shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally found sapphires... LOOKEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I finally found a pair of sapphires that i totally love. My only concern is that they may be a bit small?

Diamond is: 5.80-5.83mm in diameter. Sapphires are 3.5mm in diameter. The span of my ring finger is about 13.5mm.

what do you think?

blue sapphires side prep pic 1.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
another picture of the diamond next to the sapphires. I apologize for the dirty box in the background.. it was the closest box and i didn''t realize it was dirty until now!

blue sapphire sides 2.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
They photograph so light - like a cornflower blue...and they''re STUNNING.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
My photoshop skills suck... can someone who''s more talented cut and paste them next to the diamond so i can get an idea of the proportion? Purty, purty pleease??
5.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
gorgeous and sparkley! congratulations!

movie zombie

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2006 2:49:38 AM
Author: FireGoddess
They photograph so light - like a cornflower blue...and they''re STUNNING.
That''s exactly why i love them. they actually look very similar to blue diamonds. And they are cut like diamonds, so no excess weight, and they sparkle like no tomorrow!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are beautiful stones! Along with a beautiful diamond, such as you''ve chosen, they will be fantastic! Go for it!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
he he... THANKS ALL!!

I was afraid that 3.5mm will be too small, but i was having the most terrible time finding a pair that was 4mm. You wouldn''t think it''d be that difficult to find something that''s just .5mm larger, but it was!

Now i''m debating whether i should have it mounted in a plain 3-stone ring, or one with pave diamonds down the shank. decisions, decisions. Either way, i do want the shank to taper in/curving upwards as it nears the sapphires.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FK
they look beautiful.
30.gif
36.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
OMG, i''m so embarassed by those awful pictures of my diamond. Here is what it really looks like:

ringrose1.jpg

ringrose2.jpg

ringoutside1.jpg

ringoutside4.jpg

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Fk, they are beautiful and I think that ring is going to be DELICIOUS!!! I can''t wait!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooooooo, Fortekitty, your ring is gorgeous and it will look fantastic with those sapphire sides. I love, love, love the color of the sapphires. There''s going to be a lot of sparklie coming from that ring!
emsmiled.gif
Can''t wait to see the end result.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the size is great - maybe Ana could help you with her excellent photoshop skills!

The color is wonderful and the sparkle is really something! Where did you find them?

I think the pairing will be beautiful - the pave sounds like an interesting choice - there would be tremendous bling to be sure!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the cornflower blue Forte!!!! I can''t wait for someone to photoshop these next to your diamond. Great find!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, I think its going to be gorgeous. I love those sapphires and I dont think they''re too small at all.
36.gif

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
those sapphires are amazing and will look great. I don''t think they are too small at all. They look just right to me. That ring is going to be fantastic! I love lighter colored well cut sapphires, they sparkle so much.

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful color - and the size looks perfect!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your diamond is just gorgeous and it is going to look fantastic with those two lovely sapphires!!! I think the proportions are right on.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
My boyfriend did these two renderings. It was kind of hard because the picture quality and the angles but I hope it helps! I really like the saphires. Where did you get them?

ringsaph.jpg

ringrose.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I think the proportion is perfect the way indecisive''s BF photoshopped it. I think a simple 3-stone ring would be beautiful. It''s up to you if you want to add pave down the shank. I like just the simple 3 stones with the basket style setting, but that''s up to you. I think the sapphires are absolutely gorgeous!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think some small diamonds down the shank...perhaps in descending size?....would be stunning.

movie zombie

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
very pretty FK

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooooooooooooooooooh i love them!!!

i adore blues in general, but i typically don't love the too dark sapphires that many tend to get for a 3 stone (or what you see in most stores!), but these sweet light ones are right up my alley and so unique looking too!!!!

i think they will be stunning with your stone! for a setting i am imagining something like a mark morrell with the tapered pave shank ... do you know which one i mean, like buttercup's setting? love it...subtle but beautiful. for the heads what about something like noobie's kind of flowing 3 stone from one stone to the next. gotta pay attention to how the side view looks too!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
They are perfect!!!
30.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2006 10:21:00 AM
Author: MissGotRocks

The color is wonderful and the sparkle is really something! Where did you find them?
A local jeweler in L.A. found them for me. It took a really long time because i was way too picky with the color and cut. This pair is a teeeeny tiny bit off because one is *slightly* deeper than the other (less than .2mm) which makes it *slightly* darker at certain angles, but close enough for me to say forget it and just set it!! I''m so excited!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2006 12:26:49 PM
Author: indecisive
My boyfriend did these two renderings. It was kind of hard because the picture quality and the angles but I hope it helps! I really like the saphires. Where did you get them?
Oh wow, thanks for the renderings!! i think they will look awesome once set!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2006 6:23:30 PM
Author: Mara
i think they will be stunning with your stone! for a setting i am imagining something like a mark morrell with the tapered pave shank ... do you know which one i mean, like buttercup''s setting? love it...subtle but beautiful. for the heads what about something like noobie''s kind of flowing 3 stone from one stone to the next. gotta pay attention to how the side view looks too!!
Yep, i''m thinking of something like buttercup''s setting, but i''m afraid it might be too busy. I dunno. Gotta think about this one. I have to reset my marquise, so i may go the pave shank route with that one. Don''t want too many with the same design!

I just wanna thank EVERYONE for their compliments! This is sooo exciting for me, as i''ve been trying to get this diamond set for ages, but it never worked out. I CAN"T WAIT!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait till this ring is done. I too love the lighter color sapphires rather than those that are darker. I think it will be stunning.
36.gif

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
I love lighter Ceylon-type sapphires. They have so much more life.

BTW, your ring is going to be GORGEOUS. I think the proportions are lovely. I also vote for pave on the shank, too. But I am a pave ho.

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/26/2006 10:10:46 PM
Author: crafftygrrl
I love lighter Ceylon-type sapphires. They have so much more life.

BTW, your ring is going to be GORGEOUS. I think the proportions are lovely. I also vote for pave on the shank, too. But I am a pave ho.

I love the lighter ones too. Though, I love a gorgeous deep blue, like in San Diego Lady''s three stone, but I hate the ones that look almost black and have no sparkle. I can''t imagine why you''d want an opaque looking sapphire.
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results