shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommies Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal, Ame looks great in those! She is so cute. I personally am a less is more kinda gal so I would not do the crystals.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I just want to kiss her! TGal, she''s such an adorable little girl. Must be an Amelia thing!

Jen

snlee

Ideal_Rock
TGal, Amelia looks so cute wearing the clips! Love them! I like them just the way they are so another vote for no crystals.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Snap N Go Moms... Do any of you see a big difference between brands with these? Swan makes a double snap and go that is a bit cheaper than the baby trend one but I can''t find reviews of it. Anyone have an opinion on whether it matters?

lili

Ideal_Rock
TGal
Amelia look so cute with the clips!
Can't wait to see what the others look like.
The butterfly does look like it just flutters and lands on her head.

Not all the rectangular clips are upside down.
I saw one that was in the right direction, so I didn't look further when I ordered the flower on a background
15.gif

It is still cute though.
The snowman is right side up.

Anyway, my family (except for DH) didn't like the clips on her
15.gif

I guess it looks funny with her bangs clipped down flat and part of her hair still sticks up
9.gif

May have to wait until all her hair lay flat down.

ETA: forgot to say I vote for leaving the clips as is.
As much as I love those swarvoski crystals, I don't think it'll go well with the felt.
You can have her do one on a plain clip for you
41.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Evening all....

MrsM, Amelia looks like such a doll in those pics. What a good girl to sit there like that at only 3.5 months....wow!! You''ll have to post before and after pics! Too funny about the applesauce!

As for the clips...they can be pulled out, but it would take a bit of effort. They don''t seem to slide out or anything, so I haven''t tried to really pull at them as I feel like it would hurt her! I only put them on her when we''re going out and probably won''t put it on her when she''s in the carseat. Only when supervised, basically. But so far, Amelia doesn''t even seem to notice them...

And I like them so much, I went and just bought 3 more (the rest of the butterfly colors and one more flower). I know, I''m a freak, but I''m frugal in plenty of other ways so I don''t mind splurging here and there when I find something that works.

Jas, I know...I don''t think that TGuy was totally serious but I do think he wishes she''d sleep from 7 to 7 without a peep 100% of the time. Even adults have some nights that are better than others. That''s cute what Charlie said...but I do feel bad for you. Hang in there...I remember Tessa started sleeping through the night at 6 months and Tacori thought it might be a fluke because of her shots, but it stuck! Sometimes I think it just happens!

MrsS, I''ll probably follow your plan of action. TGuy knows I post pics on here so while I''ll curb it down a tad, I would like to keep sharing. No one in real life seems to care as much, but here it seems like everyone genuinely loves sharing and seeing pics.

QT, you are lucky! Meena is doing great! The party looked great and Meena is so adorable smiling. Awww. Smiles are the best, "real" or not!

Diver, so you gave me my laugh for the day...I SO LOVE the cheeezzz! I hope Amelia likes cheeezzzz...

Princess, so delighted to hear this thread is helping you out! How great that you and your man can bring discuss these types of topics...you are putting yourself ahead of the game. I think all of us here said it''s not always fun and games, but we all totally have a case of exploding heart when we look at our kids (providing our eyes are not drooping from exhaustion, hehehe). I can honestly say that since Amelia was 6 weeks old, I really focused on enjoying her...I get sad when I think she won''t be a baby for very long and it''s such a precious, joyous moment in a long life. I would highly recommend having kids to anyone sitting on the fence with full disclosure that insane worrying starts from the moment you get that BFP.

Tacori, that is awesome to know that babycenter has good CS. I am loving shopping online for Amelia (because I detest B&M shopping). I''ll bought stuff at babycenter too, but never had an issue where I had to test them out.

