shape
carat
color
clarity

Put $$$ down on custom setting today...whew!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amytude

Shiny_Rock
For those following along, I had an estimate for my setting (3 sided pave, 14K wg) for around $3200 plus tax. I went in today to pick up my diamond and the jeweler was able to go down to $3k out the door. I feel comfortable w/this (tax is 8%). I am glad he was able to go down a bit in price b/c I was pretty impressed with their operation there. They showed me how they make the piece out of wax and so forth, showed me a wax model, and explained the process. This was WAY above & beyond most jewelers.

Now, I''m excited to be working on a setting! He said he''ll call me in a week to a week and a half to come look at the wax model (is that the right terminology?). We can then make alterations as needed. Maybe I can have my ring by my birthday (mar. 15)---what a great present!!! BTW, I took in several of ps''ers ring pics for reference. He was impressed by them. He esp. loved WS''s ring. Thanks for all your advice so far--it has been invaluable.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock

Congrats!!! Definitely try to take some pics of the wax model, we''ll love pictures of just about anything involving rings, diamonds, etc.

2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is sooo exciting, congratulations. Please take pictures of the wax mold, so we can follow along in the whole process from start to finish, hopefully in time for your birthday!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results