shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommies Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Burk, those tanks are cute. The Target one''s aren''t TOO short are they? I will take NF''s advice and not wash all of them until I''m sure I love them. I''m normally an A cup
20.gif
and I''m in between a B and C right now I think. I won''t need as much support I''m sure! Thanks Burk, NF, Dreamer, and gtiekiki!

Wow, Lili, so you grew quite a bit then huh?

Mrs...Jake is so adorable!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
MrsS, Jake is so darned cute! I can''t believe how small that bear looks now, lol. You''re going to have a walker on your hands very soon!

lili, no kidding! I got this toy that SUCKS. I am not bothering to return it because of the packaging issue. I''ll be looking much more carefully at reviews before I buy (which I would have normally done but since I am such a BAD procrastinating mom, I needed to buy a toy asap for A''s birthday. Of course, she just wanted the wrapping paper like most babies do.) And Amelia loves that pampers box too!

re: back arching. My sympathies to you ladies. Amelia did not do it at all until only a couple of weeks ago, and only once in a while when I change her. It is SO annoying. I feel bad for you gals who had to put up with it a lot longer than I do. I always watched for it in Amelia but she just didn''t do it, which I found strange.

Oh wait, this kid doesn''t DO anything. That''s her MO.
20.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Happy B-Day Jake!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JAKE
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Oh My Gosh!! Just look how big he is now, compared to the bear. He is so big.

Mrs. Salvo, Jake is adorable and look at that smile of his. Too precious. Love his little outfit he has on. He is too cute. Please give him a hug and a kiss for me.

Love, Linda
xoxoxoxoxox for Jake

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just thought I would check in quickly. The flight went pretty good! She sat still for 80% of it (which is shocking). She was tired so I think that helped. We were in the last row by the bathrooms so she greeted everyone with a smile and "hi" who came back to "visit" us. Besides MAJORLY kicking the two guys in the row ahead of us (who were VERY nice about it and pretended like she didn''t) and one small freak out after I gave her a taste of freedom (my bad) she really was a little angel. Then we stopped at my mom''s middle school so her class could meet her. Thy gave her a little gift and were SO excited. She was like a little celeb. Everything she did and said got an "ohhh" and "ahhh" and as we were leaving she ran into their lunchroom which just got her more positive attention (such a ham) and now she is taking the world''s longest nap. Tomorrow is our date with NF and her adorable boys. The BRAVE Dee*Jay is also meeting us. She even offered to bring on of her neighbor''s kids to fit in. Haha.

Happy First Birthday Jake!!!

MrsS, I am sure I will fall majorly behind. I think I forgot my camera so hopefully miss Neat will bring her''s. Jake is so handsome. We can not get ENOUGH pics of him.

DD, not sure I will ever be a runner but DH enjoys it (or claims to). Haha. We got it on "sale" when REI just had their 20% off deal. Shipped free to store PLUS they put it together AND show you how to use it. Career is a huge deal. You should be VERY proud of yourself! Hope your DH gets a job soon! What is sad about my house it is fairly large and I still wish I had more room Maybe I''ll just never be fully happy.
3.gif

TGal, I HATE OPENING NEW TOYS! I mean I get the safety thing but you need an engineering degree to open some of those boxes! I already left the d60. We had so much stuff to bring and I think I forgot my little point and shoot. I could borrow my mom''s though. Silly Tacori. T took her milk in a bottle for weeks. Don''t sweat it.

snlee, oh no! Hopefully he will STTN tonight! She was surprisingly good. Both DH and I were shocked.

Q, yay for the army crawl! Such a cute thing.

Bobo, thanks can''t wait until I am home to break it in!

Courtney, I wore the hospital gown the whole time but LIVED in Target nursing tanks while I BFed. They are not short on me. Pads do stay. I used the fabric ones b/c I thought the other itched so bad.

Janine, I know I am go excited about meeting NF, D and M! Fussiness is a mystery! Really is. Did you try a baby pain reliever?

Burk, spending money on the lot now might save you a lot down the line! My neighbor''s house is set down (with a walk out basement) and a dangerous slanted driveway and have never had flooding (it is 8 years old I think).

NF, I could see that about the tanks. I was a C before, D while preggo and who knows what I am now so for me they were enough support. Yay for Max! Such a strong boy. See you tomorrow! How odd to say. Haha.

iluv, the first half was easy so here is hoping the second will go smoothly again. Have fun with Ava!

Lili, I know! I hope Tessa behaves. She will want to run all over the place.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Happy 1st Birthday Jake !!!!!

Oh my, how happy/sad the monthly jake and bear pics are over. Maybe u need to take them on a yearly basis now
37.gif

And Lili, i apologize i meant to log on yesterday just to wish Jadie a happy birthday too--hope it was a nice day. mmmm, Dim Sum on saturday. Wish we could get it around here. Post some pics soon!