RE: the crystals...yeah, you know, I think I''m going to leave them as is. I love sparklies (don''t we all) but I think it will take away from the cuteness of it. I''d still consider the flower because it will be so simple, but I''m for sure leaving the butterflies alone.

neatfreak, there might be a difference...if it''s poorly made, it could start falling apart easier. Babytrend''s had a lot of reviews of wheels coming off but Tacori never had an issue with hers and I have not an issue with Graco''s.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2008 11:31:47 PM
Author: TravelingGal
And I like them so much, I went and just bought 3 more (the rest of the butterfly colors and one more flower). I know, I''m a freak, but I''m frugal in plenty of other ways so I don''t mind splurging here and there when I find something that works.

9.gif
Are you still going to get the garden and ducky ones when they restock?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2008 11:24:46 PM
Author: lili
TGal
Amelia look so cute with the clips!
Can't wait to see what the others look like.
The butterfly does look like it just flutters and lands on her head.

Not all the rectangular clips are upside down.
I saw one that was in the right direction, so I didn't look further when I ordered the flower on a background
15.gif

It is still cute though.
The snowman is right side up.

Anyway, my family (except for DH) didn't like the clips on her
15.gif

I guess it looks funny with her bangs clipped down flat and part of her hair still sticks up
9.gif

May have to wait until all her hair lay flat down.

ETA: forgot to say I vote for leaving the clips as is.
As much as I love those swarvoski crystals, I don't think it'll go well with the felt.
You can have her do one on a plain clip for you
41.gif
I missed this post...I guess we were posting at the same time...

Yup, the animal clips seems to be right side up. I think it's just the flowers.

You have to post pics of J's hair...dying to see it! I'm sorry the rest of your family didn't like it, but isn't DH the only one who matters? And you too, of course. I bet it looks totally cute.

ETA, I may get the garden, pink and white flowers. No more rectangular ones for me, although I could be persuaded to get the ladybug!

lili

Ideal_Rock
True, DH is probably the only who really matters, but then DH doesn''t really have good taste. LOL.
I''ll try to snap some pix tomorrow.

Anyway, you should totally get the ladybug.
I just love love that one....it really seems to pop and it is so girly too.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
hello ladies! wow this thread has been hopping :)...i''ve been just really busy with Ramadhan and the shift of time and im just so exhausted!!!

anyhoo..i''ll try to catch up with everyone :) (apologies if i miss anyone out)...

Khalid & Cheese: Gave him some string cheese..didnt like it ONE bit...he scrunched up his face and almost started to gag...i think the texture of the cheese didnt sit well with him..ill keep trying though with different kinds of cheese and see wat works..

Khalid & rice: i gave him rice (normal not pureed) with some yogurt and he ate it all!! yay for meeeeee!!!
36.gif

ella: Thanks for the sweet potato tip..will try it over the weekend...

curly: thanks for the tips...K LOVES yogurt and can eat it all day long if i let him...

Tacori: K has quite a set of teeth on him, but the problem i''ve realized is that hes learned to swallow his food straight...doesn''t try to chew it...so even though hes got some teeth, he doesnt chew much...though he IS trying and i can tell he''s trying to learn how to eat things..he is also much better in controlling himself that if he feels like hes going to gag, he tries to swallow to keep down...

i also LOOOOVE ur square/circle paintings.... its amazing honestly!!! u REALLY should start up again and just work form home...AMAZING work and if this is how it is if ur out of practice, then i can only imagine how amazing it will be after uve got some practice..

Jas12: thats an interesting idea about having different thread with age groups...im sorry ur having such a rough time with Co
7.gif
...i recall how hard of a time Tacori had at the beginning as well and look how beautifully Tessa is sleeping now..there IS a lite at the end of the tunnel and things will work out ...

lili: i''m not sure if the MMR is totally egg-free, but i do know that the traces of egg protein in the MMR is much much less than before...he''s got his appointment today...i am not looking forward to it at all
7.gif

i LOOOVE that pic of J!! sooooo cute!!! and also K had the exact same onsie!!! hehehe its from carter''s right??? and i can''t wait to see some pics of her with the clip!

TGal: love the pics!! Amelia is just sooooo cute with those clips! adorable...i would opt out of having some crystals..i dunno..i feel they just take away from the innocence of those clips :) hehehe..plus id be worried if the glue DIDNT stick as well as it should...

