shape
carat
color
clarity

Puppy name ideas, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I still LOVE Daisy, but what about Mitzy? I just like how it sounds with Milo, but still think Daisy is awesome for her...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scarlett, the breeder''s website is megadoodledogs.com. Last I checked, she had two male tri-coloreds left, and a lemon male.
Sorry I didn''t post that sooner for you, I wanted to make sure the gal got our deposit first, LOL!

AlJ. I love both of your contributions. DH and I did discuss the possibility of Maggie, but it sounds a lot like our neighbors'' dog, Maddie...and I think Morgan is a great name! I have to run that one by DH, he might really love it.

Again, I think we will have to see how she is in person and decide what name feels "right" from there. Diamondfan, I still like your comparison of the colors of a daisy to the coloring of this puppy! I told DH and he liked the analogy as well. Mitzy is cute, but not as cute as Daisy...plus it reminds me of "mittens," and cold weather, lol!

I''m picking her up November 11th--she will be ready the weekend before but I''ll be OOT visiting friends on the east coast. I will definitely have to post pics of her and maybe do a poll just in case we are unable to decide on a name when we have her home!
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
funny thing about dog names..i think that they can grow in to fit whatever name you give them from puppy stage. i always knew i wanted a westie named portia so there was absolutely no question of what we were naming P when we got her. my mom was trying to get me to change my mind, saying that there were no cute nicknames, etc etc...but i was like nope, it''s Portia. well i don''t know if when she was a puppy she was a Portia, i mean she was 4.5 lbs and a bundly, squiggly white thing. what did she really look like (a white rat actually!). but now that she IS a portia and has been one for a few years now, i can''t imagine her with any other name. we do have a TON of other nicknames for her, that are totally unrelated to her name, but i think that''s common (aka pony, rat, boo boo)...so i think that even if the dog doesn''t look like an XYZ but you like a name...use it and they will eventually become that in your mind! i don''t know if anyone else thinks P looks like a Portia but to us she LOOKS like a portia because she is one.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, I agree...I don't think we'll be able to just look at this puppy and know she'll make a perfect "Daisy" when she's grown, but my feeling is that personality has a lot to do with naming a puppy as well. Sometimes they can be boisterous, sometimes shy, etc., and I think that can affect the naming process, yanno?

Btw, I love the name Portia, don't think I've ever told you that...but I don't know one single person or animal named Portia and I think it's such a unique name, and also reminds me of princesses (maybe the letter "p") and a certain refined elegance while being fun and cute at the same time. Good choice on that one, lol!

Anyway, you're right about the name just growing on you no matter what...when other people in our family have named their dogs things like "Jimmy" and "Duffy," I've been like "bleech, what are they thinking?" but every time I see those dogs now, they LOOK like a Jimmy or Duffy, and I can't imagine them being named anything else!

The breeder just updated her website (megadoodledogs.com) with new pics of the puppies taken this Sunday...I'll see if I can post the new pics!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I ever figure out how to post more than one pic at a time, it will be a miracle. Here she is now 5 weeks old:

daisy5wks.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Top view, lol:

daisytop.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Side view, hehee:

daisyside.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh. More pix of Lemon Pie! What a stone cold cutie!

Wasn't there some fairy tale or storybook about something named "Lemon Drop"

Hey, what about "Meringue"? ... Milo & Merinque!!!
1.gif

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
just wanted to say I think Mabel is a great name! She is too cute!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about Miss Daisy LuLu? Gives her a middle name, too, and you can call her Daisy Lu for short. I think Daisy works on so many levels...does not connote a type of personality or other (meaning too elegant or fancy or too cutesy).

Monarch, my chessie was named Portia by my cousin who bred her, but it was tough for my then 4 year old to say so we renamed her at 3 months. We picked Maya, and her full name is Maya Chocolate (pronounced chocolatte) and my cousin started calling herMaya right away. Within an hour she knew her new name and my cousin felt that it was meant to be that we changed it!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I could call her DaisyMaeLuluBelle....Daisy for short, LOL!

