shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommies Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
K got his MMR shot yesterday and no allergic reaction!! he''s A-OKAY!! YIPPY!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

man do i feel like a weight has been lifted off my chest!! I''m so happy..he got the shot (he was a good boy..only gave a small cry when the needle pricked his skin but was quickly laughing after that)...we waited around the hospital for about 20/25 mins after the shot to make sure there was no reaction, got the clearance from the nurses and off we left..phew!!!

lili: Yes, thats K''s name :)

MrsS: Jake is such a happy boy ! so cute

TGal: awwww
7.gif
that must be rough..but im SO happy to hear that Amelia is doing well with the sitter!! it would have been a lot worse if u heard her cries
7.gif
.... but at least u can always sneak a peak without her noticing :)..it is hard leaving K and going to work...but at least i know hes with my mom which is so much easier than leaving him with a sitter (for me personally)..

MrsM: hehe, thanks :) i try to get his hair cut as evenly as i possibly can considering the circumstances (a) he doesn''t sit still more than 1 second and b)i have 0 experience in cutting hair!! hahahah)

lili

Ideal_Rock
TGal
I think you are right in that it may be harder on you than those of us who''ll be working in the office.
It''s especially hard hearing your baby squeal with delight and not be there to see or be the one who''s making her laugh like that.
But you are so lucky with your current setup though because you can go downstair and sneak a peek at Amelia whenever you want.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Ok, here''s a shot of J with her clip.
I clipped it a little differently than what I had originally, so her bangs still show.
Sorry, it is not a good angle of her.
She can''t seem to sit still for a picture.

clipr.jpg

lili

Ideal_Rock
Here's one on the left side.
It's more a decoration instead of actually keeping her hair away from her face.
Think I like it this way.

clipl.jpg

lili

Ideal_Rock
She really doesn''t have that much hair.
Here''s one of her with her hair wet.

bathtime.jpg

lili

Ideal_Rock
msb
36.gif
36.gif
That''s great that little K is ok with the MMR shot.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Here's a better picture of how she look with the clip.

clipbw.jpg

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
lili: thanks
9.gif
those pics are so cute!!! ur girl is just adorable..love those clips on her!! totally adorable!!

(my friend has the exact same baby monitor :) )

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal, I can totally see how it would be hard listening to Ame having so much fun without you. But it is wonderful you found a great nanny!
36.gif
I think it would be hard to hear her upset.

Lili, cute pics! I love the one of J in black and white and the giddy giddy in color. She so DOES have a lot of hair!

Burk, that would be awesome if you could make the drive to Chicago! I would love to meet you and darling T.

MrsS, Jake is gettting so big! I love the bear pics. DH and I were JUST going over pictures of T''s first month
7.gif
It made me a little sad. Even though she is SOOOO much more fun now and was just so little and cuddly.

msb, Yay for K! Glad the shot went well!!!

Diver, glad the podee is working out for you! I am sure it makes your life so much easier. It was so wonderful when T started feeding herself.

Not much new with me. DH and I went to see "Dark Knight" last night. We dropped T off with some friends who have a baby (we baby swap sometimes). I felt GUILTY which is so silly (about leaving her). Guess that''s part of being a mom. But it was nice to actually go to the movies again!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
mrssalvo, Jake is such a cutie pie!!!!! I can't believe how much he's grown. I am hoping I'll be able to keep up with all the photo taking with #2, although like you said, I think I may just be in a daze! I was the second child so I totally know how it feels so I'll be trying extra hard to make sure this one doesn't get neglected!!! You're lucky that you had more time in between your second daughter and Jake--he'll get spoiled!!!

TGal, way to go with supernanny!!!! Sounds like it's going great. You're probably right about it being easier to not work from home--for me, ignorance is bliss!!! I get a full report of what Lily is doing from daycare and they take lots of pictures so that makes me feel better since I can't physically be there. I actually told them NOT to tell me if she hit some milestone and I wasn't there to see it!!!! Fortunately, the first time she crawled was at home and she walked at her first birthday party at daycare and DH and I were both there to see those first steps! But it's great that you're right there and can check up on her (and the nanny) whenever you want. And she's cleaning?? You have it made, enjoy it!!!!!!
1.gif

msb, yay for a good MMR experience!!! Lily handled hers pretty well too. The only thing I'll warn you about is that about a week later, she got a red bump on her leg near the injection site. It looked like a mosquito bite and got redder before it faded a few days later. I know they say these reactions are normal so I wasn't too worried but it came a week after the fact so I was a little bit surprised that it took so long.

lili, those photos are too darn cute!!!!! Love the black and white one--the clip looks great! What amazing hair!!!!