MrsM: awww!! so cute...i can''t believe how well behaved she was and was sitting there getting her hair cut!!! K REFUSES to sit still and i cut his hair on my own at home..and let me tell u, i DONT do a good job out of it!! but since its curly, my bad work kinda gets lost int curls..hahahah....

too funny about the apple sauce!! heheh..

QT: such a cute pic of M smiling!! and ur looking great urself as well :)..glad to hear that the rash is getting better...

diver: OH MY GOD!!! loveeeee those cheeky smile!! dont they just crack u up??? i recall when K went thru a similar phase...hahahahah....those pics are just priceless..shes such a sweet little girl...

how''d ur day water skiing go???

Snlee: not much to go and ull be joining us here :) hope ur feeling better..

Princess: I''m glad that this thread is helping provide u with some insight...if u have any specific questions u''d like to ask me (and im sure the other mommies here) will be more than glad to tell u exactly how it is..no sugar coating =D...it helps to know the reality of wat ur getting into and i totally agree that hearing some of the ''downsides'' of being a mom really prepared me to wat it was i was expecting and when i did go thru those long sleepless nites, it didnt come as a total shock coz i knew that things like this DID happen...

okay,,,i think ive answered everyone (again apologies if ive left anyone out)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas12, it is true T was never a sleeper until something "clicked" at 6 months. I always assumed it was because she was small for her size so she got hungry before a baby who was bigger. Now she goes 12 hours but that is not to say I never hear her waking up. I usually hear her start to cry a few times a night *BUT* it only lasts for a minute or two. Since 6 months I have been doing the 15 minute rule and she is hardly ever still upset after 15 minutes. So I guess we BOTH have become trained. I don''t rush in there and she puts *herself* back to sleep.

Msb, interesting about K never learning to use his teeth. T does chew even though she only have two lonely teeth. It''s kind of funny to watch. I agree once he learns how to chew, eating will be MUCH easier for him. Glad he liked rice. What about noodles? Thanks for the compliments on my paintings. Someday I''ll have time to paint again. Haha.

princesss, I am glad this thread has helped you. Having children is a HUGE decision and I do think sometimes people rush it. I don''t think you will find much hiding on here
2.gif
It''s hard work. Sometimes I wish I could just have a day to myself. ONE DAY. But whenever I am tired, bored, feel fat, etc...one look at T makes all the "bad" stuff disappear. She is so funny and really a delight. (She is dancing and watching "blue''s clues" right now).
9.gif
Whatever you decide about having kids has to be right for you.

Neatfreak, I have 2 baby trends (my local BRU only sells baby trend and graco) and have NO problems. One I have been using since she was born, the other since she was a few months old. That think has been thrown in trunks, thrown on airplanes, and it''s still like new. Can you test drive one?

Lili, the clips are so cute I cannot believe your family doesn''t like them? I agree only your DH matters anyways. I bet J looks great!

TGal, I will be sad when you don''t post pictures anymore but I totally understand. It''s hard not to feel somewhat attached to these babies! I mean most of you I knew about your whole pregnancies and now your kids...I feel like you guys are family.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori, your artwork is amazing. I am so not creative. I really envy people that are so talented.

Mrs M, cuuuute photos!!!! Lily still hasn''t had a haircut (she''s 16 months old already!) and DH keeps bugging me about it but I just can''t bring myself to do it yet! Amelia looks like she was such a good girl during the process!

snlee, thanks for the good thoughts about Lily. Friday was a better day when I went to pick her up. She cried for about a minute and then I told her to "high five" the other kids and the teacher before we left and she did! It was pretty cute to see these little munchkins who are under 3 feet tall all high fiving each other and saying "bye bye"! I made DH drop her off this morning and haven''t gotten the report yet of how she did. I think the weekend was probably a set back but she''s going to have to get used to it at some point!

q, the party looks like it was so great!!! Meena is definitely smiling in that photo!!!!

diver, LOVE D''s cheeeeezzzzz face!! Lily has been doing something like that but she stops as soon as I pull out the camera. These kids are goofy!

