shape
carat
color
clarity

Precious Metals Eternity Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Noobie is to blame for this
2.gif

I left the appraisal at work - from memory it has 0.75cttw E-G ideal cut melee, handmade in platinum with shared prongs.

The prongs wasn''t quite how I wanted it - notice how the prongs are sort of curved and set diagonally?? Hmm..
5.gif

JLEternity2.jpg

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Ooops - I attached the wrong pic :razz:

I am having trouble uploading pics to the server
confused.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 10/16/2004 10:38:36 PM jadeleaves wrote:

Noobie is to blame for this
2.gif

----------------

I don't mind at all if it get's you more bling! Besides I blame Jennifer for everything anyways

1.gif

It looks lovely. I can't really tell what you mean by the prongs. More pics are required
2.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Noobie!

Hmm.. the prongs are a tad too thick for my liking - I wanted tiny ones that doesn't cover so much of the tiny melee diamonds.

I suppose for a handmade ring, I should expect 'quirks' like this? I am happy with the quality of the ring, it's just that I wanted a ring with more delicate prongs.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Ok--I'm officially showing up to take the blame.
14.gif
2.gif

Jade, I think it's awesome--and I see that totally fabulous thumb ring again!
lickout.gif
I don't know if I've seen a shared prong eternity ring with smaller prongs...? Both of mine look that way. Maybe they need to be that way for security of the stones? Well, I think it's beautiful and looks great with your ring.
9.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
*heheh*

"Jennifer - The PS Diamond Scapegoat"

Hmm.. when I look at the prongs on this eternity ring, some of them are bigger/thicker than others.

And yes, the jeweller said that the prongs had to be like that because if the prongs are set closer together, the diamonds will 'protrude' outside of the band, and will scratch my 3 stone ring when I wear them together.

I love how I can still see the surprise diamonds when I wear them together!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
If I *really* examine my eternity bands (and let's be honest--I have
2.gif
), also handmade, sure, there are minor variations but I really wouldn't let this worry you...It's kind of like when you get good leather and the tag says "Minor variations in texture are normal characeristics of the leather and NOT defects". Very slight differences only noticeable upon intense scrutiny are the markings of someone who crafted a gorgeous ring by hand just for you!
2.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Jennifer you are the best!

Thanks for making me feel better about the ring
2.gif
I do like it, I think I just have to get used to the prongs. I think it's just that I had expectations of how it's going to look like (I sent pictures) and it turned out slightly different. But like you said, it is a gorgeous ring handmade for me, and the quirks are what sets it apart.
4.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Hey Jadeleaves- where've ya been???
I love the new band. It compliments the three-stoner beautifully

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Hi sevens one
wavey.gif

I've been busy with work, and trying to keep away from PS because everytime I log on, I get tempted by all the beautiful rings I see here.

As you can see, in the space of 5 months I have completed 3 projects - my old e-ring stone reset into a new ring with pink diamonds, my 3 stone ring, and now my eternity ring. Ohh and I bought myself a cute thumb ring.

11.gif
I *really* have to be good for now
11.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I happen to Love all your "projects"

But I know what you mean- this place is dangerous.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jadeleaves, I love your ring
love.gif
It is very pretty. I have always wanted a ring like that but was told by several jewelers now that a channel set one would match my e-ring better.
8.gif

Wear it in good health.

Camellia

Shiny_Rock
Jadeleaves
I looove your new ring - I'm going to have to get me one of those! I missed your earlier projects - could you post pics again please for silly old me? I'd particularly like to see the pink diamonds. I'm also going to have to get a digital camera!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/17/2004 12:58:59 AM cflutist wrote:

Jadeleaves, I love your ring
love.gif
It is very pretty. I have always wanted a ring like that but was told by several jewelers now that a channel set one would match my e-ring better.
8.gif

Wear it in good health.----------------

Thank you both kindly! Where is the blushing smiley when you need one?!!

I have promised my husband I will be good for the time being, so no more for now!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Dear Camellia,

Here are the links to my projects:

3 stone ring Pt 1 - Documents the beginning of my 3 stone ring project which started as a 'mission' to match my ering stone
3 stone ring pt 2 - Decided that with my newfound knowledge & advice from fellow PScopers about cut etc, I *couldn't* match 2 other stones to my ering stone.
3 stone ring pt 3 - GOG Diamonds
Old E-ring stone reset with *tiny* pinks - Retained sentimental value and a RHR!
Completed 3 stone ring
Eternity Ring plus thumb ring

I am lucky to have everyone here help me with all my projects!

Cheers,

Jade.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Ok, HELLO...where have I been? I just saw this....and I'm glad you just posted the links bc I want details. I love the three stone...love the thumb and love the new band. Love em. Love em. Love em.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I love the new ring, jadeleaves! It looks wonderful with your 3-stone ring. Yes, it's very nice that you can still see the surprise stones on your 3-stone ring. What size diamonds are they in the eternity band...3 pointers?

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Jade...all of your rings look fantastic! I read your other threads and I love how your 3 stone ring turned out. I used to think that was how I wanted to reset my RB, then I changed my mind, and now after seeing yours...I'm turning back in that direction. I just love the surprise diamonds in your gallery. I can't believe you've done all of this in such a short period of time! You go girl!!

Enjoy your new baubles. They look awesome!

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Jade,
I love your jewelry!! The new band looks wonderful with your e-ring!

In terms of the setting, when I look at the close up pics, I see what you are talking about, but when it is on your hand, I think the prongs look very pretty... all I see are gorgeous diamonds
wink2.gif

Thanks for posting all of your goodies
appl.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Jadeleaves -- you have been busy, and it is all beautiful! Maybe you can get leonid to put up an "are you sure you want to do this?" screen when you try to log on, just to keep the peace in your family!

I love your new eternity ring. You guys are making me want one....... It's fun to see something from Garry since we mostly see the US vendor's work.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
You ppl are too kind!

mmm - I have been following your princess stone search as well - congrats on finding THE stone.

patty - i *think* they are 3 pointers or very close to 3 pointers. I'll have to check the appraisal thingy. I told PM I wanted the eternity ring set low so the surprise diamonds won't be hidden
9.gif

didiamond - excuse me whilst I salivate over your rings
2.gif
Thank you - I got the diamond bug BIG time when I stumbled on Pricescope!

kaili - I am getting used to the prongs now. Hey at least I know the little shiny 'bits' are secure in those prongs!

lop - i think my husband might start blocking this site on our firewall program if I don't restrain myself for a little while
12.gif
I am so glad I found Precious Metals through the recommendations here - look at what happens when you cultivate a good relationship with your jeweller
11.gif
(can we say "JENNIFER"?)
11.gif

I'm sure this won't be the last of my projects - I'll be back!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your eternity ring jadeleaves. The diagonally curved prongs I think gives it a sort of unique look but it does not hit you in the face when you first look at it.

I know it is personal taste but I prefer the look of your ring to others I have seen with the normal straight prongs.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks pyramid - like I said, I am getting used to the prongs now. I think I was just surprised that the ring didn't turn out like what I envisaged (ie, with the straight shared prongs)
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results