shape
carat
color
clarity

Proofs are awful...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Janice, I think the pictures are gorgeous. Your daughter is so beautiful and her hubby is so handsome.

Like Skippy said, do you think the photographer can re-shoot pictures of your daughter in her dress???

Love, Linda

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miracles, honey, I have no idea what you are upset about. These pictures are beautiful.

If we had even one tenth of the quality of these pictures in ANY of our proofs, I''d be over the moon.

Seriously, they''re great photos. You have enough to make a decent album. My hubby and I will NEVER have a wedding album of our day because we don''t even have ten good pictures.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I don''t understand....I was expecting to see some really horrible photos, but you posted here is really beautiful! They''re full of emotion, and seem to capture the beauty and lively spirit of the day. There is a lot of creativity in most of the shots - and the lighting and angles are quite good, IMO, in the shots you posted. I understand and agree that there should have been at least one full-length shot of the bride in your dress....but still, I wouldn''t describe these proofs as "awful" at all.

You said your daughter liked the photos, which is good. I think that''s really the most important thing.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miracles, I have to say that you might not like the styles of the photos because they aren't traditional, but really, they are beautiful. I wouldn't worry about it...they are high quality and very artistic and fun.

And Haven I am so sorry that your pictures are not up to snuff! I also would expect much more from a professional. All I can say is cropping and editing can do a lot, and YOU look absolutely stunning.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
They''re very photojournalistic! I don''t think they''re bad at all..but that''s my personal opinion. I understand not having any of her alone in the dress..so I think a reshoot/bridal portrait session is a good idea. But I think all of the others you showed are good!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Oh, sweetie, I''m sorry you didn''t get the picture that was so important. After everything you guys went through getting that dress just right, I can see how you''d be disappointed without that shot. But the pictures you guys do have are stunning. Really. I''m sure in a year you''ll love them and be thrilled. But for now...*hugs*

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 4:10:28 AM
Author: miraclesrule
Mommy daugher dance to try and dry her tears after her Papa dance
OMG. I think this is one of the most beautiful wedding pictures I''ve ever seen....

It made me tear up...

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Miracles, I understand and totally respect that you''re upset about missing some of the shots you were hoping for, especially of your gorgeous daughter and her dress, but they really did come out FABULOUSLY!
30.gif

They''re like pages right out of a classy wedding magazine, for sure!

I hope you''re able to work out with the photographer a way to shoot some pictures of your daughter in her dress and end up with all of the photos you desire.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 2:25:45 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Date: 8/23/2008 4:10:28 AM

Author: miraclesrule

Mommy daugher dance to try and dry her tears after her Papa dance

OMG. I think this is one of the most beautiful wedding pictures I''ve ever seen....

It made me tear up...
Me too Miracles!! I was just scrolling through thinking "Wow these are some really nice shots here, very beautiful use of light and angles...."

Then I scrolled down to that shot and IMMEDIATELY tears sprang to my eyes, I got all choked up, and just thought that it was the single most touching wedding photo I''ve ever seen. Just thought you should know.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!! I do love this husband and wife team.

I guess the title of the thread was misleading. As I said, I didn''t think all the photos were awful and that there were about 30 that I absolutely
30.gif
!! There are many more that I like.

It''s just that I was awfully disappointed with the photo shoot with just the two of them and by not having a shot of her in the dress. She is going to have another shoot with the photographers to get the art shots and the full bride and gown shots. Also, they had very little time alone with the photogs, and that was due to a lot of things. Those shots are among the worst surprisingly. It''s almost like HighDef or something, because it looks like my daughter has 10 times more makeup on than she actually did and those specific photos along with the pre-wedding of the Bride were the most dissapointing.

I am also gathering photos from all her friends and will create a book from an online vendor so she has pictures of the guests as there are next to nil in the professional ones.

I highly recommend paying the extra for a photobooth!! I could kick myself for not doing it. I debated and vascillated about adding that during the last few weeks leading up the wedding, but I began to panic at costs and also, just plain forgot. I remember telling my daughter I was going to call them and order it, but I think I just plain forgot. It''s so important, I think, to have pictures of the guests. And crazy photo booths produce some amazing, fun and funky opportunities for that.

I will post some more when I can get the dang keyboard to cooperate and get rid of the logo.

I am grateful that they will get another opportunity because these photogs are soooooooo amazing at special effects and creativity...as well as being just a fun, fun couple.

I need to go get some groceries now....

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Miracles, I so totally "get" being disappointed that you don't have a full shot of the dress. I feel that way about some of the details I didn't get to see and weren't captured by my pictures.

That said, these pictures are BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL. I like how even the romantic ones aren't gooey - they have a romantic yet cool look to them. I wish mine were like that - some of ours are like gooey romantic - so NOT who we are. But we didn't realize to tell the photographer that so...oh well...

I think these pictures are actually one of my favorites so far - they really capture not only the mood of the couple, but their sense of style, too...I feel like I'm really seeing THEM, not a version of themselves for the day.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Miracles- the photos are STUNNING! I''d much prefer that they captured the incredibly precious moments of the wedding, rather than that one elusive head to toe shot (which sounds like something that you still be done with just a formal portrait shot). They seemed to capture some very meaningful, emotional shots and I hope you can see the big picture and appreciate what you do have now.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
absolutely gorgeous photos! i hope mine are that nice!!!
glad that your photog is willing to retake some of those shots you hoped to have.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just had to chime in and agree that these are beautiful pictures! I''d probably see if the size of the package can be reduced. As deco said earlier, I''d rather have a smaller album of maybe 35-50 great pictures than a couple hundred ordinary ones. She can still do the second album to have the extra pictures of guests, etc.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 4:49:13 PM
Author: icekid
Miracles- the photos are STUNNING! I''d much prefer that they captured the incredibly precious moments of the wedding, rather than that one elusive head to toe shot (which sounds like something that you still be done with just a formal portrait shot). They seemed to capture some very meaningful, emotional shots and I hope you can see the big picture and appreciate what you do have now.
Ditto!

