shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommies Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
lili, J''s fake cry picture is funny.

MrsM, cute pictures of A getting her hair cut! She looks like she''s really enjoying it!

Jas12, I''m sorry you are having brutal sleepless nights with Co. I hope it gets better soon and you can get some sleep.

curly, meant to say earlier that Lily''s daycare situation breaks my heart. I really hope things get better soon, before baby #2 is here.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Thank you jas and snlee, I think these are my favourite pics so far. I wish DH had taken the camera rather than using a cellphone!

Jas, I''m so sorry you are having such awful nights. It WILL pass, thinking about you in the meantime.

So Amelia had a little taste of solid food today, totally by accident. I cooked apples from our tree to freeze for her and my food processor went into self destruct. When I took the lid off, apple everywhere. I thought I''d got it all cleared up but I missed a great big blob sticking on my sleeve. When I picked Amelia up, she found it and ate it straight away! I was trying to work out why she was chewing my shirt, then I spotted the apple sludge and baby drool mix. Nice! She seems to love apple. Only 2.5 months to go, kid!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tacori- OMG you are amazing. your paintings are fabulous...seriously..

mrsm- such cute pics and too funny about the apple.

tgal-sorry you got in trouble with tguy for posting pics. I figure I''ll post until Jake turns one and then stop at that point. I''ve posted a couple pic of my bigger kids but don''t really feel comfortable anymore. the last one''s I posted my girls were looking down at Jake and you can''t really "see" their faces. I wish I could show you gals more pics but I do remind myself this is a public forum and there are creepy weirdo''s out there, although i''m not sure exactly how they would find this thread on a diamond forum..but anything is possible I guess. I hope you can still post an occasional picture of her though.

jas- so sorry about co not sleeping well. jake has been a little better but is still up every 3-4 hours. it''s beats the 6 times he was up a few nights ago. I am with you on the sleep deprivation...i hope you can at least sneak in a nap.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Tacori - Your artwork are amazing. I can''t wait to see what you do with Tessa''s big girl room.

lili - I don''t have too many pics from the party because I was holding M for people to meet. I didn''t even get to eat. I have a couple pics that SIL took before the party. I will post those in a lil bit.

J is so cute. Babies can definitely turn it on and off.

I am surprised that J is (maybe) reacting to soy milk you drink. I thought soy was easier on the stomach.

Tgal - DH is like Tguy; he doesn''t like it too much when I post pics.

MrsMitchell - Amelia got the greatest smile. Look like she enjoyed her salon session.

The story about Amelia''s first taste of apple is so cute. Bet she can''t wait to have some more.

Jas12 - So sorry that your nights are rough with Co. Hopefully it''ll get better soon, so you can sleep.

Not much is going on with M. She still has her diaper rash, but it looks like it''s getting better. I aired out her butt three times yesterday. I don''t think it''s a yeast infection because it''s very localized. The rash is only around her butt hole and a small part along her butt crack.

We''ve been really lucky because she is a total sleepyhead. She''s been sleeping from 9pm to 5am for the past 4 days. DH said she inherited it from me and now he has two sleepyhead. I think when she consistently sleeps til 5am, then I''ll move back to our room (I can''t wait).

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
The party favors and cake.

m_one_month_party.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Us with a couple friends at the party.

m_one_month_party_2.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
And one of M smiling. I''m not sure if it''s a reflex smile or a social smile, but she went "HeHe" then smile. It was really cute.

m_smile.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
You ladies are going to give me an ego!
2.gif
My "concentration" in school was figure drawing but I don''t think I can post nudes on here
11.gif

Jas12, when you told me you are a circle girl I thought you would like that one. Hope Co starts sleeping!

MrsS, thank you!
16.gif
Hmmm...wonder if I will stop posting T when she turns 1. That is only a few months away. Hope you are settled in and get your highchair soon! I am still sad you did not move closer to me though!

Q, I have so many ideas I need like 10 kids. *NOT REALLY* I have decided to make her a growth chart b/c all the cute ones are WAY overpriced! Haven''t decided if I will use wood or felt yet. Hope M''s tush heals up soon. Poor thing! You look GREAT by the way. Cute pictures.

MrsM, next time you HAVE to take the real camera! Funny about the applesauce.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love all the pics everyone.

Sorry I''ve been so MIA, but dh is on vacation, so its been "full time family day" every day & we''ve been uber busy.

re: thread splitting. Well, I''d like to see it stay as one, but I am willing to do what makes everyone feel good. I like all the mommies, no matter when they came on & I get a real thrill seeing the newborns...I''ll never have another one, so its fun for me.

