color
clarity

Announcement PriceScope Upgrade of October 7th

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Looks like posting is much faster.

Make sure to restart a new browser tab to refresh some of the cache.

Let me know if you have any further posting issues.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Testing

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Much faster for me as well. Got a little painful earlier. Had lags when hitting the Like button.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Thanks you for checking.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No prob. Glad to contribute. My part is easy. Thank you and the rest of the PS team for the real hard work. Your efforts are much appreciated.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The emoji's are no longer on the bottom of the reply box? ;(

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@psadmin I noticed that the ‘go back to top of page’ button that appears in the bottom right of a page (when you are at/near the bottom) doesn’t appear to be showing up properly (with an icon, I presume) for me. I am on an iPad Pro with latest iOS updates, if it matters.

Here is what I am seeing for reference (gray button-looking thingy):
05E31E10-1EC4-4316-83FC-5D5C73EB6522.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
so far so good for me=)2
99% im on my samsung galaxy 6 and im figuring stuff out pretty good for a trchknowohobe like me
=)2

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can someone advise what this means (red circled item seen in top of window/tab)? It appears as though I may have a notification, but I don’t see that I have an alert (e.g., a ‘like’ or something) that I haven’t seen.

I also closed the tab and opened a new one, and still see it. :confused:

9C6BA3D6-4D25-4864-916B-EAD478607EE9.jpeg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can someone advise what this means (red circled item seen in top of window/tab)? It appears as though I may have a notification, but I don’t see that I have an alert (e.g., a ‘like’ or something) that I haven’t seen.

I also closed the tab and opened a new one, and still see it. :confused:

9C6BA3D6-4D25-4864-916B-EAD478607EE9.jpeg

UPDATE: It must be something to do with alerts, and it’s not registering right for some reason. I happened to get an alert, and the tab number changed to ‘2’ (see below). Then, after I viewed the alert, it changed back to ‘1’, but I don’t see any alert that I haven’t seen/viewed, so something seems ‘off’. NOT urgent; just FYI for the ‘issues’ log.
1BA0FAE8-13E8-4559-8825-A96D47E1DFF8.jpeg

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Thanks for letting me know.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I notice that my avatar appears to be slightly off-center in appearance since the upgrade. Not a huge deal, but thought it was worth mentioning in the event it has other ‘picture’ implications for posters.

Also, a question: are there any user profile changes associated with this upgrade that we should be aware of? For example, were our settings for online status, last thread viewed, etc. reset, and we should re-review & update them? Anything like that?

@psadmin As an update to my earlier note above re: my avatar image appearing skewed - and for awareness for anyone else who may experience this - I was able to fix it. When I went to my profile/avatar setting, it notes that you can drag it to adjust it, so I tried that and voila - I was able to self-center it again. :appl:Not sure if that was there before and I just didn’t notice it, but there ya have it.

Also, while reviewing my settings, I noted this ‘option’ under Privacy settings (see red circle in image below). Is this new, or was it there all the time and I just forgot/didn’t notice? Does this mean PS will begin offering private messaging soon? Or is it a ‘standard option’ in our settings for PMs, but they are/will remained turned off for users? Again, no rush to get an answer; more curious/FYI/awareness. Thank you!

AE248894-8B34-4B14-BBBA-0DEB759AD3FA.jpeg

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
The "Start conversation with you is meant for PM" which we have not chosen to enable yet. I will get it removed not to confuse anyone in the future.

Glad to hear you found an easy way to fix the Avatar.

Thanks again.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Under privacy settings, if you check that you don’t want people to see when you are online, it still puts a green dot under your profile pic. Not sure if this just needs an overnight refresh?

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
will look into this. Thanks,

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Under privacy settings, if you check that you don’t want people to see when you are online, it still puts a green dot under your profile pic. Not sure if this just needs an overnight refresh?

I think it only shows you your avatar with the green button, but it doesn’t actually show up for others when they view your avatar. For example, if you have that disabled, it’s working because I’m not seeing it on your avatar (and assume the same is the case when you view mine?).

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I think it only shows you your avatar with the green button, but it doesn’t actually show up for others when they view your avatar. For example, if you have that disabled, it’s working because I’m not seeing it on your avatar (and assume the same is the case when you view mine?).
I don’t see your’s either but it would make the most sense to just have it disappear or else other people will just ask the same thing over time...and since I already know I am online..LOL! Most webpages will have the dot disappear to show inactivation.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t see your’s either but it would make the most sense to just have it disappear or else other people will just ask the same thing over time...and since I already know I am online..LOL! Most webpages will have the dot disappear to show inactivation.

I agree; and honestly, I’m not sure what purpose it serves anyway except perhaps for PS to be able to track/share activity levels with potential advertisers.

Personally, I’d vote for it to be disabled across the board if nothing else, simply for privacy reasons. It’s not like peeps need to be checking up on each other to see if they are/are not ‘online’ at any given time, viewing a thread, etc. anyway. Like you said, if some is posting a message, they’re ‘online’ for that moment ... maybe longer, maybe not. But really, who cares? Perhaps there is a reason that I am just not aware/considering. :confused:

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
It should have been disabled.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I agree; and honestly, I’m not sure what purpose it serves anyway except perhaps for PS to be able to track/share activity levels with potential advertisers.

