shape
carat
color
clarity

Prayers needed

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear Ginger, I am so sorry for what you are all going through and for the tragic loss of your sister in law. I am sending much love and good wishes for your dear brother and his family and for you too. I cannot imagine the horror he is going through and I will keep the whole family in my thoughts and prayers. You are a good sister and exactly what he needs right now. Hugs to you all.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First off, more prayers and hugs for you and yours - especially your brother's kids. Ugh.

In crisis situations, there's the time when everyone is wrapping around you, buoying you up, and then the time when everyone goes back to "regular" life and you are expected to do the same. But you don't go back, and everything is different and you go through the motions. For me, I've found that in these times, the right support group is the only place where I feel like I truly belong and can lay it all out to others who really understand. Other people do it in different ways - they take up running, see a therapist, or find relief through prayer and meditation. There are often grief and loss support groups that are especially focused on losing a spouse. It might be helpful, if you thought he was inclined, to do a bit of research and see if his pastor or health care provider has or knows of a good one in the area.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry for your very sad loss ginger. I will pray for you and your family.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Prayers coming your way.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
That is just a terrible tragedy. I'm so sorry for you and your family. Those poor boys. ;(
A family grief counsellor is an excellent idea, they provide specific long term support that is tailored to the family.

More internet hugs for you.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
rosetta|1390573464|3600180 said:
Oh no. I'm so sorry for your poor brother. He has support, that's good. It would be good if the support could carry on for longer than a few days. Could you speak to his church family about setting up a sort of rota to make sure they take turns checking up on him ? Sorry to be so practical, but it's the months after the loss that really start to hurt. ;(
Yes and to reintegrate Aprilbaby's post, the children need support over a very long time going forward, even grown or mature children can take several years to recover from the loss to a point where they can function at their best. My father died when I was young. I never really fully dealt with it tbh as the ramifications were everywhere for many many years while my elder brother became very depressed for some years. And grief can be very isolating, even between family members. Church support should help.
My sincere condolences JG.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
One day at a time.

One hour at at time when it's really bad.

Thinking of you all...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is wonderful if he is involved in a loving and supportive church. That will be a tremendous support for him and the children. Prayers continuing.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prayers and dust to all the family & a safe trip there & back for you as well.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you and praying for you and your brother and his kids.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds shocking and terribly sad. Thoughts and prayers for your family.

Abby12

Shiny_Rock
Best wishes to you and your family!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hugs and dust to JG and family.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Lots of dust and prayers to you and your family, JG!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
So sorry JG, for your loss, and for the pain you and your family are in right now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results