shape
carat
color
clarity

WEBINAR PriceScope is excited to announce our very first webinar.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
ps-webinar-1-john-n-rob-bates.png

In our continued efforts to provide helpful, easy-to-consume, and relevant educational content for our members, video was the next step.

UPDATE:

The webinar is now available on YouTube here.

UPDATE 2:

Thank you to everyone who attended our first webinar – if you missed it or just want to watch it again, it’s now available on our YouTube Channel!

We’re excited to share that guest speaker Rob Bates has donated 3 signed copies of his book, and we’ve selected the winners at random from the list of attendees. For the sake of privacy, we’ll leave it to the winners to reveal themselves if they wish – we’ll be reaching out to each of them by email.

Congratulations!

On Tuesday, August 24th at 1pm CST, our Director of Education, John Pollard, will be joined by guest Rob Bates, one of the most recognized journalists in the diamond and jewelry industry. Together, they will be discussing all things diamond-related, including some of the most engaging and explosive stories from the industry, and
Rob’s recent novel, “A Murder is Forever” appropriately set in the New York Diamond District.

Click here to sign-up

Please leave any questions you have for John or Rob below in the comments. We look forward to having you all join us!

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
This is F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent - Count me in!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Would it be possible to watch a recording of this at a later time? Or to have a second showing of it on a different date? I would absolutely love to watch this but will be in the middle of a business conference that day. :(

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to clarify, most areas in CST are currently observing CDT. So is the start time 1:00 PM CDT? (Don’t want to miss out)

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Just to clarify, most areas in CST are currently observing CDT. So is the start time 1:00 PM CDT? (Don’t want to miss out)

Hello Bonfire:

August 24th, 1 pm CST is the same as 1 pm, CDT.

Looking forward to it myself.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
View attachment 847571

In our continued efforts to provide helpful, easy-to-consume, and relevant educational content for our members, video was the next step.

On Tuesday, August 24th at 1pm CST, our Director of Education, John Pollard, will be joined by guest Rob Bates, one of the most recognized journalists in the diamond and jewelry industry. Together, they will be discussing all things diamond-related, including some of the most engaging and explosive stories from the industry, and
Rob’s recent novel, “A Murder is Forever” appropriately set in the New York Diamond District.

An official registration link will be posted on Monday, August 16th. Please leave any questions you have for John or Rob below in the comments. We look forward to having you all join us!

I hope to hide in my office at work and chim in thanks

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Will all the viewers be shown and heard, or will our cameras be off? In other words, is it anonymous? How do webinars work?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These frigging time zones, and regions that don't play the game, get me all confused.
Would someone kindly post what time the webinar starts in America's ...
West coast
Middle America
East Coast

Thanks.

Last edited:

John Pollard

Shiny_Rock
Staff member
Premium
These frigging time zones, and regions that don't play the game, get me all confused.
Would someone kindly post what time the webinar starts in America's ...
West coast
Middle America
East Coast

Thanks.

Sure @kenny . Our In The Loupe webinar, August 24th, begins at:

- 11:00 am Pacific Time
- 12:00 pm Mountain Time
- 1:00 pm Central Time
- 2:00 pm Eastern Time

For those overseas, whether observing summer/daylight time or not:

- 14:00 h New York Time
- 18:00 h GMT
- 19:00 h BST / IST

Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffet would note that it's 5-o-clock somewhere. Correct. I'm looking at you, eastern Greenland.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks much guys. :wavey:

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Excellent! Two very smart guys in the jewelry industry!

John Pollard

Shiny_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Registration is open for our Aug. 24 In The Loupe webinar with guest Rob Bates.

Click here to sign-up for what promises to be an entertaining and enlightening 45 minutes.

Remember to send any Qs you'd like us to consider asking Rob - about his book 'A Murder is Forever,' his other talents or his storied career as one of the diamond and jewelry industry's top journalists.

We look forward to seeing you on the 24th. For those who can't join us live, we do plan to make the session available on-demand later.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Registered! Thank you for this - I am really looking forward to it!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a terrific webinar this promises to be! :appl:

Would it be OK if we registered-logged in to the webinar using our PS user name and email you have on file for us -- and can we turn off our own camera, so we're hidden from view? (I imagine I'm not the only PSer who seeks to maintain anonymity across the Internet & on social media platforms)

John Pollard

Shiny_Rock
Staff member
Premium
What a terrific webinar this promises to be! :appl:

Would it be OK if we registered-logged in to the webinar using our PS user name and email you have on file for us -- and can we turn off our own camera, so we're hidden from view? (I imagine I'm not the only PSer who seeks to maintain anonymity across the Internet & on social media platforms)

Hi @MollyMalone,

To register: Your PS name & email on record are acceptable.

You'll be happy to know our In The Loupe Zoom webinar platform works differently than Zoom meetings. First, only the panelists' cameras are active. Webinar participants will have chat available - and there's a Q&A tool to submit questions - or you can remain cozy, stealthy and silent. I believe you can also change the name that's displayed in the list of participants observing, if you wish.

I am glad you're looking forward to it. We are too.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting!

I’m hoping I will be able to hear the whole thing but not entirely sure due to my schedule. Will there be a recording?

John Pollard

Shiny_Rock
Staff member
Premium
How exciting!

I’m hoping I will be able to hear the whole thing but not entirely sure due to my schedule. Will there be a recording?

@Tonks , and others who asked. Yes. We'll plan to make the session available on-demand at a later date.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is excellent.

I think I am travelling when it is in progress but will look forward to streaming a recording of it at a later date.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will it be on Zoom, or something else?

John Pollard

Shiny_Rock
Staff member
Premium

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Excellent webinar - thank you so much for putting this together!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results