This time last year i went for a power walk, felt something snap and came home to my water breaking 2 hours later. Little did i know i was the last of the group to go (lili was the 'stealth birther' as Tgal coined and i thought i would at least beat her since i was first due-haha)
i'll post pics friday night after our party. I've seriously been baking for a month and have a big crowd expected for his party so i am looking forward to it. If only it would stop snowing. I was really hoping we could hang out on the deck at the cottage (where the party will be held) ah, well.

ETA: glad the flight went well Tacori--so cute that T was the star of your mom's school. Have a nice trip

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
MrsS, aw...Jack is so big now next to mr.bear. Look at him stand, he''ll be walking in no time.

iluv, little B is trying run every chance he get. Of course 90% of the time he falls. I need to go to Target to get a boo boo kit.

lili, it''s so hard to take photos of little B now, usually I just get the back of him. We closed the house this past Monday, but the seller is renting from us for a month so they can move so we won''t move in to the new home until probably mid May which I''m ok with it since we just moved two months ago.

Tacori, glad the flight went well, don''t forget to take lots of pictures of NF''s adorable boys.

Jas, can''t wait to see what you baked for the party.

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Here is little B trying to make a phone call

rayphone.jpg

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Here is him trying out his new skill in the park.

raywalk.jpg

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Bobo is sooo flippin cute!!

Another question ladies: How long should I keep the baby sleeping in the bassinet in our room before moving her to the crib? We have the pack n'' play with the bassinet and changing table attached to the top. Would that be good enough to use and put at the foot of our bed for however long she sleeps with us?

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
TGAL Hi
35.gif
I don''t want to thread jack, but I thought it might be easy to page you in this thread. :)

I just have a general question for you about traveling to Australia during pregnancy. I don''t remember if you went over there while pregnant I know you went with Amelia. But we''re thinking about taking a trip in June to Sydney when I''ll be 4 mos. pregnant. If the pregnancy is healthy is there any reason why you wouldn''t fly to Aus while 4 mos preggo? Also June will be Australia''s winter,is that an ok time to travel in Aus? Thanks!
9.gif

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
JANINE - Yay for C starting to roll! James is all over the place these days. Sorry to hear C is grumpy at night - James has been like that too for the longest time. I think he thinks he''ll miss something if he goes to sleep.

TACORI - Nice new stroller! What''s REI??

BOBO - Awwww, what a cutie walking like such a big boy!

MRSSALVO - Happy birthday to Jake!

SNLEE - Sounds like D is a good sleeper for you - enjoy!

PUFFY - I am so glad to hear that little B is is doing better.

LILI - Happy birthday to Jadelyn!

BURK - I''m in NW Ohio and the housing prices around here are pretty reasonable too as compared to the rest of the country. Lots are still worth $$$ though. An acre can go from 20K - 40K depending on the area. I also thank you for the advice on milk - see my update below.

Q - James has had some of the berry varieties of Gerber 2nd foods and he''s had no reactions. If she''s fine then she probably isn''t allergic.

ILUV - Happy birthday to Ava!

NEAT - Yay for Max rolling! They grow up so fast. I think twin talk sounds soo cute. Maybe we''ll have videos here someday.

EVERYBODY - Thank you so much for your support regarding my friend "T". I haven''t heard from her since I sent my reply to her message.

James Update:

He had his 9 month well-check today and he''s huge! Head: 45cm (50%), Weight: 22lbs, 7oz (80%), Height: 30.75" (OFF THE CHART)! Doctor was impressed with his articulate hands.

The pedi also gave us the go ahead to start him on whole milk and table foods. We''ve been putting a bit of milk in his cereal and he''s done well with that so we don''t anticipate any problems with the transition from formula. We''ve been offering water in a sippy but he''s still more interested in playing with it than trying to drink from it. I think we might start the milk in a bottle and then move to the sippy when he''s ready. I don''t know how the table foods will go over though. He still doesn''t put anything in his mouth and gags on puffs. I''m fine with the baby food though - it''s so easy and he likes it.
3.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Courtney~I wouldn''t say they''re short, but I do like things a little longer, especially if I''m layering. As for where she sleeps-it all depends on what you like. For us, Tayva was such a loud sleeper that we ended up moving her to her crib around 4 weeks so I could get some sleep while she slept! I know others have had their babies in their room until 4 or 6 months. I wouldn''t plan on anything for sure and just see how it goes. In any case, your PNP will be fine.

Tacori~So glad that everything went well (not that I''m surprised) with your trip! Have a great time with NF and DeeJay!

Jas12~Can''t wait to see pics from the party! Hope that being back at school is going well!