Tacori, good for you for having date night!! You need that every now and then. DH and I are going out to dinner on Thursday and I'm soooooo excited. We are having Lily's old daycare teacher (who also moonlights as our babysitter) come and watch her. I hope it doesn't cause a setback for her at her new daycare to see her old teacher but I think it will be ok because it won't be the daycare environment.

And speaking of daycare, I think Lily is turning the corner at her new place!!! She barely cried yesterday and today when DH dropped her off and apparently she did really well during the day yesterday. She didn't cry when I went to pick her up last night and was actually saying bye-bye to everyone. I think by the end of the week, she should be fine! What a relief!!!!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 9:51:02 AM
Author: curlygirl

Regarding posting photos, I''m starting to have second thoughts as well now that Lily''s no longer a baby. I love sharing her with all of you but I do wonder who else lurks here.
I''ve been thinking about this, and I do understand the concern.

I wonder if there is a way to make pictures only visible to those who are logged in? Or is there a way to load them to a ''closed'' gallery where they can only be seen by people who are logged in?

Logging in means there is at least an IP address to identify someone. Not only would it potentially provide more safety in this thread, it might also help diminish some of the other issues seen recently too (lifting photos for use on other sites, etc.)

I''m not a technie, so I don''t know if this is possible, but I''d be interesting in seeing if this is possible.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 9:15:51 PM
Author: mrssalvo

lili, here ya go - jake one month and now...

1monthwithteddy.jpg
OH MY GOSH, has he ever gotten big!!!! and I could just pinch those adorable cheeks!

What a cutie pie, Mrs. S.!
30.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Good morning mommies!

Tacori I saw you posted on that bww thread re: 30 day shred. Are you doing it? I ordered it last night. I need quick hits for strength training since I get plenty of cardio teaching spin classes. I can do anything for a half hour.

What on earth is Keira Knightly wearing on the Today show? a 1980''s inpired print peg legged puffy pantsuit? OMG say it isn''t so!! Some clothes just need to die.

Good God.

Lili: J is adorable. Look at all that hair!

Alison: I think its worth looking into, but I think this is just part of being on the net, much like we put ourselves in potential danger every time we leave the house, but no one thinks of it.

Ahhh..my kids are still in bed....ahhhh..one more cup of coffee and then I''ll get them up.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 11:50:48 AM
Author: divergrrl

Alison: I think its worth looking into, but I think this is just part of being on the net, much like we put ourselves in potential danger every time we leave the house, but no one thinks of it.
I agree that it''s just part of being on the net, but that means the options right now are either don''t post at all or post for the entire whacko world to see.

I think it''s worth exploring ways that might help mitigate the risk so it isn''t an "all or nothing" proposition so that people can be comfortable sharing the pictures we all love without assuming undue risk.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 11:22:19 AM
Author: Allison D.

Date: 9/8/2008 9:51:02 AM
Author: curlygirl

Regarding posting photos, I''m starting to have second thoughts as well now that Lily''s no longer a baby. I love sharing her with all of you but I do wonder who else lurks here.
I''ve been thinking about this, and I do understand the concern.
I''ve worried about lurkers seeing my kids'' photos and that''s why I haven''t posted any. A few years back, I did post some and then asked Leonard to have them removed just to be on the safe side. My other concern besides strangers is what if someone I know recognizes my kids and then reads my posts and reads stuff I don''t want people I know to read!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Squee! lili, she is so pretty! Look at her perfect little features, oh my. I actually like that clip in all the ways you have it...it must be so nice to have hair. And wow, I''m impressed with how well she can sit up!

Diver, yeah, I know...which is why I really want to enjoy her now before she realizes I am bad cop! That rice bowl clip cracked me up too!

mrss, love the the comparison pics...wow, you were really good with those and it IS really cool to see the growth. Holy smokes...our babies are growing up so fast.

Burk, msb, lili, Tacori, Curly, thanks for the sympathies. Amelia is napping right now and I went downstairs to find my nanny going to town cleaning my stove. So I am really starting to warm up to the idea.
9.gif

msb, VERY glad to hear K survived the MMR shot just fine. Yay!!!

Tacori, did you like Dark Knight? TGuy and I still want to see it. So glad you had a date night!!

Curly, I''m relieved myself to hear it is starting to get easier with daycare...hopefully by the end of the week all will be good!!!