Deco, love the idea of Milo and Meringue--but what if we have children and they can''t say "Meringue?" he hee! Very original, though...and very "PS" appropriate!
9.gif

Diamondrocks, I have definitely entertained the name "Mabel," it will probably end up being a nickname! That, along with the 100 other great names people have mentioned on this thread! Hopefully other new puppy owners are getting some fun ideas for female names as well. Thank you for vote! It''s such a tough decision, and I''m having lots of fun with it.

DH has just come to me with a sort of sad face, and wants to know if we can compromise on the color of her collar. Of course I would love to put a pink collar on her, but he wonders if we can maybe do lavender/purple instead. LOL. Maybe she can wear lavender for nights out and pink for day. That''s my kind of compromise.
36.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
OH! OH! Look at the wagging tail in that last photo!! Ahhhh, too too cute!!

She still looks like a Daisy to me! Or I could definitely see her being a Lulu too
1.gif
No matter what you call her, she is just too cute for words!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, those puppy pictures make me MELT!
She''s a real cute one!
You must be so super excited. Gosh, I want another
puppy!!!!
Congratulations.
I love the name Maisy... Maggie is a great name too, but up there
on the list of "most popular dog names" in case you want yours to be more unique.
My first dog (as an adult) was a Maggie... dearest, most loyal beast of all time, so I"m partial
to that name.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Oh how CUTE!!! And lots of very fitting names suggested... I think my personal fav is Mabel though... or maybe Maybelle for a slight twist! And Maizie is fun too. I know several dogs named Daisy, plus that was Jessica Simpson''s dog I think
20.gif
, so that one wouldn''t be a top choice for me. But can''t wait to hear what you decide!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I couldn''t resist any longer...today I took Milo to get his nails trimmed at PetSmart and of course I had to pick up a few "new puppy" items! I got her this collar to wear until she gets too big. It was a compromise between DH and I--he said no pink collars, and I said can I have rhinestones, then? Gotta have some bling for my new little girl, lol!

bluecollar.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
OMG how did I miss this thread??? Monarch your new puppy is so unbelievably cute! You and your hubby must be SO excited!!! Keep those pictures coming.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/29/2006 12:42:22 PM
Author: ephemery1
Oh how CUTE!!! And lots of very fitting names suggested... I think my personal fav is Mabel though... or maybe Maybelle for a slight twist! And Maizie is fun too. I know several dogs named Daisy, plus that was Jessica Simpson''s dog I think
20.gif
, so that one wouldn''t be a top choice for me. But can''t wait to hear what you decide!
Arrgh, I forgot Jessica Simpson''s dog was a "Daisy"! Damn. I have to say it''s still top contender here in our household, though. I catch myself thinking about her and referring to her in my mind as Daisy already...

You know, the J. Simpson connection isn''t all that bad to me, I guess. I loved watching Dukes of Hazzard with my big bro growing up, and I was a huge fan of Daisy Duke, he hee. I even had a metal lunchbox with her on it, how strange is that? Wait, maybe my brother had one, I can''t quite remember now, lol!

And I have to tell you all...my very first dog was named Daisy. She was a shepard mix, and unfortunately she wandered onto a neighbor''s land and went missing forever. Apparently she was chasing his cows for fun and he shot her.
8.gif
Out in the country, on farmland, at that time, if a predator or even dog was threatening your livestock (in a dog''s case, "running the meat off them") protocol was to end the life of said predator. And that''s what happened to my first Daisy, although we didn''t find out until about 7 years later when another neighbor told my mother. Very sad, but somewhat understandable--my parents had a huge open kennel outside but let the dogs run free because there were so many acres of land for them to roam around on, and not close to traffic in any way...but dogs find ways to easily crawl under barbed wire fences or jump over places in need of repair. I was angry and hurt about it when I found out, but now I understand that neighbor''s position. The bigger the cow, the more money it brings, and a dog chasing your cows around is going to keep them slimmer and trimmer than if they are just allowed to graze and gain. So that''s my story of the name Daisy and what it means to me...
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey, I named three cats Snoopy when I was little (not original and not a cat name but I was 5)...