Bobo~Love the pics of B!! He''s getting so big...and the walking action shot is great!

Diva~Oh man you guys have it good!! We''re looking at $110,000 for a HALF acre (which is really big in our area). Lucky you guys! James is a big boy! yay for the go-ahead for whole milk! And, don''t stress about the table foods. Tayva never had a problem feeding herself but has been pretty picky so she STILL eats some baby foods! Our pedi says it''s fine (and it''s easy and you know what they''re getting).

Puffy~Thinking of you and sweet B!!

Tomorrow is our last day of school this week. I''m so looking forward to a long weekend. Last night was rough. I think in addition to the asthma flare up Miss T is working on her bottom molars!
23.gif
When it rains, it pours.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 6:54:14 PM
Author: sunkist
TGAL Hi
35.gif
I don''t want to thread jack, but I thought it might be easy to page you in this thread. :)

I just have a general question for you about traveling to Australia during pregnancy. I don''t remember if you went over there while pregnant I know you went with Amelia. But we''re thinking about taking a trip in June to Sydney when I''ll be 4 mos. pregnant. If the pregnancy is healthy is there any reason why you wouldn''t fly to Aus while 4 mos preggo? Also June will be Australia''s winter,is that an ok time to travel in Aus? Thanks!
9.gif
I think it would be a great time to go. Just ask your doc for a copy of your medical records and let your husband know where you packed them in case something happens.

I did go over at 6 months and came back right as I was entered last trimester I think. Honestly, the flight sucked. I totally swelled up like a balloon. Make sure you get an aisle seat so you can pee and walk around (not at the same time) and don''t wear your rings if they are snug already. Bring something to elevate your feet...a bag on which you can prop your feet.

Which airline are you taking and on what day? I can give you tips on where to sit on the plane if it is Qantas.

And of course, you should get the OK from your doc first.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tacori-glad the flight went well. have fun tomorrow. Hopefully deejay or NF will bring a camera. you will love her. You gals are going to have so much fun.

bobo, look at little B...such a cutie pie...

thanks again all for the b-day wishes. I did give Jake a cupcake and he started gently and then tore into it. He LOVED the frosting. Here are a few pics
1.gif

tasting the frosting....yum....

jakecupcake1.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
yummy!!!

jakecupcake2.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay, it is good, let me dig on in....

jakecupcake3.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 9:32:39 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 4/8/2009 6:54:14 PM

Author: sunkist

TGAL Hi
35.gif

9.gif
I think it would be a great time to go. Just ask your doc for a copy of your medical records and let your husband know where you packed them in case something happens.

I did go over at 6 months and came back right as I was entered last trimester I think. Honestly, the flight sucked. I totally swelled up like a balloon. Make sure you get an aisle seat so you can pee and walk around (not at the same time) and don''t wear your rings if they are snug already. Bring something to elevate your feet...a bag on which you can prop your feet.

Which airline are you taking and on what day? I can give you tips on where to sit on the plane if it is Qantas.

And of course, you should get the OK from your doc first.

Thanks TGal! We''re looking at V-Australia right now. But I see Qantas has the same deals. We haven''t booked yet, I was thinking maybe I should wait till Friday when I go to my first doctor appt and get the OK from him. But we''ll probably go June4-10. Short trip, I know
8.gif
but hopefully we can do enough to make it worthwhile. This is to be our "babymoon", one last trip before we''re a family of 3! I''m reading all the other Oz posts on PS right now and trying to find some advice on Fodors. If you want to post any more advice in that recent airline fare thread you made that would be cool
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wanna-go-to-oz-or-nz-qantas-is-having-a-massive-fare-sale-like-600-rt.110191/
My big question right now is whether to book with the travel agent with a package or whether to plan it on our own.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy First Birthday Beautiful Jadelyn!!!!
emcake.gif

Happy Birthday to Jake too; awww, too cute Mrs, he is darling!!!
emcake.gif

PUFFY, prayers outgoing for little B.
12.gif

BOBO, your little guy is so cute!!!

DD, aww Hunter, what a cute sleeping baby!!

Soooo many adorable baby pics in here!!!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
NF
Yay for Max rolling over. It sounds adorable that the boys are talking to each other.
Have fun with Tacori and Miss Tessa. You HAVE to get pics of the boys and Tessa.

Tacori
Oh I bet Tessa will show NF''s boys lots of tricks. Aww I can just picture it. Going be so cute.
Glad Tessa did well on the flight. Your girl will always get attention wherever she goes b/c she is so adorable.
Have fun with NF and Dee*Jay.

MrsS
Jake is adorable. I love his outfit; the brown/orange combo is awesome. Looks like he''ll be cruising soon.
Love the cupcake pics. YUMMY.
What will you be doing for your daughter''s 7th birthday?

