shape
carat
color
clarity

Prayers Needed Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 4:26:59 PM
Author: somethingshiny
L was able to have her respirator removed today! We''re so relieved. She''ll probably have her leg set Wednesday, and she may have to have more facial reconstruction around her eye.

C may have her stomach pump removed this afternoon and she needs scans of her back. She''s got a lot of pain and swelling which may just be from the impact but they will check for spinal fractures, etc.

Thank you all for your continued prayers.

eta-I just found out the driver of the other vehicle is a friend of my sis''s in-laws. He was only 29 and he left 2 kids behind. Please continue to pray for his family as well.
You are a strong lady; I am glad L''s respirator is removed, thank goodness. Prayers continued for C to recover soon and the whole family, and I again I am sorry for your loss. Prayers for all.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry for the pain your family is going through . Your family and that of the other driver are in my thoughts and prayers!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
SS, glad to hear that the kids are doing as well as they can. Still thinking of your family.

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry. I will pray for your family to heal in all ways.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
so sorry to hear the news. we will be praying for you and your entire family.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending healing prayers to everyone.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you and your family.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the updates. I pray that everyone recovers and heals and that precious memories of the lost are forever with all of you...

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
L is awake and doing well! Still waiting on results for some of C''s tests.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
SS, I am so sorry about the loss of your family member. I am praying for both families involved in the accident and for the children''s fast recoveries.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Sending prayers and hugs!

jen

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
This is a terrible terrible tragedy. I''m so sorry. Prayers for the pain to stop and the healing to begin.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
SS, I am holding your family in my thoughts and prayers. I was so very sorry to read about this. May the little ones make a speedy recovery.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
glad L is awake; continued prayers for your family SS. Hugs and prayers.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any updates? I am so sorry for the loss in your family.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
SS, please know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. (((hugs)))

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
L is wanting to sit up which is great, but of course she still needs to be lying still. We were originally told that most of her broken bones would need further surgery this week, but we were told today that everything is healing so well it probably won''t be necessary.

C has a compression fracture of the L3 vertebrae and has been fitted with a brace. She has been sitting up with her coloring book, though, and you would never know what injuries she suffered. Unfortunately, her memories aren''t fading and she''s still having a lot of flashbacks. Good news about her is they can hear digestive sounds already! (she had a section of colon removed due to a tear)

A''s eyelid was cut nearly off, but (thank, God again) his vision is fine and you can hardly tell there was an injury. He got to see the girls and they were all happy to be together.

The parents and siblings are doing as well as can be expected but still in need of peaceful rest and energy to keep going.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
SS, thanks for the update. I am still thinking of your family and hope they continue to have a quick recovery!

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
SS just wanted to say your family is in my thoughts and prayers! Children have amazing resiliency and I bet they will continue to heal quickly. Sorry for their mental anguish as this will probably take a bit longer, but there are good resources available.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I am truly sorry for your loss and I am praying for you and your family.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words.

C is going to be in a wheelchair while her back heals and she''s nervous about going to school in the chair. She''s having a really hard time distancing herself from her memories. But, she''s healing (physically) very quickly.

L is sleeping most of the time but when she''s awake she wants to get up. She even told her mom she had to finish her Science fair project and wanted her stuff out of her locker. She''ll be having the rod put in her leg today and some pins in her hands.

Please keep praying for peace of mind and healing.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something, my apologies for being so late to this thread. I am sending biggest hugs and healing vibes to you and your loved ones.

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I just saw this thread, but am sending prayers now. I am so sorry to hear this sad, heartwrenching news.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear the little ones are healing up physically as well as can be expected - children are very resilient that way.

Continued thoughts and prayers for peace and strength for them, you, and your family at this difficult time.

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry to hear of this tragedy and for your loss. I''m glad to hear the children are doing well and send best healing wishes and prayers your way.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
C is in a regular room now and doing pretty well. She still doesn''t want to eat and that''s causing some slows.

L was able to eat a bit today and had a cat scan that came out great!

The services for my aunt were last night and today. In our town of 650 people, over 900 people came to the visitation. The average wait was 3 hours. Hundreds of people stood in the freezing rain and cold, some without coats, most without umbrellas. No one flinched or griped about the weather. It was an overwhelming sight. The funeral was today and it was as nice as a funeral can be. She was remembered for her kindness and faith. What better things to be remembered for?!

thank you all for your continued prayers.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
SS, your post brought me to tears. Again, I am so sorry to hear about your aunt. So tragic! My thoughts continue to be with you and your family.

minicat

Rough_Rock
how awful. our thought are with you

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
SS, I too would like to add my sincere condolences to you and your family for your terrible loss and I pray that the children continue to make good progress.

A car accident that claims the life of a loved one is monumentally brutal and traumatic for family members to deal with. They say that children recover the physical and emotional trauma far better and sooner than adults do, and I pray that this is true for your young cousins.

Five years ago on 12th December my sister and I lost our Mum in a car accident. Mercifully, she was killed instantly. What pained us almost as much as losing Mum was the fact that the lady in the other vehicle who had only been married for 5 days died a week after the accident.

Hold each other close and never ever waste a second of the precious lives that you have and you and your family will come through this, although life is never quite the same as it was before.

Gailey

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all.

Gailey~ I''m sorry for your loss, too. It seems strange that it takes us completely by surprise when someone is killed in a car accident. How many times a day do we get in a car and not even think what could happen. We consider it a safe zone. But, the truth of it is, now that I''m looking, I haven''t seen one curve, hill, or country road without a cross signifying a life lost.

C is in a regular room and is starting to eat.

L is still in PICU. She''s doing well but it''s still scary. She has moments of complete clarity and she''ll talk about her school work, friends, memories. But, then she''ll say something like "My name is Bertha and I''m 35." The dr''s say it''s normal for her to be confused because the healthy parts of her brain are in a "resting" state. She''s still improving very quickly and we are thankful for that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results