Plus I''ll be around more in the fall/winter & able to catch up.

Qtiki: omg....you look beautiful & so does the wee one!

Food: Jake won''t eat anything & Delaney won''t stop eating everything.
3.gif

WEll I need to sign off, we are going waterskiing tomorrow (I''m dropping D off with my parents) with some friends who have a daughter Jake''s age. Should be a fun day.

Oh!! DANERS IS STANDING! She''s soo proud of herself. And her new nickname is Cheese Face. Because she makes such a cheesy face when she smiles these days. She''s thinks she''s really funny.

bbychz2.jpg

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
And here she is snoozing with her dolly...

babydoll.jpg

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
cropped her nekkid bits out...

but here is Extreme Cheezzz Face.

bbychzn2.jpg

lili

Ideal_Rock
TGal
If only I knew what is inside her little head,
things would be much easier.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Diver

Those pictures of Daner are so cute.
She really does ham it up for the camera huh?
Love her cheesy grin
30.gif

Can''t wait to see her at her parteh.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Jas12
Awwwwe....sorry about the rough night again.
I know how you feel.
Believe me, there are many a times when I hand J off to her dad
and mumbled that I''d be happy to put her in daycare
7.gif

She drives me bananas at times.

Is Co teething?
Could that be why he''s waking up often?

lili

Ideal_Rock
QT
You look great!
I love the spread
and that smiling pic of Meena is sooo cute.
She''s got some pinchable cheeks.

And can I say I''m so envious of Meena''s sleep schedule?
Wow, 8 hours straight at 1 month.
How nice is that?

lili

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Snlee
So how many more weeks of bedrest to go?
You are so close....can''t wait for you to come over to this thread.

lili

Ideal_Rock
TGal
I got my clips
36.gif
36.gif

They are sooo cute....much smaller than I thought.
I''ll get some pix when I have time.

Can''t wait to see Amelia with hers.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2008 2:14:55 AM
Author: lili
TGal
I got my clips
36.gif
36.gif

They are sooo cute....much smaller than I thought.
I''ll get some pix when I have time.

Can''t wait to see Amelia with hers.
You did? I think I ordered mine before yours...hmm...were they just in the mail via usps?

More later...had a girl''s night out and I need sleeeeeeeeeep.

lili

Ideal_Rock
I think you ordered yours a few days before me.
I got the website info off your review
41.gif

I think I ordered mine on Thursday.
Didn''t think I would get it until middle of next week.

Yes, they came in the US mail.
I only ordered 2, so it came in the 2oz first class mail.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Q, she is ADORABLE! What a smile, what a sweet little thing. I love that pic.

Amelia sucked down that applesauce and I think would have been happy to eat plenty more. She''s only 3.5 months though, so a while to go yet. I got a little bit stressed about it when DH woke up at 3am, sat bolt upright and announced that his father and brother were allergic to apple. She''s fine though.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, I''ll catch up on the posts later, but had to say...

I did get my giddy giddy clips in the mail! OMG, they are so cute...I have to go and buy more! Quick review and pics when I get can some cute shots...

They are wonderful and well made. The clips definitely stay in baby fine hair (as my Amelia is a bit of a baldy compared to some of the other lushy tressed gals on here!). To refresh your memory, I got the watermelon, strawberry, cluck (chicken), blue butterfly, yellow flower on green background, red flower (with pink center).

Surprisingly, I think the butterfly looks cutest. The design seems the most simple, but the way it''s constructed, the butterly "sits" on the main clip and doesn''t conform to the head, which makes it stick up a bit and look like a butterfly landed on Amelia''s head. I also like the bigger size...it''s a nice accent.

The flower is my next favorite...the shape is so cute. I was afraid the little girl clips might be too small for my taste, but they are great. I could probably get away with the big girl flower clips too, but I''ll hold off. BTW, I finally realized the way to tell is that little girl clips have 5 petals, the big girls have 6 petals. I believe Katelyn has a big girl flower, Tayva has the little girl flower.

The rest are very cute in a more subtle way. Love the strawberrry, but the fruits don''t seem to have as much of a punch and presence to me as the flower and butterfly.

One thing to note, the flower on the backgrounds are represented on the website as having the flower part up and the stem down. However when you go to clip them, the top of the clip is where the stem is, so it looks "upside down", if that makes sense. Not a big deal because they still are cute, but thought I''d mention it in case some of you are anal about that kind of stuff. I probably will stick to the shaped ones instead of the rectangular clips with designs on them. For my next round, that means I''ll pretty much buy flowers, butterflies and shaped fruit.