Daisy? Still love it. Who cares about anything other than that? If you loved another dog with that name, I think it is nice to remember her that way...

Monarch, google bella bean couture, I swear you will love their stuff. They have a cupcake collection that is too cute. I got my dog, who is large, some stuff from them and I love it. Just like not wanting flowery china, he will get over the more feminine accessories when she looks too cute in them...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monarch, I have a bunch of the Bella Bean stuff. I love cupcakes in any color and I love the Mod Brocade in Brodie. This stuff is glam and pretty but I still think a guy would not mind walking a dog with this one. You can even get corresponding ones for Milo in some of the patterns...It is so fun!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/29/2006 9:00:46 PM
Author: diamondfan
Monarch, I have a bunch of the Bella Bean stuff. I love cupcakes in any color and I love the Mod Brocade in Brodie. This stuff is glam and pretty but I still think a guy would not mind walking a dog with this one. You can even get corresponding ones for Milo in some of the patterns...It is so fun!
S*&t, he never walks the dog anyway, lol!
9.gif
So it really doesn't matter...I'm just trying to compromise on the "pink" thing with him and make sure that he feels I've heard what he's feeling, yaknow? I will definitely check out bella bean's website tonight, thanks for the tip. And you are cracking me up with how you named 3 dogs Snoopy at the age of 5--too cute!

The breeder hasn't updated pics on her website this week
8.gif
, I was soo looking forward to seeing some of our little girl at week 6, but oh well...I guess we'll just see what happens as far as updates next week or so. Only 2 more weeks til I bring her home! It's almost like a "due date" for pregnancy!

ETA: OMG, their stuff is just too cute! I love the cupcake pattern! I will definitely have to wait until she's grown to buy anything like that, though...I would hate to get something now and have her grow right out of it in a few months--for now I will stick to cheapie PetSmart and Target collars! But I don't think DH would have an easy time saying "no" to such cutie collars/leads as bella bean makes! Thanks Diamondfan!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2006 9:46:04 PM
Author: monarch64
Date: 10/29/2006 9:00:46 PM

Author: diamondfan

S*&t, he never walks the dog anyway, lol!
9.gif
So it really doesn''t matter...I''m just trying to compromise on the ''pink'' thing with him and make sure that he feels I''ve heard what he''s feeling, yaknow? I will definitely check out bella bean''s website tonight, thanks for the tip. And you are cracking me up with how you named 3 dogs Snoopy at the age of 5--too cute!

The breeder hasn''t updated pics on her website this week
8.gif
, I was soo looking forward to seeing some of our little girl at week 6, but oh well...I guess we''ll just see what happens as far as updates next week or so. Only 2 more weeks til I bring her home! It''s almost like a ''due date'' for pregnancy!

ETA: OMG, their stuff is just too cute! I love the cupcake pattern! I will definitely have to wait until she''s grown to buy anything like that, though...I would hate to get something now and have her grow right out of it in a few months--for now I will stick to cheapie PetSmart and Target collars! But I don''t think DH would have an easy time saying ''no'' to such cutie collars/leads as bella bean makes! Thanks Diamondfan!

I am in love with it! I have ordered my dog like 10 collars and leads from her. The collars do adjust, so if you have any sense about how large her neck might be you might get away with one collar. I love the green (pistachio?) cupcakes, and love the brocade... addicting.

