shape
carat
color
clarity

Proof That Obama Is An Elitist-He Uses Grey Poupon Mustard!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
In Korea, I hear they put SPAM on Pizza. Which doesn''t sound like a bad thing to me...I am an admitted SPAM lover.

Question, where in the country does the line get drawn to call Best Foods vs Hellman''s? Hm...think I need a trip over to wikipedia.

Freke, I vote go wild...freak out the purists here, hehehe.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 11:58:41 PM
Author: TravelingGal
In Korea, I hear they put SPAM on Pizza. Which doesn''t sound like a bad thing to me...I am an admitted SPAM lover.

Question, where in the country does the line get drawn to call Best Foods vs Hellman''s? Hm...think I need a trip over to wikipedia.

Isn''t Hellman''s back east and Best Foods is out west??? I LOVE spam?? Hey try it broiled with a slice of pineapple on it!! yummmmmmmmy

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

OMG, SPAM is great, but haven''t had it since my college days. Oh the things we used to eat. How about Dinty Moore Canned Beef Stew, now that was a staple, hehe.

Hellman''s rules. It''s not mayo unless it''s Hellman''s... I should work for an ad agency.
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do not like Miracle Whip, or Kraft Mayonnaise
14.gif
Those are nasty!!!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 12:02:23 AM
Author: Linda W

Isn''t Hellman''s back east and Best Foods is out west??? I LOVE spam?? Hey try it broiled with a slice of pineapple on it!! yummmmmmmmy

Yup, it is east vs west...I was just trying to figure out where the change happened. Courtesy of wikipedia:

"Hellmann''s and Best Foods are brand names that are used for the same line of mayonnaise and other food products. The Hellmann''s brand is sold in the United States east of the Rocky Mountains, and also in Latin America, Europe, and Canada. The Best Foods brand is sold in the United States west of the Rockies.

Hellmann''s and Best Foods are basically marketed the same way. They both have similar logos and web sites, and they have the same English slogan: "Bring out the best." The Spanish slogan is "Haz una cara...Hellmann''s!" (roughly translated to "Make a Hellman''s face!"). In Brazil it is "Hellmann''s, a verdadeira maionese" (Hellmann''s, the true mayonnaise)."

Spam with pineapple...will have to try that! I also get the low sodium spam...it''s SPAMy enough for me. Spam, rice, and kimchee...a Korean college''s student survival meal. Unless things were REALLY bad that is, in which case it''s rice and soy sauce and if you''re lucky, an fried egg on top.

Kaleigh, dinty moore stew...I remember that. You can put spam in it and eat it with rice and kimchee.
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh...check out the rest of the wiki article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellmans

Apparently Best Foods and Hellmans are similar, but not identical. Now I need to get a jar of Hellman''s to try it!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 12:10:09 AM

Date: 11/11/2008 12:02:23 AM

Yup, it is east vs west...I was just trying to figure out where the change happened. Courtesy of wikipedia:

''Hellmann''s and Best Foods are brand names that are used for the same line of mayonnaise and other food products. The Hellmann''s brand is sold in the United States east of the Rocky Mountains, and also in Latin America, Europe, and Canada. The Best Foods brand is sold in the United States west of the Rockies.

Hellmann''s and Best Foods are basically marketed the same way. They both have similar logos and web sites, and they have the same English slogan: ''Bring out the best.'' The Spanish slogan is ''Haz una cara...Hellmann''s!'' (roughly translated to ''Make a Hellman''s face!''). In Brazil it is ''Hellmann''s, a verdadeira maionese'' (Hellmann''s, the true mayonnaise).''

Spam with pineapple...will have to try that! I also get the low sodium spam...it''s SPAMy enough for me. Spam, rice, and kimchee...a Korean college''s student survival meal. Unless things were REALLY bad that is, in which case it''s rice and soy sauce and if you''re lucky, an fried egg on top.

Kaleigh, dinty moore stew...I remember that. You can put spam in it and eat it with rice and kimchee.
9.gif
I''ll have to pass this on to Ash since she''s a poor college student. But now am craving me some Spam on crackers. Yummm.
18.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa, heat it up in a pan first, then put it on a cracker.
18.gif
I heat it, until it is golden brown..... delicious!!!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 12:25:04 AM
Lisa, heat it up in a pan first, then put it on a cracker.
18.gif
I heat it, until it is golden brown..... delicious!!!!!
Yes, it must have the crust!!!

