shape
carat
color
clarity

Prince Harry & Meghan Markle are engaged!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Supposedly valued at up to $350k in an article I read today

I read anywhere from 20k to 350k :D in reality, it is difficult to put a price on it, because it includes diamonds from Diana's collection..in my view, the center stone is around 2.5ct and unless we are talking D/IF, 2.5-3ct is not that expensive..

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its the Welsh gold too. Like you said, they are estimating value, not cost and some of the ring's components are invaluable

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a lovely ring and suits her small hand very nicely. I would have loved to see a big ol’ emerald with diamond sides! That would look amazing with her gorgeous dark hair and skin tone. :love:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a lovely ring and suits her small hand very nicely. I would have loved to see a big ol’ emerald with diamond sides! That would look amazing with her gorgeous dark hair and skin tone. :love:
That would have been amazing! :love: I am sure that she will have access to some amazing jewels. Overall, I cannot wait to see what she will accomplish as Her Royal Highness Princess Henry of Wales :) I am such a sucker for a good fairy tale story =)2

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are usually conservative with their e-rings. I read that Queen Elizabeth's is 3 cts. So I am guessing that this center is no more than 3 cts. I do see that it may be a rectangular cushion in some of the other pictures you posted, Simone. You may be right that the double corner prongs just gave the illusion of cut. But it is also true that news stories get diamond shapes and pricing totally wrong most of the time!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are usually conservative with their e-rings. I read that Queen Elizabeth's is 3 cts. So I am guessing that this center is no more than 3 cts. I do see that it may be a rectangular cushion in some of the other pictures you posted, Simone. You may be right that the double corner prongs just gave the illusion of cut. But it is also true that news stories get diamond shapes and pricing totally wrong most of the time!

I agree with you DS, the center doesn't appear to be more than 3ct, but that is still large and overall the ring is beautiful and tasteful. It suits her hand nicely. VC also called it cushion on IG today, so I am just hoping that it is a cushion indeed =)2

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
I'm still torn on whether it is a radiant or a cushion. Those other pics did help me see the possibility of a cushion, but - there seems to be a crushed ice/splintered look to it. I still can't help but think radiant, in spite of those impeccable double prongs on the corners.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm still torn on whether it is a radiant or a cushion. Those other pics did help me see the possibility of a cushion, but - there seems to be a crushed ice/splintered look to it. I still can't help but think radiant, in spite of those impeccable double prongs on the corners.
Hm.. it is possible for the center to be a radiant. Two more pics where it looks more radiant-ish..
IMG_0126.JPG IMG_0125.JPG

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
Hm.. it is possible for the center to be a radiant. Two more pics where it looks more radiant-ish..
IMG_0126.JPG IMG_0125.JPG

the one you posted on the top right screams radiant to me.
I love the setting (even if a radiant). It looks delicate where it needs to be, but sturdy, and the proportions are fab.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
the one you posted on the top right screams radiant to me.
I love the setting (even if a radiant). It looks delicate where it needs to be, but sturdy, and the proportions are fab.
I still love the ring and the story behind it. I guess cushions/radiants will stay in fashion for longer now :D

yellowrose1400

Rough_Rock
Can I show my total and complete newbie level by asking what cut the side stones are? I have a 2.04ct cushion center for my engagement ring and have been desperately trying to design a 3-stone setting. I saw Meghan's ring and died because 1. it's exactly what I've been searching for, and 2. I was so mad because now the unique but classic engagement ring that I have been designing for months is going to be uber popular (UGH). I am not someone who likes to follow trends, so all this talk about her ring being the new popular style for next year is driving me nuts. But it's exactly what I want.

Anyway. Sides stone cut? And possibly ratio ideas for my 2.04 (7.75mm x 7.04mm)?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I show my total and complete newbie level by asking what cut the side stones are? I have a 2.04ct cushion center for my engagement ring and have been desperately trying to design a 3-stone setting. I saw Meghan's ring and died because 1. it's exactly what I've been searching for, and 2. I was so mad because now the unique but classic engagement ring that I have been designing for months is going to be uber popular (UGH). I am not someone who likes to follow trends, so all this talk about her ring being the new popular style for next year is driving me nuts. But it's exactly what I want.

Anyway. Sides stone cut? And possibly ratio ideas for my 2.04 (7.75mm x 7.04mm)?

Oh please nothing wrong with being a newbie, we all have been there! The side stones are round. I do love the combo but I also like small cushion side stones for a cushion. Three stone proportions are totally personal preference. After much deliberation, I went with 23pt each for my 2.1ct center. Meghan's appear to me to be around 30pt each with a presumed 3ct center. Why don't you start your own thread, post so pics of your diamond and we (ps) will chime in with some ideas?
P.S. I totally hear you regarding the expected popularity of this ring now :D but oh well, it least it is pretty!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep reading it is 2.5 carats. I think it means total.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep reading it is 2.5 carats. I think it means total.
My initial guess was around 2.5-3ct but cushions/radiant do face up smaller. I don't think that it is much smaller than 2.5center, but that's my guess. Unless the royal jeweler comes forward with the specs, I don't think that we will know for sure, but it looks like a sizable, yet tasteful diamond.

Looloo

Rough_Rock
F1786AAB-E9D2-4100-BEA0-2C26A96CDDD3.png 5B08F79B-7A55-4BBE-83AF-8F49FE4ABAC5.jpeg Hey, I just wondered what everyone thinks the width of the band is? Her fingers look slim and it still seems tiny

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
I'd guess it is a 2 mm band, and that is some good spread. I'd say the sides are anywhere between .3 - .5 each.

It's also possible that the rounds are not MRB, they could be OECs.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One web page is saying 5 carats and 1 to 1.5 carat side stones. I thought no. However they say Pippa's asscher is 4 carats and it looks tinier than this stone when you put them side by side.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A web page said they are diamonds from that choker with the huge sapphire brooch Diana wore. That is not old so I would say MRB. She got the brooch from the Queen mother as a wedding present in 1981.

The ring will definitely be colourless being it is Royal, so D colour,may be E but probably D, won't be an F colour, one site is saying it is D colour, and if not IF it will be no lower than VVS1.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/5...as-jewellery-engagement-ring-sapphire-choker/

Last edited:

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrkle.jpg pippa-middleton-engagement-ring.jpg

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow it really is a perfect, tasteful classic ring. Love it! This is such a fairly tale story!

windblownhair

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes! I love the glow they’ve got about them. Too cute.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mean obviously she’s perfect but that diamond looks blah in that photo.
Lol.. the photo is also not the greatest quality, but yes, the diamond doesn’t seem to be the most impressive one. Nonetheless, I still love everything about them :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It just needs a good cleaning. :D

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like how they keep cropping out his balding head in all these photos

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results