Personally, I’d vote for it to be disabled across the board if nothing else, simply for privacy reasons. It’s not like peeps need to be checking up on each other to see if they are/are not ‘online’ at any given time, viewing a thread, etc. anyway. Like you said, if some is posting a message, they’re ‘online’ for that moment ... maybe longer, maybe not. But really, who cares? Perhaps there is a reason that I am just not aware/considering. :confused:
I think there are a lot of people that like to lurk w/o the notification sometimes. Also just from a privacy standpoint if it only serves as metrics that are not of use to me. It looks like the admin has addressed it already though. A few people mentioned it so I brought it up.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Glad you brought it up as it was meant to be disabled. We will have it done.

Thank you for bringing up all the things. It is very helpful.

Even if it a small thing do not hesitate to let me know.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thing the 1 showing up on the tab has happened all day. It has to do with alerts but default is 1, instead of 0, so the numbering is off.

Once its updated properly I think I will like that as I notoriously run too many open tabs pretty much all the time. This will save me popping in and doing a refresh.

@psadmin I didn't mention it earlier, but I was going to say we were missing the PM function. :evil2: Really hoping you guys would allow that. Most forums do and it seems a little limiting to disable the function. Like it or not, people find a way to contact each other either way. Just food for thought. Probably the wrong spot to discuss but I do hope you reconsider it.

mamadelmar

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for all your work to support this vibrant community! It is much appreciated.

It seems to me that the search functionality isn’t as robust as it used to be. For instance, I’ve read many posts about Leon Mege’s String Theory bands over the years but when I tried to search for them using a number of terms (E.g., “Leon Mege”, “Leon”, “LM”, etc.), I get very few results.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you for all your hard work!!!!!
One thing I noticed that when clicking on threads with more than 5 pages or so they take a very very long time to load.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
the PM function. :evil2: Really hoping you guys would allow that. Most forums do and it seems a little limiting to disable the function. Like it or not, people find a way to contact each other either way. Just food for thought. Probably the wrong spot to discuss but I do hope you reconsider it.
We had some big issues about 15 years ago. Maybe people would be better behaved today, but vendors not associated with PS were loging on and bombarding people looking to buy with offers.
Almost impossible to moderate!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It seems to me that the search functionality isn’t as robust as it used to be. For instance, I’ve read many posts about Leon Mege’s String Theory bands over the years but when I tried to search for them using a number of terms (E.g., “Leon Mege”, “Leon”, “LM”, etc.), I get very few results.

Upstream in this thread, @psadmin indicated that after the update, the entire site has to be reindexed. Due to the large quantity of data being scanned and analyzed in this process it will take a few days to complete but should improve to original quality or better once its finished.

It sucks, but unfortunately it's a growing pain.

Did you try using the filter option that was also suggested earlier? It could be a temporary workaround. I tried it earlier and it was rather fast and accurate but my tests were pretty trivial.

Thank you for all your hard work!!!!!
One thing I noticed that when clicking on threads with more than 5 pages or so they take a very very long time to load.

@psadmin indicated earlier he thought some of the slow down was due to reindexing.

To me it appears imaging is being handled differently now as well. I almost wonder if the combo of the reindex and those changes are working together to cause a hindrance on larger threads.

We had some big issues about 15 years ago. Maybe people would be better behaved today, but vendors not associated with PS were loging on and bombarding people looking to buy with offers.
Almost impossible to moderate!

I can understand your position. It just stinks a few bad apples ruin it for the majority, but that is how the world works.

If there was ever a change of heart, I wonder if making a minimum quantity of "quality posts" a requirement before the feature is turned on would help control the matter? The question becomes what number and how do you define quality posts.

A previous car forum I used to participate in had a minimum number of posts and reputation score minimum enabled for PM's so you had to invest your time into the forum to unlock advanced features. Additionally this forum prevented the quantity of inbox and sent messages to a pretty small number like 20 or so as I best recall.

Another car forum required paid access to unlock all features. It was cheap, like $25 or $50 for a lifetime supporter membership. Unfortunately deceitful businesses may consider that cheap enough to do it. On that site, vendors paid a different and much higher price for their trade membership and was tagged similar to here. The difference is once they did that, they also received a sub forum to advertise and talk shop about their products. It worked well I thought as it fostered open communication and allowed the vendors to really interact with the users. Most the vendor reps were owners or technical sales guys that were also true enthusiasts and was developing business and personal friendships at the same time. Alot of the sales were higher end setups (superchargers, engine rebuilds, fuel systems, etc) so there were lots of tech data specific to vendors that was also shared in those subforums. In the main forum area, the rules for vendors were similar to here.

Not saying those solutions are right for here, but that PS isn't alone in facing these oddities. There could be some alternative methods if it ever comes on the radar again.

Thank you for at least addressing the issue. I do appreciate it.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if this has already been mentioned, however I have difficulties viewing the pictures on my Android phone.
When I clicked on the thumbnail, a big picture would appear, and I can't navigate to view it.
Thanks for looking into this in advance.
Still finding my way around the new layout, and I am glad the contrast issue has been resolved.
Thanks Admins for all the hard work you have done.

DK :))

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: adding images to posts, I only have access to 24 of mine right now and when I hit “show more” it just loads the second set of twelve again every time. Idk if this is also something having to do with being indexed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results