shape
carat
color
clarity

Prayers, Good Wishes, and Dust all Accepted!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Aww ...big congrats to not only you but this precious baby too that so deserves a parent just like you. I was heartbroken to see his scars but find him only more beautiful and lovable. Really happy about the outcome on this story.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:bigsmile: So happy for you.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ohh, that’s wonderful news! Congrats on the addition to your family!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Happy for you but even happier that Shoba is going to a good home. ::)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for this thread, Deb. We all need wonderful, positive news these days, and this thread is surely that. I'm sure you feel so lucky, but I can't help but feel that the dog formerly known as Nashoba is the luckiest dog in the World - and deserves to be after his past trauma.

Yay! for happy endings!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Fantastic news! I can feel all the love you have for him already, he will have a very happy home!

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
After your long wait, I'm SO glad to hear that you'll be getting your dog, AGBF. I'm sure he'll have a wonderful home with you.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excellent Deb! Congratulations.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Deb!!! Such happy happy news.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:dance: WOOHOO for both you and that sweet dog :dance:

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful person you are!

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Deb... Your going to be a woofing success; and have many great memories to be...

Paws to you,

Perry

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea whether this new dog will be at all feisty, but this picture could well have described my last yellow Lab. (He is the one I refer to as "the worst dog in the world".)

MyNameIs.jpg

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Y’all enjoy each other!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I grew up with labs, and not a single one was even remotely a bad boy. Of course, we lived across from a river and I took them swimming every day, so maybe that saying "A tired dog is a good dog." was actually the truth. Can't wait to hear stories. What is his name going to be?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I grew up with labs, and not a single one was even remotely a bad boy. Of course, we lived across from a river and I took them swimming every day, so maybe that saying "A tired dog is a good dog." was actually the truth. Can't wait to hear stories. What is his name going to be?

His name is going to be "Hero". It has the long "o" sound in it that "Nashoba" and "Shoba", which he is used to being called. On the other hand, it has more meaning to my daughter and me than "Nashoba" does. (I do not know what, if anything, "Nashoba" means and in what language.) "Hero" stands for his being a survivor, and given his past history of abuse and being found lost and wandering in the woods, I think he is a survivor and a hero. Thank you for asking. :))

Hugs,
Deb :wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that’s great news, so happy for you and Hero. I think Rescue/Rehome dogs know how lucky they are and are so appreciative, our girl certainly is.

Happy days :P2

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic!! Very happy for you Deb!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The secret to a happy lab of any color is 3 hours of fetch a day and a lot of hugs and chew toys.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Karl_K , my dad's dogs were hunting dogs and I was swim leader. :)) The river had a bit of a current so you had to be careful not to send a dog on a doomed mission, because they'd swim forever to get that tennis ball. It was such a joy for me though. I really miss it. The dogs loved it so much too.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Karl_K , my dad's dogs were hunting dogs and I was swim leader. :)) The river had a bit of a current so you had to be careful not to send a dog on a doomed mission, because they'd swim forever to get that tennis ball. It was such a joy for me though. I really miss it. The dogs loved it so much too.

What a wonderful story! Do you have any more? Neither of my retrievers (I had a Golden and a Lab-yellow) were really into retrieving all that much! I often ended up fetching the balls I threw, and the Newfoundland was hopeless. He had zero interest in retrieving balls! But I have to admit I never encouraged it, either, and I the Lab was two when I adopted him. My Golden did bring me every shoe in the house, however. She probably had all the right instincts. If Hero has them, I will throw a ball!!!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF Hunting dogs start training as soon as they come home. They are chosen for their natural aptitude too. So pedigree is something that one looks at I suppose. We always had black labs. For water retrieval, they have to sit, wait, then fetch, come back, drop the ball immediately and sit again. It's not that hard and it comes naturally.

Now as adults we spent some time in the dog show business. Part of that is obedience, and another part is scent trials. Those were like the extreme athlete dogs who would do everything practically by psychic bond with the owner. We definitely never did that. That group had all the retrievers, and for scent and retrieval purposes, they often had roadkill looking bird wings. Yuck! Haha. The things people do with their dogs. These things plus agility trials are fun to watch live. We also did herding trials with sheep. Sheep ram you hard if you're in the way!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results