25% increase in two months! :( question: is this price increase worth for me to still go ahead or wait for better deals with them? I am new to this, so Is it possible for diamonds to increase price so fast?

In any case, I asked them what they could do for $2,000; awaiting their reply to further decide.

Q

Queenie60

I suggest you speak with Yekutiel and tell him that you were recommended by Pricescope. And ask about the increase and question why so much in a short amount of time? Good luck. :wavey:

BoubaFris

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Queenie :)

pr0pel

Rough_Rock
Shulamit is his sister so I would assume that is the current/"PS price" since it's obvious we're talking about the same setting that is found on PS. I would be shocked if they came back and dropped it another $500 but please report back and let us know.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got some confusing price quotes from IDJ. When I questioned a quote because it didnt seem in-line they said they would talk to
Yekutiel. At that point they came back with prices that were more in line with earlier quotes I had received.

Shulamit may be looking at the stones that are available right now and that may be the best they can do (inventories fluctuate)
but it will be interesting if they come back with a different quote.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shulamit works closely with Yekutiel on PS goodies. I would wait to hear back from her and sees what she finds for you, OP!

BoubaFris

Shiny_Rock
So I spoke to Yekutiel and he explained that he had a parcel of diamonds at a lower price points but these have already been sold. Prices have since increased slightly. The best they can do within budget is 0.90 ctw with 4 prong setting. Now waiting for ASET/IS images.

Question: if I eventually would like to pair the studs with the IDJ jackets, would a milgrain bezel studs be ok? Or shall I stick to either 3 or 4 prongs. I have seen some bezel studs with jackets but do not recall milgrain studs with jackets. Would love some inputs .... Thank you!

Q

Queenie60

I would ask them about the bezel setting with jackets. I have seen a post in the past with bezel studs and earring jackets. However, it's wise to bring this up with them prior to setting. Good luck. Can't wait to see what you get! Please share. :wavey:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a good question! I would verify with Yekutiel whether the milgrain bezel setting can fit into their earring jackets.

BoubaFris

Shiny_Rock
Hello all,

Received the images. What do you think? Good to go?

_4186.jpeg

_4187.jpeg

_4188.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results