shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommies Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Curly
Awwww....sorry to hear that Lily and you are having such a rough time with the new daycare.
But it sounds like the people at the new daycare are really good...and she''s in good hands.
Hope she adjusts to the new place soon and before #2 comes.

Wow, can''t believe you are just weeks away!
How exciting. Can''t wait to see another little curlygirl.
Wonder if she''ll be a mini version of you this time :)

TGal
Hehe, Amelia will be so cute as a sweetpea or a lady bug.
Can''t wait to see what you decide.
I''m still searching the internet for a cute costume for J.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2008 4:51:50 PM
Author: ellaila
Linda, those costumes are adorable! I am def. going to get G & K dressed up for Halloween, I'm just not sure what yet. Haven't thought about it too much yet, but I suppose I better start! Our town does one of those townwide trick-or-treating days where all the kids go trick-or-treating in the downtown area one afternoon, and I am so bummed about that. I'm still taking them house to house on Halloween night though, darnit! I hate that kids can't even celebrate Halloween anymore. Going store to store in the middle of the afternoon - and not even on Oct. 31, mind you! - is just so so wrong to me.

That's so sad.
Part of the fun of trick-or-treating is going from house to house and admiring the different decorations.
I hate those mall-type trick-or-treating where they hire some guy to basically just throw out all the candies to the mob of children.
People are just not too into the Halloween spirit anymore -- either the porch light is off or they ran out of candy @ 5pm.
It was so pathetic that my nieces stopped going 2 years ago.

Eeek about the fan cords.
Wish I have a solution for you.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2008 12:33:44 AM
Author: lili

So what is Tessa going to be?
You like dots...the only thing that come to mind is a M&M
41.gif
OK, this made me totally laugh out loud. Tessa would make a cute M&M.
1.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2008 1:15:08 PM
Author: TravelingGal
OK, gonna post some pics. First is a side by side of A and MrsS''s niece. Even I gotta say, it''s pretty freaky...proof positive that my kid looks way more white than Korean! (Or MrsS''s niece must have stealth Korean in her). MrsS, tell your sis her daughter''s got a twin!

Hehe, you probably don''t want to hear this TGal, but I think MrsS niece does look more Korean than Amelia
9.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2008 1:36:48 PM
btw, lili, which site did you buy the clips from? I can keep you in the loop when mom4life puts in their restock order...

I got them from mom4life.
I wasn't going to pay S&H for those things
9.gif

Hehe, love the first solid pictures.
She's eating like a champ.
J has unfortunately regressed with her rice cereal.
She doesn't take to it as eagerly as the first 3 weeks.

lili

Ideal_Rock
MrsS
Welcome back, we missed you and Jake!
Jake is eating like a champ too!

And your niece is just precious.
Love her itty bitty little mouth
5.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha lili...anyone looks more Korean than my girl!

And you''re not alone...it almost seems like Amelia is rejecting it completely. I''m just going to take it slow and enjoy. She''s still barfing up formula when she coughs though.
40.gif
How''s J doing with spitup?

lili

Ideal_Rock
TGal
Forgot to say....love that Amelia eats in the buff
3.gif

I wanted to do that do, but DH nixed the idea.
He hates it when his little girl is semi-dressed.

Guess it's more bibs and clothes for him to wash then.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, and TGuy came home tonight and said "that was freaky" to the pics of mrssalvo''s niece and Amelia. He said, did you post that pic of Amelia online? I said yes. He seemed to think it was the first time I posted her pic. Oops. He said he would prefer if I don''t, so I think I''m going to have to curb it a bit.
15.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2008 1:41:01 AM
Author: lili
TGal
Forgot to say....love that Amelia eats in the buff
3.gif

I wanted to do that do, but DH nixed the idea.
He hates it when his little girl is semi-dressed.

Guess it''s more bibs and clothes for him to wash then.
lili, I remember Tacori''s pics when Tessa started eating solids. I just knew it was going to be a crazy mess so I made the executive decision to go nekkid.

I should have been nekkid. Today she blew into the spoon, spraying my face/body with formula. Niiiiiiiice.

lili

Ideal_Rock
J's spitup is a bit under control.
She'll have her usual hiccup here and there
and an occassional tsp of spit and curdled milk.

I think it was the soymilk that's causing her to throw up before.
I've refrained from soymilk for the last 2 weeks and her threw up is almost gone.
I'll probably drink it next week and see if she started to throw up again to see if it is indeed the soymilk.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2008 1:42:01 AM
Oh, and TGuy came home tonight and said 'that was freaky' to the pics of mrssalvo's niece and Amelia. He said, did you post that pic of Amelia online? I said yes. He seemed to think it was the first time I posted her pic. Oops. He said he would prefer if I don't, so I think I'm going to have to curb it a bit.
15.gif

Haha, I was thinking at first glance. "Why is MrsS posting pix of Amelia?"
Awwee....I love seeing pictures of Amelia.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2008 1:43:45 AM
lili, I remember Tacori's pics when Tessa started eating solids. I just knew it was going to be a crazy mess so I made the executive decision to go nekkid.
I should have been nekkid. Today she blew into the spoon, spraying my face/body with formula. Niiiiiiiice.