That''s it...tomorrow I am having a spam and tuna sandwich. This thread is killing me.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, Kaleigh-Hellmann''s is really just the only mayo there is! I guess Best Foods is a close second mostly because the name is wrong! And I can really tell right away if it''s not Hellmann''s mayo! I despise Miracle Whip, Kraft mayo, Duke''s, etc. They just taste horrible to me!

I am a total food brand loyalist. Whatever my mom used is what I want! And I do NOT like store brands. My mom never bought them and I never buy them either! I''m a food brand name snob, apparently, and it''s all my mom''s fault!
3.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
You guys are making me soooooo hungry! It is far too late to make Tuna Salad. I WILL NOT DO IT!!!
23.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha ha ha ha, Thing. me too, all my moms fault when my bro and I were growing up.

In fact, my daughter bought my grandsons store brand peanut butter. ick ick ick. I threw it out. I went back and bought Skippy
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 12:42:34 AM
ha ha ha ha, Thing. me too, all my moms fault when my bro and I were growing up.

In fact, my daughter bought my grandsons store brand peanut butter. ick ick ick. I threw it out. I went back and bought Skippy
9.gif
OK, but didn''t miracles say (I think she''s in the biz or something) that store brand is usually made by a national brand? I admit, I buy store brand PB and can''t see the diff....

Is there store brand for spam? What would they call store brand spam? Just put a big question mark on the can?

And is Spork in Canada the same as Spam?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
T-Gal, I could taste the difference. It was nasty. It was dry as cardboard and the boys hated it. It was actually peeling, if that is the right word.
14.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 12:53:30 AM
T-Gal, I could taste the difference. It was nasty. It was dry as cardboard and the boys hated it. It was actually peeling, if that is the right word.
14.gif
Ooh...ew...OK, I will check out more carefully my peanut butter.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm....So no corn and tuna....but I do have spam. And mandarin oranges. And soy sauce...and rice vermicelli. This could get interesting.

Lemme go look in my pantry...

Ok....I said interesting, I meant interesting. I''ve got about 3 jars of nutella, chocolate chips, pineapple, spam, green beans, canned pears, frozen mango, frozen strawberries, frozen huckleberries, frozen blueberries, frozen raspberries, frozen bananas, frozen pineapple, dried black cherries, BBQ sauce, ketchup, green chile, sesame oil, French, Zesty Italian and Ranch dressings, Bold and Tangy deli mustard, maple syrup (regular and cinnamon infused), capers, green olives, parmesan (2 kinds), American cheese, smoked gouda, regular gouda, assorted nuts...among lots and lots of other stuff.

And I bought Best Foods mayo, for those interested.

And we have 10 cans of Chicken of the Sea tuna.

What kind should I make? (Any suggestions TGal? I''m thinking of maybe something Asian inspired...Or maybe Italian...Or New Mexican...Or all three plus my normal stuff...)

::::maniacal laughter::::

27.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nighty night ladies, No doubt I will be dreaming of SPAM heated in a pan, with Crispy edges. Good thing I am going grocery shopping tomorrow. Since Hubby and I met in college, am thinking tomorrow nights meal will be a walk down memory lane. SPAM, and Dinty Moore. OMG, he will kill me..... He's more of a Grey Poupon Kinda guy.... hehe.
31.gif
20.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
YUM YUM YUM TO ALL OF THAT LUSCIOUS FROZEN FRUIT!!! I love yogurt on that
18.gif

Ack!!!!! Did you say Nutella????????????????????????????????????????????????????
18.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 1:02:55 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Hmmm....So no corn and tuna....but I do have spam. And mandarin oranges. And soy sauce...and rice vermicelli. This could get interesting.

Lemme go look in my pantry...

