shape
carat
color
clarity

Presenting my new Pear Diamond Ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Here are some feeble attempts at indoor photography:

pear mod 1.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
close up:

pear mod 2.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
more:

pear mod 3.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
one of my favorite angles:

pear mod 4.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
comparison shot. Marquise is .90ct E VVS2. Pear is .61ct E VS2.

pear mod 6.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Stats:

Laser Inscribed: xxxxx
7.48 x 4.95 x 2.52
.61 carat
Color: E
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 50.8%
Table: 59%
Girdle: Slightly Thick to Thick, Faceted
Culet: Very Small
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Characteristics: Knot, crystal (way on the bottom)

Ring finger size 3.25

I bought it for $950!! woohoo!!
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That pear looks frickin huge next to that marquise - I would never have guessed the diff in weight.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!!!!

i''m thinking of keeping it in this setting instead of mounting it in a pendant... it is currently a size 4, so i wore it around with a band-aid wrapped around the bottom. I love how sci-fi it looks!

But do you see the color difference? the pear is quite shallow, so the yellow from the mount may be affecting the appearance? The marquise has strong fluorescence, so it actually faces up whiter than my D colored rb.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, you did good kid, love it!!!
30.gif
36.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t see any yellow! I love it at first glance, the pear looks bigger than the marquise
1.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Question:

should i keep it in the ring, or mount it in a pendant?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that pear is beautiful!
30.gif
I think it would be more flattering to the gorgeous stone to set it in a pendant. The top of the ring setting kind of takes away from the stone, IMO, because there''s so much metal. Just my .02, though. Enjoy!
36.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is very pretty!
I think I would keep it as a ring, but it depends,..... do you think you would wear it more often as a pendant or ring?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 10:04:23 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 3/9/2006 9:46:00 PM
Author: ForteKitty

Stats:

Laser Inscribed: xxxxx
7.48 x 4.95 x 2.52
.61 carat
Color: E
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 50.8%
Table: 59%
Girdle: Slightly Thick to Thick, Faceted
Culet: Very Small
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Characteristics: Knot, crystal (way on the bottom)

Ring finger size 3.25

I bought it for $950!! woohoo!!
9.gif

HOLY CRAP GIRLFRIEND! LOL Daaaaaaaang you rock! lol
36.gif
Heh, i got the marquise for $2100! w/ platinum mount w/ .68ctw pave & bagguettes!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
i think i'd wear it more as a ring because i usually only wear my topaz & diamond pendant, but i am concerned that the setting is too bulky and takes away from the diamond.

the ring is 14kt white gold, but not rhodium plated. Maybe i should just plate it and see if it looks different?

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
FK, you do know how to shop. BTW, the pear (from what I can tell) does appear to be picking up a hint of yellow from that setting. I would put it in a pendant.
I do love it though.

shay

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE this dimond! I cannot believe there is no bowtie, and the shape is just gorgeous. soooooo floating on cloud 9 right now. i want matching earrings now!!!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is a really cool setting and it really plays with the shape of a pear. If anything, I would make it white gold. I vote for keep it a ring, esp. if you have one you wear most often.. but then, I am more of a ring girl...
emwink.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!! I would leave it in the setting
2.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is a delicious pear and I really like it in that ring setting!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 9:59:39 PM
Question:

should i keep it in the ring, or mount it in a pendant?

Oh, I love it. I love the setting and I would not change a THING! It has so much presence and looks huge in that setting. It looks fabulous on your hand, too. I don''t think the diamond looks yellow in the pictures at all, and even if it does in real life I think that''s just what happens in yellow gold. Yellow gold is coming back and it''s a great style for yellow gold. I agree, I thought the pear was as big as the marquise, maybe even bigger. I love that marquise ring, too! You have a very nice collection.

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
OH FK!! I ADORE your pear...I know I''m biased, because I''m a pear-wearer, but your''s is beautiful! I agree with lumpkin - looks great in the setting and I don''t see any hint of yellow seeping through. Just gorgeous! Someday, please teach me how to find such great deals!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
more pics!

pear mod 8.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
here is a close up w/ loupe. I don''t think i''ve ever seen a pear cut like this... it has an X in the center like a princess, but i couldn''t get it to show!

pear mod 9.jpg

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
I really like the setting.

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for changing the setting b/c it would bother me that this was an engagement ring that someone else wore... but that''s just me.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! i love being able to share my jewelry with people... all my friends think i''m nuts.
9.gif

So i''m leaning towards keeping it in the setting right now, and getting the white gold rhodium dipped. However, that may change if I find another setting i like. It doesn''t bother me that it belonged to someone. Most antique jewelry once belonged to someone, and I''m not superstitious when it comes to that.

My other option is to set it in a pendant, but the more i think about it, the less i want to do that because i can''t see it! This is the third time i''ve changed my mind away from a pendant. it probably isn''t meant to be...

Anyone have any suggestion as far as ring designs? I don''t want halos, and i don''t want a regular solitaire. That doesn''t leave me with very many options, huh?
3.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2006 10:35:10 PM

I LOVE this diamond! I cannot believe there is no bow-tie, and the shape is just gorgeous. soooooo floating on cloud 9 right now. i want matching earrings now!!!

It is a badly kept secret that shallow fancies don''t show bow tie as often as the once of average depth.
2.gif
Which doesn''t mean you weren''t lucky! This one looks so nice...I would have never guessed it is just 50% deep from those pictures. If this diamond were to be sold by the numbers - can you imagine how much worse than the reality the description would have sounded?
32.gif
Yiks!

Congrats for the lucky diamond hunt!
9.gif

Anyway, I like the setting allot. It ain''t e-ring-ish to me. And I wonder if one could carve at it a bit without compromising the integrity of the ring. If it is not a tension setting, maybe making the band lighter and bridging the gap between the two sides would help. At least this is what I would ask a jeweler first thing.

My 2c.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results