shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Cut - Spread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2010 11:02:02 PM
Author: tonym
Thanks Sara and Lorelei,
You are right, maybe it's not worth removing a potential diamond just because of fluorescence.

For instance, the GOG option that CCL posted, has medium fluorescence, but is an AGS0 , and has a good ASET (so I'm told :) )

I suppose I need to understand what the real impact of medium fluorescence would be - e.g. in high UV daylight (very high UV down here in Australia), as well as other situations. I don't want fluorescence to be something I look back on in a few years and say 'hmmmphh.. I really should've chosen something without fluorescence...'
For a more complete picture on Fluroescence read this thorough article http://journal.pricescope.com/Articles/73/1/Blue-Fluorescence-in-Diamonds.aspx

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/21/2010 11:02:02 PM
Thanks Sara and Lorelei,
You are right, maybe it''s not worth removing a potential diamond just because of fluorescence.

For instance, the GOG option that CCL posted, has medium fluorescence, but is an AGS0 , and has a good ASET (so I''m told :) )

I suppose I need to understand what the real impact of medium fluorescence would be - e.g. in high UV daylight (very high UV down here in Australia), as well as other situations. I don''t want fluorescence to be something I look back on in a few years and say ''hmmmphh.. I really should''ve chosen something without fluorescence...''
Medium blue fluorescence will not normally have any negative effects on the diamond, however due to where you are located it is possible you will be seeing more bluish effects from it compared to some of us in the Northern Hemisphere. If you can, see if you can view some stones with medium blue fluorescence in person. You shouldn''t have to worry about medium causing the stone to look cloudy.

tonym

Rough_Rock
Ok,
Looks like one option I was very keen on, can''t go through. Was just out of reach of budget ..

Anyway,
Would be interested in further feedback from you guys re this GOG option:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/7011
It''s a 2.07 f/vs2 , medium blue fluorescence - I think I''m now OK with the fluorescence bit, was worried about it at first. The ASET looks good, but would like your opinions.
I found what seems to be a perfect ASET - http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/6510 , obviously a smaller diamond and not what I''m look for, but just interesting for comparison - and maybe an ASET like that is something I should aim for in a princess.. Although I don''t believe they come around every day!

My other option is a 2.05 f/vs2, which is available locally. Depth 72.9, Table 71. Gia Ex/Vg. No ASET, but it simply caught my eye when looking at local stones. Maybe the GOG option will blow me away, but I would risk losing the 2.05 option if I go down the GOG path.

Any feedback appreciated.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2010 3:30:46 AM
Ok,
Looks like one option I was very keen on, can''t go through. Was just out of reach of budget ..

Anyway,
Would be interested in further feedback from you guys re this GOG option:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/7011
It''s a 2.07 f/vs2 , medium blue fluorescence - I think I''m now OK with the fluorescence bit, was worried about it at first. The ASET looks good, but would like your opinions.
I found what seems to be a perfect ASET - http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/6510 , obviously a smaller diamond and not what I''m look for, but just interesting for comparison - and maybe an ASET like that is something I should aim for in a princess.. Although I don''t believe they come around every day!

My other option is a 2.05 f/vs2, which is available locally. Depth 72.9, Table 71. Gia Ex/Vg. No ASET, but it simply caught my eye when looking at local stones. Maybe the GOG option will blow me away, but I would risk losing the 2.05 option if I go down the GOG path.

Any feedback appreciated.
Tony

I am getting an error message with those links at the moment, I will check back and try again presently.

Rocksalt

Rough_Rock
Tony- The GOG stone (http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/6510) was purchased yesterday... by me! The ASET is excellent and the stone looked awesome in person. The folks at GOG had other ideal stones that they showed me, but they were out of my budget.

Best of luck.

Rocksalt

Rough_Rock

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
yap, the ASET looks good.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2010 11:25:55 AM
Author: Rocksalt
Tony- The GOG stone (http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/6510) was purchased yesterday... by me! The ASET is excellent and the stone looked awesome in person. The folks at GOG had other ideal stones that they showed me, but they were out of my budget.

