shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Fairy Dust Please for my Mom.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the update, Gypsy. Prayers to your mom, you, and your family. Get some rest.

*M*

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, gosh, I am sorry everyone was upset. I am glad you have John to keep you strong. I am still praying hard for you all and huge hug sweetie!!! We are thinking of you all!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi there,

Just wanted to send well wishes your way. I hope your mom has a peaceful night and you get some rest, too. Please keep us posted.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank goodness for John, I see that he has been your rock through all of this. So nice to see!! What a sweetie pie you have!!
1.gif
I know all of this is hard on everyone involved. Sending more prayers to you sweets. I hope for good news ahead. Nighty night.
12.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Praying for everyone in your family, Layla. You are an inspiration to me. (Does it seem to anyone else that PS breeds some hearty souls?) Maybe it''s the support.
30.gif
We care, and take care of yourself.

shay

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you all. I think PSers are hearty souls, and I think it[s definitely the support. Not so hardy though... I seem to have gotten a little bug. I've got a slight fever, feel generally icky and all stuffed up. And after three days of feeling cold all the time... I'm hot. LOL.

I have some anti-biotics, and I'm thinking of starting them to pre-empt anything. But I'll wait till tommorrow hoping that it passes, got more training at work tomorrow... so it's not going to be a rigorous day, fortunately.

((HUGS)) and thank you for your posts. They make me smile and feel warm inside.

lizardofaz

Shiny_Rock
Oh Gypsy, I somehow missed this thread... So sorry to hear of your mother''s illness. Sending out prayers that all will be well and that your mother will be restored to health. Please take care of yourself!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Just stumbled across this thread, and I wanted to say that I''ll keep your mom in my prayers. She sounds like an incredibly strong woman. *Hugs*

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Lizard and Lady Pirate!

Mom''s fever BROKE!!!
36.gif
36.gif
Her chest looks better. And they are going to try to extabate (spelling?) today!

She doesn''t have a full voluntary control on her gag on cough yet... but they want to try and extabate her and see how she does. If it doesn''t work, they will re-intabate her and talk about a tracheostomy (put hole in your throat).

But I''m really hoping and praying HARD that once they extabate... all will be well.

I know this thread has to have tried your patience. But if you will humor me... please send a prayer, or good thought, or some fairy dust our way... they are going to try it very soon... within the next half hour.

Please please please let her be able to breathe and protect her airway on her own... please.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I hope all will be well about they extabate your mom. Lots of good thoughts and fairy dust!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
All possible good vibes, prayers, karma, fingers and toes crossed, fairy dust, the whole kit ‘n kaboodle is being directed to your mother to give her that extra "umph" she needs right now!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
THANK YOU SNLEE and SUZY (Suzy thanks for the smile too!). No word yet. I told them I'd call at 11. Half hour left.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Called. She''s still too sedated. They are checking her every half hour to see when she''s awake enough to do the procedure. Hopefully, when I call at 12:30 there will some news. THANK YOU ALL for your support. I''m on pins and needles.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2007 1:29:24 PM
Author: Gypsy
THANK YOU SNLEE and SUZY (Suzy thanks for the smile too!). No word yet. I told them I''d call at 11. Half hour left.
Here''s hoping they extubate (sp?) your mom successfully today!!!!
36.gif
Prayers, good wishes and tons of PS fairy dust coming to both you and your mom. I have to commend John yet again for being "there" (in the true sense of the word).

Healing vibes coming to you, Gypsy. As always, with everyone, the body lets you know when it''s been overtaxed.
14.gif
Kudos to you as your mom could not have had a more capable advocate.
17.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Sending prayers and good wishes your mom''s way, and hugs to you!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2007 2:09:44 PM
Called. She''s still too sedated. They are checking her every half hour to see when she''s awake enough to do the procedure. Hopefully, when I call at 12:30 there will some news. THANK YOU ALL for your support. I''m on pins and needles.
Hugs to you! Hoping to hear some good news soon!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
More fairy dust coming your way! I''m so glad your mom is doing better. Too bad you have to deal with all the familial drama...I guess you obviously handle stress a lot better than some of your family members. I''m keeping my fingers crossed for good news soon!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you all Gypsy, and wishing your mom the best.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Sending lots more good thoughts your way (with tons of patience in-store...that''s just silly Layla!).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
THE TUBE IS OUT! Sorry, wanted to update you all ASAP, but was in class when the thing finally came out! There is still a 50% chance it will have to go back in, and then they will have to seriously consider a Trach procedure... but so FAR (it's been 3 hours) so good. She's very VERY VERY agitated, scared, and confused. She doesn't have her voice yet. Will have to wait a couple of days (please god, let her breathing be strong enough so that the tube doesn't have to go back in) for the voice to come back. And her hand writing is still a big problem (though I don't know why, the first time she was intabated she could write just fine, hope her speech center or something hasn't been affected). My aunt (TX) has been asked to leave the room because they felt she was too upset and was upsetting my mother.