I''ll post this review on the gear and products thread once I take and upload photos...

But anyway, bottom line, I LOVE these clips!!
36.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Will catch up more later too but TGal, I can''t wait to see the clips on Amelia!! I bet they''re adorable
36.gif
And the butterfly - though simple - is my favorite too, I think. And also, YES, the rectangular clips do seem upside-down!

Oh and MrsM, I can''t believe your Amelia had a hair cut already!!! Holy cow, where does the time go?! The photos are too cute - even though the quality isn''t great, you gotta print those out for the baby book!
21.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2008 1:26:48 AM
Author: lili
Thanks Snlee

So how many more weeks of bedrest to go?

You are so close....can''t wait for you to come over to this thread.
Thanks lili! I can''t wait either! 5 weeks down, 1 to go! I''ll be 35 weeks then. I think at 37-38 weeks, when he''s full term, I''m ready for him to come. I''m enjoying the quiet time and sleep for now.
1.gif

qtiekiki, you look great and M is so adorable!

Diva, D''s cheesy face is cracking me up! I can''t believe how big she is!

TGal, can''t wait to see the cute hair clips on A!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
So, I know this thread doesn''t exist with people like me in mind, but I''ve been lurking (and have read about half of the thread) and just had to say how extremely grateful I am that all of this information exists and is out there. I''ve been trying to figure out how I feel about having kids, and if I''d want them, and this thread has been amazing. It''s so nice to hear people speak candidly about the issues that come along with motherhood! It always made me nervous when people only talked about the good parts...it made me wonder what they were hiding!

There is so much in this thread that''s been getting me thinking, and BF and I have had a few discussions on parenting styles (if I''m going to have kids, I''d like to know my partner is on the same page about how to raise them) and expectations for kids. So many of the things we''ve talked about have come directly from this thread (BFing, CIO or not, co-sleeping, etc.) and we both seem to instinctively answer the same way. The talks we''ve been having have actually started to excite me about the idea of kids...and dang if all the adorable pictures on here haven''t helped with that! You ladies have some beautiful children. (One of my friends now teases me about my "obsession with internet babies".) It''s really helped open up a lot of areas for discussion that make me feel like our partnership is getting stronger, and it''s not just about kids.

Tgal, your posts in particular have really helped me. I feel like I would end up a lot like you if/when I''m a mom. I love how honest you are, and it really helps to see that even with all of the ups and downs, you don''t wish you could kind of give Amelia back. That really resonated with me.

Anyways, I just wanted to say how amazing this thread has been, and how helpful it was (and is) for me to read through. I feel like I understand more what parenting would be like, and I definitely understand more where I stand on it. So thank you, thank you, thank you, PS Mommies.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Ella, these ones are in the book, for sure! They make me giggle every time I see them. The prints are actually better quality than the sized versions I managed to upload here, so not too bad.

Tgal, does Amelia fiddle with the clips or her hair generally? My Amelia does pull at her hair when she''s tired, which put me off clips a bit, but these are supercute and if they stay in fine hair and are grab proof, I would love to get some.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just want to say how impressed I am with Babycenterstore.com customer service. Remember those stacking cups I posted? Well it came missing a cup (which is kind of strange) so I e-mailed them and 15 minutes later a rep e-mailed me and said they are sending me a new set ASAP and I don''t have to send back the one I received. She suggested donating it to a children''s charity which is a lovely idea. I have ordered many times from them (though the coupon policy is frustrating) and will order from them again. It is nice to know if there is a problem it will be resolved so quickly and easily.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok gals...gonna post some pics of the clips. I have three done out of the 6. Hopefully TGuy will understand that I have to post these since I was the one who first posted the giddy link on here.
1.gif
Plus he did tell me to use my discretion.

I''ll come back later to comment...please don''t think I''m ignoring your questions! I especially have comments on all the latest adorable pics!!

First clip, blue butterfly. The blue felt is layered on hot pink, which is put on a purple felt clip.

IMG_1528a.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
#2 the red flower...

IMG_1539a.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
and last one for now....watermelon which I ended up really liking (it went well with her little fruit dress).

IMG_1543a.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
btw, my friend works with svarovski crystals and offered to "personalize" these with some crystal accents. She''d use heavy duty glue and thinks it would stay on just fine. What do you think? She wanted to do a crystal center on the flower and add dots to the butterfly. Overkill?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results