TGal, LOVE the Amela photos! The clips are just toooo cute!!!! I agree with Tacori about the crystals--less may be more in this case.

lili, we HAVE to see some photos of J with the hair clips!

Regarding posting photos, I''m starting to have second thoughts as well now that Lily''s no longer a baby. I love sharing her with all of you but I do wonder who else lurks here. I''ll definitely post pics of the new baby and probably sneak if a few more of Lily from time to time but I guess once they are past the baby stage it becomes more of something to think about.

Splitting threads again? I''m up for anything. I guess we''ll just wait and see how it goes when all the new babies arrive.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
diver- those pics of Delaney are just the cutest things ever. she''s just a beautiful little girl, even when cheezin.
3.gif

tacori-i''m sad that we ended up having to move too. I''m doing ok, but really miss my mom and sister. the company that my hubby was supposed to work for still thinks it could happen so who knows, we may end up back south. I''m in Indy now, not too far from Chicago so if you''re ever back up this way we could always meet up then.

tgal- the pics of Amelia with the clips are darling. I sent my sister the link to the giddygiddy site b/c my guess is she''ll want to order some for her daughter..i sent her a copy of your glowing detailed review too..

so, Jake is 5 months today...he''s my little man with Mr. Bear...

teddyandJ5mo.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
and here is with his bestest friend..our doggie. they just LOVE each other..

bestbuddies5mo.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Quick drive by....I have a ton of papers to grade.
7.gif

Tgal~LOVE Amelia''s barrettes. So funny you already ordered more...I think I will too, when I have a minute!

Diver~Miss D is a beautiful cheese, as usual! Such cute pics. Hope you are enjoying family time. I loved it when my DH took time off during the summer so we could all just hang out together.

Mrsm~Those haircut pics are absolutely priceless!! I love them. And, I''m soooo jealous that she has that much gorgeous hair. Oh, and pulling the barrettes out scared me too. They really are pretty hard to get out and I just take them out for naps. Other than that I''m supervising so if she does get one out I''ll be able to get it before it makes it to her mouth (I hope!
2.gif
).

Tacori~I agree with Curly on the Ebay store. I know I''m kind of crazy for planning T''s big girl room already but with us planning to start trying in February it has me thinking what we''ll do with her room.....I LOVE to decorate. I''d so buy some of your paintings. You are so talented. I can barely draw stick figures. My students laugh at me often.

curly~Glad things are progressing with Lily and daycare. It''s a process and it sounds like she''s starting to settle in.

jas~Sorry for the sleepless nights. Hope things are getting better. I know curly mentioned it, but we also have a couple pacis in T''s crib so if she does wake up she can just put one in. She surprised me and wiggled to one in her crib and put it in as early as 5 months! Just a thought.

lili~I agree with the others, we NEED pics of J and her barrettes!!

My weekend blew by with the tourney (it was out of town)and then trying to get caught up with laundry and stuff at home when we got back Saturday night. DH brought T to watch volleyball Saturday morning and she was awesome. She didn''t fuss once and actually sat still on his lap when she needed to.

I''ll be back to try and catch up more later. Must work now.

16.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Mrss~We must have been posting at the same time...cute pics! I can''t believe how big he''s getting!!!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
msb, K has such gorgeous curls! I''d be scared to cut them, but you do a fine job, he looks great!

Curly, I really didn''t want to get her hair cut either but it looked seriously wild! DH took her to his styllist and she just tidied it upa little. Looks much the same but less crazy!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Curly, thanks friend. But don''t worry, art is my *only* talent. Always bad at sports, can''t sing, etc...

