carat
color
clarity

WEBINAR PS In the Loupe with John Pollard: Ideal Scope in Action

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
excellent questions DJ

1. Best backlighting intensity? IF THE BACKLIGHT IS TOO STRONG YOU WILL SEE SILVER GREY STARS. USING A TRAY ON A YOUTUBE WHITE SCREEN IS PERFECT. FOR TWEEZERS PLACE A SHEET OF COPY PAPER TAPED TO ANY DESK LAMP AND HOLD THE STONE OR RING A FEW INCHES AWAY.
2. Best lighting condition to use it in? IN A JEWEL STORE LOOK UP TOWARD THE LIGHTS.
3. From a tradespeople perspective: is there an etiquette/protocol that a shopper should follow when asking to use an Ideal-Scope that is brought into the store? MAY I USE MY CUT GRADING TOOL TO CHECK THE CUT QUALITY? THEN AND ONLY AFTER ASKING PULL OUT THE IDEAL-SCOPE OR ASET. IF THEY SAY NO, "YOUR DIAMONDS ARE NOT WELL CUT?'
4. Any possibility of an Ideal-Scope reference images (and usage tips) pocket guide that's easy to carry around? https://ideal-scope.com/reference-chart-ideal-scope-images/ SAVE THE IMAGES. I MADE THIS REFERENCE CHART IN 2002.
5. For general assessment of diamonds as a consumer/shopper, are there any usage scenarios that the ASET should be used instead of the Ideal-Scope (different diamond shapes, colors, etc)? ASET FOR ALL FANCY SHAPES, AND IF POSSIBLE ROCK THE STONE TO SEE HOW FAST THE BLUE OR DARK ZONES FLASH TO RED - THE FASTER THE BETTER. fOR FANCY COLORED DIAMONDS

Perfect ASET for fancy colored diamond
1645829285692.png 1645829366581.png

1. Best backlighting intensity? IF THE BACKLIGHT IS TOO STRONG YOU WILL SEE SILVER GREY STARS. USING A TRAY ON A YOUTUBE WHITE SCREEN IS PERFECT. FOR TWEEZERS PLACE A SHEET OF COPY PAPER TAPED TO ANY DESK LAMP AND HOLD THE STONE OR RING A FEW INCHES AWAY.
2. Best lighting condition to use it in? IN A JEWEL STORE LOOK UP TOWARD THE LIGHTS.
3. From a tradespeople perspective: is there an etiquette/protocol that a shopper should follow when asking to use an Ideal-Scope that is brought into the store? MAY I USE MY CUT GRADING TOOL TO CHECK THE CUT QUALITY? THEN AND ONLY AFTER ASKING PULL OUT THE IDEAL-SCOPE OR ASET. IF THEY SAY NO, "YOUR DIAMONDS ARE NOT WELL CUT?'
4. Any possibility of an Ideal-Scope reference images (and usage tips) pocket guide that's easy to carry around? https://ideal-scope.com/reference-chart-ideal-scope-images/ SAVE THE IMAGES. I MADE THIS REFERENCE CHART IN 2002.
5. For general assessment of diamonds as a consumer/shopper, are there any usage scenarios that the ASET should be used instead of the Ideal-Scope (different diamond shapes, colors, etc)? ASET FOR ALL FANCY SHAPES, AND IF POSSIBLE ROCK THE STONE TO SEE HOW FAST THE BLUE OR DARK ZONES FLASH TO RED - THE FASTER THE BETTER. fOR FANCY COLORED DIAMONDS

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Ah HA! Thank you, Garry H (Cut Nut). Must be a fine-looking family.

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m so sad to have missed this! Was this seminar recorded? If so, may I have the link to view? Unfortunately was at a work meeting.
-C4C

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Fantastic information - thank you very much, Garry H (Cut Nut)!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock

@Garry H (Cut Nut) thank you! This is great information- and I plan to use it la. This coming week

John Pollard

Shiny_Rock
Staff member
Premium
In The Loupe, Feb 23, 2022 - Ideal Scope in Action

Now available on PriceScope's YouTube channel.

Time Stamps

0:01:30 - The Cut Quality Quandary

0:02:20 - Direct Assessment Methods
0:03:40 - Ideal Scope in Action
0:05:15 - Contrast and diamond beauty
0:07:45 - What a gemologist sees when using Ideal Scope
0:10:50 - Five examples side by side
0:11:15 - The Inventor Speaks
0:18:00 - Garry Holloway prediction (natural vs lab grown diamonds)
0:24:30 - Live Search Demo
0:40:45 - Using the PriceScope Search to filter for Ideal Scope images
0:42:50 - Q&A Session

Last edited:

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! I will be viewing this information shortly!

-C4C

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
In The Loupe, Feb 23, 2022 - Ideal Scope in Action

Now available on PriceScope's YouTube channel.

Time Stamps

0:01:30 - The Cut Quality Quandary

0:02:20 - Direct Assessment Methods
0:03:40 - Ideal Scope in Action
0:05:15 - Contrast and diamond beauty
0:07:45 - What a gemologist sees when using Ideal Scope
0:10:50 - Five examples side by side
0:11:15 - The Inventor Speaks
0:18:00 - Garry Holloway prediction (natural vs lab grown diamonds)
0:24:30 - Live Search Demo
0:40:45 - Using the PriceScope Search to filter for Ideal Scope images
0:42:50 - Q&A Session

Thanks for letting us know how to watch it, for those of us who missed it live. Much appreciated!

AJ37

Rough_Rock
Watched it last night. Great job, very informative.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results