Alj, I wish we could do something like that (I''ve seen other forums do it) but we all know we''re on a public forum and take the lumps with the good, I guess. Have you sent a request to the mods? If not, I can do so....

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 3:05:29 AM
Author: lili
She really doesn''t have that much hair.
Here''s one of her with her hair wet.
btw lili, is that you? It''s the closest I think we have come to seeing your face and if it is you, you''re so cute!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Tgal OMG, i luv the clips and i luv how there is a clip trend starting among the PS girlies. I think the brown-onsie club gals now need to adorn themselves with mathching clips.
Glad Amelia likes the nanny. I didn''t realize your place had two levels. I was wondering how you were going to keep yourself out of view all day!

MrsS. I love the comparison b/w the two jake pics. When he reaches a year you need to buy one of those really long picture frames, re-print the photos at a smaller size and display them side by side. I think it will be an adorable way to document his first year.

Lili--my goodness is Jadie ever beautiful--seriously, she is just perfection. And is she sitting up?! That''s crazy. Put that child in gymnastics or something, her motor skills are GOOD! Waaaay better than Co.

Tacori--i saw dark knight--creeeepy but good. Charlie luved it. Didn''t it feel nice to be out of the house without so much gear in tow. That''s what makes me happy when i go out solo--so quick and effortless. Only have to carry a purse...

Thanks to everyone re: the sleeping advice (burk, i''ll try the multiple paci trick, Tacori--i remember Tessa''s troubles so i hope Co decides to ''snap'' out of it at some point too. I''ve tried the 15 min rule many times--keep hoping it''ll work some night. No one slept last night and naps didn''t happen either so we''re tryin it all! Charlie thinks teething, i still think paci--could be a double whammy??!)

i''ll try to get a feeding pic up as promised....

here he is getting super excied (flails his arms and legs when he sees me with his bowl and spoon, so funny)

eatingco2.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
lili- love the pics of little J...that black and white one is frameworthy!

allison: thanks for chiming in. He really is gettig big and I think he''s pretty darn cute too..I''m not bias of course
9.gif
I do think there are ways to make things only visiable to those logged in but I''m not sure if you could just isolate pictures. I''m not a techie either.

MC-I don''t really say anything on here that I would care if someone did recognize my kid and put two and two together but I can see how some people want to remain anonyomous and any pics might lead someone to finding out who you are. I completely respect and understand why people don''t want to post pics of themselves or their children. I would be very sad though if all the mommies who we went through their pregnancies/births etc. didn''t post or stopped b/c I really love seeing the pictures of the little ones. I guess everyone just has to do what they feel comfortable doing.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
and here he is happy happy in anticipation of a mouthful of cereal....
9.gif

eatingco.jpg

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
oh, forgot to mention
see Cohen''s little bracelet? It''s baltic amber and it is supposed to help with teething. The women i bought it from own''s a ''green baby'' boutique and swears that they worked (she used them with 3 kids and never had to used tylenol etc.) and has heard similar claims from many other moms--who knows, worth a try.

Here''s a link to some info if anyone is interested
linky

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas- i'm sorry you're still having sleep issues
7.gif
Jake was up twice last night but did do one 5 hour stretch so it's okay...not great but okay..

love the pics of cohen...he is just so cute!!!

ETA: love how excited and happy he is getting his food...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas12, sorry you had a rough night again. I also liked "Dark Knight" *but* I wished I has watched the first one before we went. I couldn''t remember certain things. Co is so adorable. Looks like he loves his food.

Curly, have a great date night. I am sure she''ll love to see her old daycare teacher again. Glad things are doing better at her new place. AND you are weeks away from meeting your new daughter! So crazy!

Alison, that is a great idea. Have no idea how that kind of stuff works but I am sure Ali and Andrey would understand your idea.

Diver, I have been using "Cardio Max" so I haven''t started it yet. I have heard it is hard.

TGal, I did like it (we both did). They are such an improvement from the old, silly ones. It is long. 2.5 hours so be prepared. We didn''t have much time before for dinner so we hit up Wendy''s. SOOOO romantic. Haha!

So it is almost 2 pm here and Tessa has not taken a nap yet
20.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 12:03:40 PM
Author: Allison D.

Date: 9/9/2008 11:50:48 AM
Author: divergrrl

I agree that it''s just part of being on the net, but that means the options right now are either don''t post at all or post for the entire whacko world to see.