DD
ok, so right now you are just waiting for DH to get a job out here. Good Luck.

Tgal
Yay for a good eating day. Isn''t funny how excited we get about little things with our child?

snlee
Hopefully you''ll be all done with night feedings soon, but in the meantime just be happy with those feeding-free nights.
Any new pics of D.

Bobo
Love your new av and the pics of little B walking/running. He got the cutest cheeks.

janine
M is 8.5 months. So she is "on track" with her developments.
Could be another tooth. Seems like they like to come in pairs. If it is teething, hope it comes through soon.
We don''t really celebrate Easter. DH''s cousin is having an Easter egg hunt. Since M is too young to understand, we won''t attend. My parents will be in town though, so I might dress her up in one of her sundress if it''s warm.

iluvcarats
I''ve been wondering about Ava''s glasses. So stylish. Lucky girl. The frame shape suits her really well.

Jas12
Can''t wait to see pics of Co''s birthday party.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY COHEN!!!

Diva
James is SO tall. Good luck with transitioning to whole milk and table food.

Courtney
There''s no rule on when to transition a baby to a crib. It''s what works for you. We have M in her crib since she came home from the hospital. I was sleeping in her room for the first three months, mainly so that DH can sleep the whole night through since he only took 2 weeks paternity leave.

M knows how to clap now, and she''s been clapping all day.

sasa

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks courtneylub! I''m no help with the sleep question, little B still sleep with us in our room.

Thanks Diva! James is a tall boy.

Thanks Burk. Enjoy your long weekend.

Thanks MrsS, looks like Jake is really enjoying his cupcake.

Thanks Skippy!

Thanks Qtiekiki, yay on M clapping.

36.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Tacori--
Glad to hear that the flight over was smooth.
And it doesn''t surprise me that T is a little celeb at your mom''s middle class.
Anyway, hope you and NF, DeeJay and the kiddies have fun.
We expect to see tons of pictures!

Jas12--
Hehe, can''t believe that it''s been a year already.
It seems like a blink of an eye.
Your water broke too?
I wonder, how many of us had their water break before labor kicked in?
Happy 1st Birthday Co!!!
Being the smartie that he is, I wouldn''t be surprised if he can show people how old he is now :razz:
Can''t wait to see his bday pictures.

Bobo--
Ha, I know what you mean about getting the back of him :)
Love your new little B''s pictures -- look at those kissable cheeks.
He looked so happy in your avi and so intense w/ the cell phone.
And how cute is he -- walking like he''s been walking for so long.
Congrats on the house (and being landlords:razz:)
Summer is a better time to move anyway -- less chances of rain.

Courtney--
No help here on the sleeping front either since J is still in my bed.
But there really is no real rule on when to move your LO to her crib.
Just do what works for you two.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Diva--
Sorry about the fallout with T.
I hope she just needs a little time to come around.
Wow, James is a big boy!
We need to see some recent pictures of him.
And yay on the whole milk.
That''s great if he''s okay with it.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Awweee MrsS, those pictures are just priceless
30.gif

So did he sign for a second cupcake?
9.gif

Oh, I forgot, you have another April baby.
So what is the theme for your 7 yo''s party?

QT--
Pose them here after you take a picture of M in her sundress!
Yay for M clapping.
Wow, she''s just hitting those milestones in the last couple of days huh?

lili

Ideal_Rock
Puffy--
Happy Birthday!
Hope B is home and recovering well.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
hi gang--finally got around to taking my beach picture.
so in honor of Co''s 1st b-day...

Here is the first one (42 weeks preggo-ewww--day before going into labor) I posted this pic before, but it''s needed again for the effect
5.gif

onbeach1.jpg

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
And exactly one year later....

what a difference a year makes!

onbeach2.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
mrss~looks like Jake liked his cupcake! So cute!

QT~Isn''t clapping adorable?!?!

Bobo~It''s cold and rainy today so the long weekend is sounding better and better...
9.gif

Jas12~Happy Birthday to CO!!! The pics are awesome!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Jas12, beautiful pictures! I love them! You should definitely frame them.

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY CO!
36.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Puffy--hope you got your b-day wish and little B is home!

Lili--yep, my water broke early too (reason why they induced me once at the hospital) It is weird, i think the stat is 10%, but seems like tons of us were in that situation. The baking must have done it-ha.

Mrs. Jake is too cute for words--he is totally into that blue cuppie (they look delish btw!)

Qtiekiki--aww, clapping is adorable

DD-forgot to mention before that i loved the newest pic of Hunter. He''s a handsome little guy that''s for sure!

Bobo-- love your new pics too! You always get great shots.

Neat--the boys ar

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results