carat
color
clarity

Announcement PriceScope Upgrade of October 7th

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trying again. :wall:

See, I had to report it as broken so it'd work again, lol.

Beginning to sound like me dropping off my wife's Jeep at the dealer a few weekends back and giving a detailed description of how the auto start function didn't always auto start when she was driving. When I picked it up, I got the "problem couldn't be replicated" answer. Gremlins!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Could you turn it off for all trade people? It's not like we don't all know how to get a hold of them outside of PS.
It was not 'our' trade people, it was random scroggers from all around the world. I am not sure but at one time all Indians were banned from joining the forums.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This may be covered, but on the active threads, the font is hard to read on my desktop (tried three monitors). Its a darkish blue and very thin. Sorry, my over 40 eyes would appreciate something more substantial. The links are light blue. Can you change the links to something easier to read? I'm just finding it really hard to read.

1570577842505.png

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just curious if others are finding forum/thread pages still very slow loading?

Also, @MollyBlue You can find a user’s thread by going here on their profile page:
FFC49ED6-02D3-4035-9BAD-07998CF66E70.jpeg

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This may be covered, but on the active threads, the font is hard to read on my desktop (tried three monitors). Its a darkish blue and very thin. Sorry, my over 40 eyes would appreciate something more substantial. The links are light blue. Can you change the links to something easier to read? I'm just finding it really hard to read.

1570577842505.png

I'm with @rockysalamander on this. It's very hard to read on my desktop because there is so little contrast. I'm finding everything a variation of light grey and the font isn't dark enough. I can barely make out the link, posters name and the date of the posts because it's light blue and blends into the grey background. I am also finding I really have to struggle to make out which is a thread with new posts and which is a thread I've already read. The headings are in a dark blue and there isn't enough difference between the two. I don't use the new posts link.

I'm struggling just typing this. I hate complaining and I really do appreciate the work you're putting into upgrading PS. I know it's never easy implementing changes.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
These are all good comments. Please do not think of this as complaining.

We will try to make it easier to read.

MollyBlue

Rough_Rock
Just curious if others are finding forum/thread pages still very slow loading?

Also, @MollyBlue You can find a user’s thread by going here on their profile page:
FFC49ED6-02D3-4035-9BAD-07998CF66E70.jpeg

Thanks @the_mother_thing - I don’t seem to be getting that option on mobile? When I click on your name for example I get this page first:

4AF835F6-FA0F-4243-9293-5EB111ED2E74.jpeg

And then when I click on your name I get this message:

EF82D944-34B2-47AC-88AE-B22E21073CC4.jpeg

Not sure if I’m doing something wrong or it’s not working as it should on mobile?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andrey
Maybe only allowed to PSers with > 200 posts? and give members an option of PM on/off. I never did have any problems when we had PMs.

I was thinking of something like 50 likes, perhaps some number from established users, because if it’s solely on post count someone could come in, spam a ton, then start messaging people. But if it’s based on likes, then you have to have meaningfully contributed. It’s a bit harder to game since you’d have to make multiple accounts, and if there was some way to have it only work if established users (say, who already have the PM function) have liked some certain threshold of your posts, then it would keep out people who weren’t actually a part of the forum. Idk maybe I’m overthinking.

But also I messaged one Indian company on Etsy about a chain once several months ago and they now message me three times a week to ask why I haven’t bought it yet (the reason is that though the chain is twice the length of the one I inquired about, they listed it at four times the price?? No thanks). So I can see how annoying messages about buying stuff shouldn’t be allowed.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MollyBlue Try another user’s profile; mine leverages all of PS’s privacy settings & options which is why you are getting that response for my profile.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thing hit the nail on the head. If a user takes advantage of privacy settings you will get that message.

@distracts if you look at the user profile, in the right corner is a reaction score. I didn't see this previously on the old form but I believe it is a count of your likes.

While 100 likes may seem good, if posted 1,000 times that is only 10%. If your post count was 200 and had 100 likes, you'd be at 50%.

Does it become meaningful to have liked posts? Its skewed as not everyone uses the like button. Also if someone is funny or charismatic then they may get more likes providing a false positive of sorts.

Regardless, it may be the best metric we have besides just post count.

On one of the other forums I mentioned earlier we had a true reputation bar. It spanned from red to green and people could rate your posts, so it was more than a simple like. A bright green was good; yellow was mediocre and red was bad. This proved useful as there was a members for sale section and your rep had to be a certain level to participate.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite green smiley faces are gone... ;(

amoline

Shiny_Rock
Not sure if this has been addressed or if I'm missing something somewhere. But can we have the full navigation tree back, or at least a way to get back to the main forum index on mobile? See screenshot - if I'm in a thread my only option is to click and go back to the section, again to go back to the area, and again to go back to 'community' - if I click the PS logo I am brought back to the main website itself. - a button somewhere just to get to the forum home would be nice. Or tell me if I'm blind :)

Attachments

• 77E87C9A-1153-4270-8B5E-418E36DB7BF7.png
    77E87C9A-1153-4270-8B5E-418E36DB7BF7.png
    225.9 KB · Views: 108

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lot of threads I am going into now are not automatically showing the photos but instead display a "Click to Expand" command, although in some threads random photos are fully displayed. I do a lot of browsing on PS and find I am already am not clicking to expand which for me is lessening my PS experience and reducing the time I spend on PS.

