shape
carat
color
clarity

Preggo stuff, Baby Stuff, Toddler Stuff...post your best finds here!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Moms, I need your help!

Do you see anything wrong with this diaper bag? We aren't even pregnant yet, but we're trying, and we've got a ton of Pottery Barn giftcards left over from the wedding (and aren't finding much we want to spend it on). This diaper bag looks pretty great, but really, what do I know? I need experienced moms to chime in before I purchase. I'd be ordering it in the brown, like the photo.

PB Ultimate Diaper Bag

PBdiapbag.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Ebree, that is a nice looking bag. I never thought of looking at PB for a diaper bag.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I have been hunting for a diaper bag that looks like a regular handbag. (I usually carry a small, solid color leather bag.) What do you guys think of these bags by Van Chi? They come with faux croc trim in chocolate or ebony -- I''m not sure what color I would get since I cannot find good pics showing the two colors.

Carry All style:

VC Carry All.jpg

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
I bought a bag at the coach outlet that is enormous- It is not a diaper bag but I was just planning on using it as one- Do you think it will work out? I think so...
I can't find a picture but it's just plain leather over the shoulder large tote- it's not on their website- maybe becasue it's from the outlet? I dunno. Anyhoo I will try to take a picture later.
here is a link-hope it works
http://www.ampmfashion.com/co11calebobu.html

eta oh and it was half price(they were having a sale- I don't remember if the orig price there was 299 or not- it was a birthday gift!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you can use whatever bag you want...doesn''t have to be a diaper bag. Some people like compartments and some people like bigger spaces. Personally I would not carry any bag that you couldn''t have hands free. I have a JuJuBe backpack (both the small and large ones). I really like carrying the bag out of the way. Also, another thing to keep in mind is to have a bag that you can attach in some way, shape or form to a stroller. Some stroller baskets aren''t that big, so it''s nice to be able to attach (although remember with umbrella strollers, they will tip without the baby in it!).

Other nice features would be a light interior so the bag isn''t one big black hole and side pockets for bottle or sippy cups. If your BFing and using bottles, an insulated compartment would be good (or a separate little bag for the milk and an ice pack).

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 11:55:49 AM
Author: Kay
Ebree, that is a nice looking bag. I never thought of looking at PB for a diaper bag.

Thanks, Kay! I went ahead and ordered it in the chocolate color (unisex, good for both DH and I to carry). I like that it has a lot of pockets (inc. bottle pockets on the side) and is made of a wipe-clean polyester.

HaloAngel

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for asking about diaper bags, Ebree! I am very interested in purchasing one for my expecting sister!

It seems that a celebrity favorite is : http://www.petuniapicklebottom.com/ They have very chic & gorgeous bags but they are a little on the pricy side.

I was also thinking of a Lululemon or Coach bag for her....I would love some PS opinions....what are you recs ladies?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 6:05:30 PM
Author: HaloAngel
Thanks for asking about diaper bags, Ebree! I am very interested in purchasing one for my expecting sister!

It seems that a celebrity favorite is : http://www.petuniapicklebottom.com/ They have very chic & gorgeous bags but they are a little on the pricy side.

I was also thinking of a Lululemon or Coach bag for her....I would love some PS opinions....what are you recs ladies?
PPB bags are pretty, but IMHO they are totally impractical. My friend has two of them and never uses them. I mean, c''mon...dry cleaning for a diaper bag? I think they have come out with some that are more functional though, but I can''t remember.

For the same price range, JuJuBe makes more sense, I think.... www.ju-ju-be.com . But their prints are more "fun" (i.e. loud) vs sophisticated like PPB bags. Plus their bags are heavy when empty, IMHO. I have the MiniBe and Packabe, and I like them both, especially the MiniBe because I am a total minimalist when it comes to packing.

I''ve heard good things about Fleurville and Vera Bradley as well.

E B

Ideal_Rock
TG-

RE: The Pottery Barn bag I posted on the previous page, did you see any red flags? I''ve already ordered it, but I can always send it back if its missing something essential.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 7:11:51 PM
Author: EBree
TG-

RE: The Pottery Barn bag I posted on the previous page, did you see any red flags? I''ve already ordered it, but I can always send it back if its missing something essential.
It looks like a nice bag EBree. If you think you won''t mind carrying messenger style, then go for it! I know for myself, I lug around the carseat with the baby in it,(I live in apartment so I have to lug it to and from the car a bit). so I hate to have a bag hitting my side or falling of my shoulder if I am too lazy to have put it on across the body.