Burk, well maybe I will have to open an e-bay store just for my PS friends. You guys would probably keep me busy!
2.gif

MsS, oh Jake is so cute! I love the one with him and your lab. My parents have a yellow lab who was so sweet with T. I am planning on going back to WI in the spring. Maybe we could meet in chicago
9.gif
Jas/Jackie in from Madison. Maybe we can rope her in too!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~Of course us PS ladies would keep you in business! I live a drivable distance to Chicago (7 hrs or so) so I could maybe meet too!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 12:59:53 PM
Author: mrssalvo
and here is with his bestest friend..our doggie. they just LOVE each other..
Mrs. Salvo, I love this picture!!!!! So cute!!!! Jake is a doll!

Diver, D, is so funny, what a little ham! hehe

qtiekiki, your family is so beautiful!!!

Ella, the twins are so big and adorable!!

TGAL, Amelia, is beautiful!

Mrs. Mitchell, wow, so much hair, she is adorable!

All the baby's are sooooo cute!
30.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
msb
Khalid. Is that little K''s name?
At first, I was wondering what type of food is Khalid
41.gif

Glad to hear that he''s liking rice and yogurt.

Hope the appt went well today.

Curly
That''s great that the morning good-byes are getting easier for Lily (and you :)
Sounds like she''s making lots of friends at the new place already.

MrsS
Isn''t Jake a handsome little devil
5.gif

He is just a cutie.
30.gif
30.gif
the shot of him and his bestest friends.

You''ll have to repost his first month mr bear picture side-by-side to this month or maybe the next month.
He''s grown so much, but I want to see the differences.

RE: posting pictures.
I''m with MrsS and TGal, I''ll probably post until she''s one.
Yup Tacori, PS mommies are the greatest. I feel the same way too.
I think you guys probably know and see more of Jadie than my IRL friends.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, someone kill me...

New nanny started today and Amelia likes her fine. I hear them downstairs right now and Amelia is in the jumperoo squealing with delight and the nanny is great playing with her. I am so happy all is turning out well but my heart just hurts that I am up here working (and hiding from the kid so she doesn''t learn to expect I am at her disposal, which could be a problem later) and not down there enjoying her squeals of laughter.

It could be worse. She could be screaming and hating the nanny! But gosh, how do you ladies who actually work at an office do it? Maybe it''s easier because you don''t hear all the fun going on?
39.gif

You gals have convinced me...I will not add crystals to the clips. I did email the vendor directly today because I read somewhere you can buy direct and ask for bulk discounts. I wouldn''t mind buying a ton more to give out as gifts as our group is in the middle of a baby boom. I''ll let you all know what the "discount" is...waiting to hear back.

Tacori, I totally understand...I would be sad if I couldn''t see pics of Tessa and the rest anymore. But as mom''s, I think we all would be kosher with the decision. Doesn''t make it any less of a bummer.
15.gif

Curly, sounds like things are progressing. Hope Lily is doing better this week. And I agree with you...she''s such a cutie that it''s probably a good idea to temper down the pics. Totally looking forward to plenty of the new daughter though!!

MrsS, what a handsome boy Jake is. You know, I feel like he was like that from when he was born. Normally babies look totally different later on, but Jake still looks the same, know what I mean? Same, but getting more handsome, if that makes sense. You''re also so good about his monthly pics. For Amelia''s 5 month, I just shot photos while she was in a diaper after her first rice cereal feed. We are GHE-TTO.

More later...

snlee

Ideal_Rock
MrsS, Jake is such a handsome little boy! I love the picture of him with your doggie! So precious!

TGal, I am glad you found a great nanny and it''s working out but it must be difficult for you. I can''t even imagine what you''re going through. It breaks my heart thinking about going back to work.
7.gif
Lots of hugs to you!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 6:12:59 PM
Author: snlee
MrsS, Jake is such a handsome little boy! I love the picture of him with your doggie! So precious!

TGal, I am glad you found a great nanny and it''s working out but it must be difficult for you. I can''t even imagine what you''re going through. It breaks my heart thinking about going back to work.
7.gif
Lots of hugs to you!
Honestly snlee, I can''t complain...I am so blessed in more ways than I can count. But it still doesn''t stop the little ache in your heart. I never thought I would want to be a SAHM.
15.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK...now she''s cleaning the bathroom while Amelia is sleeping. Never had anyone clean my house before...which explains the state that it is in. Hm...could get used to this....