Best of luck.
So you went with that one RS? Congratulations!!!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Been a while since I''ve been hanging out in Rocky Talky, but I''m a princess cut aficionado and I love to comment on these threads! In a nutshell, both ASETs are great. Visually, you shouldn''t see a difference in performance between the one you''re looking at and the one RS bought. And even though I bought my princess from Whiteflash, I think the GOG stones look better in this particular case. Personally, I''d jump at the chance to get a diamond with medium to strong fluor because it''s such a cool effect in sunlight! Fluorescence is a personal preference and not at all a universal detriment or advantage...especially when it''s only medium. I also think the GOG stone is paradoxically less of a gamble than the local stone (given all the info you have about it online), and I''d go for it!

tonym

Rough_Rock
Thanks all for your responses.
Rocksalt - Congrats, that is a great looking diamond you picked up!

I have checked the options on Whiteflash, but nothing there that ticks all my boxes. They can get options in, but I think it''s the case where there is a consensus that the GOG option is great - and I''ll accept that medium fluorescence would not impact the look of the diamond (either good or bad)..

Maybe if I can get the local stone side-by-side with the GOG, that would be the determining factor. Given the GOG return policy. But something makes me think that the GOG stone would be nicer..

Decisions decisions.. Lifetime decisions decisions! :)
I''m so caught up in this diamond search, I need to step back and realise that a diamond isn''t the only requirement for a great relationship.. But I do want be able to see it on her finger everyday and go "wow.. yes,, I made an excellent choice" .. but I suppose I could send myself broke with continuing to want better and better! :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2010 2:12:07 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Been a while since I''ve been hanging out in Rocky Talky, but I''m a princess cut aficionado and I love to comment on these threads! In a nutshell, both ASETs are great. Visually, you shouldn''t see a difference in performance between the one you''re looking at and the one RS bought. And even though I bought my princess from Whiteflash, I think the GOG stones look better in this particular case. Personally, I''d jump at the chance to get a diamond with medium to strong fluor because it''s such a cool effect in sunlight! Fluorescence is a personal preference and not at all a universal detriment or advantage...especially when it''s only medium. I also think the GOG stone is paradoxically less of a gamble than the local stone (given all the info you have about it online), and I''d go for it!
THERE you are J!!!!
35.gif

tonym

Rough_Rock
Ok,
One last question for the awesome team here..
My search for the ideal option continues..

Which brings me to this diamond, which appears to be the absolute Ideal Princess. From what I've read, Crafted by Infinity do the best.
2.15 F/VS1 Princess:
=518&src=loupe:2o8h065d]http://www.craftedbyinfinity.com/index.php?pid=63&lang=eng&sid[]=518&src=loupe
(on hold, not sold).

It looks like the true ideal choice, but interested to hear your thoughts on ASET (even comparing to GOG 7011), and Infinity in general.

Cheers.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2010 6:42:06 PM
Ok,
One last question for the awesome team here..
My search for the ideal option continues..

Which brings me to this diamond, which appears to be the absolute Ideal Princess. From what I''ve read, Crafted by Infinity do the best.
2.15 F/VS1 Princess:
=518&src=loupe:2o8h065d]http://www.craftedbyinfinity.com/index.php?pid=63&lang=eng&sid[]=518&src=loupe
(on hold, not sold).

It looks like the true ideal choice, but interested to hear your thoughts on ASET (even comparing to GOG 7011), and Infinity in general.

Cheers.
GOG''s website is down again Tony so sorry, can''t access the links right now.

Infinity are a superb brand.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yap, craftedbyinfinity is one of the best.

tonym

Rough_Rock
Yah, looks like GOG keeps going up and down! ..

Back up now, but who knows for how long.. http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/7011/

Still interested in feedback on a comparison between the GOG 2.07 and Infinity 2.15..... :)

tonym

Rough_Rock
Just had another local-ish option come up at Jogia.

Is it just me, or is the ASET for this 2.05 F/VS2 absolutely crankin'' ?
http://www.jogiadiamonds.com.au/diamonds/diamonditem.php?code=CXF8998

It''s coming down to a decision between the Jogia, the GOG 2.07 f/vs2 (#7011) , or a local 2.05 f/vs2.