Hehe, I hear you.
Probably should just feed her in the tub
2.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
TGal

Oh, happy 5-months to Amelia!
Did you get the clips yet?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, I haven''t gotten the clips yet. Probably Monday or Tuesday...

Glad to hear J''s spit up is under control. Hopefully it was the soy and not a lull. Amelia was fine for two weeks too, and I began to feel really good about it. Then a couple of nights ago, she totally spit up a ton. The next morning, she coughed and it was PROJECTILE. Then today as well. In the last 3 days, she has upchucked at least once a day.
39.gif

I seriously can''t get over how similar the two babies look. They even have the same chin (which isn''t that obvious from the pic I posted) and the same ears! If Amelia''s eyes were still blue, it''d be even freakier....

lili

Ideal_Rock
I hope so too, but I do love my soy milk though
8.gif

Awwwee....poor Amelia.
Hope she feels better soon.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
aw lili, I''m sorry. Hard to give stuff up you like, I know. How long do you plan on BFing?

So you all will enjoy this story....
20.gif

TGuy comes home and sees the two jars of baby food my friend gave me. He tells me (kind of excitedly) that his coworker told him once they start eating solid foods, they sleep through the night.

Huh? I tell him. First, that''s a myth, and second, Amelia already sleeps through the night.

She wakes up, he says to me.

She makes some noise here and there sometimes...we don''t have to get her or feed her or anything, I reply.

She goes to sleep at 7 and sometimes wakes up at 5am, he says. That''s not sleeping through the night.

I tell him that anything over 5 hours is *technically* sleeping through the night - and HELLO...does he realize how lucky we are?

Sheepishly, he conceded, yes, we are lucky.
20.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
TGal
I plan on BFing til a year provided that my milk supply is still there.

Hehe, love your story.
Tell TGuy that Amelia is the envy to most mommies here (except for Diver w/ her sleepers).
We are still dealing with some hourly wakings here.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Anyway, here's a shot of J's fake cry.
One minute she's playing and laughing, and the next, she got this face on, and the next she's ok.

IMG_0287.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
lili, that is so cute. LOL! I wonder what makes them just switch it on and off like that with such drama! Don''t you wonder what goes on inside those little heads?

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Hi Tacori! I''m lurking, but I''m just curious about your circle painting! So did you paint it as an actual tally of the answers and random colors in the order that you received them? Which quadrant represents each category? I don''t want to be to nosey, but I do think it''s a very cool painting. I''m always in awe of painters and other artists! Thanks for sharing!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori, those pics are incredible, I really get the movement from the train - bravo my dear!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh, Lisa that is so sweet. Thank you!

Linda, feels like I painted them 100 years ago! Thanks for your sweet compliment.

Lili, I think (think is just a guess) that a clipper isn''t as dangerous as scissors (as most first haircuts probably are more of a trim). I guess I am lucky b/c people think I cut T''s hair. It is stacked in the back. Haha. Thanks for the clip info. I am guessing I can get them at Target or CVS. She is not going to be an M&M but that would be cute! J''s crying face is so funny.

TGal, sorry you got in "trouble." DH doesn''t seem to care or worry.

sunkist, I painting to colors in order. The top right is the picked the colors out of the hat, the bottom was people''s favorite colors (notice all the green and blue). The top left was the M&Ms and the bottom left was the slot results.

Lorelei, thanks so much!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock

Tacori, I like your paintings very much. Wish I could do something like that!

Haven''t had a chance to catch up with the last few pages, but I thought I''d share pics of Amelia''s first trip to the salon, since we''re talking hair cuts. I planned to leave it alone but it was getting so long it was in her eyes and bothering her. DH took her to the salon and she had just the tiniest trim to tidy it up. I''m scared to put clips in it, since this girl fiddles with her hair all the time and anything she can get in her hand goes straight into her mouth.

sized2jklpssizesd.JPG

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
She sat happily in her bumbo the whole time. She loved the attention.

ami&charliepssizes.JPG

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Sorry - not great quality, they were taken with a cellphone camera. Last onr. She''s only 3.5 months, but she''s developing such a dirty laugh!

pssizedhhh.JPG

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mrs M! Adorable pictures!!!! She is so cute.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Tacori! I think she was a little disappointed we didn''t book her for a manicure, facial and maybe a color treatment while she was ther. She was in her element!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
just a drive-by

tacori--i luv the circle painting. Very cool concept.

lili--sorry to hear J doesn''t like the cereal any longer. Maybe u can mix it with something? Hav u tried that? Is she at least taking a bottle for you now?

Tgal--had to giggle and gasp at Tguy''s response to the baby food and STTN. If he doesn''t think she''s sleeping thru he can stop in at my place and i''ll set him straight
2.gif

Another brutal night at the Jas household. I think i was actually in tears at one point--however i am so bleary eyed i can''t even remember the nights anymore.
Don''t know how this child is so happy during the day?! As i was handing Cohen off to Charlie at 4am in an act of desperation i muttered "iam giving you up for adoption" i heard Charlie whisper back to Co "don''t worry bug, she''ll re-adopt you in the morning"
5.gif
It''s true, he is another kid come 7am
33.gif

he''s napping and so i should try to lay down for a few mins....

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
MrsM--those pics are great! She has beautiful baby hair. And yep, looks like you have a future spa-junkie on your hands :) how cute

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results