shape
carat
color
clarity

Presenting my new Pear Diamond Ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I just LOVE that setting! What a terrific harmony of stone shape and ring!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2006 7:00:45 AM
Author: valeria101
I know... I know... But can dream, no?
37.gif

I had a cute by-pass design with a diamond and a sapphire pear somewhere. No pave and a ring made in one piece. Wonder if a double-loop ring like this would look nice with a brushed finish - I''d bet it does.
This kinda reminds me of JCJD''s ring, the way it is set!

ForteKitty, I love the shape collection you got going on here.
36.gif

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
butterfly, I LOVE that K in rose gold ring...I''m dying over here because I want that exactly for my L now! Why oh why did I go custom already?!

FK, it was so generous of you to give it to your mom...only to have her give it back. How funny and cute is that? About the stone being in a pendant or ring ...these are good dilemnas to have, no?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FK
somehow you always find these great deals.
36.gif
36.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!
9.gif

DF~ what can i say, i love a good deal.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow.. what a deal! and I totally can''t get over how big it looks... yummmmy.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/11/2006 5:20:26 PM
Author: ForteKitty

i thought about getting a nice custom ring, but really could not get myself to pay so much for it since the stone was so cheap.

Lets put it this way: what you saved on the diamond, could always go in the setting!
31.gif

After all, in the end the ring (or whatever piece of jewelry) is what shows, not the setting and the center stone separately - those only look as separate items on the bill
38.gif

In fact, I am pretty much waiting to see what stupendous bargain you could possibly find for the setting.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
how pretty! love the setting...very unique and shows off the pear shape so well!

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
I would find this pear home on a 250$ 2mm solitaire setting, classical but classy...
And it would even look bigger...

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2006 4:30:24 PM

In fact, I am pretty much waiting to see what stupendous bargain you could possibly find for the setting.

hahaha.. nah, i doubt i'll be able to find that good a deal on settings. I have small fingers so pretty much everything has to be custom... it's just a matter of how custom i want it to be. I really do like the current setting because it's so unique. And it makes the diamond look HUGE. Much bigger, i think, than it would as a solitaire.

What if i reset it and hated it? would the bezel be ruined if i take the diamond out?
33.gif

ginger, icekid, queenmum~ thanks for the compliments guys!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Listen, if you really want to give it away, I''ll be a very grateful recipient.
17.gif

Seriously, I think it''s really a very exciting piece the way it is. I''d resize that puppy and wear it!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2006 12:10:07 AM
Author: lumpkin

Seriously, I think it''s really a very exciting piece the way it is. I''d resize that puppy and wear it!
I am!
5.gif

I swear, sometimes i just feel so fickle and can''t make up my mind about anything because i don''t wanna waste money if i ended up changing my mind. Actually, what would make it easier is if i had 10 of each shape, then i can do one in each style.
11.gif
So craving an oval right now. Again. hmm...
27.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2006 9:53:05 PM
Author: ForteKitty

Date: 3/12/2006 4:30:24 PM

hahaha.. nah, i doubt I'll be able to find that good a deal on settings. I have small fingers so pretty much everything has to be custom...

Understand that only too well - with size 3 rings or so. I've given up thinking of rings and bracelets off the rack a while ago. Not that I am complaining
1.gif

It's just a matter of how custom i want it to be. I really do like the current setting because it's so unique. And it makes the diamond look HUGE. Much bigger, i think, than it would as a solitaire.

Agreed... If you say it isn't too heavy in person, I would probably have the V-tip sized down while the ring is being resized. If it is allot of resizing (more than 2 sizes, say), there will be quite a bit of intervention anyway - a bit more wouldn't even count.

What if i reset it and hated it? would the bezel be ruined if i take the diamond out?

No... If it may be slightly more complicated than it is the case with usual thin prongs, that your jeweler can tell way better than I could guess. Ruined? No.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2.gif
Speaking of small, fancy rings with pear shaped diamonds...

LINK

DSCN9183.jpg

Not quite a great a deal as you got girl, but love that setting!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
This one reminds me of a snake
32.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I like that snake-ish design! (but maybe not for MY ring.
11.gif
)

So-- I had it sized and plated, and it looks MUCH whiter. But it still doesn''t glow like the marquise w/ strong blue fluorescence. (Gosh, i love fluor!!!) Anyway... i think i want to reset it.

Remeber my 3 stone diamond & sapphire design? well, my jeweler came back From Hong Kong with a much prettier design, so i''m going with that instead. It has 2 half-moon sapphires, and the shank is engraved. I should have it in about 2 weeks because he has to custom make it into my ring size and he''s still jet-lagged.

This means that the sapphires i originally found are now free to be used in another project. How do you think this pear would look between 2 round sapphires?

This thread shows the sapphires, which are 3.5mm: SAPPHIRES

or maybe i should start a new thread with this question....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results