shape
carat
color
clarity

Puppy name ideas, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So....we have decided to add a new puppy to our family! I'm so excited, but she isn't here just yet. DH and I just put a deposit on her today, after a weekend of playing the choice game with another couple who had first dibs and were trying to decide which of two female pups they wanted. We already have a 3 year old, neutered male beagle, Milo, who is the light of our lives, but needs a sis/companion to pass away the mere 4 hours he ever spends alone.

I am in heaven right now just browsing websites for fun collars/leashes, etc., and also names! I had always wanted to name a female pup Daisy, but DH and I aren't 1000% sold on that particular name. We know we want something that is one or two syllables (apparently dogs react best to names that are shorter, or so I've read), and something that goes well with "Milo," so I thought I'd ask my PS community for ideas. We did find the name "Milo" online, so I'm familiar with all the fun puppy name websites, but I just thought I'd try to get some fun ideas from here...

Here is a pic of the new puppy, at four weeks old...she looks a little timid, but apparently doesn't like having her pic taken, says the breeder, lol! She is considered a "lemon-colored" beagle, whereas Milo is a tri-colored (black, white, and tan...his pics are posted in my last beagle thread here in family, home, and health in case anyone is interested, lol).

lemonbeagleL.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about Maizie? I like Daisy too, or Clementine...I have a girl pup and named her Maya, but think it is too much like Milo...Go to Bellabeancouture.com they have THE cutest collars and leads...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are my ideas so far:

Daisy
Violet
Blossom (I know, there is a trend here)
Jasmine, or "Jazzy" for short
Chloe
Cleo
Mabel
Dora, or Dorabelle

names that aren''t an option, simply because they''re taken by other dogs we know already:

Mya
Molly
Lily
Maddie
Zoe
Isabelle
Sofie

Plus, DH would prefer we not name her something that could possibly qualify as a "human" name, just in case we have girl babies in the future, lol. And he also specified that he would like something he doesn''t feel stupid calling her when having to loudly say her name in public. Hee hee.
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/17/2006 12:48:11 AM
Author: diamondfan
What about Maizie? I like Daisy too, or Clementine...I have a girl pup and named her Maya, but think it is too much like Milo...Go to Bellabeancouture.com they have THE cutest collars and leads...
I will check out that website Diamondfan! I do like Maizie...we''ll see what DH thinks...you''re right, Maya is too much like Milo...we have to find a name that doesn''t sound so much phonetically like his so we can call them separately, I think.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cleo is cute but makes me think of the tv psychic! What about Chloe? (is it there on the list? I am tired, it is late)...

Milly or Molly are cute too, a bit different than Milo but I might be inclined to be looking at another letter/sound, so it is not confusing...I also love Ruby or Rosie or Posie too..

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
what about Margot? Not a name I would likely name my daughter but I am not sure if it would meet with your guy''s approval...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love Maizie! another idea is Maxie.

haha my parents have a beagle named Molly...so i always think of that for beagle girls.

she''s super cute monnie!! you will have to get her past the camera shyness when she comes home.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I am all for Lexie or Lexy- which ever way you want to say it....But I might be a little partial...LOL... its always cute to sat sexy lexie...not that I am biased or anything...
emwink.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She looks like she could be a Lilly to me, or a Marley.

I''ve always liked the name Bebe (pronounced Bay-Bay) for a girl dog too. She is waaaaaaaaaaay too cute!!! Orrr.....

Candy?

Muffin?

Cupcake?

PUPcake?

... something tells me I''m hungry
41.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, what a cutiepie!!!

I second (or third?) Maizie/Maizy/Maisie/Maisy -- so cute!! (My spellling preference is actually Maisy.)

From your other ideas, I also like Daisy and Jasmine (which was my cat''s name, so I''m partial) and Chloe.

What about Dixie? Dixie and Milo -- sounds like they should be singing a country duet, huh?
1.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an adorable little furbaby!

How ''bout Mimi? Is is that too close to Milo?