Just keep in mind that everything will have weight in it. You''ll load the bag with all kinds of stuff and it will most likely be bulky unless you are a very streamlined packer. The carseat, which seemed so light in the store, will be a lot heavier with the baby in it...and those puppies don''t stay 7 pounds forever! When it comes to baby stuff, I am totally function over form. Of course, it''s nice to have both, but as you know...I''m a practical gal.
1.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 11:33:54 PM
Author: EBree
Moms, I need your help!

Do you see anything wrong with this diaper bag? We aren''t even pregnant yet, but we''re trying, and we''ve got a ton of Pottery Barn giftcards left over from the wedding (and aren''t finding much we want to spend it on). This diaper bag looks pretty great, but really, what do I know? I need experienced moms to chime in before I purchase. I''d be ordering it in the brown, like the photo.

PB Ultimate Diaper Bag
Actually EBree, I have taken a closer look at the bag...

Magnetic closures are nice since it won''t wake up the baby as much. But keep in mind, if the magnets are strong, it can do some damage to hotel room keys, cell phones, ipods, and gift cards (this has been an issue with Ju Ju Be bags). Also, if the flap is the ONLY closure, I might pass on it. Flaps are kind of annoying (getting in and out of the bag when it''s on you is a pain) but if it is the only closure, stuff might fall out. I prefer a zipper. And if there IS a zipper on the bag, then it''s still kind of annoying since you have to unflap, then zip. Not sure if this will be an annoyance to you though.

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Ebree-sorry I didn''t comment earlier- I think that bag looks cute- but Tgal sounds like she knows what she is talkin'' about. Maybe when you see it in person you will get a better idea.

Tgal- I am really thinking about the backpack style now that you pointed out how easy they are to carry. gonna have to think about this. I have a love of bags so maybe i will just have to have more than one.hehe.

Kay your bags look good. they definitely have a sophisticated vibe to them. I couldn''t tell the difference in color, though.

I am going to check out tjmaxx. I remember a few years ago they had cute baby bags that were with a chinese print- they might have been back pack.

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 9:32:17 PM
Author: Burk
Ebree~One of my friends has that diaper bag and loves it!! Let us know what you think when you get it!

I have an OiOi Diaper bag. It's very functional and looks good.
2.gif
http://www.oioi.com.au/index.php?s=collection&p=new
Op, diaper bag twins!! I have an oi oi as well but obviously haven't used it.

Ebree, I love the one you picked out!

ETA: Pave, someone told me to think of what you like in a bag now-lots of space, lots of pockets, flap, zipper etc and buy a nappy bag that resembles that! Mine looks very similar to my work briefcase (but a different fabric obviously!).

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Next question up: high chairs! I''ve heard good things about the pricey Boon one, the rainforest Fisher-Price one, and most of the smaller booster seats. What are your recs for something sturdy and easy to clean? Thanks so much!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Peony, we''ve got a FP rainforest one and love it! It''s got the one-hand recline, the seat is plastic and easy to clean, the straps come off and can go in the washing machine (high chair straps get NASTY so you really want removable ones! Our older high chair doesn''t have removable straps, and .... ICK), plus it comes with toys that attach to the tray: a tiger rattle and a big honkin'' thing with lights, music, etc.

I know Tacori is in looooove with her Boon -- and it''s so cute, it''s easy to see why!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I just bought the Evenflo Majestic Highchair and love it. It has fun toys for T to play with while I''m getting ready or cleaning up and it''s easy to clean. Everything wipes down and straps are easy to remove and stick in washing machine. It''s also a muted brown color so it blends in to our dining room as much as a baby product can!
2.gif
9.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Ladies,

Do we need a mattress pad for the crib? I would have normally said yes---to provide some softness (otherwise is just crib sheet and waterproof sheet on top), but some books are saying anything more than two layers is a hazard.

I was wondering what others thought..

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 4:29:21 PM
Author: janinegirly
Ladies,

Do we need a mattress pad for the crib? I would have normally said yes---to provide some softness (otherwise is just crib sheet and waterproof sheet on top), but some books are saying anything more than two layers is a hazard.

I was wondering what others thought..
I just use the ultimate crib sheet on top of a regular sheet. I like it.