Ok....I said interesting, I meant interesting. I''ve got about 3 jars of nutella, chocolate chips, pineapple, spam, green beans, canned pears, frozen mango, frozen strawberries, frozen huckleberries, frozen blueberries, frozen raspberries, frozen bananas, frozen pineapple, dried black cherries, BBQ sauce, ketchup, green chile, sesame oil, French, Zesty Italian and Ranch dressings, Bold and Tangy deli mustard, maple syrup (regular and cinnamon infused), capers, green olives, parmesan (2 kinds), American cheese, smoked gouda, regular gouda, assorted nuts...among lots and lots of other stuff.

And I bought Best Foods mayo, for those interested.

And we have 10 cans of Chicken of the Sea tuna.

What kind should I make? (Any suggestions TGal? I''m thinking of maybe something Asian inspired...Or maybe Italian...Or New Mexican...Or all three plus my normal stuff...)

::::maniacal laughter::::

27.gif
Uh, FORGET the tuna...spread that Nutella on something and call it a day!!!
18.gif

I''d do a lovely tray of fried spam strips, pineapple (as suggested by Linda), gouda, nuts and a glass of wine. Not sure how the pineapple and wine would go, but hell, just eat more Spam!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 1:04:36 AM
Author: Kaleigh
Nighty night ladies, No doubt I will be dreaming of SPAM heated in a pan, with Crispy edges. Good thing I am going grocery shopping tomorrow. Since Hubby and I met in college, am thinking tomorrow nights meal will be a walk down memory lane. SPAM, and Dinty Moore. OMG, he will kill me..... He''s more of a Grey Poupon Kinda guy.... hehe.
31.gif
20.gif
LOL Kaleigh, you HAVE to do it. I bet it will be the best meal he''s had in ages!!!

I''m going shopping tomorrow to buy spam too!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...saltines with nutella! Like chocolate dipped pretzels BUT BETTER! Because it''s NUTELLA!

Who wants to come over and participate in my nutella party?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 1:12:34 AM
Hmmm...saltines with nutella! Like chocolate dipped pretzels BUT BETTER! Because it''s NUTELLA!

I wish, but I don''t do PS GTGs.
2.gif
3.gif

But for nutella...hmmmm...........................

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
35.gif
I do, I do. I love Nutella!!!! I am so bad, I eat it right out of the jar ha!!!

T-Gal. I am getting Spam tomorrow too. I buy the same kind as you do. I love that stuff. The grandboys do also.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 1:13:24 AM

2.gif
3.gif

But you would have to bring little Amelia too, so we could all smooch her little cheeks
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 1:15:43 AM

2.gif
3.gif

But you would have to bring little Amelia too, so we could all smooch her little cheeks
9.gif
She''s going to be concerned that her mother keeps nutty company with spam and nutella loving diamond crazies!

So I wonder how many ATW PSers will be having either tuna or spam tomorrow night for dinner....

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 1:15:43 AM

2.gif
3.gif

9.gif
TGal! If you and Linda ever want to take a road trip to NM, I''ll feed everyone nutella until they pop! AND I''ll even make my nutella cake!

(And whatever tuna salad you want!)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
:::Raises hand:::

I''m going to have tuna salad! FF is leaving for Saint Louis tomorrow so I''m on my own. Which means I can eat whatever I want to, whenever I want to!!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2008 6:30:00 PM

Date: 11/10/2008 6:28:40 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 11/10/2008 6:26:05 PM

YES, I put mustard in those, but not in tuna, tee hee.
snicker.gif
Gotcha. I don't put mustard in my tuna either! I like mine w/mayo and celery on white soft bread. In England they put corn in tuna sandwiches and I wasn't too fond of that.

Corn in tuna????
14.gif
OK, where is Lorelei?????????????
I here!
35.gif

I bear bad tidings folks.....Corn and tuna is an oft found combo here! You can find tuna and corn sammiches, tuna and tinned sweetcorn salad - if your casserole, salad, sammich, pizza or even cereal * JK*
11.gif
has the blahs...throw in a tin of sweetcorn!
3.gif

I say yuck too however, I think it is a horrible combo
emotion-41.gif
- but Skippers is right!
9.gif

vintagecushion

Shiny_Rock
Mmm, nutella. Frekechild, aren''t you a pastry chef? I''m looking for excuses to visit NM!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup VC, I am. And nutella....is....probably the best thing ever invented.

Come visit!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results