I named three CATS Snoopy, could not be disuaded that Snoopy was a dog, I insisted on naming cats that name no matter what! (maybe that is why they ran away???? hahaha)...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
bella bean stuff is cute...i actually end up buying grosgrain ribbons by the yard on ebay and sending them to this gal who i can''t remember the name of right now but she makes collars and leads from them for me for like $10 each. and the funniest thing was i had her make one with this cool brown and blue grosgrain striped ribbon and i went into the local willow glen dog boutique and one of her designers was making collars and leads with that same fabric to the tune of like $35 a pop. i was like HAHA. sweet. and the owner of the dog boutique was all hey where''d you get that, these just came out 2 days ago! hehe. it was pretty funny. i can''t remember if it was bella bean or another designer who had the ribbon. anyway, fun stuff, i love playing around with collars and leads....greg said no pink at first too and now he doesn''t even care...lol. portia has a few pink things, some blue and a green one too i think. oh and a christmas one and a coach collar in hot pink leather that i got 1/2 off at the outlet..lol. dog stuff? FUN.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
I also love the name Lucy
emstar.gif

(sorry if that''s already been suggested)

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I am late on your cute puppy- She IS SO CUTE and I love the tail wagging picture.
(I must secretly confess my love of the smell of puppy breath and puppy paws- I know- sick, but only puppies can smell that way) Seeing puppies makes me want one just for a little while.
2.gif

Without further ado, here are my suggestions (in alphabetical):

Alice
Dafne
Gabby
Greta
Glory
Hanna
Matilda
Meg
Magpie
Madison (Can her Madi)
Paige
Sadie (I don''t know if you sing to your dogs, but you can sing "Sadie Sadie, Lemon Lady")
Tahlula (and call her Lula or Lula Belle)
Tess
Tinker (with the Nick Name of Tinker Belle-had a friend with a dog named Tinker and they called her Tinker the Stinker or just Tink)
Zoe (prounced Zo- not Zoey)

Best of luck!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2006 4:37:47 PM
Author: moremoremore
I think she totally looks like a Daisy! How cute!
How funny! My parents just named their new kitten Daisy. I love the name!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just ordered the blue cupcakes, the olive green and blue brocade and the chocolate and pink dots. I also have the cutest lead and collar in light blue, green, yellow and white with little daisy''s on it...if you end up naming her that it would be too cute. Our neighbor has a Cavalier King Charles named Fleur, she is too precious. Any more brainstorms???

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/30/2006 2:20:20 PM
Author: lovelylulu
I also love the name Lucy
emstar.gif

(sorry if that''s already been suggested)
Me too!!

I just looked at the photos again and thought "Penny" when I looked at her. You said Portia reminded you of a princess b/c of the letter "p" so maybe you could have Princess Penny
21.gif

Funny, this has become like a contest for us now! I think we all want "our" names to win!
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monarch, any news? Just a few more days...any more ideas?

By the way, Bella Bean just opened a flagship store in San Fran. I ordered some stuff on line and they called because one collar was out of stock for a couple of weeks. Turns out it was the owner, and the dogs on the site, Bella and one other, I cannot recall the name, the French bulldog, are her pets and inspiration...she was really nice so definitely get something special for your new girl when she is more grown!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey all, just checking back in here!

I love all the names everyone posted and you guys are so helpful! If this was entirely my decision I''d have it much easier, but since DH and I need to agree on the name it''s a little tougher. He''s really stuck on "Daisy," and I really love it too, BUT there are so many other cute names out there!

So I think we''re going to have to wait until we meet her to make a final decision on the name. I think if we decide on Daisy for sure, I want to tack on a middle name as well...maybe "Belle," or "Mae." I think that would be kinda cute!

We''re busy puppy-proofing the house this week--we have more electrical cords that need to be placed out of reach than anything...the rest is pretty easy. We''ve decided to crate train her, but puppies are sneaky little things--just when you''ve looked away for two seconds they''re into something they shouldn''t be.
20.gif

clammer

Shiny_Rock
What a cutie. I just want to gobble her up. I like Daisy Mae. If we got a girl dog, I wanted to name her Clementine and call her Clemmie for short. My husband used his veto power saying that we weren''t going to name our dog after a cow. When do you finally get to bring her home??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results