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on the new puppy. She is beautiful. I want a puppy too, but DH says its not a good idea with a newborn in the house. I''m going to have to have my son ask for a puppy as soon as he can talk and i''ll make sure he uses his big blue eyes to ask.
emwink.gif

Here are some cute names:
Kiera (keer-a)
Rudy
Pebbles
Lily
Josie

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Since she''s a lemon-colored Beagle why not name her Lemon?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2006 10:10:51 AM
Author: AmandaPanda
Since she''s a lemon-colored Beagle why not name her Lemon?
Or what about Lemon Pie?
31.gif

Actually ... I like just "Pie" but I''m weird.
3.gif
There''s that movie Milo & Stitch? But that would be lame I guess. Hmmmm.

Milo & Renaldi (Alias joke)

Milo & Missy

Milo & Trixie

Milo & Moxie

Milo & Moonpie

????
1.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
What a cutie she is!

Another vote for Moxie!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
She is SOOO cute! We had a dog growing up names Chloe and she was such a sweetie. I think it is a very pretty name. I tend to like human names for pets.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys have great ideas! Some are hilarious (DECO), but I''m going to have a tough time deciding. I really like Moxie, and DH even suggested MacKenzie last night, which I think is cute. And I have no idea why, but I looked at French names for baby girls today and I really like Celeste or Camille as well, LOL! "Milo and Camille" kinda has a ring to it...I still puffy heart Chloe, but DH isn''t too excited about that name.

I know this is going to be one of those things where we will just have to see what the dog is like in person and it will be easier to decide on a name for her, but I really appreciate hearing everyone''s ideas...thank you!
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
In college my neighbor had a female beagle named Parker. I always thought that was a cute name as well.

Change of subject: I got all 12 of my place settings!!!! Now you need to start adding to your collection! Too bad we don''t live closer. We could "share" them
1.gif

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Awwwww, such a sweet little girl! Awwwwww I want another puppy too! Puppies for everyone!
36.gif
9.gif

Names I like that haven''t been mentioned:

Betty
Bessie
Bella
Button
Coco
Ellie
Maggie

My faves of the ones that have been mentioned:

Dixie
Mabel
Molly
Daisy! b/c....

The pup in my avatar''s name is Daisy! She''s a shelter doggie and she came to us with the name "Daisy Mae"... we shortened it.
2.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/17/2006 4:05:20 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
In college my neighbor had a female beagle named Parker. I always thought that was a cute name as well.

Change of subject: I got all 12 of my place settings!!!! Now you need to start adding to your collection! Too bad we don''t live closer. We could ''share'' them
1.gif
Tacori, I think the name Parker is adorable! I''ll have to run that past DH...he''s been kinda down-for-the-count tonight (he is struggling with some back problems and we went for a long walk tonight so he came home and kind of passed out after taking his pain meds
7.gif
).

On the china note: I''m so happy for you! So, did you also receive any of your serving pieces, platters, gravy boats, cream and sugar, etc.? I''m a little frustrated with DH at this point...I need to keep reminding him of things on our wish list. He actually started this whole puppy thing, and will be paying for her, her vet stuff, spaying, etc., and he also has his heart set on buying some crazy MacDaddy theater seating for our basement which will be a major expense, so obviously he has forgotten about our china plans.
20.gif
I almost hate to remind him now...but I will find a time here soon to seriously discuss it with him. We just purchased a couple pieces of "wall art" for our dining room, so maybe while we''re hanging those pieces I can broach the subject again, he hee. It is too bad we don''t live near each other...we could "share" things, lol! For example, I have ONE soup bowl that was apparently a gift-with-purchase...I''d lend it to you if you only had 11 others, lol!
35.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Milo and Shilo?? Just kidding. Whatever name you come up with will be great monarch. I bet you can''t wait to bring her home. What fun!!! She has the sweetest face ever!! I had a Maddie once, I know that name has already been taken what about Maggie?? Or Millie??