Just wanted to chime back in to say that I really love your daughter''s dress - and I like the fact that she had a full scarlet bouquet - it contrasts so well against her dress. I also love the black dresses on the bridesmaids and the scarlet roses aginst the black as well. Everything really looked beautiful.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey miracles. I would be really dissappointed if there weren't portaits of me,, full length with my gown so I totally get it. But the pics you do have are really lovely. The style is photojouralistic and that's not everyone's cup of tea. I am happy to hear that your daughter is happy with them, and she does look really lovely. The pic of the two of you is priceless.

I would think of it like this... the photgrapher may not have captured all the details, but he did capture a lot of emotion, and a lot of moments that can never be recaptured or recreated. Fortunately, bridal portraits can be done, as you are planning to have done!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I totally agree Gypsy. I also agree with everyone else that they are still amazing photos. I still have some that I want to post, because that''s the way I roll....
9.gif
This was her dance with her Papa

wedding miracles bride and Papa dance.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Me and one of my daughter''s best friend''s. The photogs also got a very 5-star photo of her sitting at her table. I just wish I could get a clean copy of it

wedding miracles and femi.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
the bride and groom getin' jiggy with it....with me geting jiggy in the backgroud. I love to dance until I drop.

wedding miracles b and g dancing.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
This is actually a great shot of the grooms cake considering how jacked that cake was done. I like it because the whole first conversation they had comprised the geekiness of the Baroness..

wedding miracles destro and baroness .jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure how I feel about this photo, but because the room was so dark, they have some interesting blank and whites that make it feel like we were in a different place and time. I can't keep my eyes open so it is bedtime....

wedding miracles bw sweetheart table.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh, I love these new pictures. Love the new one of your daughter dancing with her Papa!!! Love you dancing in the background too. I am another one, who loves to dance, until I drop, tee hee. I love the black and white photo. GORGEOUS!!!!!!! All of the pictures are so beautiful... gorgeous.

Linda

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I don''t remember if I posted on this thread already. I know I meant to.

Anyway, what my original post was going to say is that as beautiful as your daughter is, I bet she would rock any "bad" photo like no tomorrow.

After seeing the pics, I was right
9.gif
and all of these photos are beautiful
30.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a pity that there''s not one of her in her dress from head to toe, but the photos really are beautiful. Her wedding looks like it was great!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry the pics weren''t what you expected, but, these ones you posted are great! What a gorgeous bunch you all are!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies. It was a great day
36.gif

I realize now that we didn''t have the best lighting conditions in the reception room and so many other things. But in the end, it''s just money
22.gif
I would rather lose money than health or life. So I just need to put it all in perspective. Besides, I look forward to get photos of my future grandchild and the wedding album will probably be collecting dust somewhere.

It''s the whole return on investment that''s gutwrenching. But I have a lot of options at this point now, so hopefully, I will continue to feel better about that chunk of change in the future.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know what Janice? You are right. The wedding albums do get put away in the closet or wherever. OUT comes the new photos and precious albums of b a b i e s!!!
30.gif
Just ask me
9.gif
I have photos everywhere of my two grandboys.

Again, the pictures are beautiful, you looked beautiful, your daughter looks gorgeous and everything was beautiful.

Just thing of all the future baby pictures that will be coming along
30.gif
Your walls will be covered with them
36.gif

clop

Shiny_Rock
Hiya!

Just wanted to say that your pictures are beautiful! Both you are your daughter look so gorgeous! I hope my pictures come out half as nice (lol they may not as our subject matter isn''t quite so stunning) Pity there is no head to toe shot of your daughter''s dress, after all that tailoring drama. Though it looks like they''ll be captured in the next shoot?

Thanks for sharing your pictures, they''re divine!

kellybelly

Shiny_Rock
this is making me think about my own photographer who is a photojournalist. seems that its the staged vs. candid conundrum. i want to give her the license to do what she wants and trust her artistic judgement, but like you Miracles, if i did not have some more of the traditional photos, such as me alone in my gown, i believe i would be regretting it later. although we can''t rewind time and make sure they get that shot for you, perhaps it will help other of us in the future in communicating with our photographers during the wedding day. the shot list is a good start, but its sort of understandable for them to get caught up in the moment and maybe miss out on a few requests.

p.s. you all looked fantastic and so so happy. :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know I don''t think there is one of me (head to toe and alone) either. I never really thought about it since I *like* close-ups. I know my MIL was obsessed about getting a photo with DH, SIL and FIL (w/o me...whatever). I asked my mom if she was sad they didn''t get one of just her family (w/o DH) and she said "DH IS my family now so why should I be upset?"
30.gif
Mama knows best. My point is people have different expectations and unless you give them a list of ALL the poses you want something will be overlooked. I think the photos came out great. Your daughter is happy. You said the day was perfect. Is something bothering you besides the photos?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results