I think it''s worth exploring ways that might help mitigate the risk so it isn''t an ''all or nothing'' proposition so that people can be comfortable sharing the pictures we all love without assuming undue risk.
I''ve been lurking on this thread (kind of), but I just wanted to chime in and say that while I don''t know how to do it myself, it definitely is possible. Many message boards and forums have that rule. Often you can still see the text, but the picture is hidden unless you are logged in.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tgal~Sounds like I need to get me a nanny because I'm paying daycare AND a cleaning lady!
40.gif

lili~LOVE the clip pics. The B&W is also my favorite. I think they look ADORABLE!!!

Tacori~I would seriously try and make a trip to Chicago work. Plane tickets there are sometimes super cheap, too (like $99 round trip) so I could maybe go that route. I would so like to meet you and T and some other PS mommies! Yay for a night out. I always feel guilty, too. Can't help it. What's this about Tessa not taking a nap yet? Is she trying to get into a one nap schedule?

mrss~The side-by-side is so cute! He really does look the same, but older. So cute. T doesn't even look like the same baby as her 1 month (her hair changed from brown to blond so that may be why)

msb~Glad the shot went well!

Curly~Glad things are getting better with drop off. I'm sure Lily will have a great time with her teacher while you and DH are having a night out.

Diver~Seriously some of the things some celebrities wear has me thinking WTF!!! (Some of my students have me wondering too.....why are boys wearing skinny jeans????)

Jas12~Cute pics of Co! He looks like he is really loving the cereal. Sorry the sleep thing doesn't seem to be getting any better. If it may be teething have you tried teething tablets or motrin before bed just to see if it gets any better?

I ordered Tayva a Halloween costume today....it was so hard to decide. I just got one from Old Navy because they were on sale and I was ordering some other stuff for my nephew for Christmas and my future nephew for when my SIL has him (also ordered T some stuff. I'm soo bad)

Oh, and re: seeing pics. I have seen some forums where you have to be logged in to see pics. I would appreciate something like that. I love sharing pics with you guys but I do see a safety concern at a certain point.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
TGal, sounds like you hit the jackpot with your new nanny. That''s wonderful! I''d love someone to come clean my bathroom cause DH doesn''t!
3.gif

Diver, thank you! I am in the home stretch so it''s not too bad!

lili, the clips look so cute on J!

msb, I''m glad K is doing well after his shot!

Tacori, glad you had a date night!

curly, so glad to hear about Lily adjusting to her new daycare! Now you don''t have to worry about her. Can''t believe your baby will be here soon!

Alj, that''s a great idea and worth looking into. I hope it can be done.

Jas12, I love the feeding picture! It''s so cute! Co looks like he''s enjoying his cereal.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, I''ll let you know the next time I am going up that way. I am thinking late March/April (whenever my mom''s spring break is). Hopefully it will be the same time as yours OR we can obviously meet up during the weekend. I try to avoid WI winters at all cost. Of course I went this past April and of course there was a snow storm
20.gif
I do think T is trying to only take one 2 hour nap a day. Guess there is not much I can do about it (but I don''t like it
5.gif
) I finally put her down at 2:30 (even though she didn''t seem tired) and left her in her crib. She fell asleep on her own.

Snlee, date nights are important even though DH and I have only had a handful in the past 10 months. Enjoy your time NOW!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas, those pics are so cute...he looks SO eager and excited. Great idea to feed him in his bouncy...I may try that. In the bumbo it's way too hard right now. Amelia just isn't interested so I don't want to push it. However, I had to post this...

Thought maybe she might be more interested in something with more flavor (she wasn't). But the way it smeared all over her, she looks like such the villiain!!! (and I feel OK posting this because obviously she is in "disguise"...hehehe)

IMG_1516a.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Continuing...

Jas, maybe it is teething? Between 4-7 months is average right? We are right in the thick of things now...

Tacori, at least it''s a good solid nap right? I hear ya though...I will mourn the day when she stops taking 3 naps. I LOVE the 3 naps system. And I hear ya on the quick eats....we had to do that too when we watched the Indiana Jones movie...no time for dinner AND a movie. No way!

Burk, can''t wait to see the costume!!

snlee, tell me about it...she''s really good so far. We took a trip to the market and I told her to buy whatever cleaning supplies she liked. She bought SO much stuff. I''m sitting there wondering, good god woman, what exactly are you planning on cleaning???

You''ll be joining us here soon snlee!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tgal- i LOVE that pic of her. that is just hilariously wonderful...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results