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/18/2006 12:40:02 AM
Author: Kaleigh
Milo and Shilo?? Just kidding. Whatever name you come up with will be great monarch. I bet you can''t wait to bring her home. What fun!!! She has the sweetest face ever!! I had a Maddie once, I know that name has already been taken what about Maggie?? Or Millie??
Oh, I totally can''t wait to get her here Lisa! Unfortunately she won''t be ready to leave her mama for another couple of weeks, (make that, hmm, 18 more days or so, not that anyone''s counting)
9.gif
. However, that gives me plenty of time to "puppy-proof" our house. When we moved into this house, Milo was about a year old and pretty much finished destroying everything in his path, so I''ve gotten pretty relaxed about leaving shoes and things out, electrical cords, etc. Here we go again, LOL! I LOVE IT! Basically I can''t wait to get that puppy in my arms and kiss her all over and love her to death.
18.gif

"Maddie" is a wonderful name, but sadly, our best friends just got a new Golden Retriever puppy this summer and named her Maddie. "Millie" sounds a bit too close to "Milo" for training reasons, I think...plus when I was growing up we had some Holstein cows named "Milly" and "Molly" (yes, farmers do name their cows sometimes--they have personalities just like other species, ha ha). Oh, Holstein is a type of milk cow, btw, in case anyone is scratching their head right now.

DH thinks "Maizie" sounds just like "Daisy," which he prefers...

Diamondfan: Dh had a girlfriend once named Margot, so that is out, lol.

Alexis: we have friends who named their baby girl "Alexis" just like your screen name, so Lexie or anything close to that is out. But I like "Lexie"!

DandiAndi, I love the name Marley! Have you read the book "Marley and Me" about the yellow lab and his owner? It''s a great book!

DeeJay, "Mimi" is really cute! Maybe it''s too close to "Milo", I don''t know... but I like it.

NYC, your new baby boy has got to keep you way too busy for a puppy! But you''re right, when he gets big enough he can ask daddy with those big blue eyes himself, lol!

AmandaPanda, I thought of "Lemon Drop," but the name "Lemon" period kind of has a negative connotation when you think about used cars...ya know?

Deco, DH did like the name "Moxie." Out of all your suggestions, that was the lesser of the weird. Just kidding, my parents had a dog named Trixie when they were first married, so that''s not too weird... you are too funny!

Ok, hopefully I touched on everything suggested...if not I apologize, I really appreciate all your help! This name choosing thing is just too much fun. Does anyone want to volunteer to help with potty training???
31.gif
Just kidding, I think we''ll have that under control...we removed our carpeting and refinished our hardwood floors a couple years ago so bring on the pee pads and treats...we''re ready for puppy action in that respect, LOL !

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I still like Daisy...daisies are yellow (lemon) and white, with dark centers (brown beagle eyes) it is short, cute, sounds great with Milo, and is an unlikely name to have been a former girlfriend or future daughter! Covers all the bases unless someone else gets a pup and names her Daisy!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
she is sooooo darn cute.

it''s hard to pick a name. i did the same thing - made a list - but really had to wait and meet my girl before i decided.

her name is gracie

other suggestions that i loved on this thread were lemon, but i''d call her lemons. like when you have a cat named socks and not sock
9.gif
there is just something so charming about it.

also:

maizie
violet
hazel
sadie
and fern
emstar.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, no. I only have the basic settings. I got one bowl too but returned it and used the money for other things. (I bought 5 of the settings with gift cards and credits). I realized I don''t really like soup so I doubt I will serve it. I am still hoping to get a few of the serving pieces in the future. Gravy boat and stuff like that doesn''t really interest me. We got a plain white one from C&B which will work out fine. Same with sugar and creamer. DH did NOT understand why we needed 12. He thought 8 would be enough. My mom said "you need more! I have 16!" I think 12 is the limit for now
27.gif
I do like her matching silver salt and pepper shakers (have you seen those?)

Parker is a super cute name! Plus it is an unlikely name for a child (though I have met a few little parkers).

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the name Chloe for a dog! So cute. AND THE PUPPY IS SOOOO CUTE TOO!! My fiance loves beagles...do you mind sharing the breeder (or the website if you have one)?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I think she totally looks like a Daisy! How cute!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
For what it is worth...she looks like a Lulu to me.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2006 8:05:03 PM
Author: littlelysser
For what it is worth...she looks like a Lulu to me.

that''s my most favorite name if i were to have a little (human) girl
9.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
My contributions:

Maggie
Morgan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results