I must say the Infinity 2.15f/vs1 was definitely ideal, but it simply kept slipping out of budget. Wink has been an absolute pleasure to work with, and I wish I would''ve been able to bring him my business. Same goes for Paul !

Regards,
Tony

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2010 7:34:04 AM
Just had another local-ish option come up at Jogia.

Is it just me, or is the ASET for this 2.05 F/VS2 absolutely crankin'' ?
http://www.jogiadiamonds.com.au/diamonds/diamonditem.php?code=CXF8998

It''s coming down to a decision between the Jogia, the GOG 2.07 f/vs2 (#7011) , or a local 2.05 f/vs2.

I must say the Infinity 2.15f/vs1 was definitely ideal, but it simply kept slipping out of budget. Wink has been an absolute pleasure to work with, and I wish I would''ve been able to bring him my business. Same goes for Paul !

Regards,
Tony
Thats a super ASET.

tonym

Rough_Rock
Thanks Lorelei,
Yeh, just as I was closing in on a decision - the Jogia option came up. Confused once again.
It has slightly smaller LxW measurements which is one negative. Positive is that it doesn''t have medium fluoro, although that''s not as much of a positive compared to where my thoughts were last week! :)

I''m told the Jogia will have an "AGS PGS" done tomorrow. Not exactly sure what that is, but I''m guessing it will tell whether the stone would be classed as an AGS Ideal in light performance (and other criteria).
More info, more confusion, great!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
ditto on the ASET.

Jogia is probably running a full sarin scan through it and using the AGS PBS software to grade the stone based on the proportion of the stone from the scan to see how it score on the AGS grade for performance.

Good luck deciding.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2010 11:02:16 AM
Author: Stone-cold11
ditto on the ASET.

Jogia is probably running a full sarin scan through it and using the AGS PBS software to grade the stone based on the proportion of the stone from the scan to see how it score on the AGS grade for performance.

Good luck deciding.
Ditto. Let us know what happens!

tonym

Rough_Rock
Thought I'd add a bit of fun to the search. Took a few photos of the local 2.05 f/vs2.
Not really an exercise to get feedback on the quality, as I doubt much can be told from pictures - but more of a fun exercise to try and take some pics. It's actually quite hard to take pics of loose diamonds, especially when you want to minimise reflections of things such as the camera, etc..

Anyway, reckon I'm an alright photographer? :)

I think this one would've been the best, without the blur. Some nice natural light hitting it. (Nothing but -real- day light in these pics)

IMG_0480_crop.jpg

tonym

Rough_Rock
This one is less blurry..

IMG_0534_crop.jpg

tonym

Rough_Rock
Last one..
I think this one is the clearest, picking up some interesting reflections. Quite a nice pic actually, doesn't look too busy like some princesses..

Looking forward to getting through this part of the puzzle, then working with a jeweller to get the ring made up - that part will definitely be more fun!

IMG_0531_crop.jpg

tonym

Rough_Rock
Still rackin'' my brain about the different options..
I feel like I''ve learnt heaps on here, actually thought about the possibility of starting my own little diamond trading business here in Australia.. Getting a bit obsessed I think.
Jogia have a great amount of information, but besides them, no other local internet vendors go into that much detail..
I''m sure I''ll get over that idea once the diamond and ring are all done though! :)

Interested to hear comments on my pics. I did find some good threads on here covering photography hints and tips - but will be much better once I have the finished product to take happy snaps of.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/6/2010 10:48:37 PM
Still rackin'' my brain about the different options..
I feel like I''ve learnt heaps on here, actually thought about the possibility of starting my own little diamond trading business here in Australia.. Getting a bit obsessed I think.
Jogia have a great amount of information, but besides them, no other local internet vendors go into that much detail..
I''m sure I''ll get over that idea once the diamond and ring are all done though! :)

Interested to hear comments on my pics. I did find some good threads on here covering photography hints and tips - but will be much better once I have the finished product to take happy snaps of.
I think you did a super job with your pics, well done!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results