shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommies Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Iluv- great pics. my oldest will be 7 next week so I know how fast the time flies.

q-yay for M crawling!!

neat and tacori- have a fun get together!! it''s always fun meeting pricescopers in real life. tacori, we''ll miss you again but I hope you have a good trip.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 9:05:39 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
DD, I am not building or getting a new home even though I do wish mine was a tad bigger. We are planning to build another garage with an apartment above it (DH''s office will go there but just in case one of our parents ever need to move in with us or something) in the next couple years. At least you have a career
2.gif
trade offs I guess.
Ooops
emembarrassed.gif
Serves me right for skimming LOL! The apartment above the garage is awesome, we want that one day for out of town guests and my mom if she ever needs such a place. And LOVE T''s new stroller! We are getting one next summer when we move out west, the lifestyle is so much more outdoorsy it will be worth it. Now you can take up running!
2.gif
And yeah, I guess I have the career... there are always some kind of trade isn''t there?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 1:26:43 PM
Author: qtiekiki
DD
Such a sweet pic of Hunter. So tiny and adorable.
congrats on the job. When is the big move?
QT my position starts in january 2010, but since I am on maternity leave until then we can move anytime DH gets a job! We ideally would like to move in October/November to get settled before winter and I start work, but if DH gets a position before then we will obviously have to go sooner.

Puffy I am so so sorry and glad to see that B is doing better. You are a great mom, these things just happen sometimes! My grandmother dropped my mom down and escalator, can you imagine that?

MrsS LOVE that picture of Jake singing! What a cutie pie.

NF and Tacori We need pictures of all three kiddies together for sure!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
lili, no dimsum today? Poo! Did she at least get her presents today?

Speaking of presents, I bought Amelia real toys (not little odds and ends) for the first time for her birthday (I just didn''t see the point when we had so many handn me downs and she prefers empty boxes and water bottles anyway). Anyone else think the toys companies want to drive parents to the brink of suicide? What is WITH the way some of this crap is packaged??? My mom got angry when she tried to free a toy. My mom hardly EVER gets angry!!

Tacori, NF, I definitely want to see pics too! Take tons! Take the D60!!

iluv, what beautiful kids. I dig her glasses too!

MrsS, that is too cute! He is almost a year old and is a smarty pants! He always looks like such a cheerful chap.
1.gif

Well, it was a good eating day for Ms. Gonna Drive Her Momma Insane. Thanks for the tips on the milk - Burk, I think sometime this week I am going to try putting it in the bottle to see if it''s the milk or the cup she doesn''t like. Today she had eggs and waffles for breakfast, avocado and cheese for lunch and bits of corn and turkey sandwich meat for dessert. The sandwich meat was a major victory...the first bit of meat she hasn''t complete barfed up.

Exciting stuff, I know. But hey, I''ll take my rays of happy where I can get ''em.
25.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
PUFFY, glad to hear B is back to his cheerful self. How cute! I hope you get to bring him home tomorrow. When is your birthday?

TACORI, BURK, LILI, wouldn't you know, the night I post no more middle of the night feedings, I had to feed him at 4am! He's been fussy lately. Maybe teething? Hopefully he'll be STTN and no more night feedings soon.

ILUV, happy 10th birthday to Ava! Hope she has a great birthday party Sat! Your kids are so cute!

QT, yay for M crawling!

NF, wow Max rolling over at 3 months? That's awesome! Glad the boys are sleeping well. At that age, 10-4 is great. I hope that means your getting more sleep. Can't wait to see that video of the boys talking to each other! How cute!

NF and TACORI, have a great GTG! I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun! I want to see lots of pictures too!

TACORI, have a great trip! Hope Tessa is good on the flights.

sasa

Brilliant_Rock

MrsS, Jake is super cute! can''t believe he is this big now.

puffy, how sweet of B telling you he is ok. Hope he''ll be able to go home soon.

Qtiekiki, little B is doing good. Almost know how to run now. I''m enjoying the time three of us taking a stroll in the park. Yay on M crawling!!

36.gif

Tacori, love Tessa''s new ride!

iluv, your kids are so adorable!!

Burk, hope you guys get the lot!

TGal, I hear you on the toy packaging. I get mad every time I''m trying to open a new toy for little B. Looks like Amelia had a yummy day today.

