shape
carat
color
clarity

Pricing comp help please!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just plug the numbers into the search facility of one of the web retailers eg Blue Nile and you should come up with a figure. Though I'm not sure she'll be able to sell for the exact retail price.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a well cut stone with a color/clarity combo people want. So she's lucky there. Is it going to be sold in its setting?

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Yes, in its platinum 4 prong tiffany style setting :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
therainbowradish|1453650114|3980679 said:
Yes, in its platinum 4 prong tiffany style setting :)
Like a basic one or a designer one?

If you look online you could but an H vs1 from 6000-9000,

Now the 6000 ones don't have ideal proportions.

Usually selling second hand you get 60-80 % of what its worth.

Makes me think online by herself she could sell it for 5-6k?

However if its a designer setting , or even if it isn't, I might consider consigning it becuase its a sought after type stone and it would probably sell fast

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A regular 4 prong Tiffany setting retails new for a few hundred dollars, so she won't get but maybe a couple of hundred for that. The value is in the diamond.

I did a search on James Allen, which is a mid-priced vendor, and I am seeing GIA 3X stones with those specs primarily in the low to high $7000 range. I am seeing around $7500 on Blue Nile as well. Basically what Niel said is what I am finding.

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.10-carat-h-color-vs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-881721 (this one has pretty perfect numbers so I didn't see one with the crown angle over 35)

So if you say around $7500 is average, then she might get 70-75% ($5250-5625) of that selling privately such as you helping her list on LoupeTroop and post on pre-loved. She'll likely get less selling to a jeweler. A GIA 3X should sell easily here. I will say, though, it is harder for unknown people to sell here, as most will prefer to send money to a regular member that we know. So if you held the ring and accepted the payment and shipped the ring, I think that would go better. I would be sure that diamond is checked to have no chips,etc., too.

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Awesome! Thank you so much for this info. As soon as she is ready to sell I will post it here first :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results