Admin, is there a toggle I can switch somewhere that will automatically display photos in a thread?

I am using my laptop not a phone and to my knowledge am not using the mobile version...

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Test 1 -- using insert thumbnail

sample1.PNG

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Test 2 -- using insert full image

sample1.PNG

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Test 3 -- using pre-existing upload/attachment

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Test 4 -- drag & drop image

sample1.PNG

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Test 5 -- drag & drop + delete picture from post

Attachments

• sample1.PNG
    sample1.PNG
    179.4 KB · Views: 44

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Test 6 -- use attach file button, locate file & upload. Elect to NOT insert into thread text.

Attachments

• sample1.PNG
    sample1.PNG
    179.4 KB · Views: 45

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Not sure if this has been addressed or if I'm missing something somewhere. But can we have the full navigation tree back, or at least a way to get back to the main forum index on mobile? See screenshot - if I'm in a thread my only option is to click and go back to the section, again to go back to the area, and again to go back to 'community' - if I click the PS logo I am brought back to the main website itself. - a button somewhere just to get to the forum home would be nice. Or tell me if I'm blind :)

I like that feature too. Will do what we can.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Test 6 -- use attach file button, locate file & upload. Elect to NOT insert into thread text.

Hey @marymm, is the quoted text above what you mean? Where you see the "attachment" and small picture, but if you click on it then it pops up in a web window by itself?

If so, that appears to be a function of the how the individual posting is choosing to upload.

For instance I just went through and uploaded a picture, but I am intentionally choosing NOT to use the Thumbnail or Full Image options. Now this image is showing up as an "Attachment" and I must click to make bigger.

Attachments

• sample1.PNG
    sample1.PNG
    179.4 KB · Views: 40

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a screen cap of what I did and didn't do to make the above look that way.

Notice how when I don't insert the picture, the area I circled as blank doesn't have an image in the edit box?

Capture999.PNG

Capture999.PNG

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
A lot of threads I am going into now are not automatically showing the photos but instead display a "Click to Expand" command, although in some threads random photos are fully displayed. I do a lot of browsing on PS and find I am already am not clicking to expand which for me is lessening my PS experience and reducing the time I spend on PS.

Admin, is there a toggle I can switch somewhere that will automatically display photos in a thread?

I am using my laptop not a phone and to my knowledge am not using the mobile version...

In general, it should work the following way:
If you are logged in it should show them fully expanded to the max size of the post content section. If it is larger it then the size of the post then you need to click to expand.
If you are not logged then we do limit the images to a predetermined size that Google suggests. I do not remember that at the moment.

We are still working on the images and hope to bring it back to what we had and better. :)

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is another screen cap showing the differences I did above. I believe the edit box screen is important to understand this.

If you use the Attach Files to upload a file, then you can choose to use the Thumbnail or Full Image insert options. It appears this function only affects the size of the image in the edit box (as evidenced below). When it actually posts, both images are embedded in the post and the same size.

Blue depicts where I inserted as a thumbnail. Yellow depicts where I inserted as a full image. Again, the size difference is only visible in the edit screen for the author. Looking at post #144 where I did the screen cap below, you can see both images are full size in PUBLIC view.

Capture998.PNG

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
@sledge Thanks for doing all that.

See above post.

In the previous version of the software we had a lot of custom work around the images and it didn't translate perfectly.

Sorry everyone for the inconvenience, but hopefully we can fix this soon.

Please keep all the great input coming.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@psadmin
When I copy and paste the emoticons the animation doesn't function. Can it be fixed?

1570635449506.png 1570635549780.png 1570635600403.png

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are logged in it should show them fully expanded to the max size of the post content section. If it is larger it then the size of the post then you need to click to expand.
If you are not logged then we do limit the images to a predetermined size that Google suggests. I do not remember that at the moment.

We are still working on the images and hope to bring it back to what we had and better. :)

Going off the bolded section above, I am posting a screen cap of my desktop (a few items blacked out for privacy reasons). I run 4k resolution which will be much larger than the width of the content section. You should see an image, but you will need to click on it to maximize the size.

That said, I think this may be different than what @marymm was experiencing. I have a few feeling my past few posts addresses her issue. Unfortunately, in that case, it would depend on how the author decided to upload/embed the image and @marymm wouldn't have any control over that function. As admin, there is likely control features to limit how people can post images that could force all users to do one way or the other.

FWIW, in the old forum, if you didn't insert the image, it simply didn't show up. It never showed as an attachment like in post #143

Inkeddesktop_LI.jpg

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium

We are still working on the images and hope to bring it back to what we had and better
. :)

Okay, I figured it out.

To be clear, the issue occurs when I am logged in, viewing PS threads (I haven't started a new thread since the update).

It seems the "click to expand" command comes up only when the photo is part of a quoted post, as shown in the attached screenshot

1570635658550.jpeg

I actually don't remember if this was the status quo before the update; either way, personally I'd prefer everything in a thread to be fully expanded rather than have to click to see the image.

Thanks Admin for all you do to make PS such a wonderful community and such a great website!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results