color
clarity

WEBINAR PS In the Loupe with John Pollard: Ideal Scope in Action

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
PS-Webinar-Asset-5.png

Mark your calendar to scope out our webinar on Wednesday, February 23rd, "Ideal Scope in Action” with Educational Advisor John Pollard. Whether you’re a complete newbie or feel like you know your way around an Ideal Scope, we’ve got a little something for everyone, with a technical demonstration, insight from the developer, fine jeweler and Holloway Cut Advisor creator Garry Holloway, and real-world context and applications with PriceScope's Diamond Concierge Lead and appraiser, Dave Atlas.

Update:

The video is now available on Youtube.

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Registered - I'm not missing the live stream of this one!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is always great to listen to Garry Holloway when he demonstrates and uses the Ideal-Scope. Also, it is fun to witness a consumer when they show up at a retail store carrying the I-S and ready to use it. The resistance to adopt it at brick and mortar establishments can be very entertaining.

Please register and plan to attend. Pricescope has so much more potential to help consumers. Those who take advantage of these opportunities are the beneficiaries.

See you tomorrow on the webinar!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Three lucky webinar attendees will get a flat Ideal-Scope which was only made in limited numbers. Very easy to carry this around in a jacket pocket. Just one more reason to "SIGN ON"

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Also, it is fun to witness a consumer when they show up at a retail store carrying the I-S and ready to use it.

Oh yeah! I remember showing people diamonds in my desktop ASET. People were shocked at the patterns that emerged, especially the difference between a properly cut diamond and a poorly cut diamond.

When my clients would go to another store in the city and ask to see the ASET view of the stone, they were met with blank stares. For many years, I had the only desktop ASET in the State of Idaho. I do not know how many are in the State now, but I know there are darn few of them.

I also had hand held size Ideal-Scopes which I shared with people and a couple of larger Hearts and Arrows viewers. These are tools that I think all jewelers should have and share with their clients.

I too am excited that John Pollard is sharing this information with all who are willing to come to the show.

Wink

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
It is always great to listen to Garry Holloway when he demonstrates and uses the Ideal-Scope. Also, it is fun to witness a consumer when they show up at a retail store carrying the I-S and ready to use it. The resistance to adopt it at brick and mortar establishments can be very entertaining.

Please register and plan to attend. Pricescope has so much more potential to help consumers. Those who take advantage of these opportunities are the beneficiaries.

I’m generally met with SA skepticism or irritation. The very few who have been interested love it - but can’t use it professionally…. It’s my favorite tool!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Please, anyone with questions they'd like to ask about the use of the Ideal-Scope and how to use the Pricescope Diamond Search effectively should write it up to this thread today... We'll try to respond within the Webinar or on the thread if we can't put it in the Webinar properly.

What do you want to know or better understand?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I know the answers to most of these, but figured they may carry important answers for newcomers to the Ideal-Scope:

1. Best backlighting intensity?
2. Best lighting condition to use it in?
3. From a tradespeople perspective: is there an etiquette/protocol that a shopper should follow when asking to use an Ideal-Scope that is brought into the store?
4. Any possibility of an Ideal-Scope reference images (and usage tips) pocket guide that's easy to carry around?
5. For general assessment of diamonds as a consumer/shopper, are there any usage scenarios that the ASET should be used instead of the Ideal-Scope (different diamond shapes, colors, etc)?

John Pollard

Shiny_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Great Qs @DejaWiz . Noted and appreciated.

Something which may be of interest: Many people have seen Ideal Scope photos - mainly of well-cut diamonds - but far less have seen it being used, or looked through the scope in a real-world situation.

In addition to fundamentals, I'll show a setup with backlighting in the SLE today (thx for the Q) as well as what a gemologist sees when using the scope.

We'll try to respond within the Webinar or on the thread if we can't put it in the Webinar properly.
Right. Any Qs or comments before/after the session are welcome here.

If you're attending today you can shoot them at us while the session is live. We've allowed time for audience participation... Structured Light Environment + Popcorn + Participation = Party.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, @John Pollard ...really looking forward to this one!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I second all of @DejaWiz questions! In addition to etiquette of use with trades people, I’d also be interested in using the scopes in BM settings: show room lighting - what to avoid and what to use/seek out & mounted stones. I have an original light tray, but it’s not easy to use with mounted stones and is on its last leg. I know for unset stones we can use our phones, but I use it frequently for set stones - vintage and new. Hearing the expert recommendations on how to use an ideal scope would be fantastic.

Just an interesting experience: a SA’s manager was concerned the scope could scoop up and hide the pieces I was examining (not one of my usual haunts). A flat product sounds super interesting and something that might meet with less resistance. I’m curious about how those worked!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just an interesting experience: a SA’s manager was concerned the scope could scoop up and hide the pieces I was examining (not one of my usual haunts). A flat product sounds super interesting and something that might meet with less resistance. I’m curious about how those worked!
Anytime a diamond is out of view makes most jewelers uncomfortable.
What I did is ask them to put the stone in a claw holder or a spring ring and view them out in the open.
diamondcloawholder.jpg
ringstoneholder..jpg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
What I did is ask them to put the stone in a claw holder or a spring ring and view them out in the open.
diamondcloawholder.jpg
ringstoneholder..jpg

Same...I always prefer the jeweler use a claw holder when I view diamonds, especially when just comparing side by side.

BespokeMinestones

Rough_Rock
Trade

Hi. I read a comment when I was googling removing a Lazer number off a clients stone. You said you knew if a way to be less invasive. Would absolutely love to know any suggestions as she can't stand it and doesn't have papers to go with it. It is a code by the distributor. Much appreciated.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
diamondcloawholder.jpg
ringstoneholder..jpg

Agreed! I was using my light tray. Thank you for the suggestions. I’ll add them to my retail kit that I take along when shops g

John Pollard

Shiny_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hi. I read a comment when I was googling removing a Lazer number off a clients stone. You said you knew if a way to be less invasive. Would absolutely love to know any suggestions as she can't stand it and doesn't have papers to go with it. It is a code by the distributor. Much appreciated.

Reply posted to this thread.

Last edited:

John Pollard

Shiny_Rock
Staff member
Premium
That was awesome! THANK YOU John Pollard, oldminer, and Garry H (Cut Nut)!
HEAPS of thanks for a terrific webinar!:appl:
What a great session! Thank you so much @John Pollard , Gary & @oldminer - a treasure trove of information!
ya all rock!!
Great info, thanks so much!

ETA: @John Pollard Will this excellent webinar be available to view again?

Thanks to all of you, and everyone who attended. The interactivity and participation elevated the experience. Cheers!

@SparklieBug , yes. This thread will be bumped with a link once it's available.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Terrific webinar! So much knowledge in one hour.
I was in a pawnshop today looking at trays of "not very good" and "oh, dear." Six years ago I could never have made those distinctions. Many thanks for sharing what you gentlemen have learned.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Poking around last night I found the article "What ASET reveals that Ideal-Scope does not" by Brian Pollard from April 2, 2015. Evidently he was with B2C then. Are these men related?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Poking around last night I found the article "What ASET reveals that Ideal-Scope does not" by Brian Pollard from April 2, 2015. Evidently he was with B2C then. Are these men related?

Loving brothers :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results