I feel sorry for my daughter. A gal in our circle of friends has the some crib as I do (it''s several years old but a good quality crib...I got mine from my BFF who was done with it) and hers is done up so much cuter than mine. Mine just has a green mesh bumper, a yellow Carters sheet (got it on sale, didn''t care what it looked like) and the white UCS since they only carry white at BRU. It looks worse than a hospital bed and not cozy at all! But she sleeps well in it and I guess that is all that matters. The gal with the same crib as mine is so cute but she uses plush bumpers...and she can get away with it because her baby only sleeps in the carseat so that is where they leave her.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ebree..better late than never right? My friend has that same PB bag and loves it. Personally I need a bigger bag (like that) and realized that I need to carry MORE stuff now than during the first 6 months. now I have to carry travel spoon, food, cherrios, toys, etc...takes up room!

So my MIL has the FP travel high chair. Works well! Still love my boon though. Also T tried a walker and likes it. Even if she can only go backwards. A new must have would have to be the leap frog learning table (with removable legs). She LOVES it.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
does anyone have the Vera Bradley diaper bag? I like that they don''t necessarily look like a diaper bag, but now have to choose a pattern...

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
I''m still TTC, but I thought I''d share a fun diaper bag line with you all. I have purses/wallets from this company and love them, so I''m pretty sure I''ll just have to get a diaper bag too when the time comes!
http://www.queenbee-creations.com/categories/52/items

This is one of my faves:

chick.jpg

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2008 4:47:00 PM
does anyone have the Vera Bradley diaper bag? I like that they don''t necessarily look like a diaper bag, but now have to choose a pattern...
hi janine-
my mom just sent me a vera bradley diaper bag! it''s so cute- it has littlr pink elephants on it- I don''t know what i am having but I love pink anyway. I think it is a breast cancer support one because there was a smaller bag inside that she gave me too and that had the tag on it- I''m pretty sure they were marked down(on sale). I think i may carry it even if I have a boy- also I don''t really think it looks like a diaper bag so maybe I would use it as a tote/carryon if I don''t want to use it as a diaper bag. It came with a diaper changing pad that was covered in terry.

What patterns do you like?

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I do! Well, did! DD is 5 so it is now a beach bag. That should tell you how well it held up! I had Red Bandana. Now DD has lots of petal pink bags. VB bags are just so cute for diaper bags! And I love that they are washable.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2008 10:13:59 PM
Author: Miranda

I do! Well, did! DD is 5 so it is now a beach bag. That should tell you how well it held up! I had Red Bandana. Now DD has lots of petal pink bags. VB bags are just so cute for diaper bags! And I love that they are washable.

I have peacock (I think that is what it is called). Still looks great after 8 months. It''s funny b/c I don''t really like their purses but there was something so fun about the diaper bag. I agree washable is key.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
oh fun..we get to compare VB patterns
1.gif

Right now I''m liking Riviera Blue or Pinwheel Pink. I''m having a girl (still I hope!) so pink is fine but I wonder if I''d tire of it quicker. Some of the colors you girls mentioned have retired. I love the pink elephant one too, very chic!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
janine, I will say the size is very good (though starting to get small!) Plus I love the pockets on the side. I keep a water bottle in one and a baby bottle in the other. But I also have a few extra gadgets to make my life easier
2.gif
Is my pattern retired already? Wow, that was fast!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I''m an "everything but the kitchen sink" in my diaper bag kinda gal, and I love the Oi Oi bags. The one I want is not available in the states until Sept 1st...but I have it special ordered at the boutique by my house.
Here it is...

http://www.oioi.com.au/index.php?s=collection&p=tote,32,28

D won a gift certificate to the boutique, so I''m using that to pay for it with!! woowoo.

But I don''t like the backpack kinds so much. I''m just not a backpack girl. I like messenger bags. I think this tote is cool cuz it could also double as a casual briefase (I have 3 other diaper bags too--a green camo spark by skip hop, a fluerville, and a Kecci)

Speaking of Kecci...if anyone likes the look of the PPB backpacks, the Kecci versions are a third of the price, made even BETTER than the PPBs, and machine washable. I love washable & wipeable. :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diver, I like to be prepared too!

WARNING: I previously said I liked the FB space saver high chair (my ILs have it for T) just a warning the tray does NOT fit in a standard size dishwasher (at least theirs). Kind of a pain. My Boon comes with *2* tray liners than fit perfectly in the top shelf. Feeding gets *really* messy.

Still like my Maclaren Volo. I bought the accessory kit since I want to travel with it and it comes with a travel bag. The airlines REALLY throw your stuff around.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results