BTW, the nanny is LOVING that she can put Amelia down for a nap and walk away. She told me she worked for someone with 15 month old twins and the mother would not let the boys sleep in the crib, so the nanny had to hold both babies in her arms while they slept. Obviously, my nanny is STRONG.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
MrsS: Jake is such a sweetie. Love the shot of him kissing his doggie. I love the doggie & kid moments.

Curly: Getting closer!

Snlee: I did not know you were on bedrest! I am soo sorry! Here''s to waiting it out with out getting too bored.

Tgal: OMG...those clips are adorable. I''m ordering some! My friend had the same feeling as you re: her nanny, but with her 3.5 year old daughter. She said it kills her to hear her daughter laugh w/ her nanny, but stop as soon as mommy walks in the room. We have this conversation (and you''ll see this as A gets older) that you are busy being the "cop" in the house, and paying bills, doing laundry, making dr. appts etc... that it''s easy to get busy & consumed with the logistics of childrearing & running a household--and we don''t make that much time to have fun with our kids. So much time gets spent disciplining etc...but its really hard to remember to stop, and just have fun...let the little things go. (dishes, laundry, etc)

BPA and stuff...so I got those Podee self feeding bottle kits (cuz my child won''t hold her own bottle in hte car etc) and it wound up being the COOLEST thing ever. Sooooo....I went from thinking it didn''t matter that the bottles had BPA in them because we would rarely use them, to using them about 1x a day. So I went to Target & bought the cheapie BPA-free Evenflo 3pack of bottles for $2.99 and they fit my Podee system. SCORE! (I took the whole kit n kaboodle in with me to see if I find a compatible bottle).

well...d is crying...I gotta go see what''s the hub with the bub....

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I really like etsy for handmade stuff.

I just did a seach on clips and came up with all of these. the blue bird & rice bowl CRACK ME UP!

http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_type=tag_title&search_query=hairclips

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tgal- Jake is my 3rd and the only one I''ve been good about the monthly pics. I''ve got a ton of pics of my first and they are all in scrapbooks but nothing that really charts her growth over the first year. then, with my second I was in a daze and we switched to our digital camera and most of my pics of her are still on my computer. I''m hoping to get scrapbooks done for her at somepoint. So with jake, i don''t take nearly as many pics as I did of my first, but at least I can have a monthly pic in the same setting with the bear.

I totally know how you feel. I still worked somem part-time after I had my first and my heart just broke. Wait until you have to send them off to school
39.gif
My oldest always had a hard time saying goodbye and would cry. Lily is totally the opposite and just kinda waves and is off to play. Part of me wanted her to be a little more upset that I was leaving her
41.gif
But, it really is comforting when you know your baby is being well cared for and having fun. and since you''re working a bit, you will make an effort to really play with her when you can so the quality time will be higher than maybe some of us who have the quantity of time...if that makes sense...

lili, here ya go - jake one month and now...

1monthwithteddy.jpg

090809ja.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Don''t have much time....need to get some sleep. But wanted to say TGal, I can totally relate. Honestly I think it would be worse for me if I heard her having fun. I think being busy at work and not having to think about what I''m missing is the only way I make it through each day. When I go visit her at lunch I want to cry when I leave (even though she is so not interested in me after a while and just wants to "play" with her friends
20.gif
) because all I can think about is how I would rather be spending my time with her. Honestly, it did get easier for me over time, but I don''t have to be in the same house as her. That has to be so hard.
15.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
MrsS
OMG, look at how much Jake has grown.
Mr Bear was so much bigger than him at his one-month.

You are so good with your monthly photo.
I wished I''d put more effort into it.

Hehe, I hear you on the digital camera thing.
Digital cameras really make us lazy about getting our pictures developed and scrapbooked.
My honeymoon pix are still on the computer and it''s been 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results