shape
carat
color
clarity

WEBINAR PriceScope is excited to announce our very first webinar.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Diamond Hawk, many thanks!

Ira Z.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My boss called me via Teams at 1:55 PM --- just as I was about to change my Teams status to Do Not Disturb -- to say she had something she wanted me to handle asap (I'm glad my web cam wasn't on, so she couldn't see me roll my eyeballs in exasperation).

So I'm now looking forward to the on-demand option becoming available -- thank you!!

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
I enjoyed the conversation, thanks! Going to see if there's an audible version of the book.

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I enjoyed John's on point questions, both about the book and about Mr. Bate's career as a Jewelry industry reporter. John really drills down perceptively and deeply. Very well done.

I have to say that the advantage to the Zoom Webinar format is there was no heckling allowed...

I enjoyed the conversation, thanks! Going to see if there's an audible version of the book.

I bought the book during the webinar. The paperback was cheaper than the Kindle version. I have never seen that before, and my book showed up the next day.

Wink

John Pollard

Shiny_Rock
Staff member
Premium
To all who expressed interest.

In The Loupe with guest Rob Bates is now available on PriceScope's YouTube channel.

Rob graciously provided us with three copies of A Murder Is Forever. We have applied RNG technology to the list of registrants and the winners are being contacted so PriceScope can arrange delivery.

Thank you.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
To all who expressed interest.

In The Loupe with guest Rob Bates is now available on PriceScope's YouTube channel.

Rob graciously provided us with three copies of A Murder Is Forever. We have applied RNG technology to the list of registrants and the winners are being contacted so PriceScope can arrange delivery.

Thank you.

I spent a relaxing Sunday last week reading Rob's book. Once I started it I had to keep reading until I was done about 4 hours later. Kudos Rob, I really enjoyed it!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Great first webinar you two.
Great questions and answers.
Wish I could read that fast - 4 hours - still have 3/4 to go after 3 hours.
Question:
Rob mentioned a bunch of lab bribery scandals - I only ever heard about 2?

Comments:
The upstairs in 47th street - I met a dinosaur there once - The rock and roll diamond ;-)
Love the comments about LGD companies promoting Eco friendly with no basis for truth - followed up by "insiders" - Rob and many others know more that they can publish / talk about. I know others who tell me that the companies making goodie 2 shoes claims about renewables etc are actually buying most of their rough from Chinese and Indian polluting producers.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Question:

Comments:
The upstairs in 47th street - I met a dinosaur there once - The rock and roll diamond ;-)
Love the comments about LGD companies promoting Eco friendly with no basis for truth - followed up by "insiders" - Rob and many others know more that they can publish / talk about. I know others who tell me that the companies making goodie 2 shoes claims about renewables etc are actually buying most of their rough from Chinese and Indian polluting producers.

Enjoyed the webinar..., I know both John and Rob and their collaboration was very informative and flowing to me as a viewer.

Garry..., does this mean there were no more than 2? :saint:

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rob mentioned "a bunch of lab briberys" A bunch must be a few or more?

And aren’t 2 a few? How about “a few” GIA’s a few EGL’s just to give some proportions…, and we’re not even mentioning lesser known laboratories.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
And aren’t 2 a few? How about “a few” GIA’s a few EGL’s just to give some proportions…, and we’re not even mentioning lesser known laboratories.

GIA in 2005 - they were sued for $50 million - the bribed graders were never named.
HRD about 5 years ago - about 400 carats of 1 to 4ct stones

John Pollard

Shiny_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Question:

Comments:

Hi @Garry H (Cut Nut). Thanks for the comments and observations.

Rob's "bunch" could include situations where bad acts were discovered and dealt with internally - never making headlines.

I know that Rock and Roll diamond. We also know a BrankoSaurus, you and I.

It was an enjoyable time for me. Unsurprisingly, Rob is refreshingly in-touch and up to date on current trends and topics.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Thank you to everyone who attended our first webinar – if you missed it or just want to watch it again, it’s now available on our YouTube Channel!

We’re excited to share that guest speaker Rob Bates has donated 3 signed copies of his
book, and we’ve selected the winners at random from the list of attendees. For the sake of privacy, we’ll leave it to the winners to reveal themselves if they wish – we’ll be reaching out to each of them by email.

Congratulations!

Last edited:

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I finally had a chance to view the webinar. Great job John!

Rob was the perfect first guest - such great overall knowledge of the diamond business. I have ordered his book and look forward to reading it. Very interested in the second in the series concerning artisanal diamond mining.

I can think of a number of great interviews for future discussions. Keep'em coming!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sir John needs to interview Garry H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Great idea Karl, after we run out of interesting people.

Garry, you are interesting in so many ways.

I wish most strongly though for someone as good as John Pollard at doing interviews to interview John Pollard. That would be an interview for the ages.

Wink

John Pollard

Shiny_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I finally had a chance to view the webinar. Great job John!

Rob was the perfect first guest - such great overall knowledge of the diamond business. I have ordered his book and look forward to reading it. Very interested in the second in the series concerning artisanal diamond mining.

I can think of a number of great interviews for future discussions. Keep'em coming!

@Texas Leaguer , thank you Bryan. I agree on selecting/asking him to appear first. In addition to your overall knowledge comment, he understands what PriceScope is and stands-for.

Future guests: Don't hesitate to let us know who you'd like us to consider.

John Pollard

Shiny_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I wish most strongly though for someone as good as John Pollard at doing interviews to interview John Pollard. That would be an interview for the ages.

Appreciate the comment, but I'm with @Garry H (Cut Nut) on this one. Mo' fascinating people to the front of the line. No shoving, please.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Garry, you are interesting in so many ways.

Wink
We really need to get Garry on video about how IS and HCA came to be and more.
Now Sir John on the other hand is a real nice guy but if you got him talking we would be there all week and he would still be talking. *smirk*

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
@Cerulean I have not seen a reply from you. Did you receive my email? I will try to send another.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results