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! This is my first post on the mommies thread. I''m 37 weeks along and I''m at that stage where I''m trying to finish packing my hospital bag and planning what to wear for after the baby arrives. Does anyone have any suggestions for great nursing gowns or tank/pant sets? Also, any nursing bra suggestions are welcome! Thanks so much, mommies!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi courtney..welcome!! most of the gals here really loved the nursing tanks they sell at target. I had a few and loved them too. I didn't actually use any nursing bras this time around. I found it more difficult to try and clip the bra there was more of a chance of flashing someone if I wasn't nursing at home or in private. I just used regular bra's with no underwire because the underwire can effect your milk supply. But the tanks really are great b/c they keep your belly covered so you don't run the risk of flashing anyone a nice post preggo belly either. You'll also probably still be in maternity clothes for a week or two depending how quickly you drop the weight. I still wore my maternity jeans home from the hospital. Mimi maternity makes some really nice nursing gowns. Button up tops/gowns will work too.

tgal-the toy ties drive me insane. each christmas I swear I'm going to open up everything before I wrap it b/c it takes us an hour just to get everything out of each package. Amelia sounds like a great eater. jake doesn't like meat at all either. he'll try a bite and take it back out of his mouth. I just keep offering it to him. lily was like that too when she was a baby. she'd even eat a meat sauce spaghetti and take a biteand somehow lick around the beef and take it back out of her mouth. i thought she actually might be a natural vegetarian. She was like that until she was 2 and now she loves all kinds of meat. I wouldn't worry about it.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
QT:
36.gif
for crawling!! How old is she now?

Tacori and NF: you're meeting up?? How fun and pics please!

Snlee: STTN and no night feedings--what? I remember you saying D was a fuss pot who screamed all night and slept in bed with you and DH while hitting you guys in his sleep (haha) and now he's a model sleeper!
36.gif
Wow...I know you said he regressed a little, but still! Has he rolled yet or halfway?

Puffy: I'm glad to hear B is doing so much better--is he coming home today? Such a trooper and it's just so cute to me when little boys have the instinct to comfort their mommies.

DD: you're so lucky to have a long maternity leave!

Same old here--still working full time, but managing somehow with juggling childcare with help from family. C has started the dreaded back arch..how do they learn that and have other 6 month-ers been doing it too?! She has become quite fussy at night and (predictable line to follow..) I wonder if it's teething? I mean she has one tooth popped through, so it has to be, right? She doesn't drool much but chews the heck out of everything. I tried orajel last night when she was extra fussy. Of course she hated the taste and closed her mouth tight after, but not sure what else to do since a) I'm not sure it's teething and b) there is no fever.

Otherwise, things are good with her. Hope everyone else is getting Easter outfits ready, and looking forward to some cute d60 photos!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 9:03:40 AM
Author: Courtneylub
Hi everyone! This is my first post on the mommies thread. I''m 37 weeks along and I''m at that stage where I''m trying to finish packing my hospital bag and planning what to wear for after the baby arrives. Does anyone have any suggestions for great nursing gowns or tank/pant sets? Also, any nursing bra suggestions are welcome! Thanks so much, mommies!
Welcome Courtney! Like MrsS said, the nursing tanks from Target are highly recommended. So much that I never even tried a nursing bra. I have 4 pairs of nursing tanks and love them. Before I went back to work I lived in them. I still wear them most of the time now! They are comfy, convenient, easy to use, and I like the belly coverage.

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, you guys. I purchased 3 nursing tanks from Target and one sleep nursing bra. I think I''m going to buy one PJ tank/pant set and then just plan to wear those Target tanks with loose fitting pants.

Oh question...do breast pads stay put in the nursing tanks?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Janine, haha your post made me laugh! My boy is still fussy sometimes...lately he''s been fussy a lot. I''m not sure if it''s teething. Was C extra fussy right before her first tooth popped through? It''s a lot better than it was a month ago so I am not complaining! No rolling over yet. I''ve seen him do it once but I think it was a fluke. He''s been doing halfway for a long time now. D''s been doing the back arch too. He''s been doing the back arch while sitting for awhile now and just recently the back arch while lying down. Congrats on moving into your new home! How exciting! I hope things are better with your DH. Is your mom still watching C while you go to work? How do you manage that? If I remember correctly you live far from each other. I am a bad mommy, no easter outfit for D and I don''t think we''re doing anything special. Too young for an easter egg hunt! What do you have planned?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 12:03:28 PM

Oh question...do breast pads stay put in the nursing tanks?
Yes, I''ve never had a problem with washable and disposable pads. If you get the disposable pads they have a sticky too but I hardly ever used it. I only used the pads for a few weeks.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
mrss~yay for getting a new couch with the move! We''re going to sell some stuff before we move into our new house, too.

iluv~happy birthday to Ava!! Those pics are awesome! I agree with lili that she still looks like her baby picture.

lili~Thanks! Tayva does fine with yogurt, yes. It''s just the whole milk that gets her (in large quantities).