Stepdad was there. Started ranting at her as he drove her home. I called, made one innocuous comment to her, and got my head bit off, cause she can't scream at Frank... so she screams at me. Fortunately, I had taken my anxiety pills this afternoon... and I just shrugged it off. Reported her to my other aunt to deal with her later. Called my grandparents to give them the good news. They were making swear to everything you could think of that I was telling the truth...lol.

So, all is well for now. I've got a KICK arse bowl of pasta John made me in front of me. A cat on me, and watching Forest Gump.
2.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
*YAY YAY YAY!!!!* Such good news...keeping my fingers crossed the tube can stay out! And I have to admit that I really want to give your stepdad and aunt a stern talking to about staying calm and not upsetting your mom or anyone else! Glad you''re able to rise above it, though. Enjoy the pasta and Forrest!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2007 10:02:26 PM
Author: thing2of2
*YAY YAY YAY!!!!* Such good news...keeping my fingers crossed the tube can stay out! And I have to admit that I really want to give your stepdad and aunt a stern talking to about staying calm and not upsetting your mom or anyone else! Glad you''re able to rise above it, though. Enjoy the pasta and Forrest!

Thank you honey!!! I''m very happy. Restraining myself from calling again until the shirt change... 9 pm is when I''ll call. God, I''m hoping her breathing is stilll strong.

As for step dad... he''s just noise right now for me. All my thoughts are for my mom''s breathing. Forrest is great, as always, and such a comfort. Plus John bought Joseph Shmidt Truffles. Mmmmmmmmmm. Chocolate.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
keeping you in my prayers gypsy for continued good news for you mom..

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gypsy, glad to hear your mother got the tube out. (ex-tubated?) Don''t worry that her hand-writing isn''t up to par yet, from what I know that is very normal...my dad couldn''t write for like 4-5 months after his first major surgery, but it slowly came back and was normal maybe 8-9 months later. Not saying it will take that long for your mom but it''s not uncommon, I''m sure she''ll regain that ability at whatever point her body and brain are willing to work together on it.

Hope you are enjoying your pasta, sounds good!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
THanks Monnie. Your relating your experiences with your dad really helps. A lot.

Pasta was fabulous. As always. He''s a great cook. And I''m EXTREMELY lucky.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Yay for your mom doing better! And yay for you taking care of yourself! John sounds like a great catch.... thanks for the update!

*M*

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Thinking of you, Gypsy, and hoping your mom''s breathing has improved.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/25/2007 10:25:17 PM
THanks Monnie. Your relating your experiences with your dad really helps. A lot.

Pasta was fabulous. As always. He's a great cook. And I'm EXTREMELY lucky.
Gypsy, you are most welcome. When you describe your mom as "scared, agitated, etc." it means to me that she is still very full of life and hope and FIGHT. So even though it is hard to watch her having those reactions, you must realize that her spirit is still strong and she still has lots of vim and vinegar as they say left in her. She's not letting go, and that is a very. good. thing.

ETA: Also wanted to mention re. your aunt...my dad's mother had to be asked to leave for the very same reasons, it was obvious that her presence alone was highly upsetting to him during his recovery process after he left ICU, she is very needy and was so utterly upset at seeing him under the circumstances that she completely broke down and was making a scene which was of course very stressful to him when he REALLY did not need his stress levels heightened. It happens, but unfortunately some relatives do not understand that their presence may be a hindrence, and not very helpful. I hope the aunt is able to comprehend this and she does not take it personally. Your mom needs to feel supported and not like she's causing a problem to those who need her, so hopefully you can sort of screen out who sees her from now on, John can help you with that and whatever explaining goes along with it, and so can the nurses and doctors who've seen this type of thing a million times before. Most important is your mom's health, not who sees her and sobs all over her and makes her more agitated.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
L, the tube being out is fantastic news! So thrilled for your mom. Recovery, no matter what the circumstance, is typically a long journey, it sounds like your mom is headed in the right direction. HOORAY! Thinking of you, K.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kicken glad its good news!
prayers continue!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results