shape
carat
color
clarity

Price of a .20 diamond

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
I was thinking fo buyng another 5 stone diamond eternity band. But was shocked to see the price for the plat 1.00ct band is $4,649. If the plat band is valued at $1,000. Then that means the .20 diamonds are around $730 each. Isn't that a bit high for this band?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where did you see this price?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, that's a really high price. For uncerted 20 pointers you are looking at 350-400 each for really well cut stones in G color and Si1/Vs2 clarity. I just recently got quotes.

There is no WAY you should pay more than 500 a stone for a VS quality stone. Just look at this one: https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/0.23-carat-e-color-vvs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-948015 And that's with a GIA lab report and it's bigger than twenty points (which is a 3.8mm stone).

So if the stones do not have GIA reports (which they most likely don't) that is ridiculous. Facets used to be reasonably priced. There is a reason we don't recommend them anymore.

I would call IDJ. Specify PS quality and VS clarity stones.

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Gypsy. I have one of their 5 stone bands I bought some years ago, and it is beautiful. It sparkles like crazy and I constantly get compliments on it. I was thinking I'd get another to put with that band and my solitaire, but the price is just too high.

I'll check out IDJ.

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
This is the one ID are offering. It has no certs either but ID saying they are all excellent cut. And it's less than half the price.

_1223.png

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What is clarity?

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
SI I believe.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Get it. If it's not eyeclean enough for you they can switch out the stones-- they have done that for others.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good. ;))

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Diamondseeker, that is a beautiful ring. I've already ordered from ID and they assure me the stones are excellent cuts with lots of sparkle. We'll see.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
When is it getting there?

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
They said it would take a couple of weeks Gypsy. That they'd let me know when it was ready.

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
Whoo-hoo! My ring is getting here tomorrow :appl:

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
The ring arrived. And it is really pretty. But I've bought diamond jewelry from ID before and it is stamped: ID Jewelry and also has the diamond carat weight. But this ring is stamped With a copyright: A/C and Plat. Nothing about IDJ or the diamond weight. Should I be concerned? I don't think there are any shenanigans going on, but would have prefered IDJ and Plat950, and diamond weight stamped on the ring. What do you all think?

_4569.jpeg

Q

Queenie60

It looks very nice. Address your concerns with Yekutiel.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought earrings and they had no IDJ hallmark. I think it's fine. IDJ is on 2 week break. But you can ask about it after if it bugs you.

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for reaponding Queenie and Gypsy. The stones in this ring are beautiful, real sparklers. I'd go as far as to say even more so than my ideal-cut facets ones, and they are totally eye-clean too. An unbelievable bargain!

It helps to know it's not just my ring that's not stamped idj Gypsy.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
ElizabethR|1467332485|4050299 said:
Thanks for reaponding Queenie and Gypsy. The stones in this ring are beautiful, real sparklers. I'd go as far as to say even more so than my ideal-cut facets ones, and they are totally eye-clean too. An unbelievable bargain!

It helps to know it's not just my ring that's not stamped idj Gypsy.

I'm so happy you love it. I agree IDJ can be a real bargain. The earrings I bought are OMG stunning. I wanted to get my MIL diamond earrings and had a definite budget I needed to stick to. So I called Yekutiel and just asked him what he had. He sent me a picture of some hoops. It was a while ago so before he got really good at pictures so I was like... um? He asked me to trust him that they were "PS quality" and promised a full refund policy if I didn't love them, so I thought, okay. He sent them to me and when I opened the box DH (who was sitting behind me) goes "WOW, are those for my MOM? She's never had anything that nice."

And they really are show stoppers and I couldn't have gotten anything as nice locally (I looked) at all.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ElizabethR|1467321951|4050250 said:
The ring arrived. And it is really pretty. But I've bought diamond jewelry from ID before and it is stamped: ID Jewelry and also has the diamond carat weight. But this ring is stamped With a copyright: A/C and Plat. Nothing about IDJ or the diamond weight. Should I be concerned? I don't think there are any shenanigans going on, but would have prefered IDJ and Plat950, and diamond weight stamped on the ring. What do you all think?
The A/C trademark signifies that the mounting was made by Adwar Casting Co. (IDJ most likely did the finishing-polishing work, in addition to setting the stones.)
https://trademarks.justia.com/857/27/a-c-85727652.html

Like Stuller, Adwar sells only to the trade and has a very good reputation, but it's an appreciably smaller operation based on Long Island. You might enjoy reading this recent article about the Adwar family business:
http://www.southernjewelrynews.com/featured-articles/3281-adwar-casting-stays-true-to-its-casting-heritage-allowing-customers-to-add-the-finishing-touch

Looking forward to seeing more pics!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results