Tacori~Funny you should mention the flooding thing, because that''s why we''ve chose the lot we did (and why it''s sooooo expensive)-it''s at the top of the development almost on a hill. I know Tessa is going to do great on your trip! Have a good time!

QT~Yay for m!!!
36.gif
36.gif

neat~Sounds like your guys are doing great (and super adorable). I wish we could post video, too!

Tgal~yay for real toys...and yea the packaging is ridiculous. Are they worried parents are going to steal the toys for their 12 mo olds? I make DH deal with getting it all out. Sounds like A was super eater yesterday. That''s awesome. T doesn''t really do much meat, either. She used to love chicken but won''t touch it now!
20.gif
Who knows with that kid. I can sneak ground hamburger in the pizza I make, though.

snlee~Doesn''t it always work like that? Hopefully that was just a fluke and he''s back to no middle of the night feedings!

Bobo~Thanks!

Courtney~I agree that the Target tanks are great. There is also a site that has really great nursing tanks that are longer that I got a few of but they''re a little more expensive. Here''s the link if you want to check it out!

janine~Teething sucks. I gave Tayva tylenol when I thought she was probably teething (even though it''s pretty much impossible to actually know for sure) and if it seemed to help I stuck with it. Or, you can do the teething tablets to see if it gives her relief.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! This is my first post on the mommies thread. I'm 37 weeks along and I'm at that stage where I'm trying to finish packing my hospital bag and planning what to wear for after the baby arrives. Does anyone have any suggestions for great nursing gowns or tank/pant sets? Also, any nursing bra suggestions are welcome! Thanks so much, mommies!

I'm going to be the one dissenter on the nursing tanks. I HATE them. They give me absolutely no support and I feel like I am just drooping all day. It very well might be because I was a 32D/DD BEFORE becoming preggo-but I wouldn't take the tags off of all of them until you are sure you like them. I bought a bunch, took the tags off and washed them all, and then have worn them only a handful of times.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 12:28:14 PM
Author: neatfreak

I''m going to be the one dissenter on the nursing tanks. I HATE them. They give me absolutely no support and I feel like I am just drooping all day. It very well might be because I was a 32D/DD BEFORE becoming preggo-but I wouldn''t take the tags off of all of them until you are sure you like them. I bought a bunch, took the tags off and washed them all, and then have worn them only a handful of times.
ditto but then I am a G cup now!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
snlee: my mom is still watching C--she drives to and from her home (about 1hr). It''s tough, but is ok for the time being. I take days off to give her a break..but that''s hard too since my days will go fast. DH and his mom pick up the days where there''s no coverage. For now it works, but everything is month-month since this is alot for everyone. C wasn''t more fussy than usual before the tooth came out, but now she is. Not sure if it''s related though. The back arch is annoying because she''ll do it suddenly if I''m carrying her upright and worse, when I''m feeding her she''ll do a big time back arch with head back and crying. I have to wait for her to come back up! I can''t determine if she does it b/c she is full (trying to get away from bottle) or if the nipple touched on a nerve where the tooth is and she''s in pain. Or if it''s just a phase.

how about you, how''re you doing with the full time work things so far?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
And birthday week continues....

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY STUDMONKEY JAKE!! No dimsum for you, but I hope there are lots of yummy things scheduled for you today!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY JAKE!
36.gif

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Happy 1st Birthday Jake!!
36.gif
36.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday Jake!

Neat and DD~I''m *ahem* larger as well and I really liked the ones from Glamour Mom (the link I posted) because they were longer and gave more support.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
happy b''day jake!!
emotion-19.gif
Time goes by so fast!

PS Tgal''s mentions of Dim Sum is really making me hungry....

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKE!!!. Hope u enjoy your cake and get lots of goodies.

