color
clarity

Announcement PriceScope Upgrade of October 7th

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hello Everyone,

We have successfully upgraded the server and the platforms.

Although we think we have caught the important things and tried to keep things the same, you might find a few things a little different.

We appreciate everyone patient as there will mostly be some adjustments to the interface.

Please let me know in this thread any bugs, issue, concerns, or any questions.

I will try to get them addressed as quickly as possible.

Last edited:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning! :wavey: Thanks so much for continuing to support the ongoing operational needs of Pricescope with the upgrades. I’m sure everyone appreciates the time, cost & effort, even if it takes a little getting used to the new look & feel.

I notice that my avatar appears to be slightly off-center in appearance since the upgrade. Not a huge deal, but thought it was worth mentioning in the event it has other ‘picture’ implications for posters.

Also, a question: are there any user profile changes associated with this upgrade that we should be aware of? For example, were our settings for online status, last thread viewed, etc. reset, and we should re-review & update them? Anything like that?

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We did notice the Avatar issue and on our list to take care.

We tried to keep everything the same, but upgrades can be finicky.

I do encourage to check your settings.

Thank you for letting us know.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few concerns - firstly, long threads no longer have page numbers under them so I can’t click the last page or see how many pages there are.

Secondly, the text has significantly less contrast and is hard to read on my phone. I think it’s also the case in posts, but I couldn’t get a picture of that. The spacing in posts is also kind of weird with a large space between lines that makes it a bit hard to read.

Old vs new:

5E86FF12-4C50-47BA-95CF-3DAFACAF43EF.jpeg

Thirdly, the thing where I pick photos from what I’ve already uploaded only has two columns on my phone now where it used to have four or five, which means I’ll have to scroll almost endlessly to find anything I uploaded earlier.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Thanks, we will look into that.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, we will look into that.

Thanks. Individual threads don’t have page numbers to navigate to either, just next or final, which can be annoying with the really long threads where you might be trying to go several pages back at a time.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
@distracts

Are these concerns mobile specific?

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First and foremost, thank you for your continued service and dedication to improving PS. It is appreciated.

I offer the following comment in a constructive manner.

On my mobile (Samsung 9+, kernel and build info below) when I click an image to make larger it makes it very large with limited pinch zoom. Also to maneuver the image up/down or left/right I must have black space as the image itself is non-reactive to touch.

Screenshot_20191007-073442_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20191007-072427_Chrome.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@distracts

Are these concerns mobile specific?

Yes. I only have my phone with me on vacation so I don’t know what it’s like on the desktop. I’ve clicked “request desktop site” on my browser but it’s just returning the same page.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will check my desktop later and write back. I'm also limited to mobile for the time being. However, I am getting the same thing on my mobile. Screen shots attached.

Known thread with multiple pages.

From main RT page (no page numbers):
Screenshot_20191007-074022_Chrome.jpg

Bottom of thread, says 1 of 3 and next page or last page >> seems to be the only options. Perhaps it changes if 4+ pages?

Screenshot_20191007-074132_Chrome.jpg

Top view of thread. No page navigation or indicators:

Screenshot_20191007-074215_Chrome.jpg

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Thank you for the detail info.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, another small glitch. Long response time after hitting the "post reply" button.

Maybe 3-5 seconds, which isn't long overall but long enough I could see double post issues as I clicked it myself multiple times as I didn't think it took. However, only one post with no double post error message popped.

Maybe the lag is just annoying and won't actually create double posts?

Alas, where's my smilies?

Screenshot_20191007-075224_Chrome.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also am having long post time on mobile. I thought it was just the hotel internet, lol.

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
Please change the color of the topics back to black. The blue is too difficult to read. Thanks.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, as I am using I keep seeing minor things. Not complaining I swear. Most this stuff is minor.

Contrast or something needs changed between post headers and quotes. When quick scrolling it's hard to tell them apart.

Circles are headers and arrow is a quote.

Screenshot_20191007-075404_Chrome.jpg

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
No worries Sledge. I appreciate you letting me know as I feel I have tunnel vision.

I want to make sure we change what we can. Hopefully we can take care of these little thing quickly.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
The text should be darker now. You may need to start a new tab for the change to take affect.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would it be possible to condense the poster's header. I have a Samsung s5 and it really eats up screen space. I think they were smaller before....

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Would it be possible to condense the poster's header. I have a Samsung s5 and it really eats up screen space. I think they were smaller before....

Can you post the screenshot of what you see?

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the work you do to keep PS up and running for us!

I've noticed this morning that threads are still showing "unread" for me even if I have read all the comments. Let me know if you need more details from me :)

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Screenshots are always helpful.

Please keep all the concerns coming. I am making a list and see how we can get to them. We are still running some other tests to make sure we didn't miss anything, but your concerns are really helpful.

Even the little ones.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I am going to take a few ZZZZZ! ;)2 and will be back to see what we can clean up.

Keep things coming.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m UTD on the ED thread but it’s still showing in bold
461CC797-43DE-4579-9301-EDAB27AB7748.png

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m UTD on the ED thread but it’s still showing in bold
461CC797-43DE-4579-9301-EDAB27AB7748.png

Wondering if the "read counter" reset during the maintenance update. Lots of threads are bolded for me, but any that I've read or participated in since the update is "turning on/off" appropriately as before.

Just a thought if you want to test on your end. This seems to be the case for me.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wondering if the "read counter" reset during the maintenance update. Lots of threads are bolded for me, but any that I've read or participated in since the update is "turning on/off" appropriately as before.

Just a thought if you want to test on your end. This seems to be the case for me.
No, not for this thread. I've gone in multiple times this morning to make sure I haven't missed a post on the thread. Even went back a couple pages to make sure.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the new format, thank you ANDREY!

Hi,

I was wondering if something had changed with the search function? I was trying to pull up the tread about j/k colored stones examples but I'm receiving the message that "The following words were not included in your search because they are too short, too long, or too common: k, in " so I can't look for threads regarding specific color of stones but I used to be able to find those threads....is there another way to find the thread(s)?

1570463614799.png

Much appreciate any assistance!!!!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back on my primary laptop. Win 10 Pro, 1903. OS Build 18362.295.

Still no smilies -- unless I hard key them. :(

Capture97.PNG

At the main level, I now see page numbers. Not sure if this is a mobile vs computer issue, or if a minor update was applied. See red circles.

Also, addressing prior issues, read threads are turning off as indicated by black arrows and light blue text.

The blue circle that is also highlighted is the thread @Wewechew mentioned earlier. I went to page 1 and page 15 and it's still not highlighted. I haven't gone through all 15 pages, but my guess is may deactivate if I did -- again, just a guess. On this subject matter, I looked at some older threads and noticed the upgrade kept my prior view history as some of those items were light blue without me looking at them post-update.

Capture99.PNG

Capture98.PNG

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The AGA/NAJA CUT CLASS DIAMOND GRADING SCREENING TOOL is now working for round diamonds which was an issue in the previous version of Pricescope. However, the current version has made it so that all the fancy shapes error in creating a cut class grade. That was working nicely before. I know we have discussed the situation, but with all the changes, it may have fallen off from your list of things to do.
Best wishes.

Dave Atlas

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results