shape
carat
color
clarity

Proofs are awful...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 4:37:52 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 8/21/2008 11:50:55 PM
Author:miraclesrule
My daughter likes a lot of them, but doesn't know why they didn't post some of the ones we know they took. ::sigh::
I realize you're upset ... but if your daughter is happy with the photographer (did she choose?) PLEASE don't tarnish HER experience with your disappointment. This is a critical stage. She's cementing memories about her wedding and the joy etc. If you throw a tantrum in front of her (not saying you will -- just speculating as to what might happen if all your feelings spilled out in front of her with the same intensity you're venting on this thread) -- it could CHANGE her feelings about things. It could make HER sad, when she wasn't sad. It could make her feel ashamed of her choice of photographer (if she chose) ... etc etc etc.

I'm beginning to get what 'beholden' means to people. I'd be stunned & hurt if my mom was so vocal about when she liked or didn't like about my wedding or vendors. Especially if I didn't agree.
6.gif

Just saying -- you may think you're helping but TREAD LIGHTLY -- you could cause more harm than good here at this point.

I think there is a misunderstanding here, so let me clarify...

1. My daughter choose to pay the costs of this family and wife team to shoot only. She did not plan on buying any prints and intended on waiting exactly one year in order to get her proofs on DVD and have her niece photoshop them and they would make an album from several sources.

2. My daughter would have loved to have had the money to have ordered an album, but it was cost prohibitive.

3. *I* assumed that the photographers, because they were among the top reviewed in town, would have great photographs and they are excellent at special effects and digital deviation to enhance and creat extremely phenomenal photos. In fact, I have seen their work and thought it was pretty awesome...not knowing that most of them are done on day after shoots.

4. *I* made the decision to order the cadillac version of a wedding album as a surprise combined xmas present for her and her DH. I impulsively decided to do this and paid for it prior to viewing the proofs.

5. My daughter can stay happy and wait one year for her DVD and go ahead with her plan. She still won't have a photo of her alone in her dress, so if she doesn't care about that, that's fine. I happen to care a lot about that. I love the groom, but I wanted a lot of nice pictures for a parents album as a keepsake as well. I want that keepsake to have at least one f'ing photo of my daughter's dress that I went through so much drama to have look so good.

6. *I* don't like enough of the photos for me to pay for the cadillac version of the album from this vendor as a surprise gift to her, because I would rather have another album made with pictures from other professional photogs who were there and have produced excellent photos combined with this vendor.

7. *I* am glad that my daughter likes some of the photos. I like many of the photos as well. Me being upset because I don't think it's worth $3500 for a book in which my daughter's pictures can only come from one vendor in which I am not happy with the shot they have to work with are separate from my daughter. She never expected to get an album from them anyway, so it's not hurting her.

It bums me out because I feel compelled to cancel the order, period. On the bright side, I may be able to start plotting my earrings again.

If my daughter does go through with a "day after" shoot with this vendor in the near future and they produce enough better shots of my daughter, then I will reconsider the surprise album I was going to spring for. I will have to discuss that with the vendor.

Hopefully that clarifies that. I can't amy more stop being disappointed at the drop of a hat, than I can grow thicker hair and have smaller feet. Okay, well I can, but it is more of a process. Coming on this board at venting is a little like coughing up the black stuff on the Green Mile. I just wanted to intensely vent so that I don't hold it all in and upset my daughter, but thank you for the warning. I appreciate your intention. i just don't know if I can "hide" it, as I am as transparent as clear glass. She would be more suspicious if I acted like I liked them as she predicted before i ever even saw that I wouldn't like them. Now, why would she assume that, when I can't get enough of looking at her pictures?? Because she knows, just like she knew the dress was wonkly but wanted to be in denial. It's okay, this too shall pass. Like a big kidney stone....ouch.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry Miracles, I know this was a very unexpected thing to happen given how stunning both the bride and groom are. ((HUGS)). I hope they improve drastically with editting, cropping and time.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Okay, well here come some of my favorite unretouched proofs, but certainly not all of them....that would take too long....

wedding miracles dress in window.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
This is when everyone, but me, thought they would be able to get into the dress this way. I was right. She had to dive head first in through the bottom....

wedding miracles trying to get into dress.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
She was too nervous and claustrophobic in the room and couldn't put her earrings on and needed me to do it for her.

wedding miracles putting earrings on.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
The only pre wedding pictures of all of us and only available in black and white....they finally brought us some champagne.

wedding miracles girls toast.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
The flowr girl and ring bearer waiting to walk

wedding miracles flower girl.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
the Groom and groomsmen playing while we were holed up in a tiny room bumping into each other waiting for some champagne

wedding groomsmen bw.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
the men...looking cool

wedding miracles elevator.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I love this photo of the groom

wedding miracles groom.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I love this one too

wedding miracles groom and gm.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
And one of the coolest flying groom shot

wedding miracles flying groom.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Kung fu groom

wedding miracles kung fu groom.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Preparing to walk with me and her Papa

wedding miracles waiting to walk.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
the ring bearer and Captain America

wedding miracles ring bearer.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Beginning the walk

wedding miracles begin walk.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
At the top of the stairs...I still can''t get the other one copied without the logo.....but I will get is by tomorrow....

wedding miracles approaching stairs.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
The wishing well

wedding miracles wishing well.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
At the well

wedding miracles at the well.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I love this picture of my Mom and stepdad before the ceremony

wedding miracles mom and stepdad.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Reading her vows

wedding vows.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Me grinning at her vows with my Mom behind me

wedding miracles grin and gramma.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Groom saying his vows

wedding miracles saying vows.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Placing the grooms ring

wedding miracles groom ring.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
With the Bridsemaids

wedding miracles bms.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Laughing after a scandalous move by the the MOH with my niece

wedding miracles silly bms.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
My family

wedding miracles family.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Me and my baby

wedding miracles and daughter.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
The zorro wedding party

wedding miracles zorro party.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I love this kiss as they were done with the recessional

wedding miracles recesstional kiss.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results