Courtney
I like the target tanks for when I was on maternity leave and lounging at home.
At the hospital, I ended up just wearing the hospital gown b/c it was easier.
Now back at work, I like Bravado Designs microfiber nursing bras. Pretty comfy and good support (I am not sure what''s my actual bra size now, but the bras I got are size 34D - just to give you an idea of what size it gives support to).

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for the B-day wishes for my little man. I''m actually getting ready to make cupcakes so he can have one later, of course they will be nothing like the amazing creations in the cupcake thread..lucky for me jake won''t care
3.gif

I feel like I''m cluttering the thread with Jake pics but here his is with Mr. bear at 12 months. I will try and put a collage together of the year to see the progression.

mrbearandjake12mo.jpg

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Mrs S
Happy Birthday To Jake
36.gif
36.gif

Time really does fly by!
How is your packing going?

Lili
I love your AV.
J is sooooo cute!
Are you having a big party on Sat?

Tacori
I hope you have a safe, easy trip.
How fun that you are meeting up with NF and her adorable boys!
Please post pics!
30.gif

Glad you love your stroller.

QT
36.gif
for M crawling! LOL at your "worm" description!

Time does indeed fly by
39.gif

NF
I am so impressed that your boys are sleeping on the same schedule.
I am certain that if I had twins they would be playing tag team with each other all day.
How adorable that they are talking to each other - too cute! And
36.gif
for Max rolling over so soon.
Have a nice visit with Tacori and Tessa!

Tgal
No barfing definitely = happiness in my book!
3.gif

Snlee
Sorry to hear that D is fussy.
I hope he is STTN again soon.

Bobo
Wow! B is up and running already?!
Always keep a band-aid with you at all times!
2.gif

Thank you for all the sweet compliments about my kids!
I never get tired of hearing those!
Ava has had to wear glasses since she was 5. The kids glasses are too small on her, so lucky girl, she gets grown up glasses.
Those are Betsy Johnson and they have transitional lenses that become sunglasses. Tres chic!

Sam has been wanting to play Thomas trains with ME lately, and I am savoring every minute
1.gif

Hope everyone is well!
35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
after I took the bear picture I put jake on the floor letting him stand using the bench. The past couple of days he''s started to let go of the things propping him and and has been standing solo for a few seconds at a time. when he did it today I was still holding the camera and got his picture.

jakestandstake2.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
mrss~Those pics of Jake are adorable! Sounds like he''ll be walking in no time!
21.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Tacori--
Don''t forget that picture of T surrounded by all the boys
9.gif

NF--
Wow, turning over already?
Go Max!
Awwee....that is so stinking cute that they are talking to each other
5.gif

QT--
36.gif
for M officially being a crawler!

TGal--
No presents yet either.
And I wasn''t kidding about giving her some empty pamper boxes to play.
You''d be surprised at how much joy they get out of it :)
I hear you about the ridiculous packaging on the toys.
I think it''s to deter parents from returning the toys -- after all the hassle of opening, you just want to get rid of all the packaging.
Yay for a good eating day for Ms.A.
Hope it continues.

Snlee--
They''ll have their ocassional off-nights.
Hope those teeth come in soon for him if it''s teething.

Bobo--
Almost running already?
We need to see pictures of him w/ his new skills!
How''s the escrow coming?

lili

Ideal_Rock
Courtney--
Ooo...you are so close...anytime now before you have your little girl in your arms.
I second others on the nursing tanks from Target (unless of course if you are well-endowed :)
Provides pretty good support and covers my belly when nursing.
I don''t know how much my bra (cup) size went up since I never did find a decent one while and post preggo.
I can tell you that I was 32/34B pre-preggo, now it''s probably much bigger since those bras just look ridiculous on me.
I get less than half the coverage.

janine--
those back arching could be a phase.
but sorry to tell you that it may be a long phase.
J does it since 6 months and still occasionally does it now.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Happy 1st Birthday Studmonkey Jake!!!

Are you kidding me MrsS about clogging the thread w Jake pictures.
We hardly see him -- just 1 MrBear picture each month.
I expect to see a whole bunch from his party -- especially the cupcake eating one!

Wow, he''s starting to lose some of his baby fat huh?
He looks tall and leaner this month.
And way to go Jake with his standing.
Looks like he''s